• Published 5th Jul 2013
  • 861 Views, 44 Comments

Sounding Light and Dark Dreams - Brony Brush



How will Equestria react to a user of Dark magic and a user of Light magic?

  • ...
2
 44
 861

Chapter 2: Blueblood’s reckoning

Chapter 2 Blueblood's Reckoning

By: Slayerbrony and Pen Brush

“What’s with all the walking today?” Basel whined quietly.


Clara sighed, “You’re used to walking, we always walk, why are you complaining about it now?” She asked.


“Because with all the light magic around me, my feet feel like they are on broken glass.” Basel said as he shifted from side to side for a moment. “Seriously, if I have to stay here any longer, I am going to snap. And I mean worse than usual.”


“Ok, you know that promise I made with you? If we find an asshole person here, you can mess with him, is that good enough for you?” Clara asked.


“let’s just hope it’s soon.” Basel said as he shifted again and continued to walk with Clara.


“I hope you're not planning anything.” Celestia said giving the two of them a stern stare as she before she resumed looking ahead.


“I am making sure he doesn't act stupid.” Clara said.


“I am going to be acting murderous if I don’t get some relief soon...” Basel muttered.


“I will have to tranquilize you with sound again, like in the orphanage...” Clara whispered to him.


“That was one time alright?” Basel said rolling his shoulders. “It’s easier to lose control when you haven’t eaten or killed in a while you know.”


Clara shook her head and looked in front of her, “I guess you're right.” She said.


“Twilight, did you have to bring such a... insane creature here?” Spike whispered to Twilight as he watched the insane dream weaver with caution from behind.


Twilight sighed and looked at Spike, “I didn’t pick what I brought. Celestia was right, I could have brought something worse.” She said.


“Well not to be mean, but she did warn you a lot.” Spike said.


“I know...” Twilight said sadly.


“I hope you two know that while you are residing in Equestria, you will follow it’s laws as you would your own.” Celestia said as she looked at Basel and Clara.


“Glad to.” Clara said smiling.


“I’ll try my best.” Basel stated as he looked from object to object in the room. They continued walking until Basel stopped and looking at a tall pale blue door standing lonely in the hallway they were in. His vision seemed transfixed on the door itself.


“What did you say about this world feeling all light magic?” Clara asked as she watched Basel.


“That it was almost completely pure light magic. But like every other element in the world.” Basel began as he walked over to the door and put a hand against it, brushing it over the wooden surface. “There is always going to be a opposite.”


“I don’t think you should go in there.” Clara said.


“I do not think you should do that.” Twilight said nervously as she watched Basel.


“Do what? I was merely going to give myself a small break to get my bearings.” Basel said as he simply leaned against the door. “I am not going to do anything drastic...” There was a brief pause before he let out a small chuckle. “Oh what the hell? I haven’t given Clara any grey hairs today!”


“I don’t have gray hairs.” Clara said.


“Oh, then I shall have to work harder then, won’t I?” Basel said smiling before he simply evaporated into a large cloud of coal black smoke and slipping through the cracks of the door. As the last of the smoke disappeared under the doorway, a small subtle click was heard from the otherside.


“What did he do!?” Twilight exclaimed as she tried to use her magic to open the door, but the door resisted.


“Turned into shadow and went into the room because he left dark magic.” Clara sighed, knowing trying to use her magic to open the door would be useless.


Twilight looked from Clara to the door, “Princess Luna doesn’t have dark magic!” She yelled.

__________________________________________________________________________


“Ah! This is so much better than being out there with all of that ‘pure’ magic.” Basel said as he stretched his limbs, relishing the feeling of not having his limbs feel like they were on fire. “More importantly, why is there simply a massive collection of black magic here?” He wondered as he looked around at the dark curtained room.


A midnight blue alicorn opened her eyes from her bed and looked around in the darkness, unsure why she was awoken, “Who has awoken me?” She asked.


“Someone is in here?” Basel asked as he spun in place to face the bed frame with a raised eyebrow.


“Somepony being the Princess of the night.” Luna said as she slid out of her bed and walked over to Basel, “What are you doing here?”


“Well.. Keeping what little sanity I have left is one thing.” Basel said as he held up a finger before putting up another. “The other being, I don’t quite like the feeling of being burned alive.”

“Is the sun too hot today?” Luna asked.


“The sun? Oh no silly pony!” Basel chuckled. “It’s the surrounding light magic that is painful. Too much of it and it starts to burn.”


“I cannot say I understand, but why does coming into my room unannounced help you?” Luna asked.


“Well, I didn’t know someone was in here. But this room has the only supply of black magic that I can sit in. Without it, I might have snapped sooner than expected.” Basel said giving a small smile.


Luna sighed, wondering why this pony was so odd, “I am happy that I could help you at least.” She said, trying to see if she could make out the pony in the dark.


“And I thank you! Don’t worry, I shall be gone in a moment. I just need a small break before I go out.” Basel said giving a small bow, whether she could see it or not.


“Despite this interruption of sleep, it was nice to meet you.” Luna said.


“Well, you are the first pony to not attack me, so I’d have to say the same.” Basel said as he looked around the dark room. “My name is Basel by the way. And I am sorry for interrupting your sleep.”


“It is fine, it is always nice to make a new friend, I am Luna.” Luna said, smiling in the darkness.


“Very nice too meet you as well, Miss Luna.” Basel said.


“If you would excuse me, I need my rest now.” Luna said.


“Of course, don’t let me keep you. If I know one thing, a good night's rest can help the mind in more ways than one.” Basel chuckled as he walked towards the door and stood next to it.


“I will see you some other time.” Luna said as she walked back to her bed and lied down, covering herself with the blankets.


“You most certainly will, I can assure you. Once you have seen me, you probably won’t forget.” Basel said as he rolled his shoulders, letting a few pops be heard.


“I probably won't.” Luna said as she closed her eyes. Basel quietly turned back into his inky black mist and slipped out of the room and into the light of the hallway, giving a small smirk as he reformed behind Twilight and tapped her on the shoulder.


“Hello!” He said in a cheery tone.


Twilight turned around quickly, “What did you do to Luna?!” She demanded as Clara, Spike, and Celestia looked at him. Basel gave a mock hurt gasp before putting a hand over his heart.


“You’d assume I’d hurt a lady!? You wound me!” Basel said dramatically.


“You said you had killed a maid.” Twilight said.


“That maid had a penis.” Basel said looking at Twilight.


“A stallion can be a maid?” Twilight asked.


“When he is short for money, why be job picky?” Basel said shrugging. “And more over, I did not harm the nice lady in the room. Merely rose her from her slumber.”


“Did you give her nightmares to do that again?” Clara asked.


Basel let out a small annoyed sigh and rubbed his temples. “No. I can interact with people without giving them horrid nightmares and hallucinations you know!... I just chose not too.”


“You are lucky you had not attempted something, Basel.” Celestia said with a powerful glare. “For I would not have been as lenient as I am now.”


“Jeez, is it so widely assumed that I am a murderous monster?” Basel asked holding up his hands. “I have been here not a day!”


“They did bring us here in the assumption you would be a dark monster.” Clara said.


“Ah...” Basel said tapping his chin. “I sense problems arising from that in the future.”


“Let us continue before we become more set back.” Celestia said as she began to walk down the hallway again. The small group of ponies and humans continued their trek down the hallway, passing many guards, maids, and other castle personnel. Before they knew it, they found themselves stopped by a certain white unicorn.


“Auntie Celestia, what horrible creatures are these!? I must protest this! First you make this common pony a new princess and then you bring in these horrendous creatures?” The pony complained as all the ponies, Celestia included, let out a small and almost unnoticeable groan.


“I think we found the asshole.” Clara whispered to Basel, whom was slightly biting his fingertips as he was trying not to snap at the moment.


“You think?” Basel asked, fidgeting slightly in place. He took in a deep breath before looking at Clara. “Permission to let go of my morals?”


“You don't have to ask me.” Clara said.


“Thank you.” he said before a sadistic grin follow his words. He rolled his neck for a moment to let several snaps and pops be heard through the hallway before he secretly began to go to work. His hands glowed with the blue fire again before he slowly began to sink into the floor, a large black puddle taking his place. It moved around between the pony's’ hooves before it surrounded the area around Blueblood’s ankles. Sadly, the only one to notice was a small purple drake.


“Uuuh. Twilight?” Spike said tapping her side nervously as he watched the amorphous puddle move around Blueblood’s ankles.


“Not now Spike.” Twilight said as she glared at Blueblood.


“I think you might want to see this... Kinda looks important...” Spike said as he poked her side a bit harder.


“What is it?” Twilight asked as she looked down at Spike. The only response she got was a shaky claw being pointed directly under Blueblood.


“And just what are you pointing at you little-” Blueblood began before he looked down and saw the black puddle below him. “Who has spilt ink onto the flo-!”


Before he could finish his sentence, the puddle of liquid shot up, forming a large black void like cylinder around Blueblood, sealing him away from Celestia and the others. Inside of the cylinder, the poor white Unicorn was on the verge of having a panic attack. He was flailing about trying to escape, pounding on the walls of the cylinder and shooting very weak beams of magic at it. He only stopped as he heard a very calm and sinister voice whispered from everywhere and nowhere.


“Is there a problem?” The voice asked in an almost hushed tone. “You don’t look like you like the dark.”


That was as he felt the feeling of something grabbing him by his ankles and pulling him up so he was dangling by his hindlegs. Blueblood’s eyes were everywhere at the moment, trying to see what was grabbing him and speaking to him. He felt something grab him by the muzzle and pull his head towards the wall where a set of terrifying blue eyes laid.


“You think of me and my companion, not to mention only friend, are ‘Creatures’ do you?” The voice said as the hand let go of his muzzle and flicked his nose. “Tch, tch, tch. So rude. Do you want to know what I am, exactly?” The voice asked in almost a sadistic and pleased tone. “No? Well I’d have to say that is too bad. You are going to see it anyway.”


Before Blueblood could protest or even breath a set of limbs wrapped themselves around his legs and grabbed his face, prying his eyes open and keeping them as such. “You see, I am not just a being of nightmares as you see.”


A cloudy image appeared of a simple deer standing in the middle of a meadow. The image was serene, nothing could be wrong until the image rushed forward and Blueblood watched through a monster’s eyes as it tore into the deer with a savagery he had never even heard of. With the blood spilling across the grass and the limbs being flung into the brush, Blueblood was surprise his stomach content was still inside of him.


“Oh no, I kill. I kill for food. I kill to keep my mind in check.” The eyes appeared behind image as it faded out and a sharp toothed grin was shown underneath it. “I kill for fun...”


The eyes and grin disappeared as another image was shown. This one was of a simple group of people that looked like Basel and Clara. The image was from a view above of the people, all armed with weapons and armor. Within a span of seconds the image was rushed forward into the first man as he was ripped apart and slaughtered, soon the second man was shown having the same done to him. This carried on for quite some time, simply continuous images, more gruesome than the last, full of blood and gore.


“And believe me when I say, I have slain worse than my own kind.” An image of a massive dragon was seen before the image rushed forward and showed the flames and teeth gnashing at the man jumping onto the dragon. Every detail was shown as his hand lit up with it’s blue flames and it slamming down into the dragon’s skull. Even afterwards, the blood spilling from the dragon and a tooth being taken as a trophy was seen. “I have felled many in my time, and my companion has taken as many as me as well. So you should learn to respect those you don’t know until you learn more about them.”


“The only reason you are not like this at the moment is because of Clara.” An image of Clara showed. “So next time you see her, you should kiss her boots and thank whatever deity lives here that you are not dead. Or else...”


One last image flashed before him as it showed simply a sheep, wool that could be mistaken for golden fluff. Then simply it was torn apart and eaten, piece by piece. From the bones to the wool, not a single thing was left untouched. “... I may want a midnight snack.”


With that, the darkness that had entrapped him, faded as quickly as it had consumed him, leaving him as a curled up ball of fear as the black puddle left him and slipped back to Clara where Basel reformed himself with a rather satisfied look on his face. Celestia walked over to Blueblood, with a look of concern on her face, he is still her nephew, and gently prodded him with a hoof only to make him quake with fear even more.

“So what did I miss?” Basel asked with a sly smirk gracing his features.

Author's Note:

We both hate Blueshit.

Comments ( 21 )

I like Basel now. I want to be he's friend :pinkiehappy:

Interesting, using a test as a base for your characters is a nice concept, so i'll keep my eyes on this one.
Oh and since everyone else seems to post their results I might as well follow the herd and do the same.

All I can say now is that Basel is really reminding me of my younger brother. If my brother had his abilities he would do the exact same things. Course he wouldn't be insane from the dark magic given he is already insane.

2834279
yes...become a dark magic insane person's friend...he will kill you

2836552 sounds like fun on a bun to me :pinkiehappy:

Cool story and test I love what I got Hear

I like them!

Comment posted by Moonshine-Dusk deleted Jul 28th, 2013
Comment posted by Moonshine-Dusk deleted Jul 28th, 2013

2884432 ... Welcome to the Inner Sanctum young bishop.

288443. Watch this for five minutes straight.i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7054121728/h2C7F5920/
Mandatory for entrance to the Inner Sanctum.

2951935
how...how are you replying to someone who hasn't commented on here?

2952711 o-o I replied to the wrong person, and no clue, I must've changed the number thing... EXPERIMENT TIME!!!

2344666 hi.

2998734 hi.

EDIT: Success! One of the two choices resulted in an actual account.

2952927
your confusing me, stop it IT MAKES NO SENSE! and don't do a discord "but whats the fun in making sense" line

2952930... But what's the fun in making sense?
denver.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw3167-13303809323092.gif
:trollestia::trollestia::trollestia:
You asked for it.
Oh, not sure but I think that I have a few of your story's faved. If I'm right, good writing.

2952954 Mwahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa:yay:
Don't go a jinxin yourself if you don't want it. :ajsmug:

2952980
GRAHHHH!!! crystalsssssssss

Oh! pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaasssssssse, please write the next chapter!

Login or register to comment