• Published 29th Jul 2013
  • 676 Views, 9 Comments

The Pony Game Show - DarkDarsi



7 OC's and a variety of cast take up the challenge to become The Pony Game Show Master, and with the title win 20 thousand bits.

  • ...
 9
 676

Nightmare Night Special

The Pony Game Show
Episode 3
Nightmare Night Special


Docks


“Hello once again to THE PONY GAME SHOW! I'm Dragonscribemaster and last episode saw the contestants trying to out prank each other, ending with the Mane 6 winning while the Angry Antagonist are now facing elimination. Let's go see them now.”
Dragonscribe walks over to where the team were waiting,


“Can we get on with this. The Great And Powerful Trixie has other places that require her brilliance”
“What the cabin? I don't think that dump will improve with just 'your brilliance’ ”Gilda exclaims adding the gestures to match.
So before any more slurs towards his faculties, Dragonscribe began to speak.
“Yes well we will be getting on with the elimination now. Those of you who I call out are safe and will stay in the game”

Flim interrupts saying,
“Yes, yes, we all know what goes on”

Flam following up with,
“And since we all know, can it please happen sooner”

“And if you would all stop talking it might” Dragonscribe rebuts calmly.

The team makes no more noise.
“Thank you, now then, Trixie”

Trixie walks over to designated area,

“Gilda”

Gilda joins her,

“Fido and Slick”

The Diamond dogs leader and the slimmer one joins then,

“Flam”

Flam gives his brother a smile, getting one in return, before walking over to the rest of the group.

“And now, since I feel like being annoying and don't like teams precision planning eliminations, Flim your safe too”

After a few moments, the entire team shouts in disbelief,
“WHAT!”

Dragon just smiles and nods for the interns to wheel Big-Dog from the island. Literally, the AA were that shocked they all stop moving, so they had to get a hoof-trolleys to move them back to their cabins.




The Next Morning In The Mess Hall:


Angry Antagonist Table:


“How dare he! The Great and Powerful Trixie despises that colt very much! How dare he mess with the plans” whined, well, you know, Trixie.
“Is he even allowed to do that? Just pick someone to kick off the island?” Gilda complained.
“How did he know that we had made precise plans?” Flim asks the table.
“Well, he does have cameras everywhere around the island” answered his brother.
The two remaining Diamond Dogs just sat, pouting, and poking at their breakfasts.



Mane 6 Table:



The Mane 6 where just sitting, eating and talking about what the challenge could be, when Pinkie gasped really loudly, gaining her teams attention
“You OK Pinkie?” Rainbow Dash asks, being the one sitting furthest away and not copping and earful of noise.
Pinkie replies, loudly,
“Of course I'm OK Dashie. I just realised what tonight is!”
Rarity, now without buzzing ears, questions,
“And what is it about tonight that is so important that you must have given such an... Energetic... response to realising it?”
“IT’S NIGHTMARE NIGHT” PIKIE PIE YE... (Sorry)... Pinkie Pie yells at the top of her lungs.
A quiet “Oh dear” followed from Fluttershy.



The Background Brigade Table:



Everypony was eating in silence until a load outburst from Pinkie disrupted them, Derpy, Vinyl, Bon-Bon and Carrot Top started discussing their fond memories of Nightmare Night, while the Doctor and Octavia started talking about some other topic.



The OC Outcast Table



Blackwing was busy talking with Denys and Flashing about the other teams and ways to hinder them during challenges and Jex was busy laughing at the way Jamie pronounced some words, his laughing was ignored however, as Jamie was concentrating on trying to get Creative Rainbow to stop pestering him about his past. All talking (and laughter) was stopped by a sudden holler from the Mane 6's table,
“IT'S NIGHTMARE NIGHT!”
ALL THE...

(-_-)

… all the OC's looked at each other momentarily before starting to go back to what they were doing.

But just as everypony were getting comfortable again, Jamie turns to Creative and asks,
“What the blazes is Nightmare Night?”


General Mess Hall

Every jaw in the room dropped. Even the Diamond Dogs were taken back by the question.

“You don’t know what Nightmare Night is?” Bishop asks, still shocked.

“Nah”

“How can you not know what Nightmare Night is?” Pinkie asks as if Nightmare Night was the most obvious thing in Equestria.
“I’m an Aussie, we don’t celebrate some of the things you lot do”
“But, But, It’s Nightmare Night, It’s the most dark and scary night of the year, and all the candy and games, and, and, and” Pinkie stammers while looking at Jamie with wide eyes.
“Oh yes, Nightmare Night how could I forget.” Jamie lies, apparently convincingly enough that Pinkie calms down (calm by Pinkie Pie standards at least) and went back to her breakfast.
Jamie gave a shrug and also went back to eating. Everypony else soon joined them.




Outside The Mess Hall

Dragonscribe was waiting for the contestants on his box.
When they had gathered in there groups he started,
“Now as you know, tonight is Nightmare Night and as such you will be required to wear a costume in the challenge. The interns have put them on your designated bed back at your cabins Once you’re all dressed, head up to the Mane 6’s camp, you’ll receive the rest of your instructions there.”
He hops off his box as the teams head back to their campsites, exchanging unsure or excited glances.




The Angry Antagonist Camp Cabin A

As Trixie and Gilda walk into the cabin they shared, they looked at their beds, then at each other, then back to the beds.
“No way! Why do I have to be one of them?” Gilda screeches, although not very loudly.
“Hmm, The Greatly Confused Trixie also questions her costume. Although, Trixie can make a fool of herself to embarrass Twilight Sparkle”



The Angry Antagonist Camp Cabin B

Flim and Flam have already gotten in their costumes and are now just looking at each other laughing at the attempts the costume makers had made to fit the characters to the pony who would wear them.
The Diamond Dogs however were not so egger to wear their costumes, so much so that they actually destroyed them.





Background Brigades Cabin A

Vinyl was helping BonBon with her make-up while Octavia helped The Doctor into the various pieces of his costume and Carrot Top was keeping Derpy from ripping her costume on anything.



OC Outcasts Cabin B

Jex, Denys and Flashing were sitting around in their costumes and talking while they waited for Bishop to finish helping Blackwing with his clunky costume.



OC Outcasts Cabin A

Jamie was making adjustments to his head piece with a blow torch (he got it from Jex. Don’t ask), and Creative Rainbow was standing by ready to use a safety spell should anything go wrong, not that Jamie thought anything would.



Mane 6 Cabin A

“Umm, I’m not too sure this costume is appropriate” Twilight says while examining herself in a mirror.
“Don’t worry egg-head, it’ll be fine, besides, you’ll pull her off fine” Rainbow reassured her.
“Yeah Twi! All the rest of us fit our costume fine, and so will you!” Pinkie added.
“Yes darling you’ll be fine. Now Applejack dear, please stop moving about, I can’t get the costume on” Rarity says as she fiddled with Applejacks costume.

A Few Minutes Later


Eveypony had finished getting into their costumes and were all starting too rendezvoused at the Mane 6’s cabin.
We see Applejack dressed as a Scarecrow, Rainbow Dash as a Wonderbolt, Pinkie is dressed up like chicken, Rarity looks like a witch, with Fluttershy in a squirrel costume. Then we see why Twilight was so worried, she has to pull off Princess Luna.

The Background Brigade are the first team to arrive from leaving their camp, there costumes are as follow:
BonBon is a Snowmare,
The Doctor, The White Knight,
Carrot Top, a Vampire (what she looked like in the Nightmare Night Ep, only with fangs)
Vinyl And Octavia are dressed up as each other, well, each other’s stage selves anyway (DJ Pon3 And Fancy looking bow tie and collar)
And Derpy is wearing paper bags for a costume.(Saxton Haaaaaaaaaaaaale!)


The Angry Antagonist arrive and everypony has to take a moment to figure out who Flim and Flam are.
“Ha, if you have to ask which one of us is which you really are shallow minded” says Flim who is dressed up as Flam.
“Yes, seriously, I've got an obviously fake muzzle to hide MY moustache, while my brother has an obviously fake moustache”

We see Trixie trot over to Twilight and taunt her,
“Ahh, There you are sister! (Various Flirtatious Things Which I’m Not Allowed To Say In This Rating)”
She laughs and walks away from an astounded Twi-Luna.


Finally the OC Outcast arrive,
Their first few aren’t very original
Creative Rainbow is dressed as a Fluffy animal, but as she is hiding behind, at least who we assume is, Jamie so it's had to tell what animal she is.
Blackwing Arcanum seems to be opposition for The Docter, as he is dressed as The Black Knight,
Denys is dressed as a Ukrainian soldier,
Bishop is dressed as a bishop (The religious type, not the chess type, that’s his Cutiemark).
A bit more original is Flashing Lights in a Dragonscribe costume. (Available now at all good costume retailers, also look out for our camera man costumes, coming soon!)
And then we have Jex…
(They decided to make reference to the Zap apple challenge, and so,)
Jex is…
Well, Jex is dress as a bomb…
(Moving on)
Finally we have Jamie. He has a rough, red brown coat over his whole body and a bucket with a hole cut out of it for his eyes.

While the everypony chatted among themselves, Gilda looks over Jamie and asks,
“What are you supposed to be?”

“Ned Kelly, Infamous Bushranger and Hero. He was an outlaw, but the law was very corrupt back then.”

Pinkie pops out of nowhere,
“But why is a baddie a hero? Isn’t that what good guys are? Wait, us six are heros! What if we’re baddies too!? Oh no! Twilight can’t be Celestia student if she’s a baddie! And Rainbow Dash can’t join the Wonderbolts if she’s got a record! And Rarity would never get into the Canterlot fashion business if she’s bad! And what’ll happen to Sweet Apple Acers if Applejack is in jail! And Fluttershys creatures won’t go to her if she’s evil! And Me! Nopony would ever come to my parties!”

Both Gilda and Jamie reply to her rant,
“Pinkie Pie. Stop.”

“Aw, Ok”


After a while, there is the sound of a box being pushed through the dirt,
“Hurry up you two! I’m late going to be too late to introduce the challenge.”
“We’re trying Mister Dragonscribe”

The contestants look over to see Dragonscribe, on his box, and the box being pushed by Snips and Snails.
Once he was in position, he cleared his throat and began to explain,
“The first part of today’s challenge is an island wide trick or treat; you must get as much candy as possible and get back to the mess hall. The candies are hidd…”
Dragonscribe is interrupted by everything going dark, and a menacing laughter ringing out…

“What is the meaning of this!?” Dragonscribe yells into the darkness,
The laughing starts again and we lose sight of him,
“Wha-AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”
He goes silent, and when the darkness recedes, we see he has been turned to stone, as the darkness continues to draw back we find out who turned him:

“NIGHTMARE MOON!” shout the Mane 6 and a few of the others,
“How is this possible!? Even the Great And Powerful Trixie knows you were defeated, Luna returned and found we now love her night as much as the day, you cannot be here” Trixie states, taking a step back,
“You are brave to speak, especially dress as that ‘Sister’ of mine, and since you are, you’re next”
Trixe tries to dodge, but fails to do so and also gets turned to stone,
“Quick girls, The Eleme…”
Before Twilight can finish her sentace she is turned to stone as well,
“Now for the rest of you Elements of Harmony”
Nightmare Moon fires another spell, but before it can hit them, it is intercepted by the Doctor,
Or would have been had Blackwing not thrown Jamie’s ‘Helmet’ into its course,
“GUN TORE BIT!” Denys didn’t need to be translated as everypony scattered and run from the scene.




CHALLENGE BEGINS NOW!



As Applejack run through the trees she thought of her family and what would happen if she was caught and turned to stone, she remembered that Applebloom was on the island and skidded to a halt, eyes wide in shock she turned and ran towards where the interns were kept.
When she got close she ran right into something hard and cold, she stumbles back a bit and looks up towards what she run into,
She gasps when she sees the familiar form of Rarity, her eyes wide in terror, mouth agape, and looking towards…


...Pinkie Pie, face first in the ground a root still caught her leg, one hoof up pointing towards...


…Rainbow Dash, frozen mid-flight, held up by a pillar of rock, a face of determination as she fly towards…


…The CMC, all three backed into a corner, Sweetie Belle was on the floor cowering in the back, Applebloom one hoof over her eyes, the other steading herself on the wall, while Scootaloo stood spread wide, protecting her friends.

She hears Nightmare land behind her,
“You’re a monster. They were just little fillies.”
“And they will stay little fillies forever now, as you and your friends will stay young beautiful mares”
And with that, only Fluttershy is left of the Mane 6.



Cave In The Mountain


The Angry Antagonists had regrouped and were now hiding in the back of a cave made by the two remaining Diamond Dogs,
“What the buck is going on! Who was that bucking maniac and why did she turn Trixe and that dweep to stone!” Gilda Semi-yells at her team,
“That was Princess Luna’s bad side” Flim stated, fake moustache removed,
“Nightmare moon, she was only defeated by the Elements of Harmony" Flam, his fake facial feature also removed, continued.
The Dogs just sat cowering.


Mouth Of The Cave


Nightmare Moon looked into the cave, heard the sounds of the remaining 'Angry Antagonist' and smirked,
“This may be easier than I thought”
She fires her spell and the entire cave lights up, a few shocked gasp being cut short as the occupants of the cave are all turned to statues.



West Beach



The Doctor was currently leading Derpy and Carrot Top towards a rocky outcrop,
“Doctor!? What are we coming out into the open for!? Won’t Nightmare Moon be able to see us?” Carrot Top yells at the Doctor,
“Don’t worry Miss Top, I managed to get something onto the island that will help in this situation” The Doc replies,
“Now it’s just around these rocks”
He stops and gasps,
“NO! Impossible! She froze her! How!?”
In front of them is a strange box, now stone.
“Doctor! It’s stone, how can the TARDIS be stone?” Derpy asks
“I-i-i- don’t know, but that means she’s been here. We must leave. NOW!”
They both turn around to find Carrot Top has been turned to stone,
“Carrot Top NOOOOO!” Derpy yells as the Doctor backs away, bumping right into Nightmare Moon.
“Hello there Doctor, As you can see, I got to your little blue box before you did. And now you shall suffer the same fate”
“Oh dear…” Is all he can get out before he is frozen.
Derpy manages to get away while Nightmare was distracted.

She gets back into the forest and starts making her way back to their campsite, hoping to hide under her bed there.



Elimination Fire Pit



Blackwing, Flashing and Denys had found their way to the elimination area and had stopped to catch their breath,
“We must find a way to stop Nightmare Moon, or at least warn Canterlot that she has somehow come back”
“Gut he chant, he want mow tear he tar kin variation moo le crest dove Toxemia fund grieving cliff he amid he calve row dorm fornication kith femme, debt prone fretting moo Camelot, fund vow tar he repose moo mop fir, lonely le Experiments dove Disharmony nan kite? (But we can't, we don't know where we are in relation to the rest of Equesrtia and even if we did, we have no form of communication with them, let alone getting to Canterlot, and how are we supposed to stop her, only the Elements of Harmony can right?)”
“Kite who tar Resistor Boyko, stood light (Right you are Mister Boyko, good night)” She taunted with his own speech pattern, before turning him to stone
Flashing fires a few bolts of magic which Nightmare easily dodges, she is on the other side of the fire pit and Blackwing shoots the ground causing the hot coals to fly towards Nightmare distracting her long enough for them to get away.



That Random Orchid From The First Episode


Vinyl and Octavia had found themselves laying in a tangled mess of limbs in a ditch beside an orchid when they heard some other ponies nearby,

“There is no possible way Nightmare Moon is back”

“But Bish, She was there, we saw her and if she wasn’t actually there she couldn’t have turned the others to stone”

“I know Jex. I’m just trying to figure out HOW she is back”

They get themselves out of their tangle and looking out of the ditch, confirming that it was other contestants, and not a trick by Nightmare Moon.

“Oh thank Celestia! Other ponies” Octavia says as she gets further out of the ditch

“Hey guys, Mind if we join you? It’ll be harder for NMM to get us if we’re in a group” Vinyl joins them in the trees.

“That’s a good idea, if there’s more of us, we can keep a better eye, or eyes in this case, out”

“Although you weren’t been keeping them open now were you?”
“Oh Buck”
“Vinyl language”
“You’re worried about her language when we’re about to be turned to stone”
“Kaboom”
“What?”
“I believe he said ‘Kaboom’”(Octi)
“What?”
“You know, Kaboom, like, the sound of an explosion”(Vinyl)
“And he said that, why?”
“Because, my dear team mate here, is dressed as a bomb”
Bishop turns and whispers to Tavi and Vinyl,
“I think it would be best if we jump back into that ditch”
They do so just as Jex started to shake making a 'Fsssss' nosie while doing so, Nightmare Moon simple look at him, wondering what he was doing.
Soon however, Jex stopped completely.
He looked towards Nightmare, smiles menacingly and mutters;
“Kaboom”
There is then a bright light, and a great force, emanating outwards from Jex, pushing Nightmare away as well as a few trees, shaking others and blowing dust and dirt everywhere.
As the light fades, we see Jex standing in the middle of the crater he made, a wide grin plastered on his muzzle.
“Are you alright Jex?” Bishop ask walking up to his team mate.
Jex replies with a giggle, then turns his head to look at Bishop, his face turning serious and says,
“Leave me. Run”
Before collapsing, unconscious.
Bishop turns to the others,
“Right, run!”
He says galloping off at full speed, a few moments later Vinyl and Octavia join him.




Under Derpy’s Bed


Derpy, Fluttershy and Creative all lay huddled together, hoping they were properly hidden under the bed.



Outside the Background Brigades Cabin A



Blackwing and Flashing had managed to run into the others and they decided make their way to a cave on the side of the mountain Blackwing had spotted, however, when they had to go past some of the camps they found Nightmare Moon slowly walking towards Cabin A.
And by found I mean rushed round a corner and almost bumped straight into her.
“Ahh, Hello again you five, I was just on my way to turn the three mare inside, but since you’ve kindly presented yourself, and in formation, it’s too good an offer to pass up”
They started back peddling, Blackwing and Vinyl managed to get out the way but the others were not so lucky.
“Scratch! Get the others!” Blacking shouted before charging NM.
Vinyl promptly blasted the cabin door open and run in.


Blackwing charged again, Nightmare easily dodging, she turns and tries to charge her stone spell, but gets distracted by the magic bolt wising past her head,
“You will regret attacking me mortal!”




Inside the cabin



Since Vinyl didn't think her entrance through, she was currently having trouble getting the three mares under the bed to even listen to her, let alone actually leave the cabin.
“Look, I'm sorry for bursting in and scaring you, but we REALLY need to get outta here”
“And go where? This island’s only so big, and we can't get off it”
“You know what, if you don't come out willingly I'm just gonna have to drag you out”

“Fine, That's it! Magic time”
She uses her magic to grab a hold of Derpy's tail and drags her out into the open, next she drags out Fluttershy, but when she tried to get at Creative, her magic was cancelled out.
“Oh come on! That's unfair!”
Creative just whimpers and crawls further under, now her way wasn't obscured by the others.
Huffing Vinyl turns to the others,
“Fine, we'll leave her her, she can be turned to stone” she says before starting to head for the backdoor.
Fluttershy meekly follows, but Derpy takes a step towards the bed, before leaning down so she could see Creative's face.
“Please Miss Rainbow, please come with us, we don't want you to be alone”
Creative opens her eyes, and upon seeing the sad look and Ditzy's face, she smiles and says,
“Ok, I'll come with you, we won’t be alone”
Crawling out from under the bed, she and Derpy walk over to the door and left with the others.


Outside the cabin around the front



Nightmare Moon had finally managed to get a hit on Blackwing, making him stumble and stop.
“You may have the body of an Alicorn but you have none of one's power”
“Go to Tartarus”
Nightmare just scowls as she fires the spell, finally turning him to stone.


15 minutes later, outside the OC Outcasts Cabins



The group stops to catch their breaths.
“Ok girls, what’re we going to do, we can’t keep run forever” Vinyl asks
“We could try and find a way to reverse the spell”
“I don’t think we can do that C, NM is pretty powerful, I don’t think we have enough power to do that”
“Fine. Can I quickly go get something from inside my cabin?”
“Be Quick”
Creative nods and goes into her cabin, Depry turns to Vinyl and says,
“We can’t keep running Miss Scratch, she’ll find us”
“Too late”
“Buck”
“Vinyl!” Fluttershy says sternly,
“Well this seem familiar”
“Shudup” Vinyl shot a bolt of light at Nightmare, missing completely.
“Hmp. Let me show you how its done”
Her shot doesn't miss.
Derpy stands in front of Fluttershy.
“A brave but inevitably vain action Miss Hooves, Too bad you weren't there when I met your daughter” Nightmare taunts with an evil grin.
“MY LITTLE MUFFIN! NOOOOO” dERPY (…) Derpy exclaims falling to the ground, Fluttershy steps forward and trys to comfort the weeping mare.
“That was most definitely uncalled for. If apologising to her was anything close to making up, I would demand you do it immediately, however you can't undo the damage you've just done. Go on, just finish us already.”
Nightmare is taken aback for a moment, then, slightly hesitantly, and with sad look of resentment, she turns the pair to stone.


CHALLENGE ENDS NOW


“You may come out now Creative. You have won”

Creative creeps out of the cabin.
“Won?”
“The challenge”
“What?”
“You are the last contestant I detect on the island. All the rest are up there, safe”
She answers looking towards the sky.
“They’re actually dead?”
“No. Hold on. It may take a moment for the cloa...”
As she is saying this, a small airship appears above them.
As Creative stands gobsmacked, Nightmare asks,
“May I use your bathroom?”
“Yeah sure, go for it” comes the absent minded reply.



A Few Minutes Later



Luna walks out of the cabin to find Creative still staring up at the balloon.
“It's something we got from the Griffon Empire, Tia and I like this show so much we wanted to do a little something, and since it was nightmare night, we decided a prank was in order, it helped that Dragonscribe owed us for the timberwolf incident, so we devised this. Do you mind if I teleport us up?”
Creative just shook her head.


On The Airship


After a quick spell, Luna and Creative are up on the deck of the ship, the contestants a in various places, family holding each other, friends talking, a few ponies were still comforting Derpy, and the Angry Antagonist sitting in the corner sulking, mainly for having lost again.
Luna walks over to Derpy,
“Miss Hooves I apologise for what I said down there, but it was kinda true, if you had been with us when I met your daughter you probably would have also helped with the make-up. I should have thought that comment thru, it was a lot worse than I originally intended”
Derpy looks up at her,
“It's ok Princess, I know my little muffin is safe, that's all I care about, though I'm still a little sad, thinking about what would happen if I lost her”
“You won't, your too good a mum” Dinky pipes up, hugging her mother a little closer.



Dragonscribe climbs up unto the helm and clears his throat.
“Ok Contestants, that concludes our challenge today. We apologise for the scare, but hey, that's what Nightmare Nights about right?”
He get a bit of grumbled agreements
“Anyway, today winners are the OC Outcast, thanks to Creative outlasting everypony else, and the losers are the Angry Antagonist, have all their members disbanded first. Yeah, sucks to be them, once we land you'll have to head to the slightly messy elimination pit, thanks Blackwing”
“Also, those statues will either end up as prizes for something, you might get 'em, or if the princess has plans for them, they can take them” He finishes looking over everypony.


The camera changes to an east side island view, and the ending credits roll.

Author's Note:

This Is A Late/Early Halloween/Nightmare Night Special/Event.
It Has Take Me Half A Year To Write...


Hey, You Try Writing 23 Different Stories (Literally I Have 23) At Once And Getting A Special Event For A TV Show Out.


Cabin B Is For Males, A Is For Females.

Comments ( 3 )
Comment posted by Piece Bot deleted Nov 2nd, 2013
Comment posted by DarkDarsi deleted Nov 2nd, 2013
Comment posted by Piece Bot deleted Sep 6th, 2013
Login or register to comment