• Published 22nd Jun 2013
  • 10,694 Views, 595 Comments

The Angel of Equestria - Robobrony



A winged human has come to Equestria and pledged his loyalty to the princesses.

  • ...
54
 595
 10,694

Chapter 48

Chapter 48

As the battle in front of Ponyville began, so too did the battles in front of the other cities. Canterlot had only one defender though, Apex. Though Canterlot was positioned on a mountain, it was not unreachable by the military. They marched up the trail leading to the city to take the town by force with their massive numbers, tanks, and giant robots. Apex stood before the gates of Canterlot to face the army head on, on his own. There was an open enough area in front of Canterlot for a fight. Apex just had to make one move and it would all be over.

The army came to a halt fifty feet away from where Apex stood. He looked out at the army with a stoic expression. “You there, where is your army?” The commander of the force asked.

Apex didn’t respond.

The commander tried again. “I said, where is your army? Is this a surrender?”

“Pathetic creatures.” Apex said.

This time, the commander was speechless.

“I won’t let a single one of you filthy things past this gate. Leave now and go back to your world, or face my wrath.”

The commander was enraged by this. “You dare mock me? I HAVE THOUSANDS OF MEN AT MY COMMAND WITH WEAPONS FAR SUPIRIOR TO WHAT YOU HAVE! Do you really think you can beat us on your own?! This is an INSULT!”

Apex spread out his wings. This caused the soldiers to flinch a bit. “I will destroy you all in one move.” Is all he said.

“What was that?!” The commander asked.

Apex took to the air and began to make his way over the soldiers.

“FIRE, OPEN FIRE!” The commander ordered. The soldiers did so, as well as the tanks and giant robots firing rockets.

Apex used his magic to create a shield around himself for protection. The bullets bounced off, the shots from the tanks and robots did hit and explode, but did no damage, Apex’s magic shield was too much for the soldiers. Once Apex made it to the center of the army, he hovered there a moment, closed his eyes for a couple seconds, then they shot open, reveling his irises had changed. Three swirls now surrounded his irises. He said one word. “Push.” The ground under where he hovered began to move, as if a great force was causing the earth to upturn and move. The soldiers began to panic as a huge wave of dirt and rocks began to rise and spread out. The tanks were upturned from the force and the robots were knocked over and buried completely. The army cried out in fear as they became buried by a massive wave of rocks and dirt.

By the time it was over, not a single soldier, tank, or robot was seen, all buried under the dirt. Apex flew back to the gate to Canterlot and stopped a moment. He looked back over his shoulder at the damage he had caused. Fifty feet away was where the upturned earth stopped. “Pathetic.” Then something caught his eye. Off in the distance in the direction of Ponyville, a large pillar of light was seen rising from the town. Apex could swear he heard a voice yelling out. “What is that?” He asked.

Manehatten:

After Ajax had taken a few pot shots with his sniper, he was starting to get bored just being in the back. “That’s it, I’m getting into the thick of it, this is boring.” He stated. He tucked his sniper rifle back into his coat and pulled out a pair of laser pistols.

Ghoul looked at him with a smirk. “Why bother, my army can handle things just fine here.”

“But that’s boring, I want to get in on the action. Don’t tell me you’re afraid to get your hooves dirty…er…dirtier.”

“Of course not, I know how to fight, I just don’t see the need when my army can take care of this themselves.” Ghoul responded.

“Your loss then, I’m getting in there.”

Ghoul gave a shrug. “As you wish, have fun.”

Ajax smirked, making sure to show off his sharp teeth. “You know it. YAAAAAHHHHHH!” He yelled out as he charged into the fray. He started off by firing his pistols into the army as he ran in. Once he reached the edge of the battle between the undead and the humans, he leapt over a few while taking more shots and killing a few soldiers. He fired with one pistol in one direction, then switched pistols and fired in another. He then pointed both forward and fired a few more shots. He started running through the ranks, killing any soldier that wasn’t being slaughtered by an undead creature.

After a bit of running, he leapt up further, spinning his body and rapidly firing his guns straight down into a crowd of soldiers. They all cried out in pain as the rain of lasers struck them. Ajax came to a landing and slid a couple feet in a kneeling position. He stood back up and continued to fire. “HA HAH, now this is more like it!” He exclaimed. He noticed one of the giant robots get slammed into by one of the dragon skeletons and it started ripping into the robot. Another dragon skeleton slammed into the back of the robot and was doing the same, clawing at it and breathing fire on it.

The dragon on the front of the robot sunk it’s jaws into the robot’s right arm and ripped it off. The other dragon chomped down on the head and ripped that off too. “Nice work boys!” Ajax yelled. The dragons pushed off from the bot and went on to fight others. “All right then, let’s see if I can take one of those suckers down.” He put his guns back in his coat and pulled out a large bazooka sized cannon he held with two hands. The barrel was six inches wide and the whole thing was silver. He placed the weapon up on his shoulder with his hand on the trigger, a simple button on the side.

He pressed it down and small orbs of energy began to gather inside the barrel. A white glow began to form from inside the barrel of the weapon that grew brighter with each passing second. “And….FIRE!” The weapon released a powerful blast of energy that tore through the ranks of the soldiers and up to one of the massive robots. Upon impact, a massive explosion erupted that completely obliterated the surrounding area. The recoil from the shot sent Ajax sliding back three feet.

A scar was left on the land that followed the path of the blast. “BOOYA, bullseye!” He declared. Ajax then quickly placed his weapon back in his coat and pulled out another large gun that he had to hold with two hands. This one wasn’t as big, it looked similar to a Vulcan gun but had one barrel and looked as advanced as his other weaponry. “Time to do some mowing.” He said as he held down the trigger which was similar to any other gun. The weapon fired a rapid, almost continuous stream of red energy bullets that tore through the soldiers. Ajax rotated himself around as he fired. While some of his shots hit the undead creatures, it didn’t matter as they just reformed and continued fighting.

After a while of fighting, Ghoul gave a smirk. “He does seem to be having fun. I suppose I could get in on the action as well, besides, I think now would be a good time to increase my army.” With that, he charged forth himself with his scythe at the ready. He too did the same as Ajax and leapt into the fray, swinging his scythe down and managing to slice a soldier in half down the middle as he fell.
He swung horizontally and sliced another soldier through the midsection, he sliced in the opposite direction, catching another soldier in his wake. One soldier managed to come up to him and fired his weapon at Ghoul. The soldier kept his firing a good ten seconds out of fear. Ghoul was slouching as he took the shots. Once the soldier stopped, he looked even more scared as Ghoul just laughed and raised his head. “He he ha ha ha, FOOLISH CREATURE, YOU CANNOT KILL ME!”

“AAAAAAHHHHHHH!” The soldier screamed out before Ghoul sliced him in half.

“Time to enlarge my forces.” Ghoul stated. He then looked to be in concentration. A moment passed before he started to emit a green gas from his body. The gas spread out across the battle field, encompassing the ground like a mist. Soon, all the dead human soldiers that weren’t in pieces began to rise with moans and empty expressions. “RISE MY ARMY, RISE AND KILL, AH HA HA HA HA!”

“WHAT THE HELL? HE’S TURNING OUR DEAD AGAINST US!” One soldier yelled out.

“WHAT IS HE?! GAH!” Another soldier said before Ghoul sliced him down from the shoulder.

“Do you see? Do you see now?! You cannot stop Ghoul!” Ghoul yelled out with glee.

Ajax was very unnerved at what he saw. “Man, this pony is insane. I’m sure glad he’s on our side.”

“Don’t just stand there, FIGHT!” Ghoul said to Ajax with a smile.

Before they both continued, something caught their eye in the distance. A large pillar of light was shooting up into the sky and parting clouds.

Phillydelphia:

Steele Mane and his group stood at the ready with their weapons out. Fluttershy was positioned on the top of the wall just behind everypony with her weapon out. A long, rectangular barrel divided into three sections, one smaller than the next that stuck out from the right side of her suit.

Pinkie Pie had a large bazooka with a six inch wide barrel. Rainbow Dash had a weapon similar in shape, but had a light green cone in place of a barrel with a pair of antennae on the top of it with two light blue disks on each and red orbs at the top. Electricity was running between them.

Trixie had a pair of weapons, similar in shape to what Fluttershy had but were divided into two sections. Applejack had out a pair of metal tentacles with electricity surging through them. Rarity had a pair of flat rectangular disk launchers divided into two sections. Twilight had a pair of small cannon looking weapons sticking out from her shoulders.

Steel mane had a pair of weapons that were about the same size as Rainbow Dash’s weapons, but had a red orb at the ends of both with light blue disks behind them, the weapons stuck out of Steel’s side. Nightshade Smoke had a large metal hammer at the ready. He gave it a pound and a small amount of electricity surged from the hammer into the ground.

Cameron had a curved blade with a chain wrapped around his left foreleg. Each of the suits provided a pair of energy wings for those that did not have wings. A pair of metal rods with disk like joints were spread out. The energy wings looked solid but see through. Twilight’s were purple, Pinkie’s were pink, Rarity’s were a royal blue, Applejack’s were yellow, and Trixie’s were light blue.

Originally, Twilight’s weapons were a pair of electro-magnetic pulse guns that would shut down any electronic devices that were hit by it. However, since the ponies were fighting humans instead of robots, Steele Mane had to make changes. “Now remember Twilight, your weapons still fire electricity, but it won’t be electro-magnetic pulses. They’ll be like what Rainbow Dash’s weapon fires but smaller. They will still be lethal though.” Steele Mane explained.

Twilight gave a nod. “Got it. Okay everypony, let’s do this!” She exclaimed.

“Cameron, get your stealth suit ready. You’ll be undetectable by the humans with it on, so you should have no trouble sneaking around the battle field.” Steele said to Cameron.

“Got it Steele.” Cameron said with a smile and nod.

The army of humans came to a stop and eyed the team of nine ponies. The commander of the army stepped forward. “Is this some kind of joke? They send nine ponies to defend this town against us?” He asked. Just after he did, a swarm of dragons flew overhead from behind the ponies, some landed behind them with thuds and gave out roars, while others kept in the air. “You were saying?” Rarity said.

The humans at the front of the group cringed. The commander did his best to keep his composure. “Well….so what…your dragons are no match for our robots! Your just a bunch of ponies!”

Nightshade Smoke pounded his hammer in the ground, creating cracks. “Watch your tone filth, we ponies are tougher than you think!”

“Yeah, what he said.” Rainbow Dash agreed as she hovered above the group. “We’re gonna kick your sorry flanks and send you crying home to mommy.”

Trixie then took center stage. “You creatures don’t stand a chance, you face the GREAT AND POWERFUUUULLLL…..”

“Oh great, here we go again.” Dash said with a roll of her eyes.

“TEAM STEELE!” Trixie said with a flourish of her hooves and shot a few blasts from her guns straight up into the air for fireworks. The team looked at her curiously. Trixie got down on all fours. “What?” Is all she asked.

“Well….that’s certainly an improvement from your usual introduction.” Rarity pointed out.

“But of course, Trixie…..I mean, I have learned my lesson, and I am glad to have friends now. But enough talk, we have an army to chase away.”

“Agreed.” Twilight stated.

“If there is nothing else, I say we get started.” Steele stated. “ATTACK!” He called out. The dragons and ponies flew off towards the army to begin their assault.

Cameron made himself invisible with his suit and made his way through the ranks as he struck out with his weapon. Cameron swung his blade above his head and hurled it at a soldier. The tip of his blade struck the soldier right in the chest. Cameron gave a yank and the blade came back to him. No soldier saw what had killed the man. “What the hell was that? How did he die? GAH!” One soldier asked before Cameron stabbed him in the back. Cameron continued with his stealth attacks as the others worked. He would either strike directly with his blade or toss it at others from a distance.

Nightshade Smoke charged into the fray, swinging his hammer like a mad stallion with his magic. Each swing sent a surge of electricity through his target as it sent them flying. He reared up and slammed his hammer down on one soldier that tried to shoot him. Thanks to the built in shields their suits had, not a single bullet could touch the ponies. Nightshade swung his hammer left sending three more soldiers flying. A large blast struck his shield. It caused him to flinch, but was left unharmed. Smoke turned to face the direction the blast came from and saw one of the tanks.

“All right then, you’re next.” Nightshade Smoke said. He ran forth, swinging his hammer left and right at every soldier he passed. As he ran at the tank, it tried firing a few shots at him, but it didn’t slow him down at all thanks to the shield his suit provided. He kept running full speed until he was within a few feet of the tank. He then spread his wings and jumped into the air with his hammer raised. “RAAAHHHHH!” He yelled as he slammed the hammer down on the tank with great force, causing it to scrunch in and bend at the point of impact. A large amount ofelectricity surged from Nightshade Smoke’s hammer which caused the tank to eventually explode. With that done, Nightshade Smoke took it upon himself to take care of the rest of the tanks.

Trixie flew around over head as her twin guns fired off white bursts of energy in rapid succession. The section of the guns doing the firing recoiled with each shot and quickly went back into place. She let loose in crowds of enemies as she swooped down and rolled, doing tricks as she fired off her guns. She bobbed and weaved with grace as she flew about, firing away and avoiding fire.

Rainbow Dash zipped about, shooting off her, as she called it, her ‘Zap cannon’ . Her weapon was basically a lightning gun as it fired off large bolts of pure electricity that looked like lightning. It caused a large explosion of electricity with each hit. She flew low to the ground at great speed, blasting away at every target she could. Normally, she would be having a blast with this since she had fun before in the last fight she and her friends took part in. It was up against a bunch of robots anyway. This time though, she didn’t smile. She kept a stern concentrated look which wasn’t normal for her. This was serious. This time, she was actually taking lives.

Rarity was doing about the same as Rainbow Dash as she too flew around firing off her weapon. It shot out purple energy disks with six curved blades that spun around as they flew through the air. Whenever the disks made contact and stuck to a target, they would cause a small explosion. Rarity was also looking determined as she went about, shooting every soldier she came across.

Even Pinkie Pie, who could usually find fun in anything, wasn’t having fun. But she knew this was something that had to be done, for Equestria’s sake. She galloped around the battle field with her bazooka which fired off large pink balls of energy that caused massive explosions on impact. She even managed to take out a tank or two with it.

Applejack was using her electro-tentacles like lasso’s as she roped soldiers and shocked them to death or tossed them into the air. She whipped one in a sweeping motion to knock a few soldiers on their backs. Then used her other tentacle to slam down on them and sent volts of electricity surging through them. Applejack moved on to another group and whipped and cracked her electro-tentacles about.

Fluttershy was doing a fine job as sniper as she took out the eye’s of one of the giant robots in the back just before a dragon divebombed it and shot a ball of fire at it, causing the robot to explode. “Oh my goodness.” She expressed as she saw it happen. She shook her head and went right back to it, taking out the eyes of the giant robots and trying to shoot out the enemies guns from their hands. She was succeeding at that as well.

Twilight’s twin guns fired small bolts of electricity like Dash’s thunder cannon but was smaller in shots. It was still lethal though, as each hit she made sent a soldier flying back, penetrating their armor and sending them flying back. She too was flying around over head as she fired off at each enemy, looking very determined.

Steele Mane flew about along the ground as he fired his heat rays about. His lasers cut right through the soldiers as he made his way through. He stopped at one point, pointed both his lasers to a point just above him, and fired a continuous beam from them. The two beams met at a point just above Steele Mane’s back and started to form a ball of red energy. Steele flung the ball of concentrated energy forward. It sailed along the ground, completely vaporizing any soldiers it hit. The ball continued on till it hit a tank and caused an explosion. Steele Mane went right back to flying and shooting after that and took out a few other tanks as well as he did.

All the while, not a single one of them said anything. No taunt, no joke, just fighting. After a while of fighting, Pinkie’s sense went off. A single tear fell from her eye and she felt cold. “Guys, something’s wrong, my pinkie sense is going off but I don’t know what it means.” Then, something caught each of their attention. They all paused when they saw a huge pillar of light shoot up into the sky from far away.

“That’s where Ponyville is.” Twilight pointed out through their communication system.

“What on Equis?” Rarity asked.

“What the hay is going on over there?” Rainbow then asked.

“We can’t worry about that now, we have an army we’re fighting, remember?” Steele said to his team. “We just have to hope everything is all right there.”

Pinkie continued. “I don’t know guys, I got a very bad feeling something terrible just happened.”

“We’ll have to figure it out later Pinkie. For now, focus on the fight.” Nightshade Smoke said to her.

Pinkie continued on with the fight, trying her best to ignore the cold feeling she had in her heart.

Heart Wing and his team stood before Las Pegasus in their alicorn forms, ready and waiting to begin their fight. To help with the fight, a large number of dragons stood behind the group and were ready. The army of humans made their approach and came to a halt upon seeing the seven alicorns and hoard of dragons. “This is it girls! No matter what, we can’t let them through!” He announced.

“Don’t you worry none partner, they aint settin one hoof….er...foot…past this here wall.” Applejack declared.

“Quit right, they don’t stand a chance against us and our dragon friends.” Rarity stated.

“We’ll show those meanies not to hurt others.” Pinkie Pie followed up.

“Together, ATTACK!” Heart Wing Called out. The six mares and stallion charged forth into the fray. The dragons let out roars then took to the air and followed behind.

Applejack was the first to open with an attack. She leaped into the air and came crashing down with her front hooves. The ground shook and thousands of large apple trees sprang up from the ground. The apples started shooting off of the trees and let off explosions upon impact in the ranks of the humans. “YEEHAW! I never get tired o’ that.” Each time an apple fired off, another grew instantly to take the previous ones place and fired off again. As the trees acted as artillery for the group, Applejack then created a golden glowing rope with her horn and made a lasso.

She twirled it around above her head and flung it at a group of humans, lassoing them and swinging them about. She then tossed them and went on to use her magic to fire out energy apple shaped blasts of her own about.

Rarity used her magic to summon up gemstones from the earth and fired them off like projectiles. The gems were so sharp and moved at such speed, they went right through each target and into another soldier unfortunate enough to be standing behind the first. Rarity was summoning and firing a multitude of gems in rapid succession, it was like she had multiple machine guns with her.

Rainbow Dash was making use of her speed as she simply flew through the ranks, barging into soldiers and sending them flying. She was moving so fast, she passed by the first bunch she sent flying before they hit the ground while sending another group of soldiers into the air by ramming into them. After a few passes, she flew up and started flying in a large circle. She eventually created a large tornado that looked rainbow colored because of her color scheme. She moved it along the lines of troops near the back as it picked them and a few tanks up and tossed them about. The tanks were left upside down or exploded upon falling to the ground.

Pinkie Pie flew about with her alicorn powered party cannon. It had grown a bit in size and was firing off colorful energy blasts at the giant robots in the back. Each shot decimated one of them in an instant as each shot let off a huge explosion that sent glowing confetti flying about. Upon landing or making contact with a soldier, they exploded too. Pinkie also switched to firing these colorful energy confetti from her horn as well.

Fluttershy was using her magic to create swarms of magical yellow butterflies that flew and spread out quickly. Each one created a large explosion upon striking a soldier. They were seekers and swarmed the enemies. She then turned her attention on any other tanks that were still left and used her magic to summon a few large butterflies half the size of the tanks. They flew at the tanks fast and created massive blasts to destroy them.

Twilight was using her magic to use the elements to her advantage. She was summoning lightning strikes, fire blasts, making the earth shake and throwing large boulders at crowds, summoning water to wash some of them away, and creating tornadoes herself to blow away the troops. She also resorted to using simple magic bolts to shoot at the soldiers and create explosions.

Heart Wing flew over-head and fired a continuous white beam of magic. A second after his pass over, a string of explosions followed that decimated the troops in the area. He fired one magic orb after another to deal with the group of soldiers he took on. All the while, the dragons let loose with streams of flames or fire blasts into the army and fought with the giant robots as well.

A few minutes of fighting, the army’s numbers had severely dwindled. Heart Wing decided it was time to finish this. “Girls, time to end this!” He called out. “I say we bring out the big guns and put an end to these humans!”

“Ah yeah, time to bring it on!” Dash cheered.

“You got it Heart!” Twilight called back.

The team got back together and charged through the ranks, blasting and barreling through the enemies. “Form up! We call upon the god of harmony!” Heart Wing yelled out. With that, they each started to glow a pure color matching their coats. They stopped, turned into orbs of light and shot up into the air, circling around. High in the sky, the orbs came together at a point where the clouds were and parted as a bright light started to glow. A new alicorn appeared from the glow with a pure white coat, shimmering flowing gold mane and tail, gold armor on it’s head, chest, hooves and wings and the cutie mark of each of the bearers of the elements of harmony on it’s chest piece with Heart Wing’s at the center.

It’s eyes were constantly changing color to that of each of the seven ponies that called this alicorn forth. “We are the god of harmony!” The alicorn declared with multiple voices. “Dragons, fall back!” It ordered. The dragons looked to this new alicorn curiously but did as told. They all flew back and hovered above the city. The army of humans…..or what was left of them….were in awe at this new being. “Foolish creatures, now you will pay for your crimes against this world and bringing chaos to this peaceful land!” The god of harmony declared as he lit up his horn with a golden aura. Magic strings of energy flowed from the horn to a point just above it where a golden orb of magic started to form and grow.

“FIRE! FIRE! ON THAT THING!” The commander….or…newly appointed commander as of a few minutes ago…ordered. The humans opened fire but nothing did any good. The bullets bounced off a magic shield the god of harmony had around it.
The magic orb kept growing and growing till it was about two miles wide. The god of harmony raised his head, then let the orb fall. It was a kind of slow pace and the army tried to run upon seeing the orb approach, but it was no good. The orb soon hit the ground and an explosion the likes of which had never been seen erupted and shook the ground, upturning earth and decimating the area. After the dust settled a few minutes later, not a trace of the human army was left. His task complete, the god of harmony began to glow a pure white, he split into seven colorful orbs that reformed into the element bearers.

“That….was…….AWESOME!” Dash declared.

“Well done girls.” Heart Wing said to his friends.

Dash walked up to Heart Wing and nuzzled him. “You did great Heart. You looked so handsome out there.”

Heart nuzzled back. “Thanks Dash. But….if you tell Scootaloo about this, try to leave out the gory parts, I don’t want you giving our new daughter nightmares.”

Dash pulled back and gave a fake look of disgust. “What, you think I want to scar her on purpose?”

Heart smirked. “Ok, fine, I should know you better than that.”

Pinkie then let out a gasp. “*Gasp* Oh no.” She said with a look of worry. A single tear fell from her eye and she felt a cold sadness in her heart.

“Pinkie, what is it?” Twilight asked as she walked up to her. The others looked at her in concern.

“Girls, I just got a bad feeling something terrible just happened.” Pinkie said sadly.

“What? What is it Pinkie dear?” Rarity asked.

“I…I don’t know, I’ve never had a feeling like this before. It’s so….sad and…scary.” Pinkie answered.

It was then that off in the distance, a large pillar of light was seen shooting up into the sky.

“What in tarnation is that?” Applejack asked.

“I don’t know. Do you think it has something to do with what set off Pinkie’s Pinkie sense?” Heart Wing asked.

Hoofington was being protected by Nightshade, the shadow walker, who was currently in his transformed state. He stood as tall as Celestia herself, his coat mane and tail were black. His mane and tail moved like it was fire. His eyes were red with his pitch black irises. His two horns on his head had grown slightly longer than they were before. The others were Solar Runner, who was a changling currently not hiding in his changeling form, and Frost Wing, the blue dragon of ice, who had taken on his full size and was as big as any dragon. There was an army of dragons just behind them as well, ready to set the battle field ablaze. One of the armored dragons approached Frost Wing. “Sire, what is the plan for these weaklings?” He asked.

“We’ll start off with the scorched earth attack.” Frost stated with a grin.

Nightshade and Solar looked up at him. “Scorched what now?” Solar asked.

Frost looked down at them to explain. “It’s a simple attack, you’ll see once we start.” He faced forward again and looked over the human army that stood before him. “All right dragons! On my signal!” He called out. “Ready!” The dragons reared up their heads. “Aim!” They opened their jaws wide. “FIRE!” The dragons then let loose with a barrage of fire bombs at the enemy ranks. Firey explosion after firey explosion rocked the field and it was practically nothing but flames that could be seen as the larger part of the force was incinerated. The screams of the humans burning could be heard.

Solar Runner was impressed. “Wow, nice way to thin out the enemy, but that leaves less action for us.”

Nightshade was impressed as well, but not as much as Solar. The dragons soon ceased their blazing assault. “All right, move in and wipe the rest out!” Frost ordered. The dragons took to the air without missing a beat and soared over what was left of the human army. Frost Wing soon took off too with Nightshade and Solar close behind.

Frost Wing did as his fellow dragons did and let loose with his ice breath upon the humans, freezing them solid in ice. Frost turned his attention to one of the giant robot mechs the humans brought along and flew right at it. The thing raised an arm and started firing missiles at Frost, but he dodged them swiftly and expertly. He slammed into the thing and breathed out his icy breath. It froze the mechanisms of the thing to where it could no longer function. Frost then tore into it and took it apart. He moved on to other targets like other giant bots or tanks or taking out a few humans as he went along.

Solar Runner smiled wickedly as he made use of his changling magic to summon numerous shadowy tentacles from under him to tear into the humans. He was using his magic to produce a shield around himself as well for protection. His tentacles pierced a few soldiers and tossed them about like rag dolls. Solar whipped his tentacles around and slashed and tore the humans apart. “HA, come on you hairless apes, is that all you got!?” He yelled with a grin.

Nightshade made full use of his shadow magic. He had four shadow tentacles sprouting from the base of his neck at the ready. He started off by flying about, summoning and shooting off these shadow orbs into the crowd. He summoned four that appeared around him and went off, only for another to take it’s place. Each shadow orb expanded in an explosion of blackness upon crashing into the ground. He fired a string of them as he flew. Nightshade then had his four tentacles become flat, but still kept their pointy look. He made the ends connect to a point in front of his head as he lowered it.

The things then started spinning and rotating like a drill. Nightshade plowed through the ranks with his makeshift drill. It tore apart any soldier unfortunate enough to get hit by it. He zoomed through the troops a few more times before changing tactics. He stopped and came to a landing. Nightshade summoned a shadow underneath him that sprang out into a multitude of shadow tentacles. They spread out and pierced and slammed into the humans. Nightshade wasn’t about to let up for even a second.

The battle waged on for a good while before dying down and the last of the soldiers were either burned to a crisp, frozen solid, or pieced by a shadow tentacle from Nightshade or Solar Runner. Once the battle ended, the three gathered back together and the dragons met up with them. “Good work men, a job well done.” Frost said to his dragons. He then turned to Nightshade and Solar. “You two did a fine job too, nice work out there.”

Solar smiled. “Thanks, that was actually kind of fun.”

Nightshade cocked an eyebrow. “Fun? Whatever. At least it’s over now. Let’s just hope that’s it and we can go home, I can’t wait to see my family again.”

Just after he said that, a large pillar of light was seen shooting up off in the distance. “What in Equestria?” Solar asked.
“What is that?” Frost asked.

Shade looked on as well with worry. “I don’t know, but I got a bad feeling about this.”

Author's Note:

Finally got this done. Again, sorry it took so long. Hope you like it.