• Published 22nd Jun 2013
  • 10,673 Views, 595 Comments

The Angel of Equestria - Robobrony



A winged human has come to Equestria and pledged his loyalty to the princesses.

  • ...
54
 595
 10,673

Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Stunner was at the train station as he waited for an old friend of his, it was a few days after Carbon’s wedding and his own was just two days away as well. The pony he was waiting for was his older brothers old CO Zippo. Stunner had invited him to be one of his best stallions for his wedding. Stunner couldn’t help but reminisce about the past as he waited, about how close he and his brother Pyro were. They were as close as two brothers could be.

Stunner was pulled out of his thoughts as the train soon pulled up with a whistle. It let out steam and came to a stop. The doors opened and the stallion Stunner was waiting for emerged. Zippo was a unicorn with gold eyes, a deep red coat, and a blonde mane and tail. His mane was cut high and tight. Upon seeing Stunner, Zippo spoke first. “Stunner, good to see you again, my how you’ve grown.”

Stunner greeted back with a smile. “Thanks, it’s good to see you too.”

“Congratulations on getting married, your brother would be proud of you.”

“I know, I’m very excited about it, I just wish he could be with us.” Stunner’s mood seemed to drop at the mention of his brother.

Zippo did what he could to cheer him up. “Hey now, come on, we’re talking about you getting married. No getting sad now, Pyro would want you to be happy.”

Stunner gave a small smile as he responded. “Yeah, your right. Come on, I’ll show you around town.”

As they left the station, Zippo started up a conversation. “So I understand there’s a bat pony serving as a guard here in Ponyville, correct?”

“Yes there is, he’s been doing a very good job. His name is Black cloud.”

“The citizens haven’t been giving him trouble because of what he is have they?”

“No, they learned their lesson after that one incident some time ago when Echo was here. Most of them are still wary around Black cloud, but they aren’t as disrespectful as before. Especially the element bearers. They have been nice to him.”

“It’s just too bad Echo nearly had to die just for them to learn that lesson.”

A few years back, there was another bat pony serving in the royal guard at Ponyville. His name was echo. Back then, bat ponies were mostly feared and hated because of their appearance. Most found it creepy while others found it scary. A Pegasus by the name of Thunderlane was the worst of them. He and some of his friends wanted to pick a fight with him while he was at Sugar Cube Corner on a date with a mare willing to give him a chance. During the fight, Thunderlane took Pinkie hostage and tried to use her as a shield. Also, Echo had been badly injured.

Echo managed to use a special technique that affects the mind greatly but, if used too long, can have dire consequences on the user. He saved Pinkie Pie that day, but nearly lost his life in the process.

“So it’s safe to say there haven’t been any incidents like that since then?” Zippo asked.

“Yes, just the usual stuff going on around here.”

“And what about this human I’ve heard about, is he around?” Zippo asked with great interest.

“Afraid not, he left some time ago on a mission for the princesses. No telling when he’ll be back. I hope it’s soon though, he’s all right for a non-pony.” Stunner joked with the last line.

So Stunner gave Zippo the tour of Ponyville and showed him around as they talked.

Two days later:

It was a few hours till Stunner would have his wedding, it was to be held among the trees of White Tail Wood. Before that though, Stunner wanted to pay a visit to his older brother’s grave in the Ponyville cemetery. He made his way past a few graves as he thought about the past, his brother, and all they had been through. A chill of sorrow ran throughout his body as he drew closer to his brother’s grave. Memories of the day he lost his brother flooded his mind.

Flash back:

Pyro's story begins 3 months after the capture of Guardian. Pyro and his team is tasked with: 1) rescue any survivors/recover the bodies of the operators from Guardian. 2) Wipe out any terrorists remaining in the mountain. As they infiltrated the cave system, the team encounters a force of 170. The team successfully neutralized all threats, however Pyro was wounded by a spear and was slowly bleeding out. After locating and securing the survivors, the mission took a nasty turn: enemy forces were closing in on the team's position. Pyro, who was slowing the rest of the team down because of his injuries, stayed behind to cover the team's extraction. He holds off wave after wave of hostiles until he slowly got overrun. He then used a Phoenix Unit trademark spell with what little magic he had left, an anti-capture spell named Self Destruct. This spell causes the users to fall asleep before becoming a living bomb. In this case, he wiped out the remaining terrorists and collapsed the cave system on itself. For his act of valor, Pyro was posthumously awarded Equestria's and Saddle Arabia's highest award for valor.

End Flashback:

Stunner now found himself standing at his brother’s grave with tears in his eyes as he grieved. He simply closed his eyes and hung his head. “Pyro, thank you for risking yourself like that, I just wish there was some other way for all of us to escape.”

“Stunner.” An all too familiar voice called out to him.

Stunner lifted his head and was surprised to see something he never thought he’d see again. “Pyro, it can’t be, what’s going on here?”

His brother now stood before him, a unicorn with light blue eyes, a Russian red camo coat, and an ash grey mane and tail with a red stripe running through the center. “Hey there little brother, long time no see.”

“Pyro…..but….you….you’re….”

“I’m glad to see you too bro.” Pyro cut him off.

“How is this possible?”

“Don’t ask me, I’m just as clueless as you are. But while I’m here, I just want to say how proud I am of you. You’ve really grown up, and now you’re getting married to a wonderful mare.”

Stunner forgot the confusing situation of how he was conversing with his dead brother. He just gave a
smile. “Thanks Pyro, I just wish you could be with me when it happens.”

“Come on Stunner, I’ll always be with you, you just won’t see me. As long as you never forget me, I’ll always be by your side, no matter what.”

“Thanks big brother, I could never forget you, and thank you for everything you did for me in life.”

“Hey, don’t mention it, now you better get going, you got a wedding to get to. Just remember, I’ll always be there for you.”

With a last smile, Stunner turns around as his brother fades out and makes his way out of the cemetery and to his wedding.

At the place for the wedding, the royal guards of Ponyville were all gathered, as were the many friends of the ponies there that were getting married. Stunner had Zippo and Storm Chaser acting as his best stallions. Fluttershy had Pinkie, Twilight, and Rarity acting as her bride’s maids. Stunner stood waiting at the altar as Fluttershy began her walk down the isle to the podium. The one conducting the ceremony and marrying them was the same pony that married Carbon and Octavia.

Fluttershy wore a long light green dress with a veil and a few green leaves around her forehead. She had a big smile and was blushing a little as she made her way to take her place next to the stallion she loved. Once she was now standing by Stunner, they turned to face the pastor and he began the ceremony.

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness another bonding of two souls in life and love. Their love is undeniable, their commitment is unquestionable, their dedication is unstoppable. They have chosen to continue down the path of life as one, we here have gathered to give them our blessings and wish them only the best in their new lives together. If there be one here who feels these two should not be wed, speak now or forever be silent.” A moment of silence passed. “Then by the power vested in me by our beloved princesses, Celestia and Luna, I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss.”

The two turned to face each other. Stunner lifted her veil and gazed into her eyes for a moment. Fluttershy just smiled. They moved in closer to one another and shared their first kiss as a newlywed couple. The group present cheered in joy at the union. Even a few of the animals that were there to see the animal loving mare get married chirped and chittered in approval and congratulations.

After the kiss, Fluttershy was blushing more as she looked around at her pony and animal friends all cheering. The two walked down the isle together as a couple now that they were married.

The reception was in full swing. The party was going great as all the ponies talked amongst themselves, ate, and had a good time. Vinyl was working to provide music for the party. A nice wooden stage was set up with speakers and a dance floor in front of the stage. Vinyl was on her mix table making the music.

Vinyl’s voice was heard through the speakers. “All right every pony, I think it’s about time the newlyweds have their first dance together as a married couple, what do you say?” The crowd sounded off in agreement. “Will Stunner and Fluttershy please report to the dance floor, I have a song just for this occasion.”

Stunner looked into Fluttershy’s eyes. “What do you say Fluttershy, may I have this dance.”

“Oh, um, ok….sure.” Fluttershy answered in her usual timid voice. Stunner escorted her onto the dance floor. They wrapped their hooves around each other as the music began.

Once the song was over, Stunner and Fluttershy once again received a round of applause.
The party soon wound down and Fluttershy and Stunner made their way to a waiting carriage to take them away on their honeymoon in Cape Colt. They said their goodbyes and waved as they entered the carriage. The pegasai pulling the carriage took off and flew them away.

Back with Charles, Jumping back ahead two months since his departure:

It had been hours since the massive stone turtle like creature offered Charles a ride across the vast body of glowing water. It was also very clear as he could see pretty far down into it, but still couldn’t see the bottom. As the turtle swam, he also saw a few masses of land along the way with a few glowing plants growing. “Wow, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised to see plants growing down here, but glowing plants?”

“Are you really so surprised to see such a thing creature?” The turtle asked.

“Well yeah, it’s not every day I see glowing plants……in fact, I’ve never seen glowing plants before, and you can call me Charles, not creature please.”

“As you wish.”

“So are there others like you or what, a while ago, I had a run in with this giant horse like tree creature that attacked me. I figured it was because I was in its territory or something.”

“You speak of the tree stompers, it most likely was, they are protective of their territory, as I and my kind are.”

Charles got on all fours to look down at the head of the turtle. “So there are others like you around here?”

“No, I live here alone, our kind are not very sociable, we prefer to keep to ourselves.”

“I see. If I may, can I ask you a question?”

“You may.”

“Have you ever heard of the elements of life?”

“I have, it is the power to control the forces of nature. Why do you ask, are you seeking them?”

Charles sat back down and crossed his legs. “I am, I was warned by the previous king and queen of Equestria that a great danger is coming to Equestria, the elements of life can be used to help defend the country. So I’m on a mission to recover them and gain their power that I might defend my new home.”

“So you got to meet with the old king and queen, fascinating. But what do you mean by new home, has Equestria not been your home all along?”

“I’m surprised with your knowledge you would know that humans don’t exist here, I’m the only one of my kind in Equestria, I arrived here kind of by accident. And it was the best accident that could have happened to me.”

“I see, so you come from another world.”

“Exactly, now back on topic. All I know is that I’m supposed to head south to find a temple that the Elements of life reside in, but I have no idea where this temple is or how far it is. I don’t suppose you could tell me.”

“I do. The temple you seek lies near the very edge of the southern borders of Equestria. You need only keep heading straight once you find your way out of the mountain. There is where you will find what you seek. It will not be much further from the mountain exit, only a week’s flight till you reach it.”

“Thank you for all your help. I’m glad I don’t have much further to go. How much further till we reach the other side of this ocean by the way?”

“You are lucky to have found your way down here, this mountain is like a shortcut to the southern borders of Equestria, if you had gone any way else, it would take you much longer to get to your destination. We will reach the other side in a day’s time.”

Charles was surprised by this. “A DAY, you must be joking. That long?”

“Indeed, as I said, the mountain ocean is vast. You may as well get some rest desciple of the goddesses.”

“Perfect, just perfect. Oh well, might as well take your advice. Thanks again for your help.” Charles decided to go ahead and try to get some sleep so he would be well rested for when he reaches the other side. “We’ve been going for hours and it’ll still be a whole day before we reach the other side. He wasn’t kidding when he said it would be too far for me to fly, no way I would have been able to make it.” Charles laid down and placed his bag under his head to rest.

Jump back a month after Stunner and Fluttershy got married, back in Ponyville:

Carbon and Octavia returned to Ponyville from their honeymoon. The two decided to first stop in to see Lightning Thrash to let him know they were back. They managed to run into him during his rounds near the center of Town. “Lightning Thrash, sir, we’re back.”

“Carbon, good to see you, hello Octavia, welcome back. So I take it you two had a good time during your honeymoon?”

“We did, thank you for asking.” Octavia responded.

“And you’ll never guess what, Octavia is pregnant, I’m going to be a father!”

Lightning’s smile grew bigger then. “Congratulations you two.”

“It gets better…..twins, she’s having twins!”

“HA HA, you old dog, congratulations! Do you know what gender they are?”

Octavia smiled big as she answered. “Not yet, it’s too early to tell. We’ll just have to wait a while before we can find out.”

“I see, I’m very happy for you two. Carbon, welcome back to the force, why don’t you take a couple days off before coming back?”

“Captain, I’ve been off for a whole month, I’m fine to come back to work tomorrow.” Carbon offered.

“All right, you can report in for duty tomorrow at your regular time. I’d better get back to my rounds now, I’ll see you two later. Oh, and by the way, you two got back just in time for my wedding. I’ll be having my wedding soon, Stunner and Fluttershy will be back for it in time as well.”

A few days later, Stunner and Fluttershy did indeed return after their honeymoon. They made their way to the town hall first to let the other guards know they were back. The captain was expecting them as he had the guards gathered together to give them a welcome.

Captain Lightning Thrash was at the front of the group. “Welcome back stunner, Fluttershy, how was your honey moon?”

“Hello captain. It was wonderful. Thanks for meeting us.”

“No problem, glad to have you back.”

“Captain, fellas, I have big news.” Stunner just looked at them. The only one with a straight muzzle was Shadow
Fang. “Fluttershy is pregnant with twins, we’re going to be parents.”

“You too, HAH, congratulations stunner!” Carbon called out.

Stunner was a little confused by this statement. “What do you mean ‘you too’?”

“During mine and Octavia’s honeymoon, she got pregnant, I’m going to be a dad of twins as well.”

Stunner’s smile returned. “That’s great, congratulations Carbon.”

“Thanks. This is someday huh, so many new lives coming into this world among friends.”

Fluttershy finally spoke up. “I know, I’m a little nervous though, I don’t know how to be a mom.”

Stunner turned to face Fluttershy and took her hoof into his. “Fluttershy, you’ll do fine. Just be your usual caring wonderful self and you’ll make a wonderful mother.”

Fluttershy blushed at the compliment with a smile. “You really think so?”

“I know so.” Stunner gave Fluttershy a reassuring kiss on the lips.

Three days later and it was now time for Lighting Thrash’s wedding. Storm Chaser, Carbon, and Stunner were acting as the best stallions for Lightning Thrash while Fluttershy, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie acted as Rainbow Dash’s bride’s maids and Twilight, Octavia, and Vinyl were Derpy’s. This time, the wedding was being held at the Ponyville chapel.
Lightning Thrash Stood at the podium for the wedding. The same pastor stood at the altar to perform the ceremony.

Lightning watched as Derpy and Dash made their way down the isle to meet him. Both wearing beautiful white dresses with their maids right behind them. Once they reached the podium, Derpy stood on Lightning Thrash’s left and Dash on his right. They smiled at each other, then turned to face the pastor.

“And so, we find ourselves here today to join these three hearts in life and love. Clearly, they share a strong bond to want to join together in herdship and walk the path of life as one. We can only marvel at such commitment these three have for one another. Their love is unquestionable, their love undeniable, and their commitment is unbreakable. Should there be one among you that feel these three should not be joined, speak now or forever be silent.” A moment of silence passed. “Then by the power vested in me by our beloved princesses, Celestia and Luna, I hereby pronounce you herd, you may kiss.”

Lighting first turned to Derpy and kissed her lovingly, then turned to Dash and did the same. The crowd cheered for the newly wed as a few tears of joy were shed by Pinkie and Fluttershy. The three walked back down the isle as a herd feeling great joy.

As per usual, the reception was a splendid time as ponies partied and enjoyed their time celebrating the wedding. Once the reception was done, Lightning, Rainbow Dash, and Derpy Hooves said their goodbyes to their friends and made their way to a carriage to be on their way for their honeymoon in Manehatten. So many lives have been joined together while Charles was absent. Because of this, Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Rarity were really starting to miss their husband as time went on, but all they could do was wait for his safe return and hope he comes home soon.

Author's Note:

AN: OK, So I just wanted to get the weddings out of the way with this chapter, they were requests from the ones who submitted the OC’s that got married. And as for the mention of the other bat pony, that was a reference to a story by Jman796. The story is called Letters From A Thousand Miles Away. It’s a good read so far and I suggest you take a look. So now, with the weddings out of the way, we can finally get back to the action. NEX TIME ON THE ANGEL OF EQUESTRIA, Charles finally reaches the temple that holds the elements of life and must pass a test to prove he is worthy of wielding them. Will he succeed, or will he fail? Stay tuned to find out.

(Yeah, I know it’s clear on whether or not he succeeds, I’m just trying to go for dramatics here……..DON’T JUDGE ME!)