• Published 22nd Jun 2013
  • 10,705 Views, 595 Comments

The Angel of Equestria - Robobrony



A winged human has come to Equestria and pledged his loyalty to the princesses.

  • ...
54
 595
 10,705

Chapter 46

Chapter 46

The day had finally come, the humans Charles despised so much had found their way to Equestria and was ready to wage war. Charles nearly exhausted himself in one day to get everything ready to make sure Ponyville would be well protected. He added runes to the wall that surrounded the city that provided a large magic dome shield to protect the town. He also started constructing his elemental golems. He now had an army of his own made of the five elements. The earth golems stood like humans and had hands, yellow glowing eyes but no mouth. The fire golems were a similar shape but looked like they were made of magma. The wind golems were of pure wind with no feet but instead a cone in place of legs. The lightning golems pure electrical forms were a bit more sleek then that of the rock and fire golems, they had legs as well. Finally, the water golems appeared to have a snake like tail to slither across the ground and had light blue glowing eyes, their entire form made of water.

Not only did Charles have these golems ready to fight and defend Ponyville, but a few dragons, along with a horde of manticores and Timberwolves stood ready. The dragons were spread out across Equestria to help in the defense of the other towns as well. Each one wore metal scale armor covering most of their bodies. The metal was solid steel and forged with dragon fire which made it all the more potent for protection. Iron Scales, the king of the dragons, offered to have some special armor made for Charles. It was a well known fact dragons made strong armor. Charles took him up on his offer and now had new armor for himself that covered his entire form from head to hoof. It was silver colored and the helmet was shaped to look like that of a dragon’s head. The snout of the dragon helmet came over Charles’s own and the eyes rested just above his.

The two meta humans, Michael and Harold, volunteered to help with the defense of Ponyville also. The rest of the warriors that Charles had gathered from other dimensions and those from this world that offered to help were sent to other towns to protect. Charles was now wearing his new armor as he said his peace to his family before heading out. Harold and Michael were waiting outside his home. “Well, this is it. Now you girls stay inside and don’t come out no matter what. I don’t want anything happening you all.”
“Don’t worry Charles, we’ll be fine, it’s you were all worried about.” Twilight stated.

“Just be careful out there sugar cube, don’t do nothin reckless.” Applejack stated.

“We will be waiting for your safe return dear.” Rarity said with a smile.

“Please come back safe Charles.” Pinkie said with a sad smile.

“Don’t worry girls, I will.” Charles then looked down at his children being cradled by their mothers. “Hey kids, don’t you worry now, daddy will be back as soon as he can, he just has to chase away some bad things to make sure you all stay safe. Be good for your mothers now.” Charles gave them each a kiss on the forehead. He then turned to Spike. “Spike, while I’m gone, you’re in charge around here, you are the dragon of the house so it’s up to you to make sure every pony stays safe.”

“You can count on me Charles, I’ll keep every pony safe.”

Charles then took Spike in a hug. “Take care little brother. I’ll see you soon.”

Spike hugged back. “You too Charles.”

They broke their hug and Charles started heading for the door. “Charles, wait!” Pinkie suddenly called out. She set her twins on the couch and started walking towards him.

Charles stopped, turned his side and looked at Pinkie. “Yes Pinkie, what is it?”

Pinkie looked nervous. But then why wouldn’t she, war had come to Equestria. A war that may very well take away another pony she loved from her. “Um, do…..you really have to go?”

Charles looked at her in confusion at first, then smiled. He approached her and looked her in the eyes. “Pinkie Pie, I cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye, I’ll come back. No force in Equestria or anywhere will keep me from my promise. You mean too much to me to just not come back.”

Pinkie gave a small smile. “Thank you Charles, that means a lot to me.”

Charles gave Pinkie a peck on the cheek. “I’ll see you later, be safe every pony.” Charles then turned and headed out the door to join the two meta humans.

“Took you long enough.” Harold stated.

Charles gave a light glare. “Hey, this is my family, I’ll take as long as I need to say what I want to them before going off to a war.”

“He has every right to Harold, we may be strong, but those humans have great numbers and powerful weapons.” Michael stated.

“Don’t tell me you doubt we can win this Michael?” Charles asked. “Look at the army we have amassed. We got dragons hovering just over the town ready to fight, hordes of manticores and immortal timberwolves circling the town, and not to mention those golems I made. Failure is not an option here. We WILL win this, we have to. I’m not about to let those monsters have their way with the ponies that accepted me and took me in when I had nothing.”

“All right Charles, we get it, we have to believe we can win and do everything we can to win.” Harold said.

As they headed for the south side of town where the human army was approaching, Charles ran into his fellow guards and captain. “Charles.” Captain Lightning Thrash greeted. “Good luck out there private, you show those humans that we ponies are stronger than we look.”

Charles saluted. “Yes sir, I won’t let a single one into this town. I’m sorry you can’t join me on the battle field, but their weapons would take you all out easily.”

“It is fine comrade, we understand. You do not wish us harm so we stay here in town and try to take out any humans that may get past you and the barrier you place over town.” Black Cloud stated.

“Hmpf, I still say I could tear them apart easily in my wolf form.” Shadow Fang stated.

Lightning turned to Shadow Fang. “If you went out there, you’ll have to be in your wolf form for too long. If that were to happen, you may go completely insane and just lose it. It’s better you stay out of this fight Shadow Fang.”

Shadow Fang just turned his head with a frown. “I wish you the best of luck Charles.” Stunner said with a smile.

“Kick some flank out there.” Dusk Fang declared.

“Show em who’s boss.” Dawn Fang followed up.

“We’ll all be rooting for you Charles.” Fuse stated.

“Guys, I’m not fighting alone you know?” Charles said with a smile. “I got these two to help as well.” He motioned to Michael and Harold.

Carbon stepped forward. “We’re counting on you two to keep this town safe as well. We thank you for your help.”

Harold gave a thumbs up. “No worries, we got this. Those humans won’t know what hit em.”

“You can count on us Lt Carbon.” Michael said with a nod.

With that, the three continued on their way. They soon reached the southern gate of Ponyville and stepped out to see the swarms of Timberwolves and manticores at the ready with a few dragons spread out among them and Charles’s elemental golems. Charles had on his green crystal Necklace so he could understand the wolves and manticores. As Charles made his way to the front of the group with Harold and Michael, he felt he should say something to them. “Guys, I want to thank you again for your help. I really appreciate it.”

Harold gave a smile. “Hey, no worries. This place is our home now, these ponies have been real nice to us. So it only seems right to make this our new home.”

Michael then shared his thoughts. “I have to agree, I can see why you like it here so much. They never judged us on what we are, like how things were on earth. They just accepted us. So I feel it’s only right we make this place our home and do everything we can to defend it.”

Charles gave a smile at the comment. “After this war is over, I could turn you guys into ponies if you want, it would make living here a little easier, what with meat being rather scarce here.”

“Really, sounds good to me. I suppose if I were a pony, I wouldn’t have such a craving for meat.” Harold stated.

“I suppose I’d be ok with it too, so I think we’ll take you up on that offer. Once this war is over, you go ahead and use your magic to change us.” Michael said.

They finally stood at the front of the army ready to fight. Charles took a few steps forward and flew up a bit to look them over. He spoke loudly so they all could hear him. “Well, this is it! I thank you all for coming here and agreeing to fight by my side like this, it means so much to me that you are all willing to help like this! I just know that with all of us standing together like this, we will win this fight and drive these invaders from our home!”

This was met with growls and howls and roars of approval. The golems stood silent. Charles had managed to imbue them with just enough inttelegence to where they could tell friend from foe and fight on their own or as a group on the field. Charles came back down to his original spot between Michael and Harold. He got into a conversation with the enlightened five. “The day has finally come, I wish to thank you guys for everything you’ve done for me. I’ll admit it’s been kind of weird having you five in my head, but I got used to it over time. I am grateful for all you have taught me and the power you have given me.”

“And we’re grateful for you showing up and defeating us so we could finally get out of that crumbling place you found us in.” Flash point said.

“Yeah, we’re glad we were finally able to get out of there, we never thought we’d get to know what it’s like to be part of a family like what you have.” Voltage stated.

“We are glad to have met you Charles. You are very lucky to have the life you do now.” Aeros said with a smile.

“Thanks, I really appreciate you all.” Charles said to them.

“You seem to talk as if you doubt we can achieve victory this day, am I wrong?” Tidal wave asked.

“Yes, you are. I can’t doubt that we can win, I have to believe it. Too much is at stake here.” Charles stated confidently.

“We are pleased to hear that.” Dust said. “There is something we need to inform you of though. Once this fight is over, we will leave you.”

“Oh?” “Wait, WHAT?!” Charles said out loud.

Harold looked to Charles. “What?”

“Uh, nothing. I’m talking to my friends in my head.” Charles answered. Harold accepted the answer and continued to look out to the field, waiting for the humans. Charles resumed his internal discussion. “What do you mean you’ll leave me?”

Aeros explained. “Our role was three parts. One, to act as the guardians of the elements of life. Two, to test those seeking our power and see if they are worthy of it. Three, once the test is passed, we then instruct the being who passes the test in the ways of how to effectively wield our power. We have taught you all we can on how to wield our streangth.”

“Thus, once this fight is over, we shall depart from this world and take our place in the eternal heard.” Dust explained.

“But…..that’s it then? You’ll just up and leave? After everything we’ve been through?” Charles asked, starting to feel a little sad at this news.

“Not without saying our goodbyes ya idiot.” Voltage said with a smirk.

“Hey, our time here is coming to an end. We’ve done all we were supposed to do here.” Flashpoint explained. “We will forever be grateful to you for sharing your life with us and we certainly won’t forget you. But this is how it is. You can’t go around the rest of your life with us in your head.” He said with a snicker.

Charles sighed. “I see, well then. I guess there’s really nothing I can do about it. I am going to miss you guys when you go. So, let’s do this together. One last hurrah, right?”

“Right!” The five responded together.

A sound was heard rising over the hill a ways away. Marching, and the sound of treadmills rolling something big and heavy was heard approaching. An army of humans in black metal suits came marching up over the hill accompanied by large black metal tanks with hexagon shaped barrels. At least two thousand humans and fifty or so tanks rolled in. “This is it Everyone, get ready!” Charles called out. He was about to give the signal to charge when another sound was heard. Loud thumping noises, like giant footsteps and the whirring of machinery.

Something large came up and stood at the back of the human army. Charles and the two humans looked on. “You have GOT to be KIDDING ME!” Charles said.

Giant, metal robot mechs now stood before the army. “When the hell did they get THOSE?” Harold asked.

“Don’t worry, we can handle those, and I bet the dragons can too. They’re practically the same size.” Michael pointed out. It was true, the giant metal mechs were almost as tall as a dragon standing up on its hind legs. There were twenty of the mechs standing at the back.

“All right then. Let’s hope my traps work. Time to trigger them.” Charles stated. He brought his staff in front of him with his magic and held it vertically before him. The five gems on his staff began to glow. The first of many of his traps went off. An explosion of fire erupted from under one tank and melted it down in almost an instant.

The humans near that tank were vaporized instantly, those a little further away got burned and their suits heated up to unbearable tempatures. The electronics in the suits couldn’t take the heat and short circuited, either electrocuting the wearer or just exploding. The humans that did not get affected panicked, wondering what just happened.

Before they realized it, more explosions followed. One tank was impaled from underneath by a large ice spike shooting up from the ground with smaller ice spikes forming around it, impaling nearby soldiers. Another rune caused a fast acting sink hole, sucking down a tank and more nearby soldiers into the earth. The lighting traps were an explosion of electricity, exploding the tank and electrocuting any nearby soldiers to death. The wind traps summoned massive tornados, sending other tanks and any unfortunate souls close enough flying and getting sliced up by wind blades.

“HAH HAH, look at that, this battle hasn’t even started and already they’re taking heavy casualties.” Harold said with a smile. “Nice work Chalres.”

Nearly half the tanks were destroyed by Charles’s traps. “HOLD YOUR GROUND, MOVE FORWARD!” The commanding officer of the army shouted. The humans did as ordered and charged forth.

“Time to get to work. FOR EQUESTRIA, AND FOR THE PRINCESSES! CHARGE!” Charles shouted. With that, Harold and Michael went into their super forms and flew forward. Charles charged forth in the air and the rest of the army followed suit.

Manehatten, the metropolitan city of Equestria was surrounded by a large stone wall Charles had erected. It didn’t affect the ponies lives much. The wall did stop at a shoreline as Manehatten was at the edge of an ocean. Two lone figures stood on the east side of the town just outside the wall, waiting for the human army to come. They didn’t have to wait long as the sound of marching and the whirring of machines was heard approaching. Ajax Mcriot and Ghoul were stationed there as the guardians of the city. Ajax felt a little uneasy being paired with an undead like creature.

Ghoul, the cloaked, scythe wielding necromancer pony stood firm with a smile. “This is going to be fun.” He stated.

The humans came into view with their tanks and large metal robots. “HOLD!” The commanding officer ordered who stood at the front of the army riding on a tank. “You, where is your army? We were told to expect a fight.”

Ghoul kept his smirk. “You humans are pathetic. Turn back now and go home so you can live your lives, or you can stay here and face your death!” He proclaimed.

There was a dead silence for a moment. Then a round of laughter erupted from the humans that heard the statement. “HA HA HA, OH YEAH, YOU AND WHAT ARMY?”

Ajax leand down and whispered to Ghoul. “That is a good question. Where is your army that your so proud of Ghoul? Shouldn’t they be here by now?”

Ghoul turned to Ajax and whispered back with his smirk. “They already are here.” He said. He faced forward again, stood up on his hind legs and raised his scythe, laughing manically. “AH HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA!” Ghoul thrust his scythe into the ground. Cracks spread out quckly from his scythe and across the earth. Soon, the cracks covered a large portion of the field they stood in. The laughing from the humans ceased as a rumble began to rise.

A single bony hoof thrust up from the earth and pulled out the skeletal form of a unicorn pony. More soon followed, unicorns, pegasi, and earth ponies. All skeletons. Not just ponies burst out of the ground, but the skeletal remains of manticores, minataurs, gryphons, and even large dragon skeletons came up out of the ground.

The humans watched in shock and horror as an army of undead skeletons came up. Thousands upon thousands of them stood before the human army. “Wh-what the hell are those?!” One soldier asked.

“SCREW THIS! I DIDN’T SIGN UP FOR THIS SHIT!” Another soldier shouted.

“St-STAY YOUR GROUND!” The commanding officer tried to order without stuttering. “ANY DESERTERS WILL BE SHOT!”

“What the hell man? WHAT THE HELL?” Another soldier was on the brink of panic.

“CHARGE MY ARMY OF THE UNDEAD, LEAVE NONE ALIVE!” Ghould ordered. Like a wave, the skeletons ran forth while the dragon skeletons managed to somehow fly up into the air.

“All right then, let’s see what kind of damage I can do.” Ajax said as he pulled out a large, silver, high tech looking sniper rifle. He took aim through the scope and took a shot. He managed to blow the heads off four soldiers in a row before the undead army reached them. “HAH, that’s four for me.” Ajax stated with a smile.

Phillydelphia. Another metropolitan city surrounded by the large stone walls Charles erected for protection. The ponies that were sent to protect it were Steele mane’s group. The bearers of the elements of harmony, Steele mane himself, Trixie, Nightshade Smoke, and Cameron. They now stood at the ready to fight to defend the town from any harm. “All right every pony, this should be no trouble. Our suits shields will keep any enemy projectiles from hitting us. These humans may have powerful weapons, but not as advanced as the suits we have. Just get out there and don’t let a single one into the city. Understood?” Steele Mane stated.

“Understood.” They all said in unison.

“Right, We won’t let a single one of those filthy humans past these walls.” Trixie stated confidently.

“I’m gonna smash them up good with my hammer.” Nightshade Smoke said.

“All right everypony, activate your suits.” Twilight proclaimed. Everypony pushed the button on their metal necklaces. Their bodies were then covered in silver suits with colors lining the hooves and wingtips for the ponies with wings that matched their color scheme. Steele Mane’s suit had light blue lining his hooves and wings. Pinkie had pink, Twilight had purple, Rarity had royal blue, Rainbow Dash had sky blue, Fluttershy had yellow, Applejack had orange, Trixie had blue, Cameron had red, and Nightshade Smoke had brown. Each suit had a visor that acted as a targeting system. The suits also had built in trackers and a communication system so the group could communicate with one another.

A human army began their approach of the city as Steele Mane and his team were ready for a fight. “All right then, let’s do this.” Rainbow Declared.

“Those meanies are going to pay for threating Equestria.” Pinkie said.

“I do despise violence, but we did agree to this, I will see this to the end and do my best.” Rarity said.

“Oh my, I don’t know if I’m ready for this.” Fluttershy said meekly.

Steele Mane heard her and walked up to her. “Fluttershy, I realize you don’t like the idea of killing. So how about this, you just focus on those large robots like what you did when you shot the eyes of those giant gorilla bots to try and disable their sight, then you can just try to shoot out the humans guns. Does that sound good? That way, you won’t have to worry about killing.”

Fluttershy gave a weak smile. “Oh, ok, I guess I can do that.”

Steele Mane smiled back. “Good, why don’t you take up position on the top of the wall behind us and start firing when we start fighting.”

“Ok, thanks Steele.” Fluttershy said before flying up to the wall for her job as sniper.

Twilight came up next to Steele. “Thank you Steele Mane.” She said with a smile.

Steele looked back at her. “For what?”

“For making sure Fluttershy is as comfortable as she can be in this fight. I don’t like this whole thing either, but we agreed to fight and help here.” Twilight stated.

“Don’t worry about it Twilight, let’s just do our best and drive these humans away.” Steele said with a smile.

Las Pegasus. The other group of the element bearers were sent to defend this tourist attraction city. “All right girls, this is it. I know we can do this with the power we have. We are the guardians of harmony after all.” Heart Wing stated with a smile.

“You got that right.” Rainbow Dash declared.

Heart Wing was wearing his saddle bag and took out seven sets of armor. Chest plates and helmets for each of them. One that was white with black lining had a hole in the helmet for Heart Wing’s horn and holes for his wings on the side.

One was purple with dark purple lining it and a hole in the helmet for Twilight’s horn. Another for Rarity that was white with purple lining it. Applejack’s was orange with yellow lining. Pinkie’s was pink with dark pink lining it. Rainbow Dash’s was sky blue with dark blue lining hers. And Fluttershy’s was yellow with light pink lining her armor. Once each one had on their armor, those without wings gained a pair, and those without horns had one growing on their head.

“All right, now for the final touch.” Heart Wing stated as he then levitated out the elements of harmony from his bag. He levitated them to their respective owner. They each put on their element over their armor. In a beautiful spectacle of lights, the ponies were transformed.

They each stood as tall as Celestia, except for Heart who was a little taller now and all looked like natural alicorns. Each of their manes flowed as Celestia’s and Luna’s did. Their helmets now replaced with tiaras and Heart Wing had a crown. On their chest pieces, their cutie marks were proudly displayed on their chests. “Them varmints don’t stand a chance against us now.” Applejack stated.

“We shall be victorious this day.” Rarity proclaimed.

Just as she said that, the human army was heard on approach. “All right every pony, let’s do this.” Heart Wing said as they all got ready for a fight.

Hoofington, a simple town similar to Ponyville in appearance. Three figures stood to defend the little town. Nightshade, the shadow walker pony. Frost Wing, the son of Iron Scales and the dragon that breaths ice. And Solar Runner, the changling. Each stood ready to fight for the defense of the small town of Hoofington. “Heh heh, this is going to be good.” Solar Runner stated with a smile.

Nightshade looked at him with an unsure glance. He could see a somewhat sadistic smile on the changling’s face. “Solar Runner, you’re kind of creeping me out here.” He stated.

“Relax Nightshade, he’s just eager to get this started.” Frost Wing said with a comforting Smile. He was currently in his shrunken down size. “We need to do everything we can to keep the ponies of this town safe. So no holding back. Got it?”

“No holding back huh, then I guess I should get ready.” Nightshade said.

Frost Wing was a little confused at his statement, as was Solar Runner as they both looked at him with a cocked eyebrow. Nightshade took a few steps forward, then closed his eyes. A shadow formed underneath him. He looked as if he was struggling with something as he began to grunt. Suddenly, the shadow under him closed up into a dome, surrounding Nightshade. Black and purple could be seen swirling around violently around the dome. Then it shot up into a dark pillar all the way up to the sky. Nightshades scream was heard coming from the pillar, but it started to sound like it was getting deeper. After a moment, the pillar shrank back to the dome and dissipated.

A new figure now stood where Nightshade was. He stood a little taller than Celestia, was all black, and his mane and tail moved like fire. His eyes shot open and revealed glowing red eyes with black slitted irises. “There we go, much better.” The new figure stated.

“Whoa, Nightshade? Is that you?” Frost asked.

The form looked back at Frost with a smile. “Yep, it’s me, I’m ready for the fight now. How about you?” Nightshade questioned.

Frost Wing smirked. “All right then, guess I should be ready too.” With that, he then made himself grow larger into the size of a full grown dragon. “There we go. Now I think we’re ready.”

Ready or not, a human army was seen on the approach. “Looks like we’ll have to be, here they come.” Solar stated with a smile. “I’m going to enjoy this.”

Author's Note:

All right, this chapter was just meant to set the stage. After this, each chapter will cover each battle in full. I hope you all enjoy and I make this live up to your expectations. I’ve strung you all along long enough so I PROMISE the next chapter will be when the battle is finally under way staring with Charles, Michael and Harold.