• Published 22nd Jun 2013
  • 10,705 Views, 595 Comments

The Angel of Equestria - Robobrony



A winged human has come to Equestria and pledged his loyalty to the princesses.

  • ...
54
 595
 10,705

Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Twilight and Charles exited the library and began their walk through Ponyville to the center of town. As they did, Charles already noticed he was getting stares from the other ponies around him. Once again, he folded his arms in front of him and wrapped his wings around himself and just kept his eyes forward. He did find it difficult as he was also curious about everything around him. He looked up and noticed a strange sight. He saw a flying pony pushing a cloud. “What the……must be more magic stuff, but why is it pushing a cloud?” He asked curiously. He had stopped a moment to see the sight.

Twilight noticed this and turned around. “Charles, what is it?”

Charles looked back down at her and spoke. “Why is that Pegasus pushing a cloud around?”

Twilight looked up and noticed what he was talking about. “She’s just doing her job as a weather pony.” Charles raised an eyebrow at her answer. Twilight seemed to pick up on his confusion as she began to explain. “Some pegasai work as weather ponies to make the weather do what it needs to do for the day, don’t humans control the weather, I know humans don’t normally have magic, but with the technology you told me about, don’t you have something to make it do what you want?”

Charles shook his head. “Even with our advanced technology, weather control is impossible. Best we can do is try to predict what it is going to do, even then, it sometimes doesn’t always work well. That is when things can get very bad for humans that live near coasts.”

“Why is that?” Twilight was growing even more curious about this. He paused before answering as he remembered the eyes on him. Twilight also noticed this. “Why don’t we walk while we talk?” They resumed their walk and Charles began again.

“The reason for humans having it bad near coasts is because of hurricanes.” Charles informed.

Twilight looked up at him. “Hurricane, what’s a hurricane?”

“You…..don’t know what a hurricane is?” Twilight shook her head. “I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised since your kind can control the weather. A hurricane is the worst kind of weather you can experience, we’re talking gale force winds, torrential downpours, and massive waves being kicked up from bodies of waters. They’ve been known to destroy homes and take lives from those who either didn’t have the sense to get away before it strikes, or didn’t know it was coming until it was too late.”

Twilight’s eyes widened in a bit of fear. “Oh my, I had no idea such fierce weather could happen, that sounds awful.”

“Consider yourselves lucky you can control the weather, mother nature can be a cruel mistress.”

With the talk of weather done, Twilight thought it odd that Charles was covering his front with his wings. “Are you feeling all right Charles, why are you covering yourself with your wings?”

“I just don’t like being stared at, I can understand why all these ponies are staring at me, but it still makes me uncomfortable.” Charles explained.

Twilight felt bad for Charles. “I’m sorry, I wish there was something I could do, but don’t worry, it’s only a matter of time before they get used to you and won’t stare at you like this.”

“Whatever.” Was all he said, he just didn’t believe it. “Are we almost at this place I need to check in for guard duty?”

Twilight answered with a smile, hoping to lift his spirit. “Almost, just a bit further.”

Just above their heads, two Pegasus ponies were flying overhead. One was a mare and had a sky blue coat with a rainbow colored mane and tail, her cutie mark was of a white cloud with a rainbow colored lightning bolt.

The other was a stallion that was slightly larger than the mare, he was wearing heavy looking armor over his body so the only fur of his that could be seen was on his muzzle. It was a cobalt blue color. His mane was sticking out through a slit in his helmet and his tail was sticking out the back, both were black. The armor he wore was mostly black with gold trimmings on the joints and on the ends of his hooves and on his shoulders. On his back was a large heavy looking sword slung on his back. The handle of the sword was black while the ends were gold as well. Under his armor, his cutie mark was a dark grey tornado surrounded by storm clouds shooting out lightning.

As they flew, the stallion noticed Twilight and the human she was walking with, he nudged the mare on the side to get her attention. “Hey Dash, check it out, there’s Twilight.”

The mare looked over to her friend and looked down at where he was pointing. “Yeah, but what’s that thing following her?”

The stallion took a moment to think. “Hmmm, OH, I think I know, that must be the new recruit we were told about! Man, the captain wasn’t kidding when he said the new recruit would be weird looking.”

Dash looked over to him curiously. “What do you mean by that?”

“Oh right, I didn’t tell you, sorry. See, when I checked in this morning, captain Lightning Thrash told us to expect a new recruit for our town from the princess herself, he also mentioned that the princess said he would be different from us but to treat him with respect like any other pony.”

“Thanks for keeping me in the loop Storm Chaser.” Dash said sarcastically with a smirk.

Storm Chaser just rubbed a hoof behind his head with a sheepish smile. “Heh heh, um, come on Rainbow Dash, let’s go say hi.” He suggested.

“Sure, let’s go.” Rainbow agreed. The two then flew down towards Twilight and her companion.
As they flew down, Rainbow called out. “Hey Twilight, wait up!”

Upon hearing her friend, Twilight stopped walking and looked up at her caller. She gave a smile as she greeted her friends. “Hey Rainbow Dash, Storm Chaser, what’s up?”

The two pegasai landed in front of their friend. Strom Chaser spoke first. “Hey Twilight, we saw you walking by and wanted to come meet the new guy following you.” He said with a smile.

Twilight’s smile never left her face, maybe some more of her friends could help Charles as well. “Of course, Storm Chaser, Rainbow Dash, this is Charles. Charles these are two of my friends, Rainbow Dash and Storm Chaser, he’s the 1st Lt in the guard here in Ponyville.” Twilight stepped aside so the three could meet.

Storm Chaser stepped forward to greet him. “Hey there, Nice to meet you.” He held out his hoof for a shake.

Charles had removed his wings from in front of him. He just eyed the Pegasus carefully, he didn’t bother to shake his hoof.

Storm Chaser finally brought his hoof back after an awkward moment passed. “Ok then, well, welcome to Ponyville, looking forward to working with you.”

“Whatever.” Was Charles’s only response.

Dash leaned over to Storm Chaser and put a hoof next to her mouth and whispered in his ear. “Sheesh, what’s his problem?” She then decided to try her luck. “Soooo, I’m Rainbow Dash, the greatest flyer in all of Equestria.” She bragged.

“Oh great, she’s one of those.” Charles thought to himself.

Rainbow then continued. “So how good are you with those wings, doubt you’re as good as me, no pony can match me in speed.”

Charles gave a curt response. “And I should care about that why?”

“Because you shouldn’t get it in your head that you could beat me in a race.”

Charles just rolled his eyes and turned his attention to Twilight. “Can we get going now, I want to go ahead and check in already.”

Dash wasn’t pleased that he was ignoring her all of a sudden. “Hey, just what is your problem anyway?” She asked with a bit of a scowl.

Charles then turned his attention with anger on his face. “My problem is you.” He emphasized by pointing a finger at her. “One of the few things I can’t stand is arrogance, and right now, you just stink of it, so I will thank you to stay out of my way and leave me alone.” Charles then turned his attention to Storm Chaser. “And as for you, since we’ll be working together and you will be my superior, I will be sure to show you the proper respect, but don’t confuse it for friendliness.” He then just continued on without Twilight in the direction they were heading past the two pegasai.

“Ok, what is his problem?” Dash asked louder than before.

Twilight came up to them to tell them. “Sorry guys, it’s just that where he came from, he was considered an outcast and hated by his own kind, all because he has those wings and is capable of using magic.”

The two pegasai then looked sad at this. “Wait, so he never had a friend, what about family?” Storm asked.

“That is something he doesn’t like to talk about, when I brought it up once last night, he got mad, so I don’t know what the situation is with his parents.”

“HEY TWILIGHT, CAN WE GET GOING NOW!” Charles called from a distance.

“Sorry guys, I’d better go, see you later ok?” Twilight then galloped off to catch up with Charles.

“Wow….poor guy, hated by his own kind? I can’t imagine what that must be like.” Storm thought out loud.

“What exactly is he anyway, did Lightning Thrash tell you?” Dash asked.

Storm then faced Dash. “He said princess Celestia said he’s called a human, never heard of one before, I wonder where he came from?”

“Maybe Twilight can tell us later, he must be staying with her since they’re walking together.” Dash figured.

After catching up, Twilight resumed leading Charles through the town. “Sorry about that, but why were you so rude to Rainbow Dash?”

“I hate arrogance, anyone who is arrogant only cares about showing off and proving that their so much better than anyone else. That friend of yours, Rainbow Dash was it….., she came off as REALLY arrogant, and I hate that.”

“I know she seems that way, but she’s really a good friend. Just give her a chance and you’ll see.” Twilight tried to make Dash sound good to Charles.

Charles stayed silent. Soon, they finally reached their destination, a large building that was shaped like a big cylinder with a cone top. “Here we are, town hall. This is where the royal guard caiptain’s main office is.” Twilight led Charles inside the building. Charles followed her through a hall way down to the end where a door with a glass window was. Twilight used her magic to open the door and walked in with Charles behind. “Good morning captain Lightning Thrash.” Twilight greeted happily.

Sitting behind a desk was another Pegasus wearing gold armor, minus the helmet. He had a red coat with a yellow mane and tail with green streaks through them, his eyes were an emerald green color. His cutie mark was a yellow lightning bolt.

“Ah, Twilight Sparkle, good morning.” Lightning thrash greeted back, he then noticed the human behind her. “And this must be Charles. Welcome, I am captain Lightning Thrash, welcome to the royal guard. I must admit, when the princess told me to expect some pony who wasn’t a pony, I was a little skeptical, but seeing you now…..well, never mind, so you’re going to be serving as a guard under me huh. Very well, it may take some time to get you the armor for duty.”

“That won’t be necessary sir, I prefer not to wear armor, if that’s all right.” Charles responded.

“Well, it is part of the uniform, that way, the ponies know who’s a guard and who isn’t.”

“Very well then, but you don’t need to have someone make armor for me.” Before the captain could ask what he meant, light blue flames began to emerge from the bottom of Charles’s feet, they traveled up his body, as they did, they turned the clothing they passed into metal. The flames traveled up and up, when they reached his coat, it just started to disappear. His hands became encased in gauntlets. The flames continued until they reached his head and soon he was now wearing a helmet with a visor up. Charles was now in full body armor colored black. “Will this be acceptable sir?”

Twilight was impressed and the captain was left speechless. Only his face and wings were now visible as his staff still remained on his back. The captain finally found his voice. “Well, that was…..interesting. This will be just fine, um, I just need you to fill out a few forms, then I give you your badge and you’re ready to go.”

“Wow Charles, you look amazing. You’re just full of surprises aren’t you?” Twilight complimented.

“Thanks.” Charles then turned his attention back to his new captain. “Sir, if it’s all right, I’d rather have this armor on whenever something comes up where I need to perform my duties as a guard.”

“Weeeellll, since you’re able to make it appear so fast, I see no harm in it, all right then, but you still need to have the badge on you while on duty.” Lightning Thrasher informed.

“That’s understandable, thank you sir.” Charles then made his armor disappear in the same manner it appeared almost in an instant. Charles filled out the forms necessary and Captain Thrasher hoofed him his badge. It was a gold badge with a picture of the sun on one side and the moon on the other, an image of the princesses were depicted below the two. It was shaped like a three pronged shield.

“Now then, you will start your new guard duties tomorrow, for now, get to know the town. When you check in, you’ll have free roam of it and just patrol wherever, help out whenever trouble comes up.”

“Yes sir, I will do my best to uphold the law here sir.” Charles said.

Before anything else could be said, another pony walked in. This one was wearing silver armor, he was a unicorn with a black coat with a black mane and tail with gun metal grey highlights, he had three knives on each side strapped to his armor. His cutie mark was a light blue cross hair over a red pony skull. “You wanted to see me captain?” the stallion asked.

“2nd Lt Carbon, thank you for coming, I wanted you to meet our newest member of the royal guard, I trust you remember our talk this morning?”

“Of course captain.” Carbon then turned his attention to Charles. “Greetings, I am 2nd Lt Carbon of the Ponyville royal guard. Welcome aboard."

Charles found it curious that this one didn’t seem so surprised to see a creature of a different species. “You seem rather lax about seeing something you’ve never seen before.” Charles pointed out.

“Well we were informed already about you by the princess through Captain Thrasher.”

Captain Thrash then got every ponies attention. “Carbon, I would like it if you could introduce our new recruit to some of our other officers. They should be waiting outside.”

Carbon gave a salute. “Yes sir, they are just outside the building sir.”

“Very good, Thank you Lt.”

“Come along then Charles, lets meet the others.” Carbon said.

“Yes sir.” Charles followed Lt Carbon out with Twilight trailing behind.

“By the way, it’s good to see you miss Sparkle, I understand Charles here will be staying with you while he’s here?” Carbon asked.

“He is, and it’s good to see you as well, how have you been Carbon, I understand you and Octavia have been seeing each other quit often.” Twilight asked.

“Sorry miss Sparkle, but such gossip is best saved for when I’m not on the job……but yes, we have, she is such a wonderful mare.” Carbon said with a smile.

The three finally made their way out of the building and were greeted by three ponies just in front of town hall. One was a pony Charles met already, Storm Chaser.

Two others were ponies Charles had yet to meet and looked exactly the same, they must be twins, the only difference between them was their eye coloring. They were both pegasai and had a grey coat, mane, and tail. One of them had red eyes while the other had blue. Charles also noticed that the blue eyed Pegasus had bat like wings instead of regular feathery ones like the other pegasai he had seen. On their sides were swords that also looked exactly the same except for their coloring. They both were split down the middle and were jagged from the center of the blade up to the tip. The swords curved in from where the blade came from the hilt up to the middle and back out and in again at the end. The hilts where the sword came out looked like a pair of snakes on both sides with their heads curved down. Gems were placed on the front and back side of the blades between the snakes. There was also two other gems protruding on the sides of the hilts and another orb shaped gem at the bottoms of the handle.

The gems in the hilt of the sword with the red eyed Pegasus was yellow while the orb at the bottom was red. The gems in the other sword with the blue eyed Pegasus were blue while the orb at the bottom of it was purple.

Carbon approached Storm Chaser first. “Lt Strom Chaser sir. This is….”

Storm Chaser interrupted him. “No need for introductions Lt Carbon, we already met this morning.”

“Sir?” Carbon asked in confusion.

Storm Chaser explained. “While I was flying with rainbow Dash this morning during my rounds, we came across him and Twilight, we’ve met.”

“Very good sir.” Carbon then went over to the twins. “I take it you haven’t met yet have you?” He asked the Pegasus twins.

“No sir.” They answered in unison.

“Very well then. Charles, this is Dusk Fang…” He pointed to the Pegasus with red eyes, “And Dawn Fang.” He then pointed to the Pegasus with the blue eyes. “They are privates like you. I trust you three will get along fine. Dusk, Dawn, This is Charles, out newest recruit.”

The two eyed Charles carefully, he, in turn, did the same. Charles then noticed the marks on their flanks. Dusk Fang had a white shield like disk, while Dawn fang had an orange red disk like shield on his flank.

“Ok, what is up with all these marks on these ponies flanks, I’ll just ask Twilight about it after this is over.” Charles thought to himself.

Dusk was the first to step forward to greet him. “Hi there, welcome to the royal guard of Ponyville, Dawn fang here is my twin brother.”

Dawn then stepped forward to join his brother. “Hey, what’s up?” He said with a rather bored tone in his voice.

Storm Chaser then spoke up. “Now that introductions are out of the way, you can all go back to your patrols now, keep an eye out for trouble.” The two pegasai and unicorn saluted. “SIR!” They said in unison and left the area. Storm Chaser then turned his attention to Charles. “See you for duty tomorrow Charles.” Storm Chaser then took off as well.

Finally alone, Twilight spoke up. “Well then, why don’t I take you around town and introduce you to the rest of my friends.”

Charles looked at her. “Not like I have anything better to do.” He said in his usual monotone voice.

Twilight frowned at Charles’s cold personality, but she was determined to show him that he could trust her and help him make friends. She just had to show him that no pony here saw him as a monster. She just had to help him feel better and smile.

Author's Note:

CREDIT TIME. This is the part where I tell all my readers where the OC’s I used in this story came from.

Lightning Thrash came from LightningThrash on fanfiction.net

Storm Chaser came from Apollyon602 on fanficton.net

Duskfang and Dawnfang came from Ultimo The Great on fanficton.net. For a picture of the swords they have, google oblivion duskfang and danfang

Carbon came from Jman796 on fimfiction.net

I want to thank you all again for your submissons and my readers for taking the time to leave reviews, I am so glad you all like my story so far.