• Published 30th Jul 2013
  • 3,032 Views, 113 Comments

Welcome To Sweet Apple Acres - Phantom Writer



Applejack sits and waits for her true love to return to her. What she doesn't know is that her love is in the past with her parents. Can Matt get back home to be with the girl he loves or will he be stuck in the past?

  • ...
8
 113
 3,032

Chapter 7. Bed Time Story. Pinkie Promise.

Chapter 7. Bed Time Story. Pinkie Promise.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt made his way into the house just as the sun was beginning to fall.

"I've got dinner ready for you." Granny said setting down some hay fires and some soup.

"Thanks." Matt said as he sat down at the table "Big Mac already eat?"

"Yup, He's up stairs getting ready for bed." Granny sat down and notice Matt slowly eating his food. "What's wrong?"

"Just tired is all." Matt said looking at Granny.

"Ah would be tired too if i did all the farm work."

Matt took a sip his soup as he tried to stay awake and not fall asleep in his soup.

After he was done eating he told Granny he was going to go get a shower then go to bed.

Matt walked out of the shower feeling a lot better being clean. He made his way to his room when he heard tiny hoof sounds making his way towards him.

He looked to see Big Mac holding his blanket as he came walking out of his parents room. Matt could see he had a nightmare from the way he was holding his blanket and the fact he was in his parents room.

"You okay Big Mac?" Matt asked making Big Mac jump.

"Y-Yeah... I'm fine!" He said.

"Are you sure?"

Matt saw a tear roll down his eyes as he looked back into the room "I had a nightmare."

"Everypony has nightmares." Matt said walking up to him "How about we get you back to your room and i'll read you a story?"

Big Mac nodded as Matt helped Big Mac back to his room and back to bed.

"Alright, Now before i read you a story how about you tell me about this nightmare of yours?" Matt asked taking a seat next to Big Mac's bed.

"Well, Ah was outside in the field helping Dad and something big came out of the woods and chased after us and it got him! It dragged him down into the woods as it came after me, Ah ran and Ah ran but it got me." Matt could see the fear in his eyes.

"The nightmare you saw was only a dream, Next time remember your in control. You can make the nightmare go away with one thought." Matt said as Big Mac looked at Matt "I use to have nightmares all the time till i learned i can control them and make them go away."

"How did ya fight them off?"

"I would thinking of me as a hero and would save the world. That's how i fight my nightmares."

"Mind if ah borrow that?"

"You can." Matt said as he walked over to the bookshelf as he looked for a good book for them to read.

"Can ya read me the story Beauty and the Beast?"

Matt looked back at Mac kinda surprise he would want to hear that story but then it reminded him how he watched Beauty and the Beast when he was a kid. "Alright."

He took the book out of the shelf and made his way back to the bed as he began to read him the story.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Granny Smith walked through the halls as the morning sun slowly began to rise as she made her way towards Big Mac room.

She looked inside to see Matt sound asleep with a book on his chest as Big Mac was sound asleep.

"Awe. He read Mac a book." She walked over to Matt and tapping him "Wakie wakie."

Matt eyes slowly opened and he saw Granny Smith looking at him "Huh? Oh Granny... What are you doing in my room?"

"Ya fell asleep in Big Mac's room."

Matt looked around as he notice he wasn't in his room "Oh, I must have fallen asleep while reading to Big Mac." Matt took the book off his chest as he placed it on the night stand "Well, I better go get my day started."

He made his way out of the room as Granny Smith made her way down stairs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Three Day's Later.

Matt was fixing the fence as he heard a wagon.

He looked to see Yellow Gala pulling the wagon as he saw Honey Blossom holding her little bundle of joy.

"Hey Matt!" Yellow said as they stopped right in next to him.

"Hey, You guys are back early."

"Yeah, Honey really wanted to come home."

"Ah was getting tired of eating hospital food."

Matt chuckled "Things never change." Matt thought about the time he was in the hospital and nearly died from eating there nasty food.

Yellow told Matt he would be right back to help him out, He just need to help the miss's back to the house.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Applejack slowly made her way into town as she watched everypony go about there business.

She made her way into sugarcube corner as she sat at a table waiting for Pinkie Pie to finish up with her orders so she could help her put together her new bed she bought.

She notice a couple sitting at a table as they both shared a milkshake.

She looked away "Ah gotta get my mind on something else." She watched as Pinkie Pie came running down the stairs "Oh there you are!"

"Morning to you too Pinkie." She said as she watched Pinkie Pie bounced towards her.

"Are you ya ready to help me put together my new bed!?"

"Yup." She said as she followed Pinkie Pie up the stairs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt brought back the tools he was using back to the barn.

He saw Yellow walking out if the barn with Big Mac by his side.

"Oh, Ya done already?"

"I just finished putting the last board up and now i just have to put the tools away." Matt said as he walked up to the two.

"Oh, Well ah was going to come and help ya out but since ya done ah can take Big Mac to the park."

"You two have fun!' Matt said as he watched the two make there way into town.

Matt placed the last of the tools away.

"Matt?" Matt looked behind him to see Cheerilee "Oh, There you are!"

"Hey Cheerilee, What brings you by?" Matt asked.

"I came by to see if you were busy?" She said.

"Your in luck, I just finished my chores for today."

Cheerilee smiled "That's good, Me and Cindy are going to go swimming. Want to join us?"

"I could use a good swim."

Matt followed Cheerilee.

Matt took off running and jumped as he flew down into the water splashing Cheerilee and Cindy.

"I give that a ten!" Cheerilee said.

"You got my mane all wet." Cindy wined.

"Sorry, I didn't think it would have been that big of a splash." Matt said floating in the water.

"It's alright." Cindy said as she sat in her chair trying to soak up the sun.

Cheerilee ran into the water and splashed Matt "Bet i can hold my breath longer then you!"

"I'd like to see you try!" Matt said diving under the water.

Cheerilee dived under the water as they both tried to hold there breath.

Matt couldn't hold on any longer as he made his way back to the surface.

"I won!" Cheerilee said.

Matt rolled his eyes as they both notice a sleeping Cindy "I see Cindy is a sleep."

"She was up late last night talking with some of her friends about boys again." Cheerilee said sounding a little annoyed.

"Sounds like you don't like it when she talks about boys."

"I don't mind it... It's just she's always talking about boys!'

Matt chuckled "I would have thought you would be thinking about boys too?"

She blushed "I'm not the type that likes to talk about boys all the time."

"But you do think about them."

"Some times yes..." She lowered her head.

"What's wrong?"

"I-It's you... I think about."

Matt eyes went wide "Y-You have been thinking about me?"

"Y-yes... Ever since you've helped me with my ex you have been on my mind."

"I'm flattered that you like me but i don't feel the same way."

"I-I know i you don't like me like that but i thought you should know so... Things don't get weird or i scare you off."

Matt placed a hoof under her chin making her look at him "I don't mind you having a crush on me and i wouldn't let that get between us. I'm your friend and your mine." He said with a smile.

"You would still be my friend even though you know i have a crush on you?"

"Yes, Believe it or not i had a friend who had a huge crush on me, I turned her down and she thought i was never going to want to speak with her again but i told her no matter what i would still be there for her. I've kept that promise and i promise you that i won't stop being your friend."

She smiled "Thank you Matt."

"Wait. I gotta make the Pinkie Promise."

"Pinkie Promise?"

"You'll find out someday but for now just let me do this." Matt took a deep breath "I cross my heart hope to fly stick a cupcake in my eye." Matt made the promise.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pinkie Pie stood straight up.

"Are ya okay Pinkie?"

"Somepony just made a Pinkie Promise!" Pinkie said rushing over to her table and pulling out a book as she wrote down in a piece of paper.

"Who made the Pinkie Promise?"

"I don't know! I just know the promise was made to Cheerilee!" Pinkie Pie closed her book as she looked at Applejack "Let's finish making this bed!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt walked down the path back to his home as he saw the sun slowly fading as the moon was slowly making it's way up to the sky.

Matt smiled as he saw Yellow and Big Mac still outside playing while Honey sat in a chair rocking back and forth holding baby Applejack "It's nice to be home."

He sat down next to Honey as she rocked back and forth "How was your day Matt?"

"It was good." He said looking at her with a smile "How was your day?"

"We took these two to the park and had a nice picnic. And we also saw you swimming with Cheerilee and Cindy, Well mostly Cheerilee."

Matt blushed "They wanted me to go swimming with them and Cindy wanted to work on a tan." Matt said "I don't even know how a pony can tan when they have fur." Matt thought to himself.

"So you and Cheerilee must be getting a long just nicely."

"We are, She's a very nice pony."

"Thinking about courting her?" Honey asked with a sly smile. Little Applejack kicked a little making honey look down at her child.

"N-No, I have a mare that i'm courting."

"Oh? What's her name?"

"I don't really remember what her name was, I was just a little colt when we met and we were very close till she moved. I've been searching for her." Matt said making sure his story was right as the one he told Cheerilee.

"Oh, Well i hope you find this mare, She's a very lucky one."

Matt looked at the little Applejack as she smiled at Matt "I'm the lucky one."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Be Continued.

Author's Note:

Well i'm going to be gone for a week and i won't be able to write. I hope this holds you all over till i return.