• Published 22nd Jun 2013
  • 10,705 Views, 595 Comments

The Angel of Equestria - Robobrony



A winged human has come to Equestria and pledged his loyalty to the princesses.

  • ...
54
 595
 10,705

Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Pinkie Pie was busy in the library setting up a welcome back party for Charles, Twilight did as she said she would and informed her friends of what was going on. Pinkie went about setting up streamers and balloons and all the party treats with a smile on her face. Derpy was helping as well. Vinyle Scratch was busy setting up her mix table at the back of the room and getting it ready to play.

Meanwhile, Twilight just sat outside the library keeping an eye out for Celestia’s carriage. Ever since they left, she just couldn’t stop worrying about the whole situation. Applejack came out to try and comfort Twilight. “Twi, you all right sugar cube? You been out here the whole time since you came back after tellin us what was going on.”

“Oh Applejack, I’m so worried about him, what if he doesn’t come back, what if the dragon lord wants revenge for Charles killing the dragon?”

Pinkie heard the conversation and came out to help comfort Twilight as well. “Don’t worry Twilight, you said he made a Pinkie promise to come back right, he’s sure to come back. No pony breaks a Pinkie promise.” She said cheerfully.

Twilight turned to Pinkie Pie. “Pinkie, I think he just made that promise to ease my worry, I doubt even he thought he’d be coming back.”

Rarity then came up out of the library. “Twilight, darling, your worrying too much, Celestia and Luna won’t let anything happen to him, you must have faith in the princesses.”

Twilight looked to Rarity with a glare as she responded. “Rarity, don’t you get it, he killed a dragon and the dragon lord is furious, do you really think Celestia and Luna will risk a war for Charles’s sake!”

Rainbow then came out as well. “Twilight, calm down, he’ll come back, he can handle this, he’s strong, remember.”

Twilight looked behind her at Rainbow. Fluttershy followed behind Rainbow as she came out. Twilight was now glaring at Rainbow, her look soon softened as she looked away and back to the front, gazing back up to the sky in search of the princesses carriage. “I hope your right Rainbow.”

“Listen here sugar cube, we’re all worried about Charles, but sittin here worryin aint gonna do you no good, come on in and help us set the party up, that’s sure ta take yer mind offa this, what do ya say?”

Twilight closed her eyes and looked down. “I’m sorry Applejack, but I’m just too worried about him.”

Rarity put a hoof on her shoulder. “You really care about him, don’t you?”

Twilight looked to Rarity with sad eyes. “Of course I do, he’s put his own life in danger for our sakes three times now, he’s been so nice to us and now, with this going on, I……I’m afraid that he…” She couldn’t finish her sentence as a tear formed in her eye, it rolled down her cheek and fell to the ground.

Applejack then put a hoof on her shoulder as well. “You love him too, don’t you sugar cube?”

Twilight turned to face Applejack. “He shared such wonderful music with us, delicious new foods, and has done everything he can to protect us.”

“We feel the same way darling, it just doesn’t do any good to just sit here and think about the worst case scenario, you just have to have faith that he will come back to us.” Rarity said with a smile.

Twilight returned with a small smile of her own. “Your right Rarity, I just have to have faith he’ll come back.”

Fluttershy then called out. “Look, the princesses carriage!” She said as she pointed a hoof to the sky. Sure enough, there it was, being pulled by six of Celestia’s guards.

They started to make their descent as every pony came out to greet them, Derpy and Vinyl came out as well. “Oh, I hope Charles is ok?” Derpy asked with worry.

“Relax babe, I’m sure he’s fine.” Vinyl assured with no hint of doubt in her voice.

The carriage came to a rolling stop in front of the library. Celestia and Luna were the first to step out. The ponies all bowed before speaking. “Hello my little ponies, it is good to-“ Before she could finish, Twilight cut her off.

“Princess, is Charles ok, did the dragon lord want revenge, where is he?” She asked in a near panic.

Luna spoke to try and ease her. “Twilight calm down.”

Twilight did not calm down. “How am I supposed to be calm, Charles cold be dead, where is he?”

“I’m right here Twilight.” Charles said as he came out from behind the princesses to Luna’s side. “I’m ok see.” He said with a smile.

“CHARLES!” Twilight called out before galloping over to him, she glomped on to him and almost caused he to fall over, but he managed to keep his balance as Twilight wrapped her hooves around his neck. “I was so worried about you, I thought you wouldn’t be coming back.” All the fear she had of Charles being gone for good were finally relieved and came out in a few tears.

Charles could tell how upset she was, he just wrapped his arms around her in a hug as well, he spoke in a soothing voice. “Twilight, its ok, I’m fine, see, I’m right here. I promise I’m not going anywhere any time soon.”

“Oh Charles, when I thought you wouldn’t be coming back…I…I was so afraid I wouldn’t get to see you again.”

Charles and Twilight pulled back from their hug and looked at each other in the eye. “Hey, I made a promise to come back didn’t I, and I kept that promise.”

“I know, it’s just, well….” Twilight wasn’t sure how to find the words.

Luckily, Applejack could. “She loves ya too Charles, just like me and Rarity. She’s really taken a likin ta ya.”

Charles looked at Applejack first, then back to Twilight. “Really Twilight, you like me in that way too?”

Twilight smiled, she closed her eyes and nodded. “You’ve done so much for us, I’m just so grateful to you.” Twilight then gave a light peck on the cheek.

“Well then, looks like I got three mare friends now don’t I?”

Twilight then stepped aside to let Applejack and Rarity greet Charles. Applejack was first. “Hey there partner, glad ta see ya still in one piece.”

Rarity then welcomed. “Yes, we were all quit worried about you.” They both then came up and gave him a hug, followed by a kiss on the cheek, Charles returned the favor with a kiss of his own on their cheek.

“And how are my favorite fashionista and farm pony doing?” He asked.

Rarity answered. “We are just fine thank you for asking, how are you, how did things go with the dragon lord?”

“I’ll tell you about it later, for now, I believe Pinkie has a party set up, isn’t that right Pinkie Pie?” Charles called to the hyperactive pink pony.

“Yepperoonie, it sure is, come on, let’s head inside and get it started. OH, princesses, will you be joining us as well? Please say yes, oh please oh please oh please!” Pinkie Begged before Celestia and Luna.

The princesses looked at each other for a moment, then back to Pinkie. Celestia answered. “Well, I suppose we could, we don’t have anything going on at the palace right now.”

Luna then continued. “And I have never been to a party thrown by the element of laughter, I am most intrigued to partake in such an event.”

Pinkie cheered out at the news. “YAHOO, this is great! I promise you two are gonna have so much fun.”

Celestia turned to the guards still hooked up to the carriage. “Would you all go on ahead and take the carriage back to the palace, we will return under our own power.” The guards gave a nod and took off toward the castle.

Charles walked past Applejack and Rarity to greet the others. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were next. “Hey there Rainbow, Fluttershy, what’s up?”

Fluttershy was the first to answer. “Oh Charles, we’re so glad you’re safe, you had us all worried.”

Rainbow scoffed at Fluttershy’s comment. “I wasn’t worried, I knew you’d be coming back.”

Charles looked to Rainbow. “Well, it’s nice to know you have such confidence in me, thanks Rainbow Dash.”

“Hey, you’re a tough stallion…..er, human, I knew you’d be fine.”

Derpy and Vinyl then came up. Derpy was the first to speak. “Hey Charles, glad to see you okay.”

Charles gave a smile at Derpy. “Hey Derpy, it’s good to see you too.” They gave each other a brief hug. Charles then turned his attention to Vinyl. “Hey there, Vinyl right?”

Vinyl looked at Charles through her violet sunglasses. “Yep, hey there dude, welcome back.” She extended her hoof for a hoof bump.

Charles returned it by tapping his fist on the bottom of her hoof. “Thanks, so I guess your DJying this party then?”

“You know it, Pinkie always hires me for music for her parties. Since were good friends, I sometimes do them for free, like this one.”

“Well that’s real nice of you, Pinkie is lucky to have a friend like you.”

“Thanks dude.”

“Well then, now that greetings are out of the way, let’s get this party started!” Charles announced as he threw his hands out and spread his wings. Charles, the ponies, and the princesses filed into the library to begin the festivities. “So Vinyl, mind if I kick this party off with another song from my world?” He asked as he walked next to Vinyl.

“Sure dude, the last one you performed was awesome. What’s this one called?” She asked with interest.

“This one is a song that I just know you’re going to love Pinkie.” He said as he stopped, turned, and pointed a finger at her.

Pinkie looked at him with a smile. “Really, why is that?”

Charles retracted his finger and folded his arms in front of him. “The title alone should give it away, it’s called…….Party Rock Anthem.” Charles then jumped backwards, did a flip in the air and landed on his feet behind Vinyl’s mixing table. “I hope you ponies are ready for a real party song, because this one is sure to knock your horseshoes off.” Charles raised a hand, and brought down his palm onto the table, slapping it, magic surged through his hand and into the machine, the music started and Charles sang out and started dancing to the beat.

As the song played and Charles danced and sang, he got the others to dance along with him, they managed to keep in step with him as he danced. Fluttershy was content to just watch from the side with the princesses. Around the middle of the song, Charles pulled off some wicked breakdancing moves the ponies couldn’t follow and just watched till he went back to what they could follow. They were all having a blast with the music and dancing.

By the end of the song, the ponies were all applauding Charles for his performance and singing. “Thank you, thank you, I thought you all would like that one.”

Pinkie approached Charles with a big grin on her face. “Like it, I loved it, that was amazing, it’s the perfect party song, thank you for sharing it with us Charles.”

Charles smiled back. “No problem Pinkie, glad you all liked it.”

Vinyl then came up. “Dude, that was sick, that song was totally awesome. That was like one of the coolest party songs I ever heard.”

“Thank you again, anyway, your mixing table is all yours now.” Charles then began to mingle with the others as Vinyl began playing more music for the party. He approached the princesses first who were currently seated near the middle of the room. “So princesses, did you enjoy the music as well?”

Celestia answered first. “That was very interesting Charles, I’ve never heard music like that before. It was very invigorating.”

Luna then answered. “I must agree, that song was quite energetic, and the dancing was most amusing.”

Celestia’s face then straitened but continued in a friendly tone. “Now Charles, about the other alliances you made, It is too late in the day to do anything about it, but I would like you to help us arrange a meeting with the rulers of the timberwolves and manticores. Whenever you can, just send me a letter telling me when they will be willing to meet, and since you are the only one to understand them.”

Celestia didn’t need to finish, Charles knew where she was going. “You want me to act as translator for you at the meeting, I understand princess, I will do so. In the meantime, would you two like me to get you some punch?”

Celestia nodded. “Thank you Charles, that is very kind of you.” Charles then went to get the princesses the punch.

After the party had gone on for a while, Charles had a chance to talk to Vinyl alone. He approached her as she was at the snack table while her machine was on auto pilot for a while. “Hey Vinyl, great music selection for the party, you’re doing a great job as a DJ.”

Vinyl turned to face Charles. “Thanks dude, it is my specialty after all.” She said with a smile.

Charles smiled back. “I know, which is why I was wondering if you’d be willing to help me with a plan I have for.....for…” Charles screwed his face in confusion trying to remember the name of the holiday coming up. “Darn it, what was it called? Vinyl, what’s the name of the holiday coming up again?”

Vinyl then looked at Charles with a bit of confusion. “You mean Nightmare Night?”

Charles’s face lit up. “That’s the one, Nightmare Night. I had an idea for a performance for nightmare night I want to give, there’s another song from my world that would be perfect for it and I want to share it with the others, I’ll need your help with the music this time though. What do you say, will you help me out?”

Vinyl smiled big. “Sure dude, no problem, so what is this song you want to perform for every pony on Nightmare Night?”

“Trust me Vinyl, this will be a night, you and every other pony will not forget.”

***

Spike was busy in the library helping Twilight with her usually studies, he seemed to have a distant look on his face as he was smiling. Twilight took notice of this. “Spike, what has you in such a good mood?” She asked cheerfully.

Her question seemed to startle him out of his mind. “Huh, what, oh uh, nothing, it’s just that I met with my secret admirer and I have a date with her today.”

Twilight’s smile grew. “Really, that’s great news, congratulations Spike, who is it, when is the date?”

“It’s Sweetie Belle, our date is going to be at ten today.”

“Sweetie Belle, Rarity’s sister, I didn’t know she had a crush on you, wait a minute, ten, Spike, it’s almost ten now.” She informed.

Spike then began to panic a little. “WHAT, oh no, I’m gonna be late, I gotta go, you don’t mind do you Twilight?”

Twilight chuckled. “Hm hm, of course not, you better get going if you don’t want to be late.”

Spike smiled back at Twilight. “Thanks Twilight, I’ll see you later.” Spike then rushed up to their room, went to his bed and pulled out a small bag filled with bits he had. He then turned, ran back downstairs and out the door. As he did, he ran right past Charles who seemed startled by Spike’s sudden appearance.

As Spike ran past, he heard Charles call out to him. “Whoa, Spike, what’s the hurry, why are you rushing off?”

Spike didn’t slow down as he answered. “Can’t talk now, got a date, gonna be late, later Charles!” He continued running through town with a smile on his face, eager to get to his date.

***

Sweetie Belle was busy helping her big sister Rarity with her work.....by staying out of the way. She was expecting someone to show up anyway. “I hope he isn’t late.” She said with a bit of worry. It was almost time for their date, Sweetie Belle had yet to tell her sister about her crush on Spike.

Rarity picked up on Sweetie’s words. She turned her attention from her sewing machine she was using, she was in the middle of making a new outfit for Charles, she looked at her little sister and asked. “What was that Sweetie Belle, are you expecting some pony?”

Sweetie Belle was unsure if she should tell her sister about how she had a crush on spike since he first showed up but only now was she able to act on it because he always had a thing for her older sister. “Well, yes, I……met a nice……someone, and we have a date today at ten.”

Rarity smiled at her little sister. “Really, my little sister has a very special somepony, oh how wonderful, who is the lucky colt, is it some pony I know?”

“Well….yes, but……he isn’t a colt.”

Rarity seemed a bit taken back by Sweetie’s words. Her face turned to one of confusion. “Not a colt, then what is he?”

“Well……it’s Spike, I met with him yesterday and…..we decided to try and hang out together for a bit today. I hope you’re ok with it big sis.”

Rarity’s smile returned. She approached her sister and gave her a hug. “Oh Sweetie, of course I don’t mind, I do feel sorry for breaking the poor dragons heart, but I am so glad you can be the one to mend it, of course I don’t mind, I hope you two have a wonderful time together today.” Rarity released her hug and looked down at Sweetie Belle who now had a bright smile of her own.

“Thanks Rarity, I’m glad you’re ok with it.”

“Now tell me dear, what time is your date with Spike?”

"It’s at ten today, but it looks like he might be late, I’m afraid he might not show up at all, he seemed rather unsure about the whole thing.”

Rarity kept her hoof on Sweetie’s back. “Now Sweetie Belle, don’t you worry about a thing, if I know Spikey wikey, he is on his way right now to take you on a lovely date.” Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Rarity looked out to the hall way. “And I’ll bet that’s him now, you hurry along now and have a good time.” She instructed with a smile.

Sweetie Belle Smiled big back. “I will Rarity, thanks, I’ll see you later ok?” Sweetie then charged out into the hall and down the stairs to the first floor, she ran up to the door and opened it, her heart aflutter. To her delight, on the other side was Spike, panting.

“Hey…..Sweetie Belle…..Sorry if…..I’m late…..I……got here….as fast….as I could.” He said between breaths.

Sweetie Belle Chuckled at Spike, she thought it was cute he was so eager to get here. “Heh heh, actually Spike, your right on time, so where are we going first?”

“Let me just…….hang on.” Spike was now bent over with his claws on his knees trying to catch his breath. Sweetie waited patiently for Spike to catch his breath. After a minute, he was finally able to stand up straight and talk. “Ok, sorry about that, so how about we go to Sugarcube Corner, I brought my bits with me. Twilight gives me an allowance.” He then held up his bag of bits to show Sweetie belle.

“Great, sounds good, thanks for doing this Spike, I’m really glad you agreed to this.”

“Hey, I’m feeling pretty good about this myself. Shall we my lady?” Spike said as he gave a bow then held out his elbow for Sweetie to take.

She chuckled at his antics and accepted his gesture. “Why thank you my good sir.” She continued with his joke. The two then happily made their way to Sugarcube Coner to begin their date.

Author's Note:

The song in this chapter is Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, next one coming soon.