• Published 5th Jun 2013
  • 629 Views, 6 Comments

Darkness and fear. - DisharmonyandChaos



They were the first equestrians, they lived along side each other in peace in harmony. When one fell, the other rose to replace them. But not all of them fell..not all of them are gone.

  • ...
5
 6
 629

Off to the empire.

Twilight paced back and forth on the platform of the train station, anxiously waiting for spike to be brought to her. "Oh, i hope he is alright..he's probably terrified."

She stopped a moments sake and looked to the sky which only 3 hours ago was filled with a beautiful sun, now it was black and riddled with clouds of pure darkness. The wind had not stopped, the plants continued to wilt and quite a few had already completely died. Why did this human want to do this? What would he possibly gain? Fluttershy walks up to twilight.

"I-I'm sure he's ok twilight, i just hope my animals will be alright..." She said looking to the ground.

"I bet they are just fine." she said reassuringly.

As she resumed her pacing back and forth, a royal guard approached accompanied by a small purple baby dragon. "SPIKE!" Twilight ran to him and threw her forelegs around him in a big hug. A hug so tight that it made it difficult for him to even reply.

"I-I MISSED YOU TOO TWILIGHT!" He struggled to say.

She releases him then gestures to the train, "C'mon spike we have to go."

"Where are we going exactly?" He asks looking at the train.

"To the crystal empire," She said turning to the train and walking towards it, "Now come on we have to go,"

He nodded and walked aboard with her and so did the others, they would be riding on a train separate from the guard who would be on a train 10 minutes behind. Finally the doors were shut and the train slowly began to move forward, soon the scenery changed from a darkened canterlot, to the darkened landscape surrounding it. It was a very disturbing sight.

"I-I don't like this" Fluttershy said looking out the window, "I dont like the dark.."

"Don't worry fluttershy we will get the sun back soon" twilight said reassuringly

Princess Luna walked into the car that the girls had decided to reside in the time being, sitting down next to twilight and letting out a depressed sigh. looking at the floor, observing the worn red carpet that it bared. "Something troubling you princess?" Rarity asked noticing her gloom.

"I fear that lives will be lost today" She said, not looking up from the floor.

"What makes you think that?" Twilight says looking at the princess, her eyes slowly closing and taking a deep breath.

"Marcus was once such a sweet boy, he loved and cared about everything..despite his dark gift. But thats not who he is anymore, he is a very violent and dangerous individual. He is going to be at the crystal empire when we arrive thats why i brought the guard."

"You're afraid he'll kill the guard..aren't you?" Fluttershy said in a hushed voice.

"Precisely, he knows the crown is there. Marcus will do anything to make sure we do not get to it."

"This crown of light, what does it do princess?" Twilight said looking interested.

"The crown of light is a magical artifact that uses light in its purest form to destroy dark beings." She replied.

"But that doesn't explain how it gave princess celestia control of the sun..."

"Well light in its purest form is pure sunlight, the crown fused its powers with her to give her control of the sun to which she used to stop marcus, i believe if we use it again we could get rid of his dark powers for good." Luna looked out the window at the darkened landscape that rolled on by.

"Why didn't she just do that in the first place?" Applejack said looking pretty confused.

"She didn't want to hurt him, they grew up together she doesn't have the heart to hurt him."

"Well that turned out for the better," Rarity rolled her eyes.

"Aren't you afraid he will get the crown first?" Pinkie pie said, her face practically glued to the window. "If he gets it first that will be very bad, and if he has the crown we cant stop him! and if we cant stop him he will destroy us all! AND IF HE DESTROYS US ALL THAT MEANS! NO. MORE. PARTIES."

"He only knows the crown is in the crystal empire, he does not know specifically where."

"Uhh..what exactly is going on?" Spike asked.

Luna only sighed for now she would have to tell the story all over again...