• Published 22nd Jun 2013
  • 10,695 Views, 595 Comments

The Angel of Equestria - Robobrony



A winged human has come to Equestria and pledged his loyalty to the princesses.

  • ...
54
 595
 10,695

Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Charles flew through the air at such a speed, he was sure to get home within a few hours if not sooner. He decided to take this opportunity to converse with the enlightened five. “So guys, does this mean you all are a part of me now or what?”

“You could say that.” Flashpoint answered.

“We have fused with you and are now a part of you, however, we can present ourselves in spiritual form if you should like us to reveal ourselves.” Dust explained.

“Well that will be helpful, every pony will start thinking I’m crazy if I start talking to voices in my head that only I can hear.” Charles mused. “But what about when I want some privacy, you know, like when I’m with my wives and such?”

“Fear not, we can take up residence in the gems within your staff, then while we are in there, we can still communicate with you as long as you are making contact with it, but while you are not, we cannot speak with you normally.” Aeros explained.

“That’s good to know. So you five have been stuck in that temple for a long time huh, sorry to hear that.”

“Tell me about it.” Voltage agreed. “Ever since we were created at the same time as the elements of harmony, we’ve been stuck in that temple for ages with nothing to do. Our power just wasn’t needed. So we just sat around with nothing to do but talk and practice our fighting with one another in the ethereal plain.”

“Ethereal plane?” Charles asked.

“It is a plain of existence only spirits can access.” Aeros explained.

“Thanks for coming along when you did, finally we can see the world.” Flashpoint said.

“We are most grateful that we can finally get out of there.” Tidal Wave expressed.

“Hey, don’t mention it, I’m glad I could help. I don’t suppose you all could somehow help me figure out how to use your powers with the weapons could you?”

Dust answered. “Of course we can, that is part of our role, to act as the teachers for the one who finds us and passes our test to control our power.”

“That can wait for later, as I recall, you have some things to take care of once we reach this home of yours.” Aeros pointed out.

“Yeah, like telling everypony you know that you changed and explain it to them.” Voltage pointed out.

“All right then…..Hey, there it ……..goes…..Whoa whoa slow down!” Charles spotted Ponyville but passed right by it. He managed to stop in mid-air and flapped his wings regular to fly at normal speed. “There it is, home sweet home, Ponyville.” Charles smiled as he looked down at his home. “Ok, now how am I going to explain to the girls about this?”

“Just tell them. Simple right?” Flash asked.

“*Sigh* I guess.” Charles flew over the town, managing not to draw attention to himself. He soon came to his home and came to a landing. “Well, here goes nothing.” Charles knocked on the door. When he did, he heard a dog barking. He knew exactly who that was.

The door opened and Spike was the one to answer. Winona ran out once Spike opened it. “Hello….whoa, an alicorn, hello there, can I help you?”

Winona sniffed around Charles a bit and barked happily at him. Charles smiled down at the dog first. “Hey there Winona, good to see you.” He then turned to Spike. “Hello Spike, guess who’s back.”

Spike looked confused and nervous. “Do I…….know you?”

“Spike, who’s at the door?” Twilight’s voice called.

She soon came up and saw the alicorn petting Winona as she wagged her tail happily. “I don’t know, but he seems to know my name.”

Twilight looked at Charles. “Can I help you sir?”

In his new form, Charles was about the same size as Big Macintosh. Charles felt a little sad that she didn’t recognize him right away, but he knew it was probably something that was sure to happen since he was no longer what he was before. “Um……hey Twilight, I’m back, it’s me…….Charles.”

Twilight narrowed her eyes a bit. “Excuse me?”

Winona barked happily as if to confirm this.

“Twi, what’s goin on?” Applejack’s voice came in. All four of the mares were now together as they looked at the alicorn before them. “Who’s this feller?”
Charles began to try and explain. “Ok, I know this may sound hard to believe, but it’s me, your husband, Charles.”

“Charles, you must be joking.” Rarity stated.

“No really, it’s me.”

Twilight stepped closer and looked deep into his eyes. “Charles, is it really you?”

“It is…..um……surprise….heh heh.” He gave a sheepish smile.

Pinkie exploded with happiness. “CHARLES!” She jumped up and wrapped him in a big hug around his neck. “Oh Charles, we missed you so much!” She then planted a big kiss on his lips. Charles happily returned it.

“Charles, is that really you?” Applejack asked.

Once Pinkie stopped her kiss, Charles was now free to answer. “It is Applejack, and I have a LOT to tell you all, one of them being how it is I look like this now.”

“Pinkie, How do you know that’s Charles, what if it’s just some alicorn trying to pass himself off as Charles?” Rarity asked.

“Why would an alicorn do that, and what is an alicorn doing here, where did he come from?” Twilight asked.

Pinkie answered. “I know its Charles because my Pinkie sense told me.”

“Yer pinkie sense?” Applejack questioned.

“Yep, ever since we got married, I got a pinkie sense that tells me whenever Charles is near. My heart starts racing, my knees get weak, and I start panting heavily for a bit. That’s how I know this is him. You all know my pinkie sense is never wrong.”

Charles looked at Pinkie with a smile. “You have a pinkie sense just for me?”

“Yep.”

That was all the others needed as they jumped him and forced him to the ground in a kissing fit, more than thrilled he was home.

Once they all settled down and had a seat around the couch, Charles finally had a chance to tell them all what happened. He was also happily greeted by his mare’s other pets, Opal Essence, Gummy, and Owlicious. He also had a chance to give Spike a hello hug. “…….so they fused with me and now here I am. And that’s how I got to be like this. So all in all, my mission was a success.”

“That’s wonderful Charles, can we see them?” Twilight asked.

“Sure.” Charles brought up his staff and showed it to the girls. The gems glowed and the alicorns appeared in the room for them all to see.

“Greetings, we are the enlightened five, a pleasure to meet you.” Aeros greeted.

“Girls, meet my new friends, Aeros, Tidal Wave, Flashpoint, Voltage, and Dust. They are also going to be my instructors on how to use the elements of life.”

“It’s nice to meet ya’ll.” Applejack greeted.

“Likewise, you have no idea how good it feels finally be able to meet others.” Flash pointed out.

“Wow, this is so fascinating. It’s nice to meet you, I’m Twilight Sparkle.”

“A pleasure.” Dust said with a bow.

“I am Rarity, nice to meet you all.”

“I’m Applejack, howdy.”

“Oh my gosh, new friends, I love new friends, it’s so nice to meet new friends……HEY, you know what this calls for?”

“A party?” Charles answered.

Pinkie looked at Charles. “How’d you know?”

“Lucky guess. But Pinkie, even though it would be nice to throw them a party, I don’t think they’d be able to enjoy it like us since their just spirits.”

“Awe, that’s too bad. We should still have a party anyway, one to celebrate Charles’s return and transformation!”

Twilight then cut in. “Pinkie, I think we should hold off on that till we tell the princesses about what has happened.”

“Oh, ok.” Pinkie saddened a little at this news.

“So Charles, are you really ok with bein what you are now, not that it matters to us.” Applejack asked.

“Of course I am, I’m perfectly fine with this, I just need to get used to it is all. You all saw how wobbly I was on these legs.” Charles pointed out as he held up his forelegs.

“That’s true, you do need a bit of practice.” Rarity pointed out.

“Spike?” Charles called.

“Yeah?”

“Would you be so kind as to send a letter to the princesses informing them that I’ve returned and was successful in my mission please.”

“Sure thing, no problem.” Spike answered happily.

The enlightened five then disappeared back into the staff.

A few minutes later, there was a knock at the door. “I’ll get it.” Twilight responded. She opened the door and both princesses were there. “Celestia, Luna, welcome, come in.” Twilight gave a bow before allowing them entrance.

“Thank you Twilight.” Celestia said as she entered. Once the princesses were in, the others gave a bow as well.

Charles tried to bow in his new pony form but slipped and fell on his belly. “OOF, ow.”

The princesses looked at him curiously. “Twilight, who is this, and where is Charles?” Luna asked.

Twilight began. “Your majesties, this is Charles, he found the elements of life and they changed him into an alicorn.”

The princesses then looked back at Charles as he stood back up. “Hello your majesties, I have returned and, as you can see, gone through a bit of a transformation.”

“Charles, are you all right, I’m sure we could probably find a way to turn you back if you want.” Celestia pointed out with concern.

“No need princess, I’m fine with this, I’m actually glad this happened, it’s just going to take some getting used to being like this is all. As to how this happened…well.” Charles once again went through the explanation and allowed them to meet the spirits he now had with him.

Once the explanation and introductions were complete, the princesses gave their congratulations to Charles on his success and left. The princesses offered to let his friends know about what happened but Charles wanted to tell them himself. “Well, now to go out and let the others know about this, this is going to be a long day of explanation.”

Rarity cut in before he could leave. “Charles dear, before you go, we do have a bit of news to share with you.”
Charles brought his attention to Rarity. “Yes, what is it?”

Pinkie and Rarity stood next to each other. Pinkie delivered the news. “Me and Rarity are pregnant, we’re going to have babies!”

Charles’s face grew a huge grin at this news. “Really…..you mean…..I….I’m going to be a dad?”

“Indeed dear, isn’t it wonderful?” Rarity asked.

“Ahah, no way, you two are really pregnant, I’m going to be a dad? HA HAH, I don’t believe it! So then that night after our wedding…..?” The two simply nodded. “This is great, so you two are like what, three months in now?”

“Yep.” Pinkie chirped happily.

“I thought you two looked a little more pudgy than before, I didn’t want to say anything cause I didn’t want to insult you but now I know why, this is great!” Charles then had a thought. “Wait, I was human when it happened, does that mean…..I mean….?”

The girls knew what he was trying to ask. Applejack put his fears to rest. “Don’t worry partner, their perfectly healthy ponies.”

“Whew, that’s good, do you know what race they are, earth pony, Pegasus, unicorn,……” He shifted his eyes from side to side. “Alicorn?”

Rarity answered. “We don’t know yet. It’s still too early to tell.”

Pinkie started squeeling. “Oooh, this is so exciting, we’re going to be mothers! And Charles came home in time to see the delivery when they get here.”

“Wow, I’m going to be a dad, I guess I should have expected this at some point. This is wonderful. I can’t wait to tell the others. Girls, I promise tonight is going to be special for you all. For now, let’s go spread the word that I’m back, that is if you all feel up for it.”

“Of course we are.” Twilight answered. “It’ll probably be easier to convince them about you being you if we come along.”

Charles smiled. “All right then, let’s go, It’ll be good walking practice.”

Three months later, Human world, Location: Classified:

Jonathan made his way to the science department of the facility and entered the large lab where the scientists were hard at work. He approached the lead scientist of the team. “Max, is the portal ready yet, have all tests been run?”
The scientist, Max, answered with certainty. “Yes sir, the four man team is ready. Once the portal turns on, the team will pass through, and use the newly developed inter-dimensional communicators we developed to confirm they passed through safely. Once there, they will scout the place they’re in for a day and call us back the next day to inform us of their findings. Then we can begin preparations to send the army through.”

“Good, that subject may have thought he could escape, but he is too valuable to us. We will get him back. Make a note I’ll be joining the team.”

Max grew nervous at this. “WHAT?! But sir, it could be dangerous, we don’t know what this other world is like!”

“So, I’ll be traveling with soldiers, besides, I’ve wielded a gun before, If the team runs into the subject, I want to be there to give him my greetings. Get everything ready, we’ll leave in one hour.”

“Y-yes sir.”

One hour later, Jonathan now stood with a four man team, all in metal bionic suits with helmets and orange visors with high tech looking rifles, each with a large back pack full of supplies. The group stood before a large metal rectangular frame with a base and a ramp leading up to the frame. Jonathan put two fingers to the side of his head and spoke. “All right, we are ready to go, activate the portal.”

“Yes sir.” A voice on the other end responded. A series of lights came on along the frame, a tear in the fabric of reality started to form and copy the shape of the frame. The soldiers and Jonathan Stood before a white whirling vortex, the doorway to an unknown world to find their target.

“All right men, let’s go.” Jonathan gave the order, leading the way to the portal. He was the first to step in, the others followed. They found themselves tumbling through the vortex.

Eventually, they came out and emerged in a grassy field. Jonathan picked himself up and stood tall. “Report, is everyone ok?” Each soldier sounded off confirming their status. Jonathan took off his back pack and kneeled down. He pressed a button on the side to open it. The top slid open and Jonathan pulled out a small communication device. He held it in front and spoke. “This is exploration team. Breach is successful, travel through is possible without injury. We will begin exploration of the land and report our findings tomorrow. Over and out.”

“Confirmed Sir.” Another voice sounded.

The communicator let out a beep as it shut off. “All right, commander, give me a readout of the area.”

One of the soldiers stood in front of Jonathan and held out another device with a screen. “The long range scanner is picking up multiple readings of life forms a few miles ahead, most likely a town.” The soldier offered in a gruff voice.

“Well then, let’s go say hi to the natives and see if they know anything about who we are looking for. Be on your guard, no telling what these life forms are capable of.” Jonathan took the lead as he headed in the direction of the town.

Back with Charles:

Charles was out enjoying the day with his wives as they strolled through the town. He had gotten used to his new alicorn form by now. Twilight and Applejack were looking a little pudgy as well now. They were nearing the west side of Town as they walked and talked. Charles happened to look ahead and saw something that stopped him in his tracks. “No, it can’t be.”

Applejack asked first. “What, what’s wrong sugar cube?”

The girls followed his gaze as they saw the soldiers approaching the edge of town. Charles narrowed his eyes. “Girls, you stay here.” Before the girls could respond, Charles brought his staff off his back and formed his twin swords, then charged off for them.

The soldiers saw Charles coming. They took up a defensive formation and aimed their guns at him, Jonathan stopped all this as he yelled out. “WHOA WHOA, HOLD UP! We come in peace!”

Charles stopped just in front of Jonathan with his left sword at his throat. “YOU! Who are you, and how did you get here?!”

Jonathan raised his hands in a defensive way. “Easy there friend, we come in piece.”

Charles responded with a glare. “Yeah right, your kind isn’t welcome here, I don’t know how you got here, but I suggest you go back where you came from.” Because of the helmet, Charles couldn’t tell it was Jonathan in the mech suit.

Jonathan cocked an eyebrow under his visor. “Hold on, I know that voice, but it can’t be?”

Charles seemed to recognize that voice as well. “I know that voice, but that’s impossible, you can’t be here.”

Jonathan started arrogantly. “Well well, I don’t suppose you were a human like being with wings and magic were you, always on the run from the military, trying to hide so you couldn’t be used as a tool?”

Charles’s eyes narrowed more and glared at the human before him. “You, it can’t be, how did you get here!?”

“HAH, it is you, the subject I’ve always enjoyed hunting. My but you’ve changed, what happened, couldn’t make it as a human so you turned into a mutant hoarse instead?”

Charles spoke through gritted teeth. “I’ll have you know I’m a pony now, and ponies are the dominant species here. Far better creatures than humans, they were much more accepting of me for who I was rather than what I was. I’m proud to call myself one of them.”

“I see, so ponies here are in charge, and what’s with the wings and horn if I may ask?”

“I’m an alicorn now, a creature blessed with flight and magic, rare but not unheard of. Any other questions before I lop off your head?”

“Ooh, so violent, do you really want to do that? Killing me wont’ do anything for you, and we all know how you hate killing unless it’s absolutely necessary.”

“It’ll make me feel better knowing your rotting in hell.”

“Now subject, let’s be-“

“DON’T CALL ME THAT!” Charles shouted. “I have a name now, my name is Charles, and you will do well to remember it.”

“Very well….Charles, perhaps we can have a nice sit down and chat.”

After Jonathan said this, two of the soldiers acted. One on Jonathan’s immediate right quickly wrapped an arm around his neck and pointed his gun at his head. The one on Jonathans left pointed a gun at one of the soldiers. Charles backed up a bit in surprise with his swords at the ready.

The soldier pointing the gun at one of the others spoke with a female voice. “All right, drop your weapons, put them on the ground and back up.”

The one holding Jonathan spoke in a male voice. “Do it, or I’ll shoot him!”

Charles just looked confused now. The two other soldiers complied, they set their weapons down and started backing away to the sides and made their way around the two that held Jonathan Hostage. “Hmph, I should have known you two would try something like this.”

“Shut up you, we are done with you, do what we say and you may live through this.” The male that had Jonathan in a head lock said.

The female kept her gun trained on the other two soldiers. “I want you all to get out of here now, leave or I shoot him.” The soldiers just looked at each other and ran off to where they came from.

The man that had Jonathan in a head lock took his gun and threw him to the ground. “You too, get out of here and don’t come back.”

Jonathan got up, dusted himself off and turned to them. “You two are making a big mistake, you know that.”

The female responded. “The mistake was listening to you, now get out of here.”

Jonathan just started backing up. “Fine, have it your way, but you’re going to regret this.” He then turned and just walked off.

Charles was still confused about what just happened. The two soldiers turned around as they removed their guns and threw them to the ground. Charles looked at the guns, then back at the soldiers. They pushed a small button on their wrists and their suits started to close in and shrink into a bracelet on their arms.

Once Charles could see their faces, he was filled with rage. “You.” He growled out. He quickly levitated the guns and sliced them up into pieces.

The two before him were wearing white lab coats. The female had a short black skirt, black flat heel shoes, a blue blouse and long black hair and glasses.

The male had short blond hair, was wearing blue jeans and a white shirt. “Hello son, long time no see.”

Charles leapt at them and placed both his swords at their necks. “YOU, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TWO DOING HERE!?”

The woman tried to speak. “Now Jason, just calm down.”

“DON’T CALL ME THAT!” Charles pressed his face against the woman. “YOU HAVE NO RIGHT BEING HERE! Of all the people in the world, you two are the last ones I EVER wanted to see!”

By this time, Charles’s wives had come up. “Charles, what’s going on, they just helped didn’t they?” Twilight asked.

“Stay out of this Twilight, this is between me and them.” Charles kept his eyes on the woman.

The two humans eyed the unicorn for a moment. Applejack then came forward. “But who are they, if they just chased off them humans, don’t that mean they’re on our side?”

Rarity then came in. “Who were those humans anyway?”

Charles looked at Rarity as he explained. “That one human that was talking was Jonathan, he’s the one that was always trying to hunt me down back on earth.”

“And what about these two, who are they?” Pinkie asked.

“W-we’re his parents.” The male said. This caused the four to gasp.

Charles turned his glare on the male and walked up to him. “You have no right calling yourselves my parents, not after what you did to me. Do you have any idea what I have been through because of you two!? My life was a living hell because of you! I should chop your heads off right here and now!”

Twilight interjected. “Charles, you can’t be serious?”

“Oh I am serious Twilight, you know how much pain I went through because of them, so why shouldn’t I kill them?”

Twilight put a hoof to his shoulder. “Because they’re your parents.” She answered sweetly.

Charles looked down at her as he saw a sorrow full look. “Do you really think that’s a good enough reason for me to not just cut them up right here and now?”

“I know I do.” Applejack answered as she came up next to Charles on his other side. “They may not have been the best of parents, but they are still your kinfolk, and killin them aint gonna do no good to no pony.”

Rarity then came in. “Please Charles, if they went through the trouble to get here, then they must want to talk.”

Charles’s mother interjected. “She’s right, we just want to talk, please son, just hear us out.”

Charles glared at her. “DON’T……CALL ME….your son, you lost that right years ago!” His blades shook in his magical grasp as he struggled with the decision to kill them or not.

Twilight came in. “Please Charles, for us, don’t do it.”

Charles looked down at her with a frown. He glared back at his parents. “GRRRRRAAAAAAAHHHHH!” He brought his swords back and swiped one to the side sending an energy wave at a tree, slicing it in half. He pointed the tip of one of his swords at them. “One…..chance. That is all your getting, if you try anything funny, I won’t hesitate. Understand?” The two humans nodded. “We do this at my home. You better not try anything.” Charles tapped the handles of his swords together to reform his staff and placed it on his back, then turned and started walking for home.

The four mares turned to the two humans with glares. Twilight got in front of them and poked the female in the chest. “Don’t think that just because we talked him into sparing you we’re on your side.”

Twilight then started walking off. The two humans followed behind. Applejack came in as they started. “Charles told us all about how you two are responsible fer all the pain he went through, I’ve got half a mind ta buck ya’ll myself.”

Pinkie cut in as well. “Yeah, you two were nothing but a pair of meany mean pants to him.”

Rarity then followed up. “While I do agree with them, I am a lady and am not about to share my thoughts on how I feel for it would be considered rude.”

As the four mares and Charles escorted the two humans through town, the humans definitely attracted attention as the ponies stared at them. Not out of fear but curiosity since Charles had been the only human they had seen before until now. As it happened, captain Lightning Thrash came up to them with Dusk Fang and Dawn Fang. “Charles, who are these two, are they humans like you were?”

“Hello captain, yes they are, I’m escorting them to my house for a chat, there is a lot to explain right now but I need to speak with them first if that’s all right.”

“Um, sure, but who are they?”

Charles looked to the side and growled out the answer. “My so called parents.”

Lightning Thrash then looked over to the two humans. He then looked back to Charles. “Them, the ones who turned you into a science experiment as you put it?”

“Unfortunatley, yes. They found a way here with a few other humans, I’m afraid there may be trouble on the horizon, I will inform the princesses right away about this once I get home. If I may, I would like to request a pair of guards to come with me and keep an eye on them.”

“All right, no problem. Dusk Fang, Dawn Fang, you two go with Charles to keep an eye on our new guests.”

The two gave a salute. “Yes sir!” The two flew to the rear of the group. The two humans were startled when the two flew behind them and landed. They faced forward again as they continued on.

Charles’s father spoke up. “Um, if I may ask a question?”

“You may.” Rarity answered.

“How is it you can all talk, and what’s with the horns and wings?”

Twilight answered. “Simple, we’ve always been able to talk, Rarity and myself are unicorns, we can use magic through our horns. The ones with wings are pegasai, Charles mentioned how our kind only existed in fairy tales and stories, couldn’t you tell what we were?”

“I just wanted to make sure.”

Charles’s mother then came in. “And how do you all know our so-“ Charles glanced back at them before she could finish. She knew what that glare meant, she just looked sad. “I mean, how do you know him?”

Applejack answered. “We’re his wives.”

The two humans looked at her surprised. “Excuse me, his wives, all four of you?” The father asked.

“Indeed.” Rarity confirmed. “In this land, such a thing is normal, we all fell for Charles and married him.”

The mother then asked. “And what is this land called?”

Twilight answered. “Equestria, this country is ruled by two alicorn princesses. Princess Celestia and princess Luna, I imagine you’ll get to meet them, not that you deserve such an honor.”

As they walked, Charles was having a mental conversation with his teachers, the enlightened five. Aeros was the first to ask. “So those two are your parents?”

Charles responded back. “Biologicaly speaking, yes.”

Voltage then came in. “The ones that hurt you so bad?”

“Yes again. I can’t believe they’re here.”

Flash point then came in. “I say you should have gone with your instinct and cut em up good.”

“I’m wishing I had, but my wives managed to talk me out of it.”

Dust then came in. “I would have to agree with your wives, they may have done terrible things to you in the past, but they are still your parents.”

“Oh please, as far as I’m concerned, they gave up the right to call themselves my parents the day they betrayed me. They can just rot in the deepest pits of Tartarus for all I care.”

Tidal wave then had a thought. “And what of that human Jonathan, what about him?”

“As I said, he’s the one that hunted me all my life back on earth, the fact that he’s here now can’t be good, I got a feeling this threat I was warned about was him. The humans are coming to Equestria, and it won’t be pretty.”

Author's Note:

And there you have it. The human, Jonathan, has come to Equestria, he is just a prelude of what is to come. More Humans will be on the way and Equestria will be in big trouble. I now send out a call to arms. Any OC's that can be considered OP are requested to aid in the battle that is to come. Please answer the call and send me your OC's through pm that they may aid in the fight, Charles may not be enough.