• Published 30th Jul 2013
  • 3,031 Views, 113 Comments

Welcome To Sweet Apple Acres - Phantom Writer



Applejack sits and waits for her true love to return to her. What she doesn't know is that her love is in the past with her parents. Can Matt get back home to be with the girl he loves or will he be stuck in the past?

  • ...
8
 113
 3,031

Chapter 17. Princess Twilight Sparkle Part 2.

Edited by Cartoonfan20.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 17. Princess Twilight Sparkle Part 2.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nightmare Moon laughed as she blasted the walls and ceiling.

Matt quickly pushed Twilight out of the way just as the ceiling came falling down.

Matt and Twilight looked up to see Princess Celestia standing there as she looked at her sister.

Celestia then took to her air as Nightmare Moon fired her magic at her as it missed her and hit the ceiling. Celestia landed back down to the ground as she stared at her sister.

Twilight got in front of Celestia as she looked at Nightmare "Luna! Think of how long you were banished to the moon! You'll give us no choice but to send you back there if you don't stop!" She said.

"Luna, I will not fight you!" Celestai said "You must lower the moon! It is your duty!" Celestia said hoping her sister would stop.

"Luna? I am... Nightmare Moon!" Twilight's eyes went wide "I have but one royal duty now," She said glaring at her sister "To destroy you!" She fired her magic towards her sister.

Celestia took off to the hole in the ceiling "And where do you think you're going?" Nightmare said taking off after her.

Twilight took off after them as she took to the sky "And I can't fly."

"Guess I won't have to turn Luna to the dark after all." He heard a voice making him turn around to see a shadow shaped like a human "It's a pity; I was looking forwards to seeing what made her tick."

"You won't lay a hand on her or anypony else Dark!"

Matt looked behind the shadow human and saw Night Fire standing there. He notices she was a lot older and she had other ponies with her. Each one was a dark figure as he couldn't make out who they were but knew they were the other elements. He notice a dragon standing next to Night Fire as his eyes went wide.

"Night Fire, Traveling through time? Didn't you say that was forbidden?" Dark said turning towards the group.

"That's before we learned you plan on turning every pony in the future into darkness!" She yelled.

"Tell me, how much energy did you use coming through the time rift?" He asked as he raised his hands and sent them flying "A lot I see."

They all got back to their feet as their elements began to go "Today it end's Dark!" There came a bright light that engulf him. When the light faded Dark still stood.

He held his side as some of the darkness leaked out through his body "You may have wounded me, But I have wounded you as well!" He ripped open a portal in time and jumped through it as the other's chased after him.

The portal closed leaving a very confused Matt behind to wonder what he just saw when he heard a scream and a thud behind him as he turned to see Celestia on the ground as Twilight quickly landed to the ground.

A rage grew inside Matt as he heard Nightmare Moon laugh.

Twilight had tears in her eyes "No... Why would Luna do this? Why now?" She said as tears ran down her face. She closed her eyes. Then Celestia stood onto her hoofs "You're all right! Princess Celestia?" Twilight notice how sadden she looked.

"Oh, Dear sister. I am sorry, but you have given me no choice but to use these." She looked behind her and used her magic on the floor as rumbling and clanking could be heard.

Then there sitting on the stone stand was the elements of harmony "Are those the Elements of Harmony? But that's how they looked in... The past." Twilight watched as Celestia flew towards the elements and used her magic to lift them up "This is the night you banished her."

Celestia flew up into the sky as she used the elements to send her sister to the moon.

Matt saw the mare shape face on the moon as he knew this was the darkness doing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt's eyes stopped glowing as he shook his head as he looked over at Twilight who shook her head "Why are you all looking at me like that?" She asked.

"It's just... you were mumblin' to yourself..." Applejack said looking towards Matt.

Pinkie Pie jumped in "Ooh! And don't forget the uncontrollable sobbing!" She said.

"We were really worried about you." Fluttershy said.

Discord came out nowhere as he sat on a vine "I for one found it delightful. Sort of a one-pony theater piece, if you will." He then pulled out a piece of paper as he held a picture of Twilight crying like a baby "You should really consider taking it on the road." He said.

"Did you find out whose rump we need to kick and where we can find them?" Rainbow Dash asked hovering in the air.

"I saw something from a long time ago. But it didn't explain what's happening now." Twilight said.

"I saw the same thing." Matt said looking at her "It may not have helped you, But it helped me."

They all looked at him "What do ya mean?" Applejack asked.

"Towards the end of the memory, I saw Night Fire and the other elements of Light injurer a figure called Dark." He said "As to why I saw this is a mystery."

"Perhaps farther back still are the answers you seek. Another sip of the potion will give you a peek." Zecora said.

"Great, Other trip to the past, At least this time I know I'm coming back." Matt said.

"You sure about this?" Spike asked.

Twilight looked at her friends as she knew what she needed to do "Just one thing." She looked at Matt "How are you even seeing these?"

Matt blinked then felt something take control over his body "The elements of Light are connected to Alicorns, Whatever you see Matt will see as well." Matt then shook his head "Okay... That was weird."

"W-What happened?" Twilight asked.

"I think Night Fire took control there and spoke." He said shaking off the feeling of being used.

Twilight used her magic to pick up the bottle and gulped down some more of the potion.

Discord popped in front of the other's with a video camera as he stated filming "Oh, I do hope they breaks into a song this time!" He said.

Matt and Twilight's eyes began to glow.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt looked around as he notice fish floating through the air "Okay, Talk about fly fishing." He said as he looked towards Twilight who was walking towards Discord who sat on his thorn eating whatever as the two sister's Princess made their way towards him.

Matt walked over towards Twilight as they watched the show.

"Oh, this is so much fun. How about a game of 'Pin the Tail on the Pony'?" He asked as he held a rainbow tail that sparkled.

Matt chuckled "What's so funny?" Twilight asked looking at Matt.

"It's funny seeing Celestia with one rainbow mane." He said. Twilight rolled her eyes as Celestia's eyes went wide as she notice her tail missing.

"Play time is over for you, Discord." Celestia said standing tall with her sister by her side.

"Oh, I doubt that." He said munching on whatever he was sacking on "Hungry?" He asked as the black little things fell down to the ground as the sister's just stared at him "Suit yourselves.” He continued to eat as Celestia used her magic to open her saddle bag up and pull out some gems as Luna did the same.

Discord saw this "Oh! What have you got there?" He asked.

"The Elements of Harmony." Celestia said as they began to spin.

"With them, we shall defeat you." Luna said as the created a shield around them as they spun around them as Discord started laughing.

"This must be when they turned Discord into stone." Twilight said as she watched.

"Oh, I remember Applejack telling me about this." Matt said "They used the elements to imprison him in stone."

"You should see yourselves right now!" He said laughing "The expressions on your face. So intense. So sure of yourselves" He said laughing as Luna and Celestia placed their horns together as they used their magic to power the elements of Harmony "Hilarious!" Was the last words he said as he turned to stone.

"Well, that was anticlimactic." Matt said "I would have thought he would have put up more of a fight." Matt said as they soon were taken somewhere else.

"Wow." Matt said looking at the tree in front of him.

"The Tree of Harmony." Luna said in awe as her and Celestia walked towards the tree.

"The Tree of Harmony?" Twilight looked at the tree and noticed the markings on it and her eyes went wide "My cutie mark."
Celestia flew up towards the tree and used her magic to open the star.

"Are you sure?" Luna asked flying up towards her sister.

"We have managed to discover the only means by which we can defeat Discord and free the citizens of Equestria." She said using her magic to remove the gems from the tree "Even without these elements, the Tree of Harmony will possess a powerful magic."
She said as the gems surround them "As long as that magic remains, it will continue to control and contain all that grows here." They turned as the gems continued you float around them.

Twilight's eyes began to glow as Matt noticed her disappear.

"Twilight? Please tell me you're still here with me." He said looking at the spot she was at before she disappeared.

Matt notice a portal open as he saw a brown figure flew out making him wonder what just happen when he was sucked back into reality.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He blinked as he shook his head. He notice them all staring at him "Do I have something on my face?" He asked.

"No, Ya just took longer ta come back then Twilight?" Applejack said worried.

"Oh, Well, I guess it was a delay or something, I really didn't see anything important." Matt said knowing the portal he saw open must have been one of the elements being sent to the sister's to help them.

"Are ya sure?" Applejack asked.

"Yes, No need to worry." He said looking at them all.

"So what did you find out?" Spike asked looking at Twilight.

"I still don't know what's happened to Princess Luna and Princess Celestia, but I think I know why the Everfree Forest is acting this way." She as she looked at her friends "Something's happened to the Tree of Harmony."

They all looked at each other confused then back at Twilight "The tree of what now?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"It's where Princess Celestia and Princess Luna found the Elements. I think it's in danger." She said worried.

"Well, all right then! Let's go save a... tree. Uh... where is it exactly?" Applejack asked.

"I think it's in... there." Twilight said pointing towards the forest.

"Ooh-hoo! I'm going to need more popcorn!" Discord said waving his popcorn box.

Matt walked over towards the forest "Well, Might as well just go through and get this over with."

"Ah don't think so!" Applejack said pulling Matt back towards the town "Ya still injured."

Matt broke free from Applejack grip as he stood his ground "My ribs may still be healing but I can still go into a dark creepy forest with vines coming out of it!" He said "Besides! You're going to need me to help you out if Darkfire decided to attack."

Applejack stared at him as she hated when he was right "Ya stayin and that's final!" She said slamming her hoof down.

"I'm going! If you want to stop me you might as well lock me in a jail cell! I'm not going to allow you or your friends go in there without me! I'm the only one here who can make sure you're safe from Darkfire!"

Applejack sighed 'Fine, but ya stayin' close ta me the whole time."

Matt smiled "Deal."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They all stood at the entry way to the forest as they watched the vines move about the trees.

"Seems like only yesterday we were heading into these woods to find the Elements of Harmony." Rarity said looking at her friends.

"Seems like only yesterday I was foolish enough to think I should go after them on my own." She said walking into the forest with her friends close behind "I don't know what we're going to face in there. But whatever it is, I know we need to face it together." They all nodded.

"Well, I hate to ruin this moment but I'm the only one that didn't go on this first journey." He said making them all chuckle.

As they walked they came to a swamp pond with rocks leading to the other side.

"We can use those to cross." She said jumping on the rocks only to have them move and soon it moved up as she noticed what she was standing on. It sent Twilight towards the group as it roared.

Matt blinked as he couldn't believe what he was looking at.

"A cragadile! Run for your lives!" Rarity said as she took off running as the rest did the same.

Spike and Twilight ran towards a stump and was stuck as the cragadile came towards her.

Twilight tried to fly as she jumped only to fall back down to the ground as it got ready to bite her when it was pulled back.

She opened her eyes to see her friends pulling it back with the vines. They all tied the cragadile to some trees as they all looked at Twilight "That was close." Twilight said.

Applejack sighed "A little too close, if you ask me." She said walking up towards Twilight "You sure you're all right?"

"I'm fine." She said "I just can't seem to get these new wings to do what I want them to do when I want them to do it." She said looking at her wings.

"Aw, you'll figure it out eventually." Rainbow Dash said with a smile.

"Eventually isn't soon enough." Twilight said walking back towards the path.

"You have been having an awful lot of trouble with those things." Applejack said as they walked down the path "And, well, who knows what else is gonna to come after us?" They all stopped behind Applejack as she continued to talk "You know maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea for Twilight to go back to Ponyville and let us look for the Tree of Harmony without her." She said.

"What?" She asked glaring at Applejack "Why?"

"For starters," She pointed at Twilight "You just about got eaten by a cragadilly".

"We all did. He wasn't after just me." She said looking away.

"Sure, but... Well, the rest of us aren't princesses.“ Applejack said making Twilight look at them.

"What's that got to do with anything?" She asked a little mad.

"Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are gone." She said worried "If something happened to you, A-Ah just don't think Equestria can risk losing another princess."

"Applejack does make a valid point." Rarity said cutting in "Even if we manage to save the Tree of Harmony, it won't necessarily mean Princess Celestia and Princess Luna will return." She made her way next to Applejack "Equestria will need somepony to lead in their absence."

"But the Tree of Harmony! I'm the only one who has seen it and knows what it looks like." Twilight said looking at her friends.

Matt slowly stepped back hoping they would forget about him seeing it as well "Huge tree, cutie marks on the trunk, probably being attacked by something hideously awful? Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll know it when we see it." Rainbow said.

Twilight felt tears well up in her eyes "All of you feel this way? Feel like I shouldn't be here?"

"It is probably for the best." Fluttershy said.

Twilight felt sadden as she walked pass her friends and back down the path towards town. Spike caught up with her as the left.

Matt just stared at them and couldn't believe they made their friend go back to town "Alright, Let's go find this tree!" Rainbow said as they walked back down the path.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt followed the group down the path as he notice Rainbow Dash looked tired.

"Anypony else starting to think this is a lost cause? We're almost at Celestia and Luna's old castle. Maybe whatever Twilight saw when she took that crazy potion wasn't real. Maybe there is no Tree of Harmony. Maybe–" She was cut off by Applejack who stopped in her tracks as she pointed.

"Maybe it's right down there." She said as they walked towards the edge of the cliff to see the vines going inside the cave.

"It can't be!" Rainbow Dash said.

"How are we supposed to get to it?" Rarity asked.

"Whoa! Oof! Ugh!" They all looked down to see Pinkie Pie lying on the ground near the stairs "Take the stairs, Silly!"

The all walked down the stairs and into the cave as they came to the tree.

"Yup, That's it." Matt said as he notice the vines wrapped around it.

"I think it's dying!" Fluttershy said worried.

"So let's save it already!" She said attacking the vines.

It sent her flying back onto her flank "Nice try." She took off towards her tree only to be sent flying "Heh- Whoa! Oof!" She landed hard onto the ground.

"A valiant effort on both your parts, but the tree remains in jeopardy." Rarity said walking up towards Applejack.

"And I suppose you've got a better idea?" Applejack asked looking at her, Rarity thought about then looked back as she had no idea what to do "That's what Ah thought."

"I know who would know what to do." Fluttershy said lowering her head "But we sent her home." They all looked sad as they stood there.

"It was your idea, Applejack!" Rainbow yelled out of know where at Applejack.

"We all agreed it was the best thing, Rainbow Dash! We were tryin' to protect her." She said getting into Rainbow's face.

They heard some noises and they all saw Spike landing onto the ground.

They all rushed over towards him as he looked at them "Twilight! Trouble! Help!" He said as he closed his eyes.

"You girls go save her; I'll see what I can do about these vines." He said transforming into his human self. He held his keyblade in his hand.

They rushed out of there as he rushed towards the vines "Say goodbye!" He yelled as he jumped into the air only to be sent flying backwards, He landed onto his feet as he huffed "Strong aren't we? Well then." He fired some fire at the vines but they were no good as he stood there "Great, Not even fire hur-" Matt notice the fines were shaking where the fire once was and he smiled "Alright, Let's do this agai-" He was cut off as vines wrapped around his body holding him in place "I should have really stayed in bed today."

Matt sat there for a little while as he notice the girls walking back.

"Hey, Mind helping me down?" He asked making them all look up at him.

"Ah take it, it didn't work?" She asked.

"Yeah, But fire does seem to harm it." He said as he felt the vines loosen their grip on him as he fell to the ground "Okay, Maybe they were just warning me."

Twilight flew up to the tree as she looked at the tree and saw how grey it looked. She went to touch it when the vines reached out and grabbed her. She quickly pulled away blasting it with magic cutting the vines as she heard a voice "Even without these elements, the Tree of Harmony will possess a powerful magic. As long as that magic remains, it will continue to control and contain all that grows here." As she heard Celestia's voice.

She flew back towards her friends as she looked at them I know how we can save the tree. We have to give it the Elements of Harmony." She said to them.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, heh. How are we supposed to protect Equestria?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"How are we meant to rein Discord in if we can't use the Elements to turn him back to stone?" Rarity asked.

Applejack walked up towards Twilight "Twilight... The Elements of Harmony... They're what keep us connected no matter what." She said.

"You're right about one thing, Applejack. The Elements of Harmony did bring us together. But it isn't the Elements that will keep us connected. It's our friendship. And it's more important and more powerful than any magic. My new role in Equestria may mean I have to take on new responsibilities, and our friendships may be tested, but it will never, ever be broken. There's no time to lose.

Everypony ready?" She asked as she noticed her friends line up with smiles on their faces.

She took off into the air as she floated.

"Ready!" They all yelled.

Twilight used her magic to pull each one of the elements out of the necklaces and bring them towards her they began to spin around her.

The vines around the tree flew at her wrapping around her trapping her.

One of the vines went to wrap around her element when she used her magic to pull it away sending them all towards the tree as the vine continued to wrap around her.

Each element began to glow as the tree's life began to return.

There came a bright light that blinked them for a moment as the vines were destroyed as the tree shined bright.

Twilight landed onto the ground with her friends as she smiled as she knew they had just saved the day.

The vines under the tree were destroyed and Princess Luna and Princess Celestia were standing where the vines were.

They walked towards the group with smiles on their faces. Twilight ran up towards the two and pulled them into a hug and they hugged back "We know how difficult it must have been for you to give up the Elements. It took great courage to relinquish them."

They all smiled as the stood "Um.. Guys, I hate to ruin this moment but the tree is acting funny." Matt said as he notice Twilight's eyes sparkle which made him blinked.

Twilight walked towards the tree as the two princesses’ looked at Twilight as she walked towards the tree.

The lights from each element ran through the tree hitting the sun and the moon as it ran through the roots as a flower grew out of it.
Twilight touches the closed flower and it opened shining blinding her as it opened. When it fully opened they all saw a box inside the flower with six key slots "What's inside it?" Twilight asked looking at Celestia "How am I supposed to open it?" She looked towards Luna.
"Six locks, six keys." Luna said.
"I do not know where they are. But I do know that it is a mystery you will not be solving alone." Celestia said walking away.

Matt walked towards the box as he held his key blade towards it "Let's see if this wou-" The box sent him flying backwards "Okay, Bad idea." He said getting off the ground.

Matt changed back to his pony form as they giggled "Ya better not have broken something." Applejack said walking over towards Matt.

"Just my pride." He said chuckling as he walked up to Applejack side.

"Let's get out of here." Rainbow said.

They all nodded as they walked up the stairs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt was glad to be out of that forest as he saw town just ahead.

Party horns went off as Discord popped out of know where "Bravo, ladies, bravo! How ever did you save the day this time? Blast the beastie with your magic necklaces, I presume?" Discord turned into a cowboy and sat on Applejack's back as he lifted her mane as he looked for the elements "Where are those little trinkets of yours? You know, the ones you use to send me back to my extremely uncomfortable stone prison?" He asked.

"Gone." Applejack said sighing.

Matt used his tail to flick Discord as he poofed into a new spot "Gone? Gone?" He now had a look of evil on his face as he was ready to plot his new plan.

"But our friendship remains" She got right into Discords face giving him the stare "And if you want to remain friends," He slowly began to shrink as she spoke "You'll stop thinking whatever it is you're thinking and help us clean up."

He poofed into a French maids outfit "Fine. But I don't do windows." He said.

"One thing Ah don’t get." Applejack said as they walked "Why did all this happen now?"

"I have no idea. Those seeds I planted should have sprouted up ages ago." Discord said puzzled.

"What did you say!?" Twilight asked angry.

"Oh, why should I try to explain it when you can see for yourself?" He said turning around and bring back the potion Zecora had.

Twilight used her magic to gulp down as her eyes began to glow.

Matt's eyes began to glow "Here we go again." He sighed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Play time is over for you, Discord!" Celestia said.

"Oh, I doubt that." He said munching his food "Hungry?"

Discord began to speak as the two over heard what he had to say "Well, obviously things didn't go according to my original plan. My plunder seeds should have stolen the magic from the Tree of Harmony and captured Princess Celestia and Princess Luna thousands of moons ago. Alas, it seems the tree had enough magic to keep the seeds from growing up big and strong. Until now, that is."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Their eyes turned back to normal as Matt rubbed his eyes.

"You realize this is information we could have used hours ago?!" She said angry at Discord.

"And rob you of a valuable lesson about being princess? What kind of friend do you think I am?" He said pulling her cheek.

"Well, At least he helped... Somewhat." Matt said as they walked down the path.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt stood next to Applejack as she leaned on him as they watched as Princess Celestia and Princess Luna came walking on stage "Citizens of Equestria, it is no longer with a heavy heart but with great joy that I raise the summer sun. For this celebration now represents not the defeat of Nightmare Moon, but the return of my sister, Princess Luna." Everypony cheered.

"Go Luna!" Matt yelled making some of the ponies look at him as Applejack chuckled.

Luna flew up as she floated as he used her magic to lower the moon as Celestia raised the moon.

Just as the two were slowly side by side, Twilight took off towards the sky as she used her magic to create her cutie mare as it lite the whole sky.

Everypony were in awe as they saw this.

The two sister's landed next to each other as Twilight landed and the two smiled as they looked towards and they smiled making Twilight smile.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt stood in front of the tree as he looked at the box in front of him.

"Whatever is in this box... I hope it's something to protect this world." He transformed into his human self as he brought back out his keyblade "So, You going to come out of hiding?"

There was a chuckled as a dark figure came walking out and Matt knew it was Darkfire.

"My master has a message for you." He said "He is stopping this battle for a while."

"Why? Is he chicken to fight me?"

"No, He wants a fair fight." He said walking towards Matt "With the elements stuck here, My master doesn't want to fight just yet, He wants the battle to last."

"And you're just going to back off?"

"No, We will still interfere, Only when our master says so." He said walking back towards the stairs "Oh, One last thing." Darkfire said looking towards him "You might want to watch you're back, I'm still out for blood." He then faded away.

Matt looked back at the tree and sighed "Guess I’m out of the woods... For now."

Matt noticed a light pop up next to him making him look to see a small little gem "A gift?" He said out loud as he picked it up.

"Time gem." He heard a voice making him blink "Time gem?"

He placed the gem into his pocket "Thanks." He said as he left.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The darkness watched as his six girls were sleeping as Darkfire relaxed on a stone.

"So, we wait now?" Darkfire asked.

"You all will wait, but I will be working." The darkness said.

"Why?"

"That box, I want it and I will have it." He said "The magic within that box is powerful. We will interfere once in a while to keep Matt on his toes as we help them find these keys and unlock the box." Darkfire looked at the evil ponies as they slept "When the time is right, I will use them to take the places of their counter parts and open the box and get my prize that will help me bring darkness to their realm!" The voice laughed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt laid on the lumpy couch as he his mind went back to what had happened.

"You know what you'll have to do." He heard Night Fire say in his head.

"I know, but... How? They have to find six keys in order to unlock this box." He said as he sighed.

"The Darkness is planning something and you know you're needed to stop it." She said.

"I know, which means I'm going to be dragged into a journey I wish was done with already." He said as he closed his eyes.

"At least you'll be with Applejack." She said.

Matt smiled as he was glad to know that.

"Ya still awake?" He heard Applejack's voice which made him sit up to see her standing at the edge if the couch.

"Yeah." He said with a smile "I thought you would be in bed?"

Then he heard the thunder and saw her flitch "Oh." He pulled his blanket allowing her to crawl in with him.

He felt her wrap his hoofs around his waist as he closed his eyes as he held her.

"Keep me safe." She said as she squeezed him tight as she heard the thunder.

"I'll always keep you safe." He said kissing her forehead.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Be Continued.

Author's Note:

I really want to thank Edited by Cartoonfan20. for his help. Anyways, Enjoy! :pinkiehappy: