• Published 30th Jul 2013
  • 3,032 Views, 113 Comments

Welcome To Sweet Apple Acres - Phantom Writer



Applejack sits and waits for her true love to return to her. What she doesn't know is that her love is in the past with her parents. Can Matt get back home to be with the girl he loves or will he be stuck in the past?

  • ...
8
 113
 3,032

Chapter 22. Sam, Vision.

Chapter 22. Sam, Vision.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pain, that's all Matt could think of as he had Rarity's suit cases on his back as he tried to make his way towards the train station.

"Note to self; never let Rarity ask you for a small favor." He could feel his spine wanting to snap in half as the weight of the suit cases were digging into his back.

"Come on Matthew, Just a few more feet!" Rarity said with a smile as all she had to carry was a small little bag.

"Easy for you to say, you don't have your house on your back!" Matt kept his anger locked away as he knew if he yelled at her he wouldn't feel better.

They came to a stop as Rarity tossed her bag on top of the pile making Matt eyes go wide as the weight crushed him and he was buried under the suit cases.

"Be a dear and please help me carry a few of my things, I promise I'll make it up to you." He quoted her as he just laid there "My Celestia have mercy on her soul. For I, Matthew, will have my revenge!"

He felt one of the suit cases move as he saw Spike eyes meet his "Hey, Mind digging me out?"

"On it."

-------------------------------------------------After Being Dug out----------------------------------------------------

"Are ya sure you don't want ta go?" Applejack asked Matt as she watched him crack his back.

"I'm sure, Besides, Someone's gotta take care of the farm while you're gone." He said with a smile "And Sam's been bugging me about hanging out with her."

"Well, Try and stay out of trouble."

"I'll try but you know me, my middle name is danger."

She giggled "Ya such a dork."

"I'm your dork." She pulled him into a kiss as the group went awe.

"Alright, Let's cut this mushy stuff and get going." Rainbow said wanting to gag.

"Awe come on Dashie! You know it's cute!" Pinkie said.

The two pulled away from each other "I'll see you when you get back." He said giving her a kiss on the cheek "Have fun now!" He said to them as they all boarded the train.

They all waved as the train pulled out "Hopefully they'll be fine." Once the train was out of sight he made his way back towards the farm.

He looked over the land as a smile came across his face.

"Hey Matt, you won't believe what I found!" He turned his head to see Sam trotting down the path way with a saddle bag on her back.

"What did you find?" He asked as she stood next to him.

"I found these cool looking rocks." She said pulling the rocks out and Matt looked at them as he looked back at her "I-Is something wrong?"

"These rocks look pretty cool." He said "Are you going to start a rock collection?"

"Maybe, I mean what else can somepony like me do?"

"Lots of things, you're in a world full of things for you to do. You can even open up a flower shop and sell flowers to hungry ponies." He said trying to cheer her up "Hey, How about since I've got nothing better to do till Applejack gets back, I help you find something to do that makes you happy." He said with a smile.

"You're going to do something for me?"

"I did lots of things for you; Why not continue to help my friend?"

"You think of me as a friend?" She asked confused as to why he would think that.

"Of course! I've always thought of you as a friend, when I brought you home and took you in, I didn't just buy you so I could have a horse, I bought you because I knew you needed a home and a friend." She could see his eyes sparkle as she saw him getting lost in his memory's "It was a tough road to get you to trust me and when you did, You showed me just how awesome and amazing you are Sam, You've been through so much, And I wanted you to know not all human's aren't mean, You ran off and I didn't even come after you because I knew you would return. And you did."

She giggled "Yeah, Took you months to finally get me to trust you. Then you kept being so nice and always sneaking me snacks or allowing me to help you when working." He watched as a smile came across her face "Then when you wanted to ride me and I fought you on the saddle and you finally had enough and just jumped onto my back and we rode off into the night."

"Then you warmed up to the saddle, then when Applejack wanted to try and ride you I had to have a long talk to you about not bucking her off."

She giggled again "Yeah, It's a shame I couldn't talk back." She said her smile growing "I remember all the time's we would go out to that spot on the hill and you would tell me about your mother and how kind she was... Then you would drift off and you would fall asleep and I would lay next to you.. I guess that was the first time I really thought of you as a special human."

This brought a smile to his face "Well; now you can talk, we can get to know each other a lot better now." This made her smile.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt was covered in mud as he chuckled.

"That was FUN!" Sam said wiping the mud from her face.

"It was." Matt noticed the Celestia's sun going down "But I think we better head back before it gets too late."

"Awe, do we have too?" Her smile turned into a frown.

"Yes, we can continue our adventure tomorrow." He said shaking the mud off his body "And I need to do some chores before bed anyways."

Sam sighed as she shook the mud off her as she slowly followed Matt "Come on, don't be sad." He said looking at her as they walked "Tomorrow is a whole new day and a lot more can happen."

She sighed "I know but," She looked away from as she stared at the grown "I've never had this much fun before."

"Neither have I, But we need to get back rest and then we'll be able to do so much more." He said as she looked at him "You have me for three days, we'll do anything you want."

This brought her smile back "That's good to know."

"I'll walk you over to Twilight's place and then I'll head back home." He said as they made their way towards Ponyville "So... How's it living with a princess?" Matt asked.

"Tired sum, She keep's asking me about our world and keep's asking me why in our world we don't speak, she's driving me up the wall!" Matt watched as she looked to be getting angry "But that dragon has been keeping me from attacking her, He's pretty cool, Reminds me a little of you."

"Yeah, Applejack told me she can get a bit carried away, just tell her how you feel and I'm sure she'll stop the questing." He said as they came to the tree in the middle of Ponyville.

"I'll think about it, I'll see you tomorrow then." She said not really wanting to leave.

"Yeah, Bright and early." He said with a smile "Night Sam."

"Night Matt." She watched as he left as she walked into the empty home.

She looked around the dark library as she notices the book's Twilight was reading.

She looked at the book as it showed Twilight's name under two other names "W-Why couldn't I have been born here." She flipped the page and read through the names.

She doesn't have any clear memories of her mother nor father. All her life she's lived with other horses who never really were family. The only clear memory of her mother was the day she was born and how she helped her walk and play till she was taken away from her and taken some where far away.

A tear ran down her cheek as it hit the page.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next morning Matt stood outside Twilight's library as he waited for Sam to awake from her slumber.

The door opened and Sam came walking out of library as she smiled "Morning Matt! Ready to start our day together?"

"Yup!" He said with a smile "Let's go over to sugar cube corner so we can get some breakfast and then we'll go do whatever you want."

The two made their way towards Sugar cube corner.

The two sat across from each other as the they ordered their meal's "I don't get this whole cutie mark is all about, it's just some marking on your flank." Sam said still trying to wrap her hoofs around the idea.

"Well, here it's all about who you're going to be or something, I faded out when Twilight was telling me and I just got bored fast." He said "She just goes on and on and on." He rolled his eyes "But I can't really blame her since she's just trying to explain things, she just goes into... Detail."

"Doesn't that just drive you crazy?"

Matt chuckled "No, My mother was like that." He said remembering the times his mother would explain to him her three bean chill in full detail "Yet, If Twilight is bothering you, Maybe it would be wise for you to move back in with the apple family?"

"No, staying there just didn't feel right." She said as they walked.

"Well, Then let's find you a job and maybe we can find you a place to rent out till you can find some place you want to go?"

"And why should I get a job?" Sam asked raising an eye brow.

"Well, You don't want to just be living off a princess now... do you?" He asked.

"You're living off Applejack."

Matt rolled his eyes "I've got a job working on the farm, I get paid bits." He said "And besides, you're going to need bits if you're wanting to buy stuff or go out and enjoy time with your friend."

"I hate it when you're right." She said sighing.

"If you want, Big Mac needs some help." He said.

"What would I be doing?"

"Mostly helping him out around the farm, you might have to help load some wagons or tend to the animals; it's a good job if you want it."

Sam sat there for a moment as she thought about it. She then blushed at the idea of working alongside the red stallion "I-I'll take it. Will I be able to work alongside you at times?"

"Yeah, it's part of the job." He said chuckling.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With Celestia's sun lowering and Luna's moon rising, Matt and Sam were walking down the dirt path that lead back into Ponyville.

"I'll make sure Big Mac knows you're coming by to help out tomorrow and I'll make sure you're alright." He said making her smile "Make sure your here arou-" Matt felt a sharp pain rush through his body as he fell to the ground and his mind fell into darkness. The last thing he heard was Sam panicking.

"Darkness spreads across the land, pony magic gone from the land. The box holds the key, but at a price it will be. A fight will come, dark vs light, but which side wins, only fate can say." Matt heard a voice say, the voice sounded familiar as the he saw the land before him turned to ash as a figure stood on top of a hill.

He could see it as an alicorn laughing as the ponies below were chained and being forced to work.

"Darkness always wins when Light fails, but hope lives on in the hearts of mares." Matt could see the love of his life chained and trapped inside a tower "But love needs two or more in order to grow. What will you chose in the coming battle? War or Love?" He watched as himself stood with his keyblade in hand "But know you cannot do this alone, the elements of light shall shine bright... if you can find them in time."

He watched as the land changed and Apple Bloom stood in front of him "One element has been found, three still remain. One element will be shown its path soon, but the other two need you to help find those who are worthy, in time and other worlds."

Matt blinked a few times as he saw Apple Bloom fade away and a stallion with a blue mane and purple, he was a unicorn and seemed a bit sad "Burning Heart, a stallion who needs your help in order to find his passion. He can be located at the castle with the two alicorn sister's." Then the stallion faded away and there stood Sam, his friend "You already know all about her, so I shall make this short, her element is waiting for her mind and heart to become one. Help her find her place."

Matt could feel the darkness overcome him as he tried to fight "You have once tasted the darkness, only love freed you from its darkness. You Matthew are very special." That's when he felt something touch his cheek "I knew that from the moment you were born." His eyes went wide as he saw his mother standing before him with a smile on her face "I love my son, go and protect her and the world." He felt his body being pulled away from him "When you see your sister, tell her I said I'm proud of her."

Matt head was pounding, he slowly opened his eyes to see Sam trying everything she knew to wake him "Come on! WAKE UP!" She yelled smacking him across the face.

Matt let out a painful moan as he grabbed his cheek "Why did you hit me!" He said feeling his jaw to make sure it wasn't broken.

"You wouldn't wake up! I got worried!" She said, Matt notices the tears falling down her cheek.

"Sorry about that, I hadn't had much to eat today." He said getting back onto his hoofs; he knew he could tell her what he saw.

"Are you sure? I don't want you doing that again." She said wiping the tears away from her cheek.

"Yes, I promise you I'm not going to pass out again." He said giving her a warm smile "Let's get you back home, it's getting late." He said.

The two made their way down the path way leaving Matt in deep thought.

A woman stood watching the two ponies walk down the dirt pathway "If only I could tell you the truth Matthew, the truth of who I truly am." The women faded away.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A hooded figure fell to the ground. The rain was pouring down as the figure just stood there.

"Look at you my old friend, no magic, no energy." The hooded figure looked around trying to find the source of the voice "You have been alone for so long, your escape took so much out of you."

"W-Who's there?" The hooded figure asked still searching for the voice.

"Your mind is broken, I shall fix that." The hooded figure stood as he felt a power flow through his body "Go forth and begin your attack on this pitiful ponies!" The hooded figure smiled.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Be Continued.

Author's Note:

I have been gone for two weeks and only got to write a little bit of this story, I got to watch one of the new episodes last night when I got home. So I felt like posting this chapter as I plan on doing a longer chapter. Plus my birthday was yesterday, so I felt like posting this as a gift for you all and for myself. Enjoy!

Comments ( 11 )

This is my favorite story ever keep up the good work. And Happy Birthday

Still good. I love it. Happy belated birthday

Comment posted by Sea_Swirl deleted Aug 7th, 2014

this is the best story ever!!!!!! :pinkiehappy: and also the first one let me tell you, I usually HATE first person P.O.V but I could stop reading your story because it was so awesome! keep going lie your work!

this story is amazing i like the originality of the elements of light thing, i'm looking forward to more


100% bishop approved




stay classy :moustache:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make more. You might find this weird or not of what I'm about to say. In the later chapters, will you put when Applejack wants to have "fun" with matt. I feel weird saying this. But sooner or later Matt and Applejack are gonna do it. And I have a feeling it would be Applejack that starts it.

Also I LOVE the storyline. It took me like 5-8 hours to read both stories. It was totally worth it.

5146555

I'm glad you like it and I'm trying my hardest to make more chapters but I plan on working on one story at a time, so right now Love and Slavery will be the story I'll focus on then I'll be working on Prince Blaze Sparkle then I'll be working on Welcome To Sweet Apple Acres after that.

When will you update

7874594 Don't worry, there will be more when I find the time.

Login or register to comment