• Published 5th Jun 2013
  • 629 Views, 6 Comments

Darkness and fear. - DisharmonyandChaos



They were the first equestrians, they lived along side each other in peace in harmony. When one fell, the other rose to replace them. But not all of them fell..not all of them are gone.

  • ...
5
 6
 629

Secret chamber

Twilight and friends were visiting the princess in canterlot for the weekend, as a gift the princess has gotten them all tickets to a wonderbolts show that was to start at 12:00 PM sharp. Rainbow dash was getting ancy and wanted to get there now to show off her stuff to the wonderbolts. She was the most excited out of all of them but they all were very excited to go.

"Ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygooooosh this show has been sold out for weeks! How did you get these tickets?!" Rainbows voice was full of pure glee as she flew around in celebration.

Celestia smiled. "I'm the princess, i simply asked for them."

"It was very kind of you princess celestia, will you be coming with us?" Twilight asked gently titling her head to the right looking curious.

"Sadly my faithful student i will not be able to, i have a previous engagement to attend to. But you all go and you have a wonderful time."

"Why this is the perfect opportunity to show off my latest creation!" Rarity gestured to the sunhat in a bag she was carrying.

"C'mooooooooooon the show starts in 15 minutes.."

"Alright y'all lets go before she blows a gasket,Aj said chuckling.

They all said goodbye and left the princess alone in the throne room with just her and the 2 guards who constantly stood at attention just below her throne. The princess smiled until the door shut then sighed, "Leave me until further notice," She said.

The two guard nodded and began to walk to the door but the princess added, "no disturbances from anypony," As soon as they were out the door she walked down from where she sat proudly as ruler of equestria, she walked to the chamber door of the elements of harmony, the most powerful ancient artifacts in all of equestria. She looked left to right then behind her making sure nopony was there,then she inserted her horn into the lock to which the door glowed.

A click could be heard from the inside as unlocked and a glow along with it as the majestic door slowly opened. Within this chamber was the chest that contained the very elements used to turn discord the spirit of chaos to stone, she walked inside the chamber and past the chest that contained them, it was not what she was here for.

Using her magic she gently grabbed the pedestal that the container of the elements sat upon, surrounding it in a gentle glow. Slowly she rotated it and continued to until another click could be heard, to which the pedestal lowered and the very ground beneath her began to open. It twisted open to a large winding staircase that descended downward.

The princess began to walk down the stairs, slowly descending to the chamber below. She reached the bottom of the stairs and passed two jagged blade honor guards. The jagged blade honor guard was a secret unit of the royal guard that was not loyal to the state, but to princess celestia herself. The royal guard had a sacred duty to protect celestia and the kingdom when the time called for it. That did not apply to the jagged blade, sociopathic, unknown , super killers...that is what they were

They got the name jagged blade from the sharp rough jagged blades they wore over their horn, being a unicorn was required to join. The armor they wear was black with red detailed lines on the eyes and legs, Their identity was completely concealed in their armor. They have only been seen in action one time by the public, they are believed to not exist at all.

Celestia walked into the chamber to which she had descended to reach, inside was the single most well kept secret in equestrian history. against the wall, was the most advanced piece of tech in existence. A biological cryo containment unit, the only one in the world known to exist. Not far from the containment unit was a mixture of keyboards and high tech computer monitors.

Slowly celestia approached the giant glass tube, inside was the very thing it was built to contain. Hooked up to various IV tubes and an oxygen mask was celestia's first friend...A human, the last human being to be precise. He is thousands years old but looks no older then a 17 year old human male would, for he had been in this cryo unit for about 3 thousand years.
"Hello marcus.." She said sounding absolutely heartbroken to be in this very room.

This was all human technology, the cryo unit, the monitors the keyboards. It was all the human technology that survived the catastrophic events of the past. With the last surviving humans and celestia's help they assembled this setup and contained the very being within its confines.

It left of a blue glow, from the lights within it reflecting the liquid that surrounded him. Marcus looked peaceful in his cryostatis state, as if time itself had stopped to preserve him perfectly. Celestia placed a hoof up against the glass, holding it there and reminiscing of the good times they both shared. As she was lost in her thoughts, marcus's eyes began to open, they glowed with a piercing ominous yellow glow. no pupil or iris was even visible, just the yellow glow.

"Marcus?.." Celestia said cautiously.

Slowly his arms raise and bend behind his head then come forward against the glass in a bang. He continued to bang against the glass for a few more minutes.

A tear slowly dripped from celestia's face. "I cannot let you out..you are simply too dangerous. Oh marcus...if only you hadn't become this."

What looked like a black steam almost, began to irradiate from marcus's skin. He punched the glass and had a look that pleaded for his freedom, but celestia was not buying it. He began to kick and punch trying to break the glass to get out, but it was not working and there was no reason to try anymore, so he stopped.

"I wish to let you out, really i do..but i cannot allow you to roam free once again..not until you change." She leaned against the containment unit and wrapped her forelegs around it as best she could to show she was hugging him. "Not until you change.." she repeated.

Celestia hugged the unit for what seemed like forever, finally one of the two guards said, "Princess your student and her friends are back."

She stopped the hug and frowned. "Until next time..i love you marcus." She wiped away another tear then accended the stairs, when she reached the top she twisted the pedestal back into place then backed out of the harmony chamber.

"Princess Celestia?" Twilight said with a dumbfound voice.

"Twilight!" she quickly turned around to face her student and friends. "How was the show?"

Before twilight could say another word rainbow leaped into the air. "IT WAS SO AWESOME! THEY DID A DEATH DOUBLE BARREL ROLE! AND IT WAS JUST SO AWESOME!" She tried to mimic the move but spun out. "I still haven't gotten down yet..."

"May i ask what you were doing in the harmony chamber?" Twilight said taking one step forward.

"Oh i was just uhhhh..DUSTING! yeah i was dusting the harmony chest.."

"you were...dusting? you a princess?" Twilight was not convinced.

"Why in the world would you even lift a hoof! why id have one of my servants do it for me" She happily sighed at the very thought.

Pinkie pie giggled and trotted into the chamber, "Sillies she wasn't dusting! She was twisting this thing!" Pinkie pie grabbed the pedestal and violently twisted it.

"PINKIE PIE NO!" They all shouted.

A loud crack is heard then the ground began to shake as the stairway entrance slowly swirled open carving its way into the floor.

"Pinkie pie what did you do!?" Twilight yelled as she vibrated all around.

"Oops.." Pinkie simply smiled apologetically.

"No!" Celestia shouted as the staircase entrance finished opened and the ground stopped shaking.

"Ooooooooooo winding staircase!" Pinkie said astonished at the sight.

Twilight and the others walked into the chamber and looked at the stairway. "Princess celestia what is this?" Twilight and the others turned to face a horrified celestia who looked all around then let out a sigh of defeat.

"I suppose i can hide it no longer..."