• Published 5th Jun 2013
  • 629 Views, 6 Comments

Darkness and fear. - DisharmonyandChaos



They were the first equestrians, they lived along side each other in peace in harmony. When one fell, the other rose to replace them. But not all of them fell..not all of them are gone.

  • ...
5
 6
 629

My little realm

It was quiet, as if all the sounds of the world have ceased to exist. Even in the castle was not this quiet. Celestia's eyelids felt heavy, and she was numb..every single feeling in her body was gone. As her eyes gently began to open, celestia saw a gentle light beneath her. Surrounding her though, was complete darkness.

This frightened her, a look of worry and fear seemed to wash over her. Celestia had been in the dark before but never on this magnitude. "Whats the matter, afraid of the dark celestia?" Marks voice was condescending, mocking her if you will. "What is this place?.." She said in a weak, hushed voice.

"This my dear friend, is where ive spent my centuries of incarceration. The very place you locked me away in." Mark walked out from the surrounding shadows, arms behind his back with a smug look on his face. "You like it? Lovely place to think about the fact your so called best friend betrayed you."

"You left me no choice...you had already destroyed the world of men..and left equestria a barren wasteland. How could you do all those things?" She struggled to get on her hoofs but she was still numb.

Mark looked up, placing a hand underneath his chin. this was some form of a human expression for thinking. "If memory serves i corrupted a few powerful leaders and made them launch their super weapons." Kinda cliche but it worked out rather lovely." He giggled a bit, he was truly a being of darkness. Felt nothing but joy from the death and destruction of others.

"I don't understand..you use to be the sweetest boy..what happened to you?" Celestia said as she finally managed to stand.

"You don't recall? Allow me to refresh your memory." Mark walked around her, his glowing yellow eyes returned to their normal green color. The joyful look he had only seconds ago had been exchanged for one of sadness. "The memory is painful but since you want to know so bad." He took a deep breath. "All those years ago, the day i went...mad. The school day had just concluded, everyday i walked through town. Twas part of my daily routine..but on that day as i walked home, everyone was giving me looks. Like i was some sort of monster, some even began to throw fruit and other objects at me. So i ran, i ran off trying to avoid this unprovoked act of aggression. I ran all the way home and what did i find? The police, arresting my parents..i didn't know what was going on. But before my very eyes...th-" He choked up a second, growing emotional in recollection. "They killed them before my very eyes...for what we were."

Celestia did remember this day, she remembered it all too well. It was called "The Great Cleansing," A religious act of aggression that deemed mutants to be "unholy creatures," The results were not pretty, thousands of humans died that day, police, innocent civilians and mutants alike. Retaliation of this act was very brutal and the cleansing was of course unsuccessful and started a inter-species war. The war that would soon result in the end of humanity itself.

"The cleansing.." she said to herself silently. "Is that why you did what you did?"

"Why do you say it like I was the only one who did it?"

Her eyes only widened, "You weren't alone?.."

"No i wasn't, and i wont be after i accomplish the task ahead." Mark wiped away a single tear away.

"What do you mean?.." Celestia paused for a second. "Mark you, you aren't planning to do what i think you're planning are you?.."

Mark simply turned her, one word was all he needed for an answer. "Yeah,"

"Mark, sweetie i am BEGGING you to not resurrect anything."

"Well beg all you want, im bringing back what was taken from me."

"Not even i can bring back the dead, what makes you think you can?.." She slowly walked towards him.

"I can't" Mark turned around, looking at celestia with a smile. "But the crown can!"

"Bringing back your kind wont resolve anything!" She stomps her hoof.

"I don't want to bring back my kind, i want to bring my parents back.."

Celestia froze, this is not what she was expecting at all. She was expecting mark to do something chaotic and destructive. Not something..reasonable, his whole life was flipped upside down in only a day. Everything he ever loved was taken away, all because he was different. Well because THEY were different, the mutant race. "That's all you want?.."

"Celestia the rage i unleashed on the world was not me being evil..what you saw was a child in pain. And you locked me away for it." His bottom lip began to quiver, eyes watering. This only made the princesses heart sink, she punished him for grieving the loss of his parents.

"W-Well, it was a little extreme don't you think?"

"You know me" Mark shrugged, he seemed far more calm and less dark then before. "Always had a bit of a temper."

"Yeah, you always did." She looked at her surroundings. "Why am i here?"

"I figured you would just try to lock me back up, l-look i said what i said cause i wanted to scare you. I didn't wipe out humans for you, i wasn't even alone in that. All mutants were lashing out, all i did was spread lies and corrupt."

"But you survived the weapons, how is that possible? Even the equestrian race was almost wiped out."

"With all that fear in the world i was practically invincible for the time being..But that's besides the point. I'll let you out of here as soon as i complete my task." Mark turned around, slowly walking away but just before he could.

"WAIT" Celestia shouted, her hoof extended forward once more. "Let me help you, im sorry i locked you away. Let me help you. Please?"

Mark was truly surprised for he thought celestia still objected to the very thought, but he knew that look in her eyes better then anyone. She sincerely wanted to help, mark couldn't hold back the joy he was feeling. Throwing his arms around celestia who was just a bit taller then him he hugged her for the first time in centuries. Princess Celestia slowly hugged back in her own manor. "Im so sorry for what i did.." Mark said finally, it was all she ever wanted to hear him say.

Author's Note:

I'm really sorry guys! I've been busy as hell lately.

STORY NOTE:Perhaps mark is not who you all have made him out to be.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment