• Published 25th Aug 2013
  • 432 Views, 7 Comments

A Night in the Life of Princess Luna - MeandSamBFFL



Since the ponies seem to be having good dreams rather than nightmare's, Luna decides to explore a bit in the dreams of some of the ponies.

  • ...
0
 7
 432

Oh most wonderful of nights!

The moon rose high into the the previously bright day's sky. It rose steadily higher until it was so high that it blocked the light of the sun, the latter drifting below the horizon. The citizens gazed in awe as my sister and I worked our magic in the sky. It was funny really, no matter how often we did this, the citizens were always so fascinated to see us bring about the day and night. I made a final twirl in the sky, to another round of ooh's and aah's. Our loyal ponies, composed of stallions, mares, colts and fillies all stared, wide-eyed. Yet their eyes were not as wide as their smiles. It was a truly pleasing and rewarding feeling to impress my citizens again, rather than frighten them.

I slowed the beat of my wings, gracefully falling to the surface. My star-speckled mane fell down slowly by my side, rippling gently. I caught my balance on the polished floor of the balcony as Celestia flew down by my side only seconds later, landing just as (if not more) gracefully. She was the white star of the day glowing in the night.

"Return to your bed, my sister. I will oversee my nighttime duties" I put simply. She nodded to me with a smile and gently lowered her head, briefly touching her horn to mine. I mirrored the respectful action as she raised herself and began her walk to her room. I passed her with a final smile and made my way to my own room on the other side of the castle.

Beginning my nightly walk down the pathways alongside the castle, I couldn't help but gaze above me. The night sky was beautiful as usual, a dark blue with swirls of aqua and violet, complimented by clusters of twinkling stars that resonated together in their own individual patterns. As I regarded my work a comet streaked across the sky, leaving a trail of glitter twinkling behind it. My sky's magnificent centerpiece, the glorious crescent moon, glowed a bright milky white. The small craters were visible, each of them their own unique shapes and sizes, like a real life polka-dot puzzle.

I continued down the shimmering halls to my own room, located at the very end of the narrow hallway. I walked down, looking out the tall glass windows; the hallway lit only by the moonlight from the big moon itself, coloring the hallway and everything within it several gorgeous shades of blue. The door to my room opened at the command of my radiant blue magic, granting me access. I took extra care as the door closed to minimize any noise that could potentially wake anypony, or alert the castle guards. The castle may have belonged to my sister and I, but I still appreciated what the guards did, and sometimes it could be a scare to hear an intruder so close to where the princess should be. For all of their loyalty and vigilance, there was a level of paranoia among them that they'd failed their job before making it to me and realizing it was alright. One could say I was overreacting to such a potential situation, but I liked to think even the smallest things through.

In the center of the floor awaited my bed, beautifully adorned with 3 fluffy blue pillows and a silky blanket embroidered with depictions of planets, constellations, and stars. Activating my magic once more, I gently took off my gleaming silver shoes, necklace and finally, my tiara. Carefully raising the blanket, I settled in and wrapped myself up in a manner similar to a caterpillar preparing its cocoon for metamorphosis. The night was as cold as it was beautiful, and even a princess had to stay warm at times. I closed my eyes, let out a sleepy yawn and let the dark of sleep envelop my mind.

........


I awoke in the Dream World. I was used to seeing this place every night immediately after losing consciousness. Everything was shimmering white, with doors in the most random of spots. They were on the ceiling, in the ground, and spread all around the walls. Each door lead to another pony's dream. Whichever ponies' dream awaited beyond the threshold was written on the wall. I trotted past a few doors, randomly peeking inside them to see if I was needed. "Derpy" was dreaming of being in an ocean of muffins, and looked like she was having fun. Such an odd pony. Meanwhile, another pony, "Sea Swirl" was dreaming of becoming friends with the dolphins at the beach resort near town.

All the ponies in town seemed to be having restful dreams tonight, which was very rare. For the most part, our ponies dreamed happily every night, but there was always at least one or two ponies in the grips of a nightmare. Of course, I would enter it, and help rid them of it in whatever way I can. But tonight was different: No ponies were having trouble in their sleep. How peculiar.

As I sat down on the shimmering white ground, uncertainty settled into my mind. What am I to do now? Just sit here until I wake again? How boring. Certainly there must be something I can do to remain occupied.

I closed my eyes gathering my thoughts. Hmm. Maybe, instead of helping out ponies, I can just have some fun with my subjects in their dream? I could visit them in their sleep, and just have a good time.

The longer I thought about it, the more merit the idea generated. Yes, this could be another way that I bond with my citizens. I suddenly rose in anticipation. Tonight would be different, my sleep a whole new adventure on its own. I was eager to begin, but a new question arose - Which pony should I visit first? I walked to the various doors, and found one that would be perfect.

Upon the door was the name of the first pony I would visit.

"Twilight Sparkle"

Comments ( 7 )

your story is very interesting so far, but I think you need an editor for you spelling/grammer........................:pinkiehappy:

3105730
Thanks! Yeah, I know there's quite a bit of typo's. I'll find a pre-reader to help me locate them so I can fix them up. Thanks for the favorite BTW! :twilightsmile:

There isn't much to be told about the story so far, but I'll look forward to see Luna messing with various ponies' dreams. It's an intriguing concept, especially with that [Comedy] and [Random] tags promising some good fun. I'm silently counting on some really, really weird and bizarre things behind those doors!

However, what's with those indentations made with multiple space bar hits? Wouldn't it be better to Tab them? :trixieshiftright:

Just an Update guys!
Don't worry, the story isn't being given up on. XD
I've just got a LOT of projects, and I've appeared to have taken up more than I could chew.
There SHOULD be a pretty nice sized update to the story this week, so stay tuned! :)

Login or register to comment