• Published 30th Jul 2013
  • 3,033 Views, 113 Comments

Welcome To Sweet Apple Acres - Phantom Writer



Applejack sits and waits for her true love to return to her. What she doesn't know is that her love is in the past with her parents. Can Matt get back home to be with the girl he loves or will he be stuck in the past?

  • ...
8
 113
 3,033

Chapter 19. The Power Ponies!

Edited by Cartoonfan20.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 19. The Power Ponies!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt slowly opened his eyes as his head was pounding.

"I've got to stop going through portals." He thought as he sat up. His eyes went wide as he noticed he was no longer in his pony form but instead he was in his human froam "Holy new personas, ponies!" He couldn't believe what he was seeing "You're the... Masked Matter-Horn!" Twilight looked at her costume "Fili-Second!" Pinkie was jogging in place with a smile on her face "Zapp!" Dash was looking at her costume "R-Radiance!" Rarity was happy with her costume "Mistress Mare-velous!" Applejack was enjoying being in her costume as well, Fluttershy walked out from Applejack's side as she tried to make sense of what was going on "Saddle Rager!" Spike was in shock as he couldn't believe his friend were "You're the... Power Ponies!" There came a boom from behind them making the group look down.

They could see Ponies running away from the building as they saw a pony with a green mane come walking out using her mane to walk "Power Ponies!" She said laughing evilly "How kind of you to join us!"

"Huh?" They all said.

She started laughing evilly as she held an orb in her hoof's.

"Did she just call us... Power Ponies?" Applejack asked.

"You're the... the superheroes from my comic book! It somehow zapped us all in here!" Spike said.

"So somepony zap us back out!" Dash said wanting to go back home.

"My comic book! It said the way to get back to where we started was to defeat the Mane-iac! Your arch-nemesis!" Spike pointed towards Mane-iac.

"Time for the mane event!" The Mane-iac said as she grabbed a pretzel cart and tossed it at them.

She then picked up a mail box and tossed it at Pinkie as she gasped as it hit.

"Pinkie! Where'd she go?!" Dash asked as she couldn't see her friend any more.

"WHEEEE!" They heard as they saw a pink blur going everywhere.

"She could be miles away from here by now! Pinkie is Fili-Second, the fastest pony in all of Maretropolis!" Spike said.

"Um... If you guys are the Power Ponies... Then what the heck am I?" They all turned their head's to look, What they saw mad their eyes go wide.

"Y-You're Captain Equestria!" Spike said in shock.

The group looked at him in awe as his suit matched that of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna's colors, He also had a shield that had the two sister's on the front "Captain Equestria? So... What powers do I have?"

"Super strength, that’s really it." Spike said.

Matt rolled his eyes "Great, I just have super strength."

"Also, You're shield is made out of the toughest metal making it the most powerful weapon you have!" Spike said making Matt smile.

Applejack pulled out her lasso and went to use it on the Mane-iac but it wrapped around a light pole, She tried to break free from the rope but couldn't.

"Twilight! Freeze her mane!" Spike said looking at Twilight.

"Do what?" She asked.

"You're the Masked Matter-Horn! You can shoot all kinds of crazy power beams from your horn!" He said.

Twilight looked up at her horn. She closed her eyes and spread her wing's as her horn began to glow and a little of snowflakes came out "You know, I'm beginning to enjoy this!" She chuckled as she tossed a fire hydrant at them.

"Dash! Quick! You're Zapp, and your superpower is controlling the mighty forces of nature! Unholster the lightning bolt!" He said.
Dash flew up towards the sky as she used her Lightning bolt to bring forth a storm only to have a tornado come down and suck them into it "Lightning, not a tornado!"

Matt jumped off the building and landed onto the ground "Put down the orb or you’re going to taste my shield."

"I wold like to see you try Captain!" Mane-iac said sending her mane's towards him.

Spike slammed into the wall as shook his and noticed the orb right in front of him "The Electro-Orb!" Spike reached out and took it from the Mane-iac's mane as he slowly walked away with it.

Matt was sent into a wall "Is that all you got?" Matt asked grinning as he tossed his shield towards her sending her back knocking Spike over and dropping the orb.

The Mane-iac picked the orb up "Why, thank you, Hum Drum!" She said laughing evilly as she took off running.

Matt went to chase after her when something hard hit the back of his head knocking him out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt rubbed the back of his head as he felt the bruise on his head "Did anyone catch the number of that car?" He asked looking around as he noticed he wasn't on the streets anymore, But instead inside a steel cage.

"Good work boys! With Captain Equestria locked away we can used his shield to help power my machine!" Matt rolled his eyes as he looked at the ponies around him and saw the Mane-iac laughing.

"Let me guess, you’re going to hold me as a hostage?" He asked getting up and walking towards the lock.

"No, she’s going to give you me to take back and kill." Matt knew that voice and turned to see none other than Darkfire himself standing there with a grin on his scaly face.

"Great, Now I have to deal with you." Matt sighed knowing this day just got worst.

"Now Captain," The dragon jumped down to the ground and walked towards the cage "Once I've killed you I shall be forever known as the dragon who killed the Captain." He ran his claw across the cage "And to think, all those time's I've tried to kill you and the Mane-iac managed to capture you."

"Listen Darkfire, As much as I enjoy kicking your scaly butt, I'm not in the mood." He said tried to summon his elements.

"Darkfire?" He started laughing "You must have hit him a little too hard Mane-iac!"

"What's so funny?" Matt asked glaring at the dragon.

"Let me refresh that memory of yours cap, Names Redfire! And you'll remember that name when I kill you." Smoke began to build within the dragon's nostrils.

"So this isn't Darkfire then... Oh I get it! He's like the Red Skull!... Then why isn't he red?" Matt then got an Idea "Oh Redfire! I didn't recognize you without your red scales!"

The dragon blinked as the smoke faded, the dragon looked down at his scales and noticed he still had on his black scales "Oh, I see I forgot to take off my disguise!" The dragon ripped off the black scales and tossed them aside "Now, I'm back to normal." With his black scales gone his red scales showed Matt his true form.

"Much better." Matt stood next to the dragon as he snacked on a doughnut "So, as you were."

"Yes! Now watch as you die!" The dragon blew his fire into the cage as fire engulfed the cage.

Matt clapped his hands as the cage melted "Bravo! You managed to kill Captain Equestria! What are you going to do now?"

"First I'm going gather my army and take this land an-" The dragon blinked as he saw the Captain standing there and his eyes filled with rage "RAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Matt jumped back as the dragon slammed his claws down cracking the ground.

"Watch it! You'll bring down the place!" The Mane-iac yelled feeling the ground shake.

The dragon was enraged as he rushed towards Matt as his claws tried to slice through him.

Matt dodged each attack as he grabbed a pipe sitting off in the corner and used it to attack the dragon head on.

Matt jumped over the dragon and onto his back as he used the pipe and smashed it over the dragon's head knocking him out and Matt smiled "One down," Matt looked at the Mane-iac "And one to g-" His words were cut off as he felt a mist cover his body and froze "Okay, W-Why can't I move?"

"I used The Hairspray Ray of Doom on you." She laughed.

"Come on out, Mane-iac! Or the Power Ponies are comin' in!" Matt knew that was Rainbow Dash. He wished he could smile as he knew the six mares would kick her but.

"Looks like your time is u-" She sprayed him again shutting him up.

"Take him and place him in the cage!" She yelled walking away.

He could her laughing as the doors to her factory opened up.

"Time to Power Pony up!" Matt smiled as he knew that voice belonged to his love.

"If only I could watch them fight!" He hated being stuck as a stallion next to him spraying him with the hairspray every few minute's didn't help either.

He could hear the fighting and could hear them winning "If only I could use my element's to their fullest!" He roared in his mind.

Then the sound of defeat entered his ear's as he could hear the hairspray being used on them.

"Dang it!" He cursed as he saw the six mare's being dragged in "Well, Let's hope Spike can help us, Or else were doomed." He sighed.

He heard the cage door open and saw the six be placed within the cage.

"Matt!? Thank Celestia ya'll right!" Applejack said as she was placed next to him.

"I'm glad you’re alright too." Matt chuckled as he was glad he could speak again.

"Congratulations, Power Ponies!" She said laughing "You shall live just long enough to see me fire... the instrument of your destruction!" She chuckled as she placed the orb into the slot and it began to power it "Once the Electro-Orb has powered it up completely, this cannon will amplify the power of my mane one million times, expelling an energy blast that will cause everypony in Maretropolis's mane to grow wild!" She laughed again as she slide down the ray "You will be my weapon's first victims, and there is nopony who can save you from this fate!" She laughed evilly as the ray pointed at them.

"Ahem. I don't mean to interrupt, but aren't you forgetting about somepony?" Fluttershy asked.

"Hum Drum? Little guy? No superpowers whatsoever?" She laughed "He's utterly useless!"

"Um, I have a question, I have short hair, Will it still affect me?" Matt asked raising his hand.

A timer went off and the stallion reading a newspaper walked over towards the hairspray and sprayed it freezing them in place.

"Puh-lease. Everypony knows you just keep him around because you She said in a condescending tone "feel sowwy for him. Wah. Wah." She rolled her eyes "And yes, Your hair will be affected by it."

Matt felt his element's at work as they slowly cutting through the chains above them.

"Maybe in your world. But in our world, Spike— uh, Hum Drum always comes through when we need him! Always!" Twilight said knowing full well Spike would save the day.

Everypony agreed.

The Mane-iac laughed "I see dementia must be a side-effect of prolonged exposure to the Hairspray Ray of Doom." She turned towards the other stallion's in the room "Tonight, we stand upon the brink of immortality, for we collectively – though, mostly me – have finally defeated our most hated nemeses! We have hurled the brush of badness into the now fearful face of, “She laughed “Goodness, and have struck a blow for freedom in the name of oppression! And nothing will stop us!" She laughed as she made her way towards the controls.

"You say it's like it's a bad thing." Matt said "Do you think we like fighting you all the time, Day after day?"

This made the Mane-iac looked towards the Captain "What do you mean?"

"I mean, you want to control the world because, Hey! it’s fun but whenever we try to stop you, You call us the bad guy because we're just trying to protect those who can't fight." He could feel the chain's cutting "But then, would it still be fun ruling the world with no one to fight you?"

"Yes!" Then a noise could be heard from below and she watched as her stallion's swept away.

The timer went off and the stallion went to hit the hairspray when Spike flew in and kicked him in the face knocking him over in which knocked him into it knocking it down and freezing the stallion's below.

"Way to go Spike!" Twilight held as she felt herself become free.

Matt stopped cutting the chain's above and was glad plan B had worked.

Rarity cut a hole in the cage allowed them to exit.

One by one they jumped out of the cage.

"Rematch!" Matt heard the voice and sighed as Redfire stood in front of him.

"That’s Redfire! He's the toughest dragon in the world!" Spike said his eyes going wide.

"Says who? I hit him over the head with a steel pipe and he fell." Matt said pulling his shield out from the machine.

The dragon roared and Matt jumped back as the claw's smashed into the ground.

"I will not fall for another one of your trick's Captain!" He yelled rushing towards him.

Matt tossed his shield nailing the dragon in the face sending him flyin backwards. Matt jumped into the air and caught his shield as he landed on his feet as the dragon rubbed his jaw as he got back to his feet "I would stay down If I was you."

"You hurt a teensy, little, harmless firefly?! Really?! Well you're just a great, big, meanie!" Matt and Redfire both looked to see Fluttershy becoming very angry as her voice began to become deeper "There! I said it! What makes you think you're so special?! Like the rules of common courtesy don't apply to you?!" Her voice got even deeper as she began to change making both Matt and Redfire eyes go even wider "Why don't you pick on somepony your own size?!" She let out a powerful roar making everypony in the room froze in place.

The Mane-iac began to panic as she started up her ray and fired it at Fluttershy only to have it shot back at her sending her flying off her ray and onto the ground as Fluttershy jumped onto the ray and began to smash it.

"You still wish to fight me?" He asked looking at Redfire who looked back at Matt and took off running with his tail between his legs.

Matt heard the Mane-iac laughed as her mane wrapped around her.

"Talk about your bad hair day." Matt said feeling sorry for the mare.

"Once again, the day is saved by—" Spike's words were cut off as they were sucked through another portal.

"Here we go again!" Matt yelled as they were sucked through.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They all flew out of the book and they all cheered as they were glad to be back home and to be able to have some fun in the comic book.

"Did you see how I was raining down a storm of justice at the end there?!" Dash said still excited.

"You catch how I was wieldin' that lasso?" Applejack said.

"Cupcakes’?" Pinkie Pie asked holding up a tray of yummy cupcakes.

"How did yo-" Rarity's words were cut off as Pinkie Spoke.

"Eh, we had a good half second before we got sucked back out of the comic, and the Maretropolis bakery was only sixty-five blocks away!" She said grinning.

"I'm just glad to be back." Spike said sitting down on a pillow.

"We wouldn't have made it without you, Spike. And I hope you realize that just because we don't always need your help, it doesn't mean that we don't think you're helpful." Twilight said with a smile.

"And that you don't have to have superpowers to be a super friend." Spike said smiling.

Everypony agreed.

"But I do have one question. Where exactly did you get that comic book?" Twilight asked.

"This one I got in Canterlot at the House of Enchanted Comics." They all looked at each other then back at Spike "Well, I didn't know it meant they were literally enchanted!"

They all giggled and chuckled as they walked away from Spike.

"I thought it just meant, like, the comics they sold there had really enchanting storylines!" Spike said as he watched them walk away "Hey, wait up! I'm an important part of this team, remember?!" Spike said chasing after them.

The book opened up and Matt was flung out of the book as he landed on his flank as he was still wearing his Captain Equestria suit along with another costume next to him and the gear from them "Where did they go?" Matt thought as he turned his head to see the comic book disappeared in a flash of light "Please tell me they didn't just get taken away!?"

"Matt! Are ya all right!?" He heard the voice and was glad to hear it.

"Yeah! Coming!" He yelled taking off to find his girlfriend.
----------------------------------------------Later That Night-------------------------------
Applejack giggled as she looked at the costume in the mirror.

"I like it, Make's you look cute." She heard the voice making her jump.

"Matt! Ah thought Ah told ya ta wait outside?" She said tapping her hoof on the ground as she glared at the stallion in front of her.

"I was, the door just magically opened on its own." He said stepping into the room. Applejack blushed as he was wearing his Captain Equestria costume as he walked over towards her "Mistress Mare-velous, its funny running into you here." He said walking towards her "I thought you would be saving the world?"

Applejack's blush deepened as he got closer "The world is already saved; But Ah heard ya needed help in protecting Ponyville?"

"Nah, I just said that to get you here." He said as he was inch's from her face "Have I ever told you how beautiful you look."

"Why, Mister Equestira, But wouldn't this be ageist the rules for two superhero's to date?" She asked feeling his warm breath just inches from ear.

"There's nothing in the rule book that says we can't hang out." He said in a whisper.

She could feel his cheek nuzzles hers as his lips found their way towards hers as she felt his lips touch's hers and the firework's went off.

"APPLEJACK! ARE YA WAKE!?" Applejack's eyes snapped open as she saw her sister standing on her bed.

She sighed as she couldn't believe her sister had just awoken her from the most amazing dream "Ah am now." She said kicking the cover's off her body.

"Good! Are ya ready ta help us load the wagon?" Apple Bloom asked jumping off the bed.

The orange mare blinked a few time's as she remembered what day it was.

"Right, Ah'm ready ta help ya load the wagon."

Today her family was heading down to Appleloosa for their State Fair's produce competition.

This was the first time in a long time that she would be left alone with Matt and her for one had plan's as to what they could do while the family is out of the house.

"A couple of weeks with Matt, This week is gonna be great." She quickly rushed down the stairs as she went to help them pack the wagon.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Be Continued.

Author's Note:

Hope you all enjoy! And Happy Birthday to iOptimumReaper. Hope you have a good one!