• Published 22nd Jun 2013
  • 10,694 Views, 595 Comments

The Angel of Equestria - Robobrony



A winged human has come to Equestria and pledged his loyalty to the princesses.

  • ...
54
 595
 10,694

Chapter 28

Chapter 28

The day was still young as the clouds completely covered the sky and a blanket of snow covered all of Ponyville. Hearths Warming was just five days away and Every pony had all kinds of colorful decorations set up around the town. It was a perfect winter day for a date, which is why Carbon was now off duty, not wearing his armor and weapons, and enjoying it with his marefriend, Octavia. “A beautiful day isn’t it Octavia?”

“Oh yes, a bit cold, but that is to be expected during winter.” Octavia said with a smile. The two were strolling through town as they admired the decorations and such. “Hearths Warming is, without a doubt, my most favorite holiday.”

Carbon agreed. “I don’t know anypony who doesn’t like Hearths Warming the most.” They came to a bridge over the frozen river and stopped to look down.

Octavia looked down at the river just in time to see a couple skate under the bridge with smiles on their muzzles. A thought then entered Octavia’s mind. “Carbon, have you ever been Ice skating before?” She asked with a smile as she looked at him.

Carbon looked back at her. “Well, no, I don’t know how.”

“What do you say we give it a try, It could be fun.”

“Or I could fall flat on my flank.” Carbon’s comment elicited a giggle from Octavia.

“Oh come on, let’s at least try it.” She grabbed Carbon’s hoof and began walking him away to an Ice rink that was set up at the park’s pond. The water around Ponyville always froze up solid, the frozen pond was a popular skating place for couples and herds.

Carbon spoke with a bit of nervousness. “I don’t know about this Octavia.” He said with a frown.

Octavia just smiled at him. “Oh don’t be such a foal. I’ll be right with you the whole time.”

Carbon approached the pony running the skate rental hut and paid for ice skates for himself and Octavia. They found a nearby bench, sat down, and slipped on the skates on their hooves. They approached the rink with other couples and herds skating around. “Octavia, have you ever done this before?”

“Yes, Canterlot has a wonderful Ice skating rink there, I used it every year around winter, so I’m pretty good at it.” She walked on to the ice before Carbon did. “Come on now, I’ll be right here to help you.” She encouraged him with a smile.

“All right.” He said unasuredly. He placed his front right hoof on the ice and tested the balance. He then placed his left hoof on the ice, his front legs wobbled a little under him. He fell down and slid on the ice up to Octavia who just laughed at him.

“Hm hm, not a bad first try Carbon.” She offered a hoof and helped him up. She never let go so Carbon could find his balance.

“Not bad, I told you I would fall flat on my flank.” He said with a smile.

“Technically, it was your belly, but still.” The two then just shared a laugh. “Ok, just keep your eyes on me and I’ll show you how to do this.” She started skating backwards while holding Carbon’s hoof. Carbon looked down every once in a while at his hoofs and back at Octavia. “That’s it, you’re doing good, just keep your eyes on me and try to move with me.” Octavia instructed.

Carbon did as she instructed and was skating along with her as they kept their hooves locked. “Hey, I think I’m starting to get the hang of this.” He smiled.

“Think you’re ready for me to let go now?” Octavia asked.

“I guess so.” Octavia kept her hoof with his as she came up next to him and faced the same direction. They let go of each other’s hoofs and Carbon was able to keep his balance, he was a little wobbly at first as they went along, but Carbon was able to keep himself from falling over.

“There you go, you got it. You’re doing fantastic Carbon.” Octavia cheered.

“Heh heh, yeah, I guess I am. WOO HOO, HA HA!” The couple then just skated around, laughing and having a good time as they enjoyed each other’s company.

At one point, they locked their front hooves and spun each other around as they laughed some more. They then just looked each other in the eyes with light smiles. They stopped their spinning and just looked at one another for a moment. “This has certainly been fun, thanks for teaching me how to skate Octavia.”

“You’re welcome.” The two then shared a loving kiss on the ice. They continued skating around a bit longer.

After they finished skating, they left the ice, returned the skates and continued their walk though Ponyville. Carbon began to speak. “Octavia, this has been a wonderful time with you.” He said as he smiled at her.

She returned the smile. “I had a wonderful time too Carbon.”

“I have some big news to share with you.”

“Really, what is it?”

“Well, Charles proposed to his marefreinds earlier today, and they all said yes.”

Octavia’s smile grew bigger. “How wonderful, that is good news, I’m very happy for them.”

“And, it got me thinking.” He looked away as he said this.

Octavia’s smile dropped into one of curiosity. “Thinking, about what?”

He looked back to her. “About us.” He stopped in his tracks, as did Octavia. “Every day with you has been just wonderful, and today just seemed so magical. And Charles’s proposal got me thinking, maybe it’s time we took the next step in our relationship.”

“Carbon…….what are you saying?”

Carbon turned his whole body in her direction. He took her hoof in his. “Octavia, I want to make every day of my life magical like it was today, and the only way that can happen is with you. It would make me the happiest stallion in the world if you agreed to be my wife……will you marry me Octavia?”

Octavia’s eye’s widened in shock, her smile slowly returned as tears formed in her eyes. “Oh Carbon…..yes, yes I will marry you, oh thank you!” She wrapped her forelegs around his neck and they shared a passionate loving kiss that lasted a good minute or so. As they kissed, a light snow started to fall, as if to celebrate a new union of hearts.

*****

Fluttershy and Stunner had just met up for their own date. They were taking a stroll through Whit Tail Woods, a forest that wasn’t as thick as the Everfree forest. “Isn’t it lovely, I love taking a stroll through the forest at this time, the snow looks so beautiful.” Fluttershy commented.

Stunner, who was also out of uniform, commented. “That’s not the only thing that’s beautiful.” He said with a smile as he looked at Fluttershy.

She smiled and blushed at the comment as she looked to the side, her mane hiding part of her face. “Oh Stunner.”

“No, I mean it, you have the grace and beauty of a butterfly. I bet that’s how you got your name, isn’t it?”

Fluttershy’s blush grew a little. “Um, thank you stunner.”

“You’re welcome.” As they walked, a few birds were seen fluttering about the forest.

“Oh my, it seems some of the birds decided to stay, I hope they’ll be all right.” Fluttershy said with worry.

Stunner looked to Fluttershy to explain. “Have you forgotten, some birds always stick around White Tail Wood at this time of year, some of the ponies in charge of this area take good care of them, remember?”

“Oh, right, I forgot, still, I do worry about them. Winter is such a cold time of year.”

Stunner Chuckled. “He he, that’s what I really like about you Fluttershy, you’re so caring and kind.”

“Well, thank you again Stunner.”

“I mean it Fluttershy, you have so many wonderful traits about you. You are an exquisite mare.”

Fluttershy started blushing again. “Oh my….you really think so?”

“Hey, I wouldn’t be saying it if I didn’t think so. Fluttershy, you’re an amazing pony, you’re kind, caring, gentle, loving, always eager to help out a friend, and you love animals. I can’t tell you how lucky I feel that I have you as a marefriend.”

“u..um…..Stunner, you’re embarrassing me.” She said as her blushing intensified more.

“I gotta say, that’s quite the step Charles took today isn’t it? Asking those four to marry him?”

“Oh, yes, it was, I’m so happy for them.” Fluttershy’s blushing faded.

“Yeah, makes me think he’s luckier than I am, that he’s about to share the rest of his life with the ponies he loves.” He said as he looked straight ahead.

Fluttershy looked at him curiously. “Stunner?”

Stunner stopped in his tracks, Fluttershy walked ahead a little then stopped and turned to look at him. “I can’t help but think, where will we go with our relationship, what do we want out of it?”

“Well, I do enjoy your company and all.”

“That’s just it, I enjoy your company too, and I care about you very much. One might even go so far as to say…..love you, but then….we wouldn’t be dating if we didn’t feel something for each other, would we?”

Fluttershy was getting confused by what Stunner was saying. “I suppose not, but what are you trying to say?

Stunner looked to the side in thought for a moment, then looked back to Fluttershy with a smile, the snow began to lightly fall around them. “Fluttershy, I guess what I’m saying…..is I don’t see why Charles should be the only one who has all the fun. We love each other, we care about each other, we like spending time with each other, so why not do something so we can be together every day?”

Fluttershy started blushing again as if she knew where Stunner was going with this, she stuttered. “St-stunner, wh-what are you s-saying?”

He walked up to her, took her hoof in his, looked her in the eyes, and spoke. “What I’m trying to say…..is I would like it if you would be my wife Fluttershy, why should Charles be the only one to have such a joyous thing happen to him today, will you be my wife, Fluttershy?”

“Oh my…..I….I don’t know…I mean……I……Oh my.” Futtershy was speechless.

Stunner became slightly worried Fluttershy was stuttering, he was afraid that she might say no. “Please Fluttershy, I love you, and I want to spend every day of my life with you, don’t you feel the same way?”

“I…..I…….” Fluttershy paused. She looked into Stunner’s eyes, she looked away for a moment, she slowly turned back to face him, a smile slowly crept on her face as her eyes began to water. “Oh Stunner, of course I’ll marry you, you make me so happy.”

Stunner smiled the biggest smile he could. “Really, you mean it?”

Fluttershy just nodded with her eyes closed. She opened them again and looked at Stunner.

“YAHOOOO, OH YEAH, oh thank you Fluttershy, you have no idea how happy you made me.”

“You’ve made me happy too Stunner, I was just surprised you asked me is all, I’m sorry if I worried you.”

“Not at all Fluttershy, not at all.” The two pressed their lips together in celebration. As they did, they heard birds chirping and wings flapping. They broke their kiss and looked around, there was a flock of birds perched on the branches of the nearby trees chirping happily and clapping their wings together as if to congratulate them on their new union. They looked around to see all the birds, they then looked back at each other with smiles and laughed a little. They kissed again and continued with their date.

*****

Sweet Apple Acres was a buzz with ponies going around, some were helping in the kitchen to make a big dinner for every pony, while others just sat around and chatted up a storm. Charles took a seat on the couch. As soon as he did, Marble Pie and Limestone Pie quickly rushed up and took sides of him as they looked at him dreamily. “Uh….hey girls, can I help you with something?” He asked them nervously.

Marble answered. “No, just admiring you is all.”

“Yeah, you don’t mind do you?” Limestone asked.

“Uh, he he, Pinkie Pie!” Charles called out. Pinkie hopped over.

“Hey Charles, what’s up?”

“Pinkie, do you think you could help me out here.” He asked pleadingly.

Pinkie giggled with a snort. “He ha ha *Snort* oh Charles, they just have a bit of a crush on you.”

“I noticed, do you think you could explain to them that I’m happy with the mare friends I have and not really looking for any more.”

The two mares sitting next to him frowned. “Awwe, really?" Marble said.

Charles looked at her. “Look girls, I’m sorry, I’m sure you two are fine mares, and you do look pretty and all, but I don’t know if I could handle two more marefriends.”

Limestone then chimed in. “Are you sure, we wouldn’t need much.”

Marble came in. “Yeah, come on.”

Charles continued. “I’m sorry girls, but that’s how it is.” The two mares just got off the couch and slunk away. “Oh boy, I hope I didn’t hurt their feelings.”

“Don’t worry, they’ll be fine, it’s just, they don’t get to meet too many stallions. They do work on my family’s rock farm, and it’s pretty far away from any town.”

“Geeze, now I really feel bad for them.”

Twilight then got to the center of the room to make an announcement. “Attention every pony, attention please!” The ponies all stopped talking and gathered around to hear her. “Thank you. Would my friends please join me up here, and Charles?” Pinkie, Rarity, Applejack, and Charles all lined up next to Twilight. “All right everypony, now that we’re all gathered here, it’s time to make the announcement and tell you all the big news we mentioned.”

Rarity’s parents already knew the announcement, but they kept quiet about it.

Twilight continued. “As you all know, me and my three friends here have been dating Charles, he is a wonderful stallion and has saved us and Ponyville on multible occasions, we feel very lucky to be with him. Earlier today, he asked us a very important question, and we all agreed.” She paused for a moment. “He asked us to marry him and we all said yes!”

The room erupted with chatter of joy and congratulations. “MARRIED!?” Shinning called out. This silenced the room. “Now hold on, Twilight, are you sure you’re ready for this?” he asked as he stepped forward.

Twilight cocked an eyebrow at him. “Of course I’m ready, I wouldn’t have said yes if I wasn’t.”

“But are you absolutely sure, I mean, this is a big step. Do you really think your ready for this?”

Twilight narrowed her eyes at her brother. “Shinning, what are you getting at, I’m agrown mare, I can make my own decisions.”

“I just don’t want you jumping into something without being prepared.”

Night Light stepped forward to intercede. “Now Shinning…..”

Twilight cut him off. “Jumping in to something, Shinning, me and Charles have been together for months now, you know he’s a good person.”

Twilight Velvet tried to interject. “Shinning dear, I think….”

Shinning interrupted. “It isn’t a matter of whether or not he’s good, it’s a matter of whether or not your ready.”

Twilight was now glaring daggers at Shinning. “I can’t believe you, you aren’t my father, I can make my own decisions Shinning. I am a grown mare and I want to do this, you have no right to tell me what I can and can’t do with my life, so why don’t you just…..BUCK OFF!” Twilight then stormed off down a hall way and went to the room at the far end, slamming the door shut.

The room was filled with an awkward silence. Night Light finally broke the silence. “Shinning, your mother and I would like a word with you in private.” Night Light addressed every pony in the room. “Everyone, I’m sorry for my son, please go about your business.” Night light and Velvet then started to walk off, but not before Velvet said something to Charles.

“Dear, maybe you should go talk to her and see if you can calm her down.”

“Me, but….I don’t know what to say.” Charles was nervous now.

Velvet gave him a smile. “You’ll think of something, she is your marefriend and future wife, this will be good practice for you.” She then went to join her husband and son.

Charles looked down the hallway nervously. The girls came up to him, Rarity spoke first. “Don’t worry dear, you’ll do fine, just…..speak from the heart.”

Pinkie encouraged. “Yeah, just talk to her and let her know things will be fine, you can do it.”

“Well, ok, I should try to talk to her.” Charles then headed down the hall and to the room Twilight went into.

Applejack’s parents then came up to her. Appleseed started. “Applejack, can we talk in private, there’s something I need to discuss with you, let’s go to the barn.”

Applejack answered confusedly. “Uh, ok, sure thing dad.” Applejack and her parents then headed out the door to the barn.

Charles knocked on the door and cracked it open. “Twilight, can I come in?” He saw her lying on the bed in the room with her back facing him.

Twilight looked up and behind her at Charles. “Hey Charles, of course you can.”

He closed the door right behind him and stood there a moment as he spoke. “So…..what was all that about huh, he he.” He gave a light chuckle. He then made his way over to the bed, around it, and sat down so he was next to Twilight.

Twilight narrowed her eyes a bit. “Ugh, that Shining, sometimes I just want to…..to….GRRR!” She made a choking motion with her front hooves as she spoke. “Gah, I can’t BELIEVE him sometimes.” She was breathing heavily.

Charles placed a hand on the back of her kneck and started stroking her mane to try and calm her down. “Whoa, Twilight, calm down, I’m sure he had his reasons.”

Twilight cocked an eyebrow at Charles as she looked at him. “Don’t tell me your defending him?”

“NO, of course not, I mean…..well…maybe…..look, he’s your brother right?” Twilight nodded. “And as a good brother should, he cares about you right?”

“Yes, but that doesn’t give him the right to try and tell me what I can and can’t do with my life, I’m a grown mare, I can handle myself.”

“And I don’t think that’s what he thinks, I think you just took his concern for you the wrong way.”

Twilight’s look softened. “What do you mean?”

Charles removed his hand from Twilight’s back. “Did he just come out and say ‘Twilight, I forbid you to marry Charles, you are not ready for it.’” He said in his best Shining armor impression.

Twilight giggled at Charles’s impression of her brother. “Hm hm hm, no, he didn’t.”

“Right, all I heard him saying was, are you ready, are you sure you’re ready, do you really feel ready for this. What I gathered was he just wanted you to make sure you’re ready for marriage, I mean, it is a big step in life after all.”

Twilight adjusted her position and lay herself across Charles’s lap, he placed his hand back on Twilight’s back and continued stroking her. “Yeah, I guess you’re right, I just wish he didn’t have to make such a big scene out there like that, then again, he never was one for subtlety.” Twilight giggled again.

“There ya go, see, he was just trying to look out for you like any big brother should. So what do ya say, can you forgive him?”

“Well, he’ll have to apologize for making such a scene first. Then I’ll consider forgiving him.”

“Fair enough.”

Twilight looked up at Charles with a smile. “Thanks Charles, you really know how to cheer me up.” She then sat up, pressed a hoof on Charles’s shoulder and was looking at him with half lidded eyes. She then leaned in and the two shared a kiss.

After they broke apart, Charles spoke. “Glad I could help, now come on, let’s go rejoin the others.”

Twilight then pouted playfully. “Awwe, do we have to, I was hoping we could have some fun by ourselves here.”

Charles chuckled at Twilight. “Heh he, sorry Twilight, but I don’t think that would be a good idea with all those ponies out there, besides, we’ll have plenty of time to do things like that when we’re alone.” Twilight hopped off the bed and walked out of the room with Charles.

*****

Out in the barn, Applejack was having a discussion with her parents. “You WHAT?!" Applejack shrieked.

“Appleseed, I can’t believe you!” Appletree said in disbelief at what she just herd.

“Now Applejack, I know this is hard ta hear, but you need ta see reason here.” Appleseed said.

“Reason, what reason, how can you just stand there and tell me you don’t want me ta marry Charles!?”
Applejack asked in anger and surprise.

“It’s simple, he ain’t a pony.”

“That’s it, he ain’t a pony?! I can’t believe you dad, so what if he aint’ a pony, he’s a good stallion, and he has saved my life and my friends lives on multiple occasions! He’s a great guy and I love him!”

“His accomplishments aren’t what are in question here, when you wrote us a letter sayin ya were datin a human, I didn’t know what ta think, then news starts comin our way bout a strange creature callin itself a human, runnin around and such. When I finally saw a picture of it fer myself in the papers, I believed ya and figured this was just some silly crush ya had on it and it would pass, but marriage? I’m sorry hun, but I have ta put my hoof down.”

“IT, you’re calling him IT now, I can’t believe I’m hearin this, how can you be so close minded dad, what is wrong with you?! He saved Luna from gettin fried by a DRAGON fer corns sake!”

“Appleseed, I can’t believe I’m hearin this from ya, how can you be so cold?” Appletree asked.

“Stay out of this Appletree, I’m handlin this.”

Applejack was glaring at her dad with such intensity, it could set the barn on fire. “Handlin this….HANDELIN THIS?! Look here, I love Charles, and I’m gonna marry him whether you like it or not!”

Appleseed kept his straight face. “And what about grand foals?”

Applejack let up slightly. “What about em’?”

“Can you look me in the eye and honestly promise me that the two a ya can produce grand foals fer me and yer ma?”

Applejack was trapped there. “Well….I….that is..”

“Exactly, you two are completely different species, I highly doubt you two can make children together.”

“Well, if we want kids, we’ll just adopt.” Applejack answered.

Appleseed lowered his head and shook it as he closed his eyes. “So stubborn.” He looked back at Applejack. “Look, children or no, the fact is he ain’t a pony, and I don’t want no non pony as a son in law. I forbid you two ta get married.”

“You forbid me? You can’t forbid me from marryin who I want! I’m a grown mare, I can make my own decisions and live my life how I want, I am marryin Charles and there aint nothing you er any force on all of Equis can do to stop me, now if’n you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna go rejoin my future husband and herdmates!” Applejack then stormed out of the barn, leaving her parents behind.

Appletree stood in front of her husband. “Appleseed, I can’t believe you, I thought you were better than this. This is our daughter’s happiness we’re talkin about, that should be what matters, not who she’s marryin. As long as Charles makes her happy, that should be enough. Now if you want, you can go and apologize to our daughter, or you can just stay out here in the barn, I’m gonna go and see if I can comfort my daughter.” Appletree then left Appleseed alone.

Author's Note:

The voters have spoken, and the answer was pretty much what I thought it was, things are getting pretty tense here between Applejack and her dad, just wait till next chapter to see if her dad will come around, or if he’ll stay the same close minded mule he showed himself to be.

P.S. I would like to give thanks to Jman for providing the cover art I’m using for this fic, I would like him to think of the parts where his OC’s propose to their mare friends as a thank you. Hope you thought it was romantic enough for them.

HAPPY HEATH’S WARMING