• Published 9th Jul 2013
  • 4,545 Views, 37 Comments

Promise Me - Feather Gem



“I don’t want to say goodbye.” “I know, sweetie. But promise me.”

  • ...
2
 37
 4,545

Twisted Alternate Ending

Discord glanced around at all of them, bewildered. Discord glanced around at all of them, bewildered.

“Let me remind you that this is only the beginning,” Celestia said. Discord turned his gaze to her. “This is the only friend you’ve had – or the only one you’ve truly accepted – so far. True, the first time you lose somepony is the worst, but that doesn’t mean that you won’t grieve more after Fluttershy. I’ve lost many friends in my lifetime and I’m the closest to your age. You are not alone.”

Discord had already taken her hoof.

Suddenly he swung her up into his arms. He tossed the limp, snow white alicorn over his shoulder and went over to Fluttershy’s coffin. He then swung Fluttershy’s still body over his other shoulder. He snapped his yellow eagle talon and thus, teleported them both away. He teleported the Princess of the Sun to her castle, and his best friend back to her cottage. The other ponies stared blankly into the air as Discord sighed.

Which Discord sighed? Why the one watching them all from above of course. I did!

Bored with these ponies – my puppets – I tossed the cross bars over my shoulder,.

When did I get so sappy? Suddenly, I had decided to stop all my little Discord’s chaotic fun – which I enjoy tremendously – and get the little guy a best friend. All of a sudden, I had twisted around my whole little world. I’d have to twist it back around to the appropriate place!
Honestly, how lonely could I absolutely be? I only controlled all these creatures, every single one of them. I had them all to play with! I could make them do anything, anything at all! They had no mind to control their own actions!
Lonely? As if! I’ve been this way since the beginning! What was I doing, making such a foolishly sentimental little story play out? I didn’t need a best friend! I didn’t need any friends! And if perhaps I did, then that little Discord down there could get one! Not me!
Ha! Lonely. Makes me laugh really! Me?! Lonely?!
I wasn’t…lonely.

Comments ( 15 )

Fantastic ending dude. All three of them!

It's nice how there was a moment where Discord in his grief, almost took it out on the world, until Fluttershy's horde of butterflies cheered him up a little. The realistic behavior of the characters made this all the more enjoyable.

I loved this story. It made me feel some serious emotion. Thank you for writing it.

You people are absolutely wonderful! :fluttercry:
I wasn't expecting such a reaction from my work!
(actually, I wasn't expecting any reaction!)

This alternate ending reminds me of Neil Patrick Harris in Dr. Horribles sing along blog. Where he ends up killing the girl of his dreams and instead of keeping his promise and doing good he goes all out evil and says he doesn't feel a single thing anymore. Anyways fantastic story. Quite the emotional rollercoaster.

I read the first ending, I cried.
I read the second ending, I smiled.
I read this ending.... and my brain exploded. :twilightoops:

4407490
Oh my gosh, it's you Cx
Thank you so much!

...Woah wut :pinkiegasp:

Comment posted by TheSunnyPony deleted Jul 26th, 2014

I think Discord turned insane after losing Fluttershy. Sunny would turn insane if her friends killed Nightcloud. SHE WOULD KILL EVERYONEEEE!:pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2:

No! Don't end there!
I mean, that ellipse before the last word makes a next chapter needed!
Even the freaking puppet master needs a friend!
Please...
I love this story! I love Fluttershy and Discord! I love the fact that you are making me cry! You've got talent! Use it wisely(like, in another chapter!?:scootangel:)

5464157

In this case, it is plutonic. Cx

5464177

xD Awh. I'm glad you like it so much. Unfortunately, this will be all I'm writing for this story!
Buuut, there is always my other story, Pull Me Through, which is almost-sorta-maybe a sequel to this story! Though, it is based on the original ending rather than the twisted one or the sad one.

:fluttercry::pinkiesad2::raritycry:
When I read it, I realized that tears fall from my eyes. And when I finished reading I just go to my bed, and hide myself under the coverlet. Even happy end of this story was soooo sad! :raritydespair:
I hate this story, and I love it... And this is your fault! You wrote something like that.... and... and...
Oh, thank you!

Ive read many fanfics from this site that have made me laugh, several that have saddened me, and many ive regret reading, but this one story alone is the only one ive encountered that has made me cry actual tears.

The first ending: onion ninjas.
Second: Smile (HD... jk, jk)
Third: AYO!

Login or register to comment