• Published 22nd Jun 2013
  • 10,702 Views, 595 Comments

The Angel of Equestria - Robobrony



A winged human has come to Equestria and pledged his loyalty to the princesses.

  • ...
54
 595
 10,702

Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Charles charged forth with his army of Equestrians and elemental golems at the human army that stood before him. He first changed his staff to his three bladed earth scythe and took to the air. While the humans were busy trying to fend off his army, Charles began his assault on a group of the humans below him. He held his scythe in his magical aura and swung it, sending dirt bombs to the ground below. Upon impact, the bombs exploded like a shrapnel bomb, sending chunks of sharp rocks in all directions. The rocks tor through the human’s armor like nothing, leaving them looking like swiss cheese.

The humans that survived took aim at Charles and fired at him. Charles flew about, dodging and weaving, avoiding fire and swinging his scythe to send more bombs to the ground. While Charles did this, down on the ground on another part of the battle field, the humans were having trouble with the manticores, timberwolves, and elemental golems. “What the hell are these things, the lion beasts are the only ones that seem to stay down!” One soldier cried out before a timberwolf leapt at him and bit inot his armored neck. He cried out in pain as the teeth managed to pierce his armor and more wolves swarmed him.

“How do we stop these thing?!” Another soldier cried out in panic as he fired sparaticly at the wolves. His bullets did no good; the wolves acted as if they didn’t even feel the shots. An earth golem came up behind him without his knowing, raised his left hand and shaped it into a mace, then smashed it down on the human, crushing him to death. The man didn’t even have a chance to scream.

Some of the fire golems slammed their hands into the earth as they kneeled down. They created pillars of lava that erupted from the ground under packs of humans that weren’t under attack by any other creatures on their side, while others fired fireballs at the crowd. Bullets just passed right through them with no harm done to their form. Wind golems created tornadoes to pick up and toss other soldiers, making them easy targets for the fireballs from the fire golems. Water golems snaked through, creating ice spears with their arms, slashing and stabbing all humans they came across. The earth golems simply marched through the human numbers, smashing and crushing all they could.

The lightning golems acted as the fire golems did and fired bolts of lightning at the humans. Any unfortunate soul to get hit by the bolts were fried instantly. The manticores tore through the ranks as they clawed, bit, and stung their way through. Any human that survived getting stung by a manticore was left in agonizing pain from the venom they had.

The dragons soared over the battle field, breathing out streams of flames on the army while others contended with the massive robotic men the humans brought with them. A dragon flew right at one of the metal giants just as it was raising its arm. The dragon clawed at the metal monster’s frame, leaving large gashes. The robot tried to grab the dragon by the waits to toss it off, but the dragon roared and spewed out a turrrent of flames, heating up and melting the head. That was where the pilot of the robot was. The dragon’s flame was so intense, it melted the metal to liquid.

Michael went into his meta-human state, turning completely black with just his eyes looking dark purple with mists of violet emitting from them. He summoned a scythe with a black handle and flew up into the air. He took position above a group of soldiers and pointed the end of his scythe at them. He created a large black and purple sphere at the tip, then sent it flying at the soldiers. They tried to fire at it but the orb just absorbed their shots. It made a low rumbling sound as it flew at them. Upon impacting the ground and engulfing a few soldiers that were on the spot the sphere hit, it exploded and pretty much erased the victims from existence. Michael fired multiple spheres at the army for a bit. This power he used was known as void magic. After a few more shots of his sphere, he called out another attack. “VOID OF OBLIVION!” He fired a small black orb to hover over another large group of soldiers. The orb quickly grew and started sucking up everything nearby like a black hole. The soldiers screamed as they were sucked into the dark orb to never be seen again.

After a bit, he dismissed the black hole and switched to a new power he called void trail. He dismissed his scythe and pointed his hands with his pointer and middle fingers forward. Black energy blades similar to an axe blade formed at his fingertips. Michael flew into the fray and started slashing at the soldiers. They tried to shoot him but he moved too swiftly and dodged while slashing at them. Every soldier he sliced seemed to just disappear with a fading scream. He made a diagonal slice at one with his left then made a horizontal slice with his right on another soldier to his side. He quickly turned and slashed at another soldier behind him.
After Michael changed, Harold did the same. His clothes disappeared and his entire body turned electric blue with the lightning bolt scar on his chest glowing yellow. He had on a pair of blue fighting gloves on his hands. Harold saw Michael use some of his moves and just smirked. “Tch, show off!” He called playfully as he began his work. He took to the air and taunted the soldiers. “Yo, mecha heads! Over here!” He called.

“Engage the target!” A soldier cried out. The soldiers opened fire upon Harold.

“Nice try boys, over here!” He taunted again after moving out of the way of the gunfire. Harold moved so fast it was practically instantaneous. “Nope, over here! Come on, is that the best you can do?” He said as he moved around avoiding enemy fire. He then appeared behind one soldier at the back of the group. He tapped the guy on the shoulder “Hey.” He said with a friendly tone. The soldier jumped and quickly turned around. “Man, you guys aren’t very good at this are you?” He then turned to pure electricity and quickly entered the suit of one of them, causing the armor to short circuit. Harold jumped from one suit to another rapidly, draining them of their power. He emerged from the last soldier at the front of the group and hovered above them. “That was refreshing, now for the coup de grace.” He held out his hand and created an electric orb. Harold gave it a toss and it started growing in size as it approached the army. “EAT THIS YA GOONS!” Harold cried out. A massive electrical explosion erupted and killed every soldier within the vicinity.

Harold then turned his attention to one of the giant robots trying to fight off a dragon. He sped over instantly and flew up to the dragon. “Yo buddy, let me handle this one!” Just as the dragon swiped a claw across the metal giants chest, leaving three gashes in its metal frame. The dragon backed off and went to fight in another part of the battle field. “Time for my favorite move.” The robot’s head turned to him and tried to swipe at him but Harold dove down just in time to avoid it. “HAH, Too slow bro!” He called up from the ground. Harold then started running at sonic speeds around the robot, building up a massive static charge. The robot tried to shoot Harold, but he was moving too fast. Harold fired a small bolt at the center of the circle he was running around between the robots legs. After that, a thin bolt of lightning shot down from the sky and went straight through the robot. Harold ran off from the bot and waited a moment. “And…..BOOM!” Right when he said that, the robot exploded. “I love doing that.”

Charles had switched to his ice staff and fired a few shots of steam bombs into the crowds, creating a burning smokescreen for him. He dove in as the humans stumbled about, trying to see where they were going and find their target. Charles had switched to his curved wind sword and moved silently through the mist, catching his enemies off guard and slicing them up or stabbing them. One soldier turned around just in time to see him as he brought his gun with him in the turn. Charles stopped the gun with a foreleg and glared at the human in the eyes. He thrust his sword right through the humans gut and let him fall to the ground dead. He flipped up and landed just behind another soldier and sliced off his head and continued with his killing spree in the cover of the steam.

Charles was about to strike at another enemy when suddenly a green fireball came out of nowhere and incinerated the human before Charles could get to him. The human screamed in pain as he fell to the ground burning. Charles was surprised at first and looked to where the fireball came from. “Lief Fireheart reporting for duty.” Lief said as he gave a salute.

“Leif? What are you doing here?” Charles asked as he stabbed his sword backwards at a soldier behind him without even looking.

“I’m here to help of course.” Lief stated as he fired another fire ball at an enemy from his horn.

Charles gave a smile. “All right then, I just hope you’ll be able to defend yourself.”

“No worries Charles, I can handle myself just fine.” Lief then went off to help out in the fight.

Lief Fireheart charged forth at a group of enemies and started firing off fireballs from his horn, creating large explosions that incinerated his targets. Fire put up a magic shield around himself to block the bullets from the human’s weapons as he ran. Fire stopped at one point where he was surrounded and created a fire shield to replace his magic one. He focused his fire and expanded the shield to engulf the soldiers around him. They screamed in pain as the fire made their metal suits too hot and burned them alive.

As the battle waged, a group of ten human soldiers managed to break away from the fighting with one of the humans leading them, his suit was white instead of the usual black and had a blue visor. “Come on, let’s move.” The human ordered. “Our sources say the alicorn creature known as Charles has a family here. If we can get to them, we can force him to surrender.” The human commander said. They made their way up to the forcefield Charles had put up and walked into it. The field was meant to keep out stray attacks from hitting the town, but not keep out living beings. The ponies near the gate panicked and ran away as they saw the humans enter their town.

The humans ignored the ponies and kept going. “NOT SO FAST SCUM!” A voice boomed out. It was enough to make the humans stop in their tracks. Lightning Thrash flew down from above and landed in front of the group. “Just where do you think you’re going?” he asked as he glared at them.

The humans took up a defensive stance and lined up, pointing their guns at Lightning. “Out of the way creature, you are not our target!” The lead human proclaimed.

“You want by, you must fight.” Another deep voice sounded from the side. Shadow Fang emerged from an ally way to the side of the humans.

“No humans will get by us.” Another voice proclaimed. Black Cloud swooped down from the sky with Dusk Fang and Dawn Fang.

“You really think you can just trot in here and not expect a fight?” Dawn Fang asked.

“You are sadly mistaken.” Dusk Fang said.

The rest of the guards soon emerged and had the humans surrounded.

“As if Ponyville wouldn’t be protected.” Carbon stated as he held his knives in his aura around himself.

“Don’t think we’re easy just because we’re ponies.” Storm Chaser stated as he brought his large sword from off his back with his left foreleg.

“Captain.” Shadow fang called.

“Yes?” Lightning responded.

“Two minutes.” Is all Shadow Fang said.

Lightning looked at Shadow Fang curiously. “Are you sure?” He asked.

“No sweat, I’ll tear them apart easy.” Shadow responded.

“All right, just try to remember to change back once you’re done. And be careful not to endanger any civilians or homes.”

“Will be like taking candy from baby.” Shadow fang took a few steps forward. The bodark symbol on Shadow’s shoulder began to glow red. Shadow’s eyes started to do the same. His form grew in size, his white fur started to change from short and white to wiry and black. His hooves changed and grew into massive claws. His snout slowly grew and narrowed, his teeth began becoming sharp and long. The human soldiers watched in horror as this bulky stallion changed from a pony into a monstrous large wolf beast. Shadow’s armor had changed in size with him.

“What the hell is that?” one soldier asked.

“Stand your ground, don’t move!” The commanding officer tried to order without showing fear. It was evident though in his eyes and he was obviously sweating in fear. “What the hell is that thing, some kind of were wolf? I thought this place was all lollipops and gumdrops from the reports we got about this world. If something like that exists here, what other nightmares do they have? And I thought those wooden wolves and dragons were bad enough, but this?”

Once Shadow finished his transformation, he stood on his hind legs, showed off his claws as he held them out to his sides with his palms facing upwards and let out a loud ferocious roar. The humans were shaking visibly now as they seemed to start lowering their weapons. “W-what is that thing?” One soldier asked.

“Stand your ground! It’s just another strange creature from this world, it can bleed just like the rest of them! FIRE!” The commander ordered. The soldiers opened fire just as Shadow leapt at them with his jaws open. The bullets ricocheted off Shadow’s armor, one nicked him in the cheek, but it didn’t’ faze him. He dove into the crowd of humans and managed to stomp on two of them. He swiped his left claw at three soldiers in front of him and slashed through their armor, leaving massive bloody scars on their chests and sending them flying backwards into a cart that was left out.

When Shadow landed, the commander had jumped and rolled to the left while three others were knocked in the same direction, four more were thrown to the other side. “FIRE, FIRE, FIRE!” The commander called out. The three soldiers with him picked up their guns and opened fire.

Shadow used the armor on his arm to shield himself. He growled out. “GRRR, you’ll have to do better than that fool.” He snarled out before lunging at them.

As the fight went on, little to the guard’s knowledge, another team of soldiers had snuck in and up to them, hiding behind the houses around the area. “Whoa, what the hell is that?” one of them asked having watched the transformation.

“Never mind, let’s move, we’re on a mission here.” The commander of the squad said. He continued to lead his squad through the town to their destination. A large two story house came into view near the center of town. “All right, there’s the target. We are to capture and contain the ponies in there and take them hostage. MOVE!”

“YES SIR!” The squad of ten responded and charged at the house.

Charles was using his lightning nunchucks to create devastating lightning explosions on the battle field to take care of groups of human soldiers. He had just launched another attack when something got his attention. An echoing crying sound….no…not one voice crying, but…..five, five infant voices crying out in fear in his head. “What, my babies!” He cried out. “NO!” He gritted his teeth in anger. “THOSE LOUSY HUMANS GOT THROUGH!” Charles quickly swapped his weapon into his staff and flew off as fast as he could back to Ponyville. He passed through the barrier he set up and over the walls. He passed over the scene where the guards were. Charles didn’t notice the bloody scene of dead soldiers Shadow Fang killed.

Shadow was back in his pony form by the time Charles flew over. The guards saw him fly overhead only for a second heading for home. “Oh no, something’s wrong.” Lightning said. “Everypony to Charles’s house now!” He ordered. They all galloped off and followed him.

Charles soon came on approach to his house. He stopped and landed in front of it to see a terrible sight. Four of the soldiers held Charles’s wives in a head lock with rifles pointed at their heads. The babies were locked up in a small cage crying. Another soldier held Spike in a head lock as well. “Well well, look who it is.” The commander said. He was holding Pinkie Pie in a head lock with his right arm while pointing a small hand gun at Pinkie’s head with his left hand. “How did you know we were here freak?” The commander asked.

Charles glared at them with gritted teeth. “You lousy scumbags, threatening innocent lives and babies? LET THEM GO! OR I SWEAR I’LL RIP YOU INTO A MILLION PIECES!”

The guards soon caught up to Charles and stood behind him. “BLASTED, where did they come from?” Fuse asked. The guards all got their weapons at the ready.

Charles got his staff and formed his buster flame sword. “LET THEM GO! NOW!”

“Ah ah ah, I wouldn’t do that if I were you. One spark from that horn of yours, and my men will shoot these ponies your so fond of. Drop your weapons or else!”

Charles was seething with anger, but he knew he couldn’t do anything or his wives and little brother would get shot. His weapon shook in his magic grasp. “You…..you cowards….threating innocent lives and hiding behind them like shields? Your nothing but a bunch of weak useless cowards!”

The commander pointed his pistol up in the air. “I won’t say it again. drop your weapons and tell your army to back off.”

“Don’t do it Charles, they’ll just kill us anyway!” Twilight called out.

“Don’t worry about us sugar cube, just do what ya can ta stop them!” Applejack called out too.

“Charles, you can’t give up! Don’t let them win!” Rarity said.

“Quiet mule.” The soldier holding Rarity ordered.

“Don’t you dare call her a mule you bastard!” Charles yelled out.

The soldier pressed the barrel of his gun up against Rarity’s head. Charles recoiled a bit at the sight.

“Captain, what do we do?” Carbon asked.

Carbon was glaring at the humans as well. “It looks like we don’t have much of a choice. Throw down your weapons!” The captain ordered.

“WHAT?!” Charles exclaimed. “You can’t be serious sir!”

“I am serious private, drop your weapon. We can’t let any harm come to them.” Lighting said.

“I know that! This is my family we’re talking about! But we have to do something!” Charles argued.

“And what do you propose we do? If we make one move, they’ll kill your family!”

“Charles!” Pinkie called out. Charles turned to face her. “Please Charles, you have to live, don’t let them win!”

“Shut up, you.” The commander ordered. He then tossed her to the ground and kicked her.

“HEY! LEAVE HER ALONE!” Charles called out.

“Pinkie!” The girls called out.

“Let her….go….you creep.” Spike said as he uselessly struggled to break free of his holder.

The commander pointed the gun right at the back of Pinkie’s head. “Drop your weapons now or I kill her!” The commander ordered.

“You lousy piece of….I’LL KILL YOU IF YOU HURT HER!” Charles yelled out.

The commander quickly pointed his gun at Charles and fired.

“GAH!” Charles’s eyes widened in pain. The bullet struck him in the right side of his chest.

“CHARLES!” The girls and Spike called out.

“Gh…tch…you…rotten…” Charles struggled out as he dropped to the ground, his weapon falling from his aura. Charles closed his eyes with his teeth clenched as he hung his head. He looked up with his left eye open and glared at the human. “You…you’re nothing but a….a coward….you….bastard…” He struggled out.

“CHARLES!” Pinkie called out. She quickly stood up and ran for him.

“Pinkie no!” Rarity called out.

“Pinkie, stop!” Twilight also called.

A shot rang out through the town over the roar of battle that could be heard outside Ponyville. Charles looked up in shock with both eyes just in time to see a blank stare in Pinkie’s eyes as she seemed to slowly fall to the ground. With a thud, she came to a landing. Silence fell over the area. “No.” Spike said quietly to break the silence.

“Pinkie pie.” Twilight said as tears started to form in her eyes.

“It can’t be.” Rarity said with her eyes in the same condition.

“P….Pinkie Pie?” Charles said quietly as he looked at her form lying on the ground motionless. “No….Pinkie Pie….it can’t be….” Charles had completely forgotten his pain as he looked on.

“Stupid pony should have known to stay where she was.” The commander said. “Now, as I was saying, go order your army to surrender or I kill the rest of your family.”

“No….Pinkie….it can’t be….” Charles said again.

“Ch….ch…Charles…” Pinkie said weakly.

“Pinkie Pie?” Charles said. “Pinkie Pie, please tell me you’re ok.” Charles struggled to get up and walked over to her.

“Ch…Charles…..”

Charles reached her and got down on the ground again. “I’m here Pinkie.” Charles looked her over and saw where she was shot. Right in her back at the base of her neck near the center was a hole with blood coming out. “Come on Pinks, you gotta make it. You have daughters to take care of, remember?” He said sadly as tears started to form. He carefully took her in his hooves and turned her over to look her in the eyes. “We’re a family after all. We have kids to look after.” He said through a smile.

Pinkie weakly looked up at Charles with tears in her eyes and a smile. “Charles….you came back….you kept your Pinkie promise.”

Charles was now openly crying. “Of course I did, no pony breaks a pinkie promise, remember? It’s your rule after all.”

“Charles?” Pinkie said weakly.

“Yeah?”

“I’m glad I met you….I’m so glad I got to know love again.”

“Hey….come on now….don’t talk like that…you’ll be fine….you’ll see.” Charles said, keeping his smile through his tears.

“Thank you for everything Charles, I’m glad I met another pony who could bring smiles to the world like I do.” Her eyes slowly started to close.

“Pinkie….Pinkie come on…don’t close your eyes…Pinkie?” No response. “Pinkie? Come on….wake up…PINKIE PIE!”

The three mares and Spike all started crying as Pinkie lay in Charles’s forelegs motionless. The guards lowered their heads in respect, some shedding tears.

“OH boo hoo, get over it. If you don’t want to lose another, then do as I say!” The commander ordered.

Charles hugged Pinkie’s head as he cried and sobbed. “Pinkie….Pinkie please…..this can’t be happening…”

“HEY, are you deaf, I said get out there and order your army to surrender or I’ll kill these ponies and dragon!”

“No….” Charles answered.

The commander cocked an eyebrow. “No?”

Charles gently set Pinkie down as he stood up fully, keeping his head down in a way his mane covered his eyes. “That’s right, I said no. I’m not going to surrender to the likes of you.” He flared out his wings as his head looked up, showing a fierce glare with tears and gritted teeth. “YOU HEAR MEEEEE! I WILL NOT SURRENDER TO YOU!” His eyes started to glow pure white. The ground began to shake, the wind picked up, storm clouds rolled in.

Inside his mind, Charles heard the enlightened five speak as one. “Charles, we give you our last gift, the power of the elements of life combined!”

Charles lowered his head, a pillar of bright white light shot up from him as he cried out in a roar. “GGRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” There was a blinding explosion of magic that erupted from Charles, causing fierce winds to pick up.

Author's Note:

FINALLY, I finally got this written out and got it together for you all. Sorry it took so long, but here you go. I hope the wait was worth it. Hope you liked it.