• Published 21st Jun 2014
  • 820 Views, 28 Comments

Friend from the Otherworld - Wasteland_Tyrant



Black Rock Shooter crossover: Yomi dreams to be rid of Dead Master ever since her return home. Unfortunately her Otherself has different plans as she slowly reaffirms her control over her human counterpart, but neither expected to awake in equestria

  • ...
6
 28
 820

Green Eyes and a Cheerful Guise

Yuu was not having a good day.

After a long and sleepless night, the young athlete thought that the beginning of the school week would bring about a better mood than what she had been feeling lately, however she soon found out that would be receiving the exact opposite. Mato, her best friend, and her other friend Yomi had been absent from the bus stop that morning. She was late for school that day just waiting for them like any good friend would, but couldn't help but feel negative thoughts forming once again.

'If they had a sleepover, then I guess they just slept in' she thought. 'That doesn't really change anything though'. 'but they didn't have a sleep over, did they?'

She couldn't quite remember why she had trouble recalling last nights events, 'and besides, it's not like anything weird or otherworldly happened.' the last thing she remembered was waking up with a knot in her stomach then... then... th-

'Falling asleep'

-Then falling asleep with no dreams or visions whatsoever. As the day went on, things only went from bad to worse. Basketball practice was a bore without Mato to help when she would have fallen, or even play said game, and lunch was lonely without her pig-tailed friend and that other third party companion. Class was probably the most grueling part of the day as her uneasy night caused her to be lethargic and lose focus in any subject presented to her. During English class, the teacher caught Yuu with her head down for about five minuets, and decided that after school detention was a fitting punishment. Needless to say, Yuu was fuming.

So with nothing to do until the required time passed, Yuu finally got the bright idea of texting her best friend after her phone was charged (which to her eternal ire was out of power throughout the day) to ask just what had happened to her. Expecting a response in a matter of seconds, or at most three minuets Yuu was perturbed to get no response after waiting for ten minuets.

'Talk to me...'

She repeated texting her several times until the teacher decided she could go home, but she opted to go to her desired friends home instead. while taking the train to Mato's home, she figured that maybe her friends phone was simply on vibrate for texts and she was in another room. Perhaps now she had the call setting on loud with a high pitched ringtone? All the while, she mentally prepared a list of questions for her friend.

'Maybe I should ask her where Yomi is as wel-'

'No'

'Then again, if Mato doesn't bring her up during the conversation, then neither will I. I don't have to approach her when she screws up. She can come to me. That green haired, green eyed third wheel is bothersome enough already.'

'I never did like the color green.'

After finishing wasting time on thinking of the green haired girl, Yuu waited patiently for her one and only friend to greet her over the phone. She never did.

"...mato..."

All the short haired girl heard was the automated voice mail indicating that her friends phone wasn't even turned on. As Yuu arrived the Kuroi household, she was given pause at the sound of crying when she reached the front door. At this revelation, she was for the first time hesitant to see her friend that day. It took a while for Mrs. Kuroi to answer the door, but when she finally appeared Yuu was taken back by her ragged appearance. her eyes had deep bags under them, and were made worse by her bloodshot eyes and unkempt hair. When she spoke she sounded like a completely different mother, a mother who was worried sick about her daughter.

"Y-you must be one of mmm-m-matos' friends" Mrs. Kuroi chocked out. "Yes and, um... is she okay"? Yuu began to wonder if this day would ever have a good moment worth remembering. A pitiful look overcame the elder woman's face.

"she-SNIFF-won't wa-wake up".

---

Miss Cheerilee was not a paranoid mare, but seeing a perfectly still body that belonged young mare with smooth bony wings and curved skeleton horns made her question if coming outside alone was a good idea. The mare in question seemed to be younger than Twilight, but given her pale white/green fur and outrageous attire, the young mare gave off a feeling of otherworldly prowess. Despite her unusual appearance, the longer Cheerilee stared at the girl, the more her heart went out to her. The lack of breathing let alone any movement at all confirmed what the children had said. This poor child must be dead.

'This is a disaster. who was she? how did she get here? What or who was responsible for her-'

Cheerilee didn't get the chance to finish her thoughts as the front left leg of the strange mare violently twitched.

'She's Alive!'

Now knowing that she could actually help her, Cheerilee didn't hesitate to see the condition the young mare was in.

"Hello? Are you okay miss?"

A pair of emerald eyes with shinning circular patterns shot open faster than a Wonderbolt.

"..."

Both mares held their breath as they both locked eyes. One with fear and uncertainty, and the other with curiosity and intrigue. Cheerilee felt like she should break the startling silence with more pressing matters, but the downed Lolita mare began to violently shake as the her previously blank face twisted into a vicious snarl as she tried to lift her stone cold body. Naturally, Cheerilee backed away a few feet and tried to comprehend what in Equestria was going on. Seeing the one she didn't know was named Dead Master writhe on the ground like a wild beast from Everfree, Cheerilee tried to calm the mare down before she actually does hurt herself.

"Miss, listen to me! Please calm do-"

"WHERE IS YOMI!"

---

Yomi slowly, but steadily took the clay cup into her shaking hooves in an effort to help calm her nerves. she thoroughly thought that holding anything with hooves seemed as ludicrous as her current whereabouts. A small hut with a talking zebra. She seemed nice for the most part, but the fact that she couldn't understand a word that came out of her would be hosts mouth added to the bizarre situation she was thrown into. Said zebra had led her into the small hut after their first encounter and guided her to a circular table to calm her nerves with the herbal tea.

The zebra was currently grabbing things from various shelves and mixing them into a cauldron for Mato knows what reason. No sooner than that observation was noted, dreaded thoughts entered the green eyed mares mind.

'Mato...'

Yomi sadly pondered what her best friend was going through, and felt shame for causing any grief she was going through. She had high hopes that Mato and her taller counterpart would swoop in and save her again, but doubt slowly began to build. her brows furrowed in thought as to why she was here in the first place and Dead Masters terrifying change in character. Yomi shuddered at the memory, but was struck with a horrible realization.

'She must be here to, isn't she?'

Her otherself was naturally violent, but after their recent incident there was no telling how dangerous she has become. 'But then again, she must also be a pony and I don't she'll be wielding a giant Scythe here'. Her stupor was abruptly ended as the zebra approached her and got a little too close for comfort. The zebra stared at her for a few moments before speaking in her bizarre, broken version of the English language.

"Your thoughts appear to be troubled young mare, focus and tell Zecora your ails while this tea sooths your muscles that are frial."

Though most of the message was a blur, Yomi suspected she heard a name.

"Ze-cor-ra? My name is Yomi Takanashi."

---

"Now where are we Rock?"

"I do not know."

"Everything feels, I don't know, strange?"

The straight faced unicorn continued walking through the rocky field until three figures erupted from beneath the ground.

"You there! Pale pony! What are you doing in Diamond dog turf!"

'Pffff'

"Hush Mato."

"Huh? My name Rover, not Mah-Toe!"

"Go away."

"NO! You come with us now!"

"So be it."

The Diamond dog trio barely had time to react as Black Rock Shooter lit her horn and materialized her Rock Canon and began firing.

Author's Note:

Sorry if progress seems slow, but I plan to have a lot of Chapters. Also, the reason BRS and Mato can understand them will be explained in the future and will tie in heavily(?) to the plot.

Comments ( 13 )

Can't resist:

When's the next chapter?

6795498

Working on it. Been busy with college.

Hello is anybody here?

9419024

I should probably put this on hiatus.

9427151
Don't start what you can't finish :(

9427188
I apologize if this upsets you, but my hands are tied at the moment.

9427191
Eh, its alright just come back and finish it soon

hay do more chapters I like this story:heart::ajbemused:

Login or register to comment