• Published 22nd Jun 2013
  • 10,692 Views, 595 Comments

The Angel of Equestria - Robobrony



A winged human has come to Equestria and pledged his loyalty to the princesses.

  • ...
54
 595
 10,692

Chapter 45

Chapter 45

Many months went by since the day Charles and Discord brought other ponies into their world from others to help with the upcoming war with humans. They had come to Ponyville a few times for visits and it had caused a bit of confusion for some ponies involving the element bearers from the different worlds. The three Rainbow Dashs kept trying to outdo one another in various competitions. The other two Applejacks had come to the original Applejack’s farm, Sweet Apple Acres, and there was a bit of confusion there as well. The others didn’t have any problems much with their other universe selves, though Sweetie Belle had some with three Raritys around her. Not much though since her Rarity was pregnant. Today however was about to change that.

The time had finally come for Rarity and Pinkie Pie to have their foals. Charles was in a bit of a panic when the news came they were ready to deliver because he had no idea what to do. Luckily, Twilight did, she managed to calm him down and talked him into helping the two to the hospital. Applejack, Twilight, Spike, and the CMC were in the waiting room while Charles was with Pinkie and Rarity who were in labor.

It was shortly after the delivery now and Charles and the rest of his family were in the room with Pinkie and Rarity with their new babies. Charles was still in a bit of shock with the full realization that he was now a father. Rarity had given birth to a single unicorn filly. Her mane and tail were a raven black and her coat was a pure white. Her eyes were brown like Charles’s eyes. Pinkie had given birth to twins, one was an earth pony, and the other was a Pegasus. The earth pony was a colt with a light brown coat, a dark brown mane and tail, and blue eyes like his mother. One could say his coat was like chocolate and his man/tail was like dark chocolate.

The Pegasus filly had a light pink coat, a white mane and tail, and green eyes. The others gathered around Rarity, Pinkie, and Charles to get a good look at the new baby ponies as their mothers held them tenderly smiling down at them. “Oh, they’re so cute.” Twilight commented.

“I’ll say, that one has yer eyes Rarity.” Applejack commented.

“So does the earth pony baby.” Spike pointed out.

“Neat, I have a new baby cousin.” Sweetie Belle said.

“Yes dear, it does. I know you two will get along smashingly.” Rarity said as she smiled at her little sister.

“They’re just so cute, I can’t believe I’m a mother now.” Pinkie said as she smiled at her babies and nuzzled them gently.

Rarity turned to Charles who sat between her and Pinkie. “Charles, would you like to hold your new daughter?”

Charles didn’t respond, his eyes kept shifting slightly as he gazed upon the foal Rarity had given birth to, then slowly looked to the twins Pinkie held. He looked back again to Rartiy and the baby.

“Charles, are you all right?” Twilight asked as she noticed the look in his eyes.

“I can’t believe it.” He said quietly.

“What was that sugar cube?” Applejack asked as she looked at Charles curiously.

“I’m…..I’m a dad now.” He said.

“Charles?” Rarity tried again.

It finally worked this time. He looked to Rartiy. “Huh?” Was all he said.

“I asked if you would like to hold your daughter for a moment.” Rarity stated with a smile.

“I….well I…that is…um……” Charles stuttered.

“What’s wrong Charles? You don’t look so good.” Pinkie asked.

Charles turned to her and answered. “It’s just….I can’t believe I’m a father now. I….I don’t know if I can do this. I don’t know how to be a father. What if I mess up? What if I can’t do this? What if…..”

“Charles calm down, you’ll do fine.” Twilight cut him off with a smile. “You’re not alone in this you know. You have all of us to help.”

“That’s right darlin, we’re all in this together remember. We’ll always be around ta help ya figure things out.” Applejack stated.

“Charles, all you have to do is just love them and help take care of them. You’ll do fine, I just know you’ll make a fantastic dad.” Rarity said.

“Besides, it’s not like you have much of a choice now.” Twilight stated.

Charles smiled at their words. “Yeah, you’re right. It’s just….I never pictured myself as a father figure. And now, here I am with three kids here.”

“And a few more on the way remember?” Pinkie stated.

Charles looked over to Pinkie with a smile. “Yeah, I remember.”

Rarity got his attention again. “So, would you like to hold your daughter?”

Charles got closer to Rarity with a smile as he looked down at his daughter, she in turn looked up at him with new eyes, carefully looking at him. “Sure, I would love to.” He answered with a smile. Rarity carefully hooved over the baby and he took her gently into his forelegs. “Hey there little lady, I’m your new dad. I promise to do my best for you and take care of you.”

The little baby smiled at him and reached up to him with her little forelegs. Charles brought his muzzle closer to her. She grabbed hold of his nose and smiled bigger, making goo goo noises. Charles laughed at her. “Awe, aren’t you a curious one.” He cooed.

After a minute, Rarity finally asked. “So what shall we name her?”

“How about crystal?” Charles suggested.

Rarity agreed with that. “That sounds like a lovely name Charles.” She turned to the others. “What do you all think?”

“I think it sound beautiful.” Twilight agreed.

“Yeah, that sounds great.” Spike sounded off. The rest followed with agreement as well.

“Then Crystal it is.” Charles said. He gazed back down at the little filly in his forelegs. “Welcome to the world Crystal.”

The little foal giggled as if to agree with her name. Charles gave the baby back to Rarity. Pinkie then got his attention. “Charles, don’t forget about your other daughter and son.”

Charles turned to Pinkie with a smile. “Of course not.” He got closer to Pinkie and Charles managed to take them both gently and held them in each of his forelegs. “Hey there you two. Welcome to the world. I’m your dad and I promise to take good care of you.” He said to the two foals as they gazed up at him.

“So what shall we call these two?” Pinkie asked happily.

“Let’s see…..I think it should be something sweet sounding since they came from such a sweet pony.” Charles commented. “Let’s see….for the colt, I think…….Chocolate Chip. Since he’s pretty much the same color as chocolate.”

“Ooh, I like the sound of that. It sounds so sweet. I like it.” Pinkie agreed happily. The others sounded off as well.

“Now as for the filly, I’m thinking……Cherry Vanilla, because her colors remind me of a cherry vanilla sundae.” Charles stated.

“That sounds real sweet.” Scootaloo said with a smile.

“I like it too.” Apple Bloom sounded off.

“Same here.” Sweetie Belle chimed in.

Charles smiled at every pony in the room. “Then Cherry Vanilla it is.” Charles looked back down at the foals in his forelegs. “Hello there Chocolate chip, Cherry Vanilla, I just know you two are going to do great in this world.” Charles sat there and held the two for a while as they just talked a bit. Charles gave the babies back to Pinkie and just sat there between Rarity and Pinkie.

“Charles, there is something I forgot to tell you that you should know.” Twilight said.

Charles looked to Twilight to hear her out. “Yeah, what’s that?”

“You see….Unicorns tend to have a kind of psychic link with their children.”

Charles looked at her curiously. Psychic link? You mean that you can read your children’s thoughts?”

“Not to that extent. What I mean is that you’ll be able to detect what their feeling.” Twilight informed. “That way, it’ll be a little easier to figure out what they want when they get upset.”

I’ll be able to? You mean, I’ll be able to sense their emotions?” Charles asked.

“Indeed darling. I will be able to sense what Crystal is feeling like you will, but not with the twins Pinkie had. But you’ll be able too with all your children.” Rarity stated.

Charles turned to Rarity. “Is this a permanent thing?” He asked.

“Yes dear, it is.” Rarity answered. “Are you ok with this?” She asked with concern.

“Well it’s not like I have much of a choice from what I understand. But….yeah.” He smiled. “I think I like this idea. It would be easier to help calm them down when they start crying and are upset about something. I think I can live with this.”

“Glad ta hear it partner.” Applejack stated.

“Yeah, it’ll be a big help to me and Applejack since we’re not unicorns.” Pinkie stated.

Later in the day after the family was excused from the hospital, they went to see the rest of their friends and introduced them to the new additions to their family. Rarity had Crystal in a stroller with Charles pushing her along with his magic, along with Chocolate Chip and Cherry Vanilla in a two seat stroller. Charles walked along with the two strollers on either side of him smiling the whole time, their mother’s next to them with the rest of the family on either side.

Crystal’s stroller was purple while Cherry and Chocolate’s stroller was pink on one side and brown on the other. The strollers were a gift from Lightning Thrash as a congratulations on the new family, they weren’t that color when they were given to the mares, but Twilight figured it would be nice if the strollers matched their respective mother. So she used a spell to change the colors of the strollers. Cherry Vanilla and Chocolate Chip giggled happily as Pinkie talked to them and made funny sounds while Crystal was smiling while her mother talked to her. Mainly, Rarity was just voicing her plans to raise Crystal into a proper lady, but Crystal didn’t mind since she didn’t really understand. She was just glad to have her mother nearby.

The family came to the park to enjoy the rest of the day and sit a spell. They sat in a circle with the babies at the center to let them explore a bit under supervision. “Hoo wee, I can’t wait fer my youngin ta come out. I get so tired just walkin around.” Applejack stated as she plopped down feeling tired.

“Tell me about it, I can barely get any work done.” Twilight agreed. “Thanks again for all your help during this time Spike, I really appreciate it.” Twilight said as she smiled at Spike.

“I’m glad to help Twilight, you know that.” Spike responded.

Applejack then turned to Charles. “And Charles, I really appreciate ya takin my place at the farm ta help with the harvestin since I couldn’t.”

Charles smiled at Applejack. “Hey, anything for my mares.”

Crystal had crawled over to her father with a smile and stuck her little forelegs out. “Ah ah.” She said as she reached out.
Charles smiled at her as he realized she wanted him to hold her. “Awe look, she wants her daddy.” Rarity cooed.

Charles smiled at the little filly. “Oh, does Crystal want daddy to hold her?” Charles cooed. He picked her up and hugged her gently. “You are so cute, I just know you’ll grow up beautiful like your mother.”

Soon, the twins had crawled over as well and looked a little sad. Charles saw this and got his first taste of the psychic link Twilight and Rarity were talking about. He could sense an emotion of what was perhaps jealousy. “I think they’re jealous.” He pointed out.

“I think your right. Look at them.” Sweetie Belle pointed out. The little twins had their forelegs outstretched to Charles as well. Charles smiled at the two and managed to pick them up as well in his other foreleg. He held them close and all three hugged him.

The four mares smiled at the scene. “Aint that sweet, they look so cute together.” Applejack commented.

Charles set them down again after a moment and just watched them. It wasn’t long before Rainbow Dash swooped in while Fluttershy hovered in close behind and landed near the group. “Hey girls, glad to see you two out of the hospital. OH, are those the new babies?” Rainbow Dash asked excitedly.

Fluttershy smiled as she looked at the three little ponies. “Awe, they’re so cute. What are their names?” She cooed.

Scootaloo took care of introductions. “Hey Rainbow Dash. This is Chocolate Chip, Cherry Vanilla, and Crystal.”

“What wonderful names.” Fluttershy commented.

“Eh, you should have asked me to pick names, I would have come up with something awesome.” Rainbow commented with a wave of a hoof.

“Excuse me, but I’m the one that came up with the names and every pony else thought they were nice.” Charles stated.

Rainbow gave a sheepish smile as Charles and Rarity glared at her. “Uh, sorry. You know, forget I said that, those names sound really nice, heh heh.”

“I should think so, Crystal sounds so elegant for a mare’s name, don’t you think?” Rarity asked.

“Of course it does.” Rainbow quickly agreed.

Charles rolled his eyes.

The three little ponies crawled over to the two newcomers. Chocolate was between his sisters with Cherry on his left and Crystal on his right. The three looked at the two in curiosity.

Fluttershy smiled down at them. “Hello there little ones, I’m Fluttershy, it’s very nice to meet you.” She said as she got down on the ground and gave them a gentle smile.

Cherry Vanilla decided to be the brave one and approached the cream colored Pegasus. She thought the mane looked tasty and put some of it in her mouth. “Oh my.” Fluttershy commented.

“No no Cherry, we don’t eat hair.” Pinkie said as she made her way over and picked Cherry up. “Now Cherry, this is Fluttershy, she’s a friend, and we don’t eat other friend’s manes, in fact, we don’t eat mane’s at all, ok?” Cherry just giggled and hugged her mommy. Pinkie smiled big as she hugged back. “Sorry about that Fluttershy.”

“Oh, that’s ok, no harm done. She was just curious is all.” Fluttershy brushed the little incident aside.

Chocolate decided to be brave next and crawled closer to Rainbow Dash. Dash looked down with a light smile. “Hey there, names Rainbow Dash.” Chocolate just looked at her, Dash just looked back. This lasted a good few seconds before dash felt something pull her tail. “HEY!” She exclaimed as she looked back behind her and saw Crystal tugging at her tail with her mouth.

“Crystal no, get that out of your mouth, you don’t know where it’s been.” Rarity said as she quickly trotted over and picked up her baby.

Rainbow seemed to take offense to that. “Excuse me? I do take showers you know.”

“I know, but when was the last time you took one?” Rarity asked.

“Um….about a week ago?” Dash guessed.

Rarity rolled her eyes. “That is exactly what I’m talking about, you should take one every day. Not once every week.” Crystal reached her forelegs out to Dash making baby sounds. Rarity looked to her child.

“What with her?” Dash asked.

Charles answered. “She likes your mane, I think she wants you to hold her.”

“How do you know that?” Dash asked.

“She’s a baby, babies like bright colors, and your mane and tail are full of them. You’re going to be popular with the babies Dash.” Charles said with a smile. “You would make a great baby sitter, all you have to do is be nearby and the kids won’t want to leave.” He joked.

“Hah hah, very funny.” Dash stated with a smirk. The rest soon joined in the laughter as well.

As it died down, Charles’s expression fell a bit as he frowned and hung his head. Fluttershy saw this first. “Charles, what’s wrong?” She asked gently.

The others looked to him too and saw his expression. “Is somethin wrong sugar cube?” Applejack then asked.

Charles gave a sigh before responding. “I’m just sorry our kids are being brought into a world on the verge of a war. They should have come to this world during a time of peace, not when we’re getting ready for a battle.”

Twilight came up to him and looked him in the eye. “Charles, this is something that couldn’t be helped. I don’t like it either, but we didn’t really have much of a choice. Everything will be fine, I promise.” She tried to assure Charles.

Charles looked back at Twilight as he responded. “I hope your right Twilight.” He smiled again. “You all better believe I’ll do everything in my power to keep you all safe and unharmed. As long as I live, I’ll do what I can to make sure not a single pony is taken by those rotten humans that are coming, and not a single pony will get hurt either.”

“That’s the spirit Charles, and don’t forget, you’re not alone in this.” Rainbow Dash pointed out.

“Yeah, don’t forget all those other ponies and those two humans that are here to help.” Pinkie pointed out.

Charles turned to Pinkie. “I haven’t forgotten. I know they’ll do their best, just as I will too.”

“That is all any pony can ask of you Charles.” Twilight stated with a smile.

Charles smiled back, then to all the ponies around him. “Thanks girls, I’m so lucky to have you all.”

XXX

Much time passed since the day Pinkie and Rarity gave birth to their kids. Twilight and Applejack had their kids two months later. Twilight had given birth to a unicorn filly. The filly had a light blue coat with a dark purple mane and tail with a single white stripe through them, and purple eyes. She was named Starbeam.

Applejack had an earth pony colt. He had a red coat, a blond mane and tail and yellow eyes. He was named Applesauce. It was Charles’s idea, he liked the thought of Applejack’s kid keeping to an apple themed name since the rest of her family had names that referred to apples or apple treats. Some time had passed since all four mares gave birth to their children and Charles had gotten used to the whole ‘being a father’ thing as well as getting used to the psychic link he had with his kids.

Spike was a big help as well when it came to helping take care of the children. The three fillies known as the cutie mark crusaders wanted to try and get their cutie marks in babysitting but none of the mares that were the mothers would allow it, neither would Charles. They were turned away politely and the three were disappointed.

Some more good news came in the time span that passed. Scootaloo was finally up and flying thanks to Rainbow Dash’s coaching. Scootaloo couldn’t be happier now that she could get up in the air and fly around like her hero and mentor. Charles gave his congratulations as well to his adopted little sister.

The ponies of Ponyville didn’t like the walls Charles erected at first but soon got used to it. Because of them though, it took a little longer for the morning light to reach some homes and some of the ponies weren’t really happy about it while others were just fine with it.

The day Charles dreaded finally came. He was out on his regular patrol of the town near the west side coming to the edge and walked out the large archway there when he saw something he had hoped he would never see. Ten armed and armored humans were on approach escorting one human in a grey suit with a black tie. Charles grew angrey at the sight. “So, you finally arrived.” Charles readied his staff and summoned his large fire sword. He charged forth, ready to rip into them mercilessly already. “YOU LOUSY HUMANS!” He screamed as he charged.

The humans readied their high tech looking rifles. “HALT!” The suited man screamed. “WE WISH TO TALK!”

This surprised Charles enough to actually stop in his tracks with his large flaming sword mere inches away from taking off the suited humans head. “You lousy human scum, HOW DARE YOU COME HERE AND BRING WAR TO THIS PEACFUL LAND!” Charles yelled. “What makes you think I will listen to ANYTHING you say?”

The suited human was a little intimidated. He was a stout figure with a balding head. He held a cigar in his teeth. He took it out with his right hand and spoke. “From the reports, I understand you are the one we once had in our facility, yes?”

“Yeah, what of it?” Charles asked as he glared at them.

The suited man smiled. “Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Barnaby. I’m the one in charge of the facility you were held in and tested on.”

Charles’s glare intensified. “That isn’t exactly helping you.”

“I didn’t think it would. Just hear me out. We can have this go peacefully. There really is no need for bloodshed and war.”

Charles raised an eyebrow at the statement. He carefully pulled his sword back with his magic but kept it at the ready. “What are you talking about, aren’t you here to capture the ponies of this world so you can study them and learn how to replicate the magic they possess?”

“That all depends on you.” Barnaby stated with a smirk.

“What do you mean it depends on me?” Charles asked.

“Look, I’m a reasonable man. I see no need to go through so much hassle when the answer to all this is simple. You care about this world don’t you?”

“Yeah, I do, so what? This world was far more accepting of me than you humans on earth. These ponies liked me for who I am and not what I am. They became my friends, and now, thanks to them, I have a family.”

Barnaby clasped his hands together still holding his smoking cigar. “How sweet, and you want to protect that family don’t you?”

“Of course I do, just get to the point human, I’m running out of patience and am more than ready to take your head.” Charles said through gritted teeth.

Barnaby gave him a flat look. He then plastered on a smile before continuing. “My point is this. We want a creature of great power from this world we can study and learn to duplicate their abilities for the soldiers on earth. Just one.” He emphasized as he held up one finger. “If you agree to come back to earth with me so my team of scientists can study your body, then we will leave peacefully and war will never have to happen. So what do you say, come with us and we leave peacefully, or are we going to have a war on our hands you can’t possibly hope to win and so many innocent ponies you care about will get killed or captured for study?”

Charles froze there, his mind abuzz. “This could end peacefully? I just have to go with them?” He asked himself.

Dust, the alicorn of the earth spoke within his mind. “Charles, you can’t possibly be considering this?”

Tidal wave, the alicorn of water, agreed “Charles, are you really willing to leave your family to keep them safe?”

Flashpoint, the alicorn of fire threw in his voice. “I can’t believe your hesitating! Take his head already and end it!”

Charles looked at Barnaby. “What will happen to me if I go?”

Auroa, the alicorn of the wind spoke. “Please tell me you aren’t serious, they are going to take you away from your family, your friends, your home. Do you really think it is a good idea to go with them?”

Charles ignored the voices in his head. “Well? If I agree to go with you, what will happen to me?”

The stout man smiled as he placed his cigar in his mouth, inhaled, then exhaled a puff of smoke. “Well, we’ll have to disable your brain, turning you into a vegetable so we can study you, then dispose of your body. I know it doesn’t sound pleasant, but it’s the best way.”

“Can’t you do it without disabling my brain and killing me?”

“Sorry no. That’s how it is. All that brain activity will just get in the way of our studying.” Barnaby simply stated.

Charles lowered his sword more and hung his head. “I see.” He lifted his head up a bit again and looked at the human before him. “Unfortunately, it isn’t my call.”

Barnaby cocked an eyebrow at this. “Excuse me?”

“I answer to my princesses, if you want to work out a peaceful deal, you need to talk to them, it will be up to them if I go or not.”

“I see, very well then. I can wait. Send word to your princesses that I wish to meet with them to discuss this. I can wait, I am a patient man after all. Boys, lets head back to camp for now.” The soldiers lowered their weapons and followed the human back the way they came.

Charles glared at the humans as they left. His sword became enveloped in his mystic wind, turning it back to his red staff with the five gems in it. He turned and headed back into town towards the library where Twilight and Spike were working to get Spike to send a letter to Celestia. “So that’s it. If I go with them, then that’s it. I’ll never see them again. But…..at least I’ll know their safe. I guess I can go with that.” Charles stated to himself as he walked.

“You are such an idiot, you know that?” Voltage said to Charles.

“How do you figure that?” Charles said out loud.

Tidal wave answered. “You are willing to give up everything you have gained here so easily.”

“This isn’t up for discussion. If it means every pony here will be safe, then so be it! I just can’t bare the thought of this war leading to the possibility of me losing some pony I care about.” Charles stated.

“You’re going to lose them anyway if that is what happens. The best option is to let this war happen and defend your home. In case you forgot, they’re practically our family too since we are a part of you.” Dust exclaimed.

“Yeah, but it’s still my body. And besides, it’s not really my choice anyway, it’s Celestia and Luna that will decide, and I’m going to do what I can to make sure they make the choice for me to go with them. But I won’t tell them the whole thing just yet. They’ll find out at the meeting with Barnaby.” Charles stated to the alicorns.

Charles soon reached the library and explained to Twilight and Spike about his encounter today, leaving out the part about him going with the humans to keep this war from happening. Needless to say, they were very worried, but Spike wrote down a letter Charles dictated and sent it to Celestia.

It didn’t take long for her to respond and send a letter back, stating she was on her way with Luna. Within an hour and a half from Charles’s first meeting with the humans, Charles was now leading celestia and Luna who had a contingent of ten guards with them, all unicorns, to the humans.

They soon found the camp the humans had set up almost a mile away from Ponyville. They had what looked like metal huts set up in neat rows with one at the end of it. The armed humans took up position and readied themselves for a fight. Celestia stepped forward to address them. “We are here to see your commander, let us pass.” She said sternly.

The humans lowered their weapons. One of the humans in front spoke to another. “Go inform Barnaby he has guests.”

“Yes sir.” The human that was addressed said and gave a salute before running for the metal hut at the end of the rows.

Barnaby approached the group with a smile. “Greetings your majesties. I am right in assuming you’re the princesses my friend Charles here mentioned yes?”

Charles glared at him. “I am not your friend.”

Luna put a hoof on Chalres’s shoulder to calm him. She looked to Barnaby and spoke. “We are, I am princess Luna and this is my older sister princess Celestia.”

Barnaby gave a mock bow. “A pleasure, my name is Barnaby. Thank you for coming.”

Celestia then spoke. “Why are you here Barnaby?” She asked sternly with a frown.

“Didn’t Charles tell you? We merely seek for a way to strengthen our forces on earth to better protect ourselves from invaders or trouble makers, that is all.”

“At the expense of lives.” Charles pointed out.

“Charles, please try to control yourself.” Luna said as she looked pleadingly at him.

Charles looked back, he simply nodded and faced forward again.

“Now then, Charles here says that you are willing to go without bringing war to our world. Why is that, what is it you want?” Celestia asked.

“Simple, let us take Charles back to earth so we can study him and learn about his powers. The whole magic and flying thing would be very useful to our soldiers.” Barnaby pointed out.

“And tell me, what would become of him if you do?” Luna asked.

“What, he didn’t tell you?” Barnaby asked with mock surprise.

“He did not.” Celestia responded.

“I guess I need to explain it again. We will have to disable his brain so we can study his body. After that, we just dispose of him and that will be it. Once his brain is disabled, there is no restoring it and he would just be a vegetable for the rest of his life. It would be pointless keeping him alive in such a state, he’d be pretty much dead anyway.”

Celestia and Luna were shocked to hear this.

Charles then spoke. “I am willing to accept those terms princess Celestia and Luna.”

The two princesses turned to him still with shocked expressions. “You….you are?” Luna finally asked.

“I am.” Charles answered. “If that means that no pony has to die here, then so be it. I am willing to make such a sacrifice.”

“Charles, what about your family, you can’t just leave them.” Celestia stated.

“As long as I know they’re safe, I don’t care what happens to me.” Charles stated. “Please princess, agree to this and let me go with them.”

“Charles, you are too important to us to just let you go like this, you have done so much for us, fought for us, protected us from great dangers, and did so much to keep peace here in Equestria.” Luna stated. “I think it is high time you are repaid for all you have done and have some pony else fight for you.”

Celestia smiled. “Charles, you have a family who cares for you, who loves you, you cannot simply leave them behind and have them grieve for you. Let us defend you for once.” She then turned to face Barnaby. “Barnaby, the answer is no, if you want to take Charles from this world, you will have to do so by force. He is a hero to us and a wonderful pony. We are not about to let him go without a fight.”

Charles tried to protest. “But your majesty…”

Luna cut him off. “Do you doubt the strength of the ponies you had gathered? Did you forget the whole reason they are here? If this does not happen, then they will have left their world and spent a year here for nothing. Does that sound fair Charles?”

“Well….no….I guess not.” Charles hung his head.

“Charles, you must stay here so you can better protect those you care about. If you leave, who will protect the ones you love, who will protect your children?” Celestia asked with a smile.

“I….I didn’t……think about that.”

“I didn’t think so.” Celestia stated. She faced Barnaby again. “You have our answer human, what will you do?”

Barnaby frowned. “Very well then your highness, just remember, you brought this on yourself.” Barnaby took out a small disc like object from the inside of his grey suit and pushed a yellow button. In just a second, the space around him seemed to warp and he vanished. The ten armed humans there readied their weapons. Charles saw this and quickly put up a shield around himself and the princesses. The unicorn guards did the same for themselves. They moved as the shields were up and placed themselves in front of Charles and the princesses.

The humans opened fire with their weapons, firing fast moving bullets from their guns. The magic shields held against the fire. Charles took advantage of the unicorns holding off the barrage of bullets and turned his staff into his pair of lighting nunchuks with the black lighting holding the things together. He held them in his forelegs and started spinning them rapidly, creating a magnetic field that started stopping the bullets in midflight.

Once the humans stopped firing out of confusion, Charles charged forth and moved so fast with his lighting speed granted to him from his lightning nunchuks, he made quick work of the small number of soldiers, shocking them to death with each strike.
Once the area was clear, the unicorn guards relaxed and dropped their shields. “Fine work Charles, thank you for dealing with them.” Celestia stated.

Charles turned his nunchuks back to his staff and floated it onto his back as he approached the princesses. “I’m sorry princess, you were right, I shouldn’t have been so willing to just give up my life like that.”

Luna gave Charles a smile. “It is fine Charles. We thank you for protecting us like you just did.”

“Looks like I’ll have a lot of protecting to do. Thankfully, I won’t be doing it alone. The war is about to start.”

Author's Note:

“It’s about time we got to this part, I thought this war would never come.” I’m sure that is what you all were thinking, well here it is. The next Chapter, the war comes and Charles and all the other OC’s that answered the call will be put to the test. Get ready my readers, I’m hoping I can make this a fic you’ll be talking about for ages. (Not likely, but hopefully I can make it seem epic enough for you all to enjoy.) Thank you all for supporting this fic. And before I forget, I am not accepting OC submissions. I have still been getting them. Sorry if I don’t use all the OC’s that were submitted, but there was just too many. Enjoy my friends.