• Published 28th May 2013
  • 1,276 Views, 15 Comments

The Blank Truth - Screw



This is an story of what happens after Apple Bloom visited Sunny Town.

  • ...
0
 15
 1,276

Chapter 2: We will protect you...

Crusaders will crusade

The skies are clear, the Sun just passed noon, just about to reach its 1 o'clock shift, it is shining its brilliant light across Equestria. Ponies of different types are working to sell their inventory or harvest their crops as fast as possible while some others relax in the park and enjoy the autumn breeze as it will arrive in a few weeks time. Apple Bloom was happily trotting by the orange and red leave piles as the cold wind blew gently against her soft yellow fur and red mane and tail. Apple Bloom made it to the crusaders clubhouse built in the Sweet Apple Acres, away from the apple trees. Inside the clubhouse, a unicorn and pegasus filly were entertaining themselves while they waited for Apple Bloom to arrive.

"Hi girls!" Apple Bloom greeted Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle.

"Hi!" Sweetie Belle and scootaloo greeted back.

"So, what was the sleeping in class all about Apple Bloom?" Scootaloo tried to hold her giggles.

"Ha ha ha, very funny." Apple Bloom replied, clearly not amused. "Anyway, what are we doing today, Scootaloo?" Apple Bloom asked her while walking towards the desk at the side of the clubhouse.

"Well, today we're going to be, Cutie Mark Crusaders Treasure Hunters!" Scootaloo .

"Treasure Hunters?" Apple Bloom questioned. "What are we looking fer'? Or yet, where are we searching at?" Apple Bloom took out a piece of paper and a quill from a drawer.

"I've got that covered!" Scootaloo proclaimed and grinned. "Hm... How should I tell you two about it..." Scootaloo placed on her thinking cap, Sweetie Belle repositioned herself in front of Scootaloo and sat down while Apple Bloom grabbed the quill, ink and paper and sat it in front of Scootaloo and began writing her lines.

"Did Cheerilee gave you lines?" Sweetie Belle whispered.

"Well... Yeah. But don't worry Ah'll get this done fast." Apple Bloom began writing.

"Okay, I'm going tell you the story what Twilight told me," Scootaloo sat in front of them. "In the land before Equestria has it's first alicorn ruler, there live 3 pony factions. The Earth ponies, governed by Chancellor Puddinghead," Sweetie Belle Snickered. "The Pegasus ponies, lead by Commander Hurricane. The Unicorn ponies, ruled by Princess Platinum. After the three leaders finally learn to appreciate each other's differences, they made peace and dubbed the new land to be Equestria."

"Yeah, yeah, we already knew that. Could you get to the point?" Sweetie Belle complained. Apple Bloom is still concentrating on her lines.

"I was getting to the point..." Scootaloo sighed. "Anyway, the 3 leaders made peace and everything afterwards was fine and dandy, except for the Chancellor. The Chancellor had almost everything she needed and wanted, but there is one problem she had. She was not able to have a foal." Scootaloo was interrupted by Sweetie Belle.

"The Chancellor can't have a foal? Why?" Sweetie Belle perked her eyebrow.

"I don't know! Twilight said that she was diagnosed infertile." Scootaloo frowned in annoyance.

"Infertile? What does infertile has to do anything with ponies? Doesn't hospital get infertile and not make foals?"

Scootaloo was about to explain until the thought struck her. "... Could we please just get back to why are we crusading?" Scootaloo didn't want to delve deep into such sensitive topic of how foals get made.

"But I want to know what infertility has to anything with having a foal," Sweetie Belle continued to push the topic. Apple Bloom was at a 1/4 mark of writing her 100 lines by this time.

"Could we please get back on topic? If you wanna know badly, ask Twilight about it!" Scootaloo was getting annoyed at Sweeite Belle's consistent out of topic questions but her real reason was that she couldn't ruin their friends' fillyhood unlike what Twilight did. Especially when Twilight went way too detailed about it. (http://markmak.deviantart.com/art/Goodbye-fillyhood-367572945)

"Fine..."

"Anyway, where was I? Oh right! Since the Chancellor did not have any sibling and was not able to have a foal at all to carry on the family's prized heirloom, the Chancellor's hat, Chancellor Puddinghead decided to hide their heirloom where it will remain safe from everypony. Now before you ask 'what's so special about the hat', anypony who studied about the Chancellor's heirloom will know that there is something odd hidden inside that pudding hat. Nopony has been able to find it to examine the hat though, this created a lot of rumours about the hat's contents."

"And what did others say about the object inside?" Sweetie Belle questioned.

"One of the popular rumour was, in that hat, it was a map to find the Chancellor's family wealth. Anyway, the Chancellor hid the family's heirloom in the center of the Everfree Forest where few to none dare to go. Twilight also said that the price of the Chancellor's heirloom is huge and it will continue to grow as the time passes until its found."

"So what did Twilight told you about the price of the useless hat?" Sweetie Belle expected it to be dirt cheap.

"You can't really can't really call it useless if it was tagged with, I dunno, a few million bits?" Scootaloo smirked at the sight of her two friend's reaction. Sweetie Belle stared at Scootaloo with disbelieve and Apple Bloom perked her head up and dropped the quill from her mouth.

"A... Few million... bits... What?!" Apple Bloom tried to shake the fact that an old clown like hat could be tagged this much. "How is this possiple?!"

"The fact that the hat was once an heirloom is enough to lift the price to such height, its the only hat that was ever produce which receives a title of a rarity, probably the only hat that survived a millennia or even more and the fact that there is something definitely precious in the hat. That's how." Scootaloo smiled in amusement at their expressions.

"So yer' sayin' that we should search the Everfree fer' that hat is because of its bounty?" Apple Bloom managed to gather herself from being surprised.

"Yeah. But there is another reason why we should search for it. Us and Zecora probably know more of the Everfree Forest better then anypony in Equestria. I mean, we've been crusading in it all the time, right? It's like we have mapped all danger and safe parts of the Everfree into the back of our mind! Am I right to say that we might be the only ones who are able to cruise through untouched?"

"Ah' suppose... But are yer' sure that there is such treasure?" Apple Bloom turned her head to Sweetie Belle to see if she agrees. Sweetie Belle nodded.

"If its fake, why would the Canterlot Museum, in fact all of Equestria Museums, place a price on an imaginary item?" Scootaloo turned to face her back at them and lift her chin up. "Imagine what we could use the bits for when we get our hooves on it..." Scootaloo began daydreaming.

Both Earth and Unicorn fillies began spacing out, processing what Scootaloo just said. After much thought, Apple Bloom came to a decision. "Well... Alright, Ah' guess there is no harm in doing this, beside the fact we're goin' ta' the Everfree... What'cha say Sweetie Belle?"

"I think Scoot's right, we are probably the only ones brave enough to enter the forest. So yeah, I think we can do this..." Sweetie Belle spoke with uncertainty.

"Phew! I somehow managed to persuade them!" Scootaloo mumbled and patted her back before turning back to face them. "So, are we gonna do this?" Scootaloo stick her hoof out, followed by Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom.

"Cutie Mark Crusaders Treasure Hunters. Yay!" The three fillies chorused together and lifted their hooves into the air.

"Before we go, I've got a question." Sweetie Belle turned to Scootaloo. "How are we going to dig it up? In fact, is it even buried?"

"I've heard rumours that stated the hat was buried," Scootaloo turned her head to Apple Bloom. "Do you think that your farm has any digging tools?"

"Ah' dunno. Ah' think we have a shed that nopony uses in a long time. Ah'll go see if Ah' have anythin' useful."

"Alright. Sweetie Belle told me that Rarity has been working on some scarves for us during the winter. Met you at Sweetie's place later." Scootaloo announced.

With that said and done, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo made it out first followed by Apple Bloom, placing her lines in a saddlebag that she picked up from the side of the tree house and mount it. Apple Bloom felt a familiar chill again, she then trot pass by the family's orchard then to the side of the barn.

Apple Bloom is lost in thoughts about how those bits could help her family and probably the rest of the huge Apple family while trotting by the barn towards the large shed which stands lonely in large field, opposite of the orchard. The wooden shed had some holes from top to bottom, the roof was made from mainly straws of hay and was dark in colour showing that it has gone through years of rain and sunshine, the horizontal rectangle frame showing that it was once occupied by 2 large doors, wooden doors that were laying flat on the ground. But the structure was sturdier then any wood, it has been held up since a few months after the Apple family managed to make Ponyville possible. Apple Bloom's family has been thinking of patching up the run down shed for a long time now, but they never got the chance to get to it due to the constant apple bucking and selling. "Heh... Ah' wonder what all these trees are fer'..." Apple Bloom thought. The trees that are all over the large field are very spaced between each other, their much taller then regular apple trees and they produce acorns, namely oak trees.

After coming to a halt in front of the doorway, Apple Bloom began examining the interior of the large shed from the outside. On the left of the shed, there laid a very long piece of machinery with a large saw blade in the attached vertically in the center of the machine. To the back of the machine, there is a bicycle fixed to the ground and wheels are replaced with a large gear and some bicycle chain leading into the machine, the saw is most likely to be operated by the bicycle. Beside it, there are a bundle of long, uneven wood laying neatly in one corner and it looks like one of the oak trees just outside the shed. To the right of the impossibly long shed, there are a variety of tools made from either wood, iron or both. The shed is filled with cobwebs, dust bunnies and wood particles.

"Woah nelly! This shed looks like it ain't been used in a centuries!" Apple Bloom spoke to nopony in particular. "So Ah' guess this is where we got all the wood from ta' build the barn. Ah' wonder why ain't this shed been touched fer' a long time... Ah' like this shed, its full of tools Ah' need! Maybe Ah' should do my family a huge favour if Ah' fix this shed." Apple Bloom soon grinned and came up with another idea, "maybe we could be cutie mark builders! This will definitely be our next crusade!"

Apple Bloom trotted towards the silent eerily dark shed and over all the wood particles to the bench to see if there are any useful tools for their crusade. The tool rack carries all sort of dangerous, rusted tools, some with a pointy tip, some with sharp edges and some are blunt like a hammer. A number of iron tools are littered on the bench, covered in dust and rust, most likely they fell from the rack. A bundle of rusted iron oil (kerosene) lamp surrounded by a couple of small glass oil bottles wrapped in cloths and about 5-6 match boxes laying about are covered in dust. Below the bench, there idling were 2 large rusted iron tool box, red and blue, and a few other tools that are extremely dangerous and could even be labelled as weapons like axe in the far end of below the bench, are covered in rust. To the left of the bench, fixed to the ground by ridiculously huge rivets, a slim and tall grey hoof-cranked tool sharpener and wheel-less wheelbarrow beside it were build from iron and its covered in rust, dust bunnies, cobwebs and iron filings around its approximate area. To the right of the bench, a multitude of cylindrical wooden pole with different type of iron, wooden and straw heads, and lengths are standing with the help of the shed's wall and, of course, covered in rust and cobwebs too.

"Gosh, this tools must've been 'ere fer' over a millennia by the looks of their condition!" Gasped Apple Bloom. "Lets see 'ere, somethin' useful fer' digging... Ah' guess this short spades will do. But how do Ah' carry three at once? Mah' saddlebag ain't big..." Taking a better look at the dark gloomy area, Apple Bloom's eyes caught something under the bench. Three empty bags of different types are laying about without a care. The three them were a large quiver a duffel bag and satchel bag. The satchel bag is too small, the duffel bag seems a little bit large, the quiver the quite long. Thinking for a moment, Apple Bloom pulled out the quiver and began stuffing the 3 spades with their iron heads sticking out. A sudden thought came flying into Apple Bloom's mind, "if we're goin' the be deep into that light forsaken forest, we might need some light." Apple Bloom grabbed two oil bottles with her mouth, lethal poisoning prevented by a cloth layer, and began to slowly put them in her saddlebag. Apple Bloom slung the suspiciously not so light quiver, minus the spades, over her back and grabbed one of the oil lamp by her mouth and began her trot to Carousel Boutique. "Walking from 'ere ta' the door feels like minutes..." Apple Bloom complained about the length of the shed to nopony.

So far, the day turning okay for Ponyville's residence, the cooling breeze brushing against their mane and furry coat, orange and red leaves littered every square inch of the streets, the crunching of leaves under one's hooves, the warming smile from the residence enjoying the autumn season and, fillies and colts wearing all sorts of warming gear from scarf to jackets playing around in the leaves, anticipating for the upcoming Nightmare Night on the next day. Apple Bloom passed by the business part of Ponyville towards Sweetie Belle's place but was called over by Applejack while passing by, selling apples all day, to inquire about the item Apple Bloom was carring.

"Sweet apples! Where'd ya get that?" Applejack pointed to basically everything Apple Bloom was carrying.

Apple Bloom put her oil lamp down. "You do remember our old shed, do ya? Ah' found this in there."

"Right... So what are yer' doin' with those?"

"Its for the crusade! But Ah' c'ant tell yer' what we're crusading! It's our crusader's rules! Don't worry sis, we're not doing anything dangerous." Apple Bloom attempted to convince Applejack.

"Uh-Huh... Just don't go around diggin' somepony's grave, ya' hear?" Applejack joked and Apple Bloom nodded and grinned. "So, why did ya' bring that oil lamp? It's the middle of the day ya' know."

"Ah' already say that Ah' can't tell ya'! It's a secret! Like Ah' said, don't worry, we will not do anything dangerous!" Apple Bloom gave an annoyed frown.

Applejack took a close look at all the items before sighing. "Ah' was worried about that... Alright, be sure ta' be back for dinner," Applejack smiled and rubbed Apple Bloom's mane.

"Okay sis!" Apple Bloom picked up her oil lamp and continued her trot to Carousel Boutique, leaving Applejack to finish selling the apple wares. Residence of Ponyville turned to face Apple Bloom with a curiosity, when she came to sight, about the item that she was carrying but soon decide to just ignore, knowing its just their usual shenanigans. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle are admiring each other's scarf laid on the ground, made by Rarity while waiting for Apple Bloom. There was a knock on Sweetie Belle's room, assuming it to be Apple Bloom since Rarity hardly is able to enter Sweetie Belle's room with all the orders to fill out.

"I'll get it!" Sweetie Belle wrapped her matching purple and pink striped scarf, with their crusader's emblem on one end, around her neck and trotted towards door. "Wow! Apple Bloom! You... Wow!" Sweetie Belle was surprised to see that Apple Bloom was carrying a oil lamp and a quiver that carried the spades. "Where did you get this?"

Scootaloo look towards the doorway with curiosity, but the view is obstructed by Sweetie Belle. Scootaloo wrapped her sky blue and rainbow stripe, with a crusader emblem on one side too, scarf around her neck and trotted to Sweetie Belle's side.

"Wow! Where did you get all this Apple Bloom?" Scootaloo wore the same expression Sweetie Belle had. "Did you robbed a store?" Scootaloo teased.

Apple Bloom placed the oil lamp down at the doorway. "Ha ha, very funny. Ah' found all these in the super long shed! Ah' wonder how nopony noticed it... Anyway, it's very old, nopony has touched it like in a millennia and there're tons of tools and some Ah' never seen before! Ah' wan'ta show ya'll around it some other time." Apple Bloom trotted into Sweetie Belle's room and set down the quiver and saddlebag while continuing to blabber away about the shed. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo rose and eyebrow and began examining the quiver when it was set down. Apple Bloom walked back to the doorway to pick up her oil lamp. Scootaloo pulled out one of the spades and set it on her hooves, getting a feel handling an actual spade. Sweetie Belle opened the pouches and slowly took out one of the oil bottle to take a closer look. Sweetie Belle have never seen an oil bottle before, it was wrapped in a cloth with black splotches of oil. Sweetie Belle managed to open the cap and examine the bottle's contents. Apple Bloom picked up her oil lamp and turned around, but only to drop it.

"Sweetie! What're yer' thinkin'?!" Apple Bloom managed to stop Sweetie Belle and snatched it before she started to test taste the black liquid. Scootaloo looked up to see Apple Bloom holding a bottle in her hoof and glaring at Sweetie Belle. "Yer' lucky Ah' managed to stop ya' in time. This 'ere is used for fuel for the lamp! Not fer' drinkin'! This stuff is poisonous!"

"Eeep!" Sweetie Belle flinched when Apple Bloom stated that it was poisonous. "Sorry Apple Bloom. I guess curiosity kills the cat?" Sweetie Belle gave a nervous smile, Scootaloo giggled.

Apple Bloom sigh and began to cap the oil bottle before putting it down. "Just control yer' curiosity, ya' could've asked me what it is. Anyway, where do ya' keep a quill and ink 'round 'ere?" Sweetie Belle pointed to her desk and afterwards, Apple Bloom took out her lines from the pouch and carried together with the lamp towards Sweetie Belle's desk. "So, where's my scarf? Yer's look nice by the way Sweetie. Scootaloo, you look like Rainbow Dash!"

"Why thanks Apple Bloom, Rarity is almost done with yours! She will be here soon!" Sweetie Belle grinned. Scootaloo was sniffing the inside the quiver after taking out the spades when she smelled something odd coming from it.

Scootaloo coughed and quickly pulled her head out. "Why is your *cough* quiver so dusty?" Scootaloo coughed again, sending some black particles flying through the air before they disappear.

"The quiver hasn't been touched in a long time." Apple Bloom trotted to her oil lamp then back to the desk. "My family has decided ta' rebuild the shed but ain't nopony has time ta'. So Ah' was thinkin'-"

"You want us to rebuild the shed for our next crusade?" Sweetie Belle interjected.

"Yeah, that sounds like fun!" Scootaloo joined.

"Yer' just read mah mind there Sweetie. Yeah, we're goin' ta' rebuild the shed after this crusade. Anyway, Ah' got some lines ta' finish." Apple Bloom picked up the quill and dipped it in ink and began writing.

Waiting for half an hour, Apple Bloom, while finishing up her lines with her quill-in-mouth, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were arguing about what was the fastest and safest route they will take in the center of the Everfree Forest. Sweetie Belle went over to the door. Sweetie Belle jumped to give Rarity a hug when the door flew open. Rarity giggled and brushed Sweetie Belle's mane with her hoof. Levitating the green checkered scarf with their crusader emblem on one end, over to Sweetie Belle's back. Sweetie Belle is young and was not able to lift up many things with her magic just yet. After taking a short glance, Rarity stood there, staring at the items lying in the middle of her sister's room with an eyebrow perked up. But she soon dismiss that as part of their crusading shenanigans. Rarity made her way back to finish her other clients' orders.

Apple Bloom was too busy with her last few lines. Scootaloo glanced back and forth at Sweetie Belle and Rarity for a moment before drifting off in her thoughts. Sweetie Belle made her way to Apple Bloom but instead of passing the scarf straight away, she attempted to levitate the scarf to her. Sweetie Belle's horn glowed a dim white light surrounding her horn and the scarf. After a brief second, Apple Bloom did a bit of stretching after finishing her lines. She felt something soft in the supposed air on her right hoof while stretching and looked down to see that Sweetie Belle levitating a scarf with her eyes closed, eyebrows furrowed inwards and crouching.

"Wow, Sweetie Belle!" Sweetie Belle loss concentration and simply loss its magical grip of Apple Bloom's scarf. Scootaloo was snap her train of thoughts after Apple Bloom yelled. "Yer' magic is sure improvin' Sweetie Belle!" Sweetie Belle open her eyes and to see that Apple Bloom's scarf on her bag was on Apple Bloom's hoof. Sweetie Belle grinned with joy.

Sweetie Belle got out of her crouching position and asked, "are you done with the lines?" Apple Bloom nodded while wrapping the warm, silky and smooth scarf around her neck. "Yay! I cannot wait any longer! Lets get our treasure hunting cutie mark!"

Scootaloo stood up. "Come on guys! The clock is ticking!" Scootaloo stocked the shovels back into the quiver and weakly tossed it to Apple Bloom due to the weight. Apple Bloom snatched it out of the air and slung over her back and got down from the chair with the lamp in her mouth and grinned at Scootaloo. Sweetie Belle trotted to Apple Bloom's saddlebag to stuff the oil bottles and matches in and strapped it on.

"Cutie Mark Treasure Hunters! Yay!" The three fillies shout in joy (minus Apple Bloom carrying the lamp with her mouth) and high-hoofed.

"Are we there yet?" the white unicorn filly, with a light green helmet strapped on her head and matching colour and mane style scarf around her neck, 'complained' in a high pitched tone.

The orange pegasus filly stop flapping her wings and the ride, consisting of a scooter and Apple Bloom's wagon, slowed down. She clocked her head to face the filly that has been 'complaining' while the ride continued to pace at trotting speed. Strapped on her head was a lavender helmet with 2 fat stripes down the middle, her fuchsia mane and tail, the custom made sky blue scarf with rainbow stripes around her neck, stopped waving about in the air rapidly and the lighted oil lamp rattle about in the pegasus's mouth as she turned to face her passengers. "For the hundredth time, no Sweetie Belle!" Scootaloo's statement was unclear from the rocking lamp, hanging by her gritted teeth.

"Is the center of the Everfree Forest really that deep?"

Scootaloo let out a sigh of annoyance. "Yes Sweetie. They don't call this a forest for nothing if its very small. We would be there in no time if you didn't distract me all the time!" Scootaloo turned back to face the path in front of her and instantly flapped her underdeveloped wings, returning their ride to train-like speeds.

"Anyway, where'd ya' think we're at now? Ah' Don't think we've been this far in. How long have we been 'ere?" The yawning yellow coated filly, with a sea blue helmet strapped on and a green checkered scarf wrapped around her neck, asked her driver.

Some time ago, the three fillies ventured into the Everfree Forest through Sweet Apple Acres around the late afternoon, presumably around four, if Apple Bloom remembered correctly before drifting of to nap. The thick forest grew darker after a few mere minutes of travelling at, pony powered, train-like speeds, and the only light was emitting from the (kerosene) lamp. They have been in the forest for Celestia knows how long as Apple Bloom's body clock was trying to tell her its almost bed time.

"Oh! I think we've been here for about an hour or two!" Sweetie Belle chirped.

Apple Bloom sighed. They have only a few hours of daylight left before they have to retreat home. "Ah' think we should just high tail out'ta 'ere and postpone today's crusade. It took us an hour ta' get in and it'll probably take us another ta' get out. Applejack told me ta' be back by dinner time."

Scootaloo turned to face her passengers again and let out a sigh, "fine..."

But sudden reality had gripped onto Scootaloo, they didn't enter the forest in a straight path, they had zipped left and right without turning back to their main route. Scootaloo slowly began to panicked but calm down after she saw their ride's wheel trail. Just as Scootaloo snapped her head back to the path in front of her, a dark object came out of nowhere and stood its ground, obstructing their path.

Scootaloo grew a shock expression on her face before closing her eyes and attempted to drift to either the left or right. Skidding along the leaf covered grass path, the two crusader passengers hugged tightly one another while screaming their lungs out, not knowing what and why they made a sudden left turn. Their shrieks grew, causing Scootaloo to join in, as they were flung off-road and into the air when a sudden steep slope appeared.

After tumbling down the slope for a short moment before landing face first onto the ground, Scootaloo recovered first, followed by Apple Bloom then Sweetie Belle. Their ride totalled, but still intact. Scootaloo's scooter laid flat on its side, the wagon flipped upside down, its wheels still moving, not too far from the scooter. The wagon's handle was no longer hitched to the back of the scooter. They were in a pathway clearing but no lights from the sun could mean that its already night time or the towering crowded trees still blocks the sunlight.

Amongst their ride were shovels, quiver, a saddlebag with black liquid leaking out of it, matchboxes with it's contents laying about and an oil lamp, the oil inside has spilled out in a black puddle on the grass-less soil with the fire still burning. Looking at the slope to Apple Bloom's right, they clearly have felled from a high point, just a level high. The slope is incredibly steep, so, climbing back up is no use.

Scootaloo rushed towards her friends after surveying the surroundings. "Apple Bloom! Sweetie Belle! You guys alright?"

"Urgh... What in tarnation just happened?" Apple Bloom slowly got to her hooves and rubbed her muzzle.

"Ow... Why did you make us... fly for?" Sweetie Belle glanced at the slope they fell from.

"Sorry guys. Its just that something tall and black came out of nowhere." Scootaloo's ear dropped.

Looking back at the slope again, Apple Bloom let out a sigh. "Ah' don't think we'd be able ta' get up there again. So how'd we suppose ta' get back home now?"

Scootaloo looked at the slope to her left. Even though seeing that it is impossible to get back up again, she tried to keep her cool, which worked like a charm. Scanning her surroundings some more, there was a notably dark outline of a building not too far from their location. "I don't know... But maybe we could ask the pony living there," Scootaloo pointed to the silhouette of a building with some dim red light emerging from the windows.

"Strange... A house in a middle of the Everfree Forest..." Apple Bloom mumbled. "Ah' don't think anypony is livin' there."

"If nopony is living there, then could you explain why is there lights coming from it?" Scootaloo remarked.

"Lights? What... Oh. That light..." Apple Bloom squinted her eyes.

"How about we go and see if there is anypony in there?" Sweetie Belle suggested.

"Alright"

"If ya' say so... Lets grab everythin' first," Apple Bloom waved over all their items laying on the soil.

"Ah' have a bad feeling about this..." Apple Bloom mumbled

The dark corners of the building was lighted up, revealing a number of vines and mushroom that grew around the building. The walls were charred and dusty. Part of the roof looks missing and charred like the walls too. The crusaders slowly begin to doubt that there was anypony living in this house that was built in the middle of the Everfree Forest as they trot towards the door. Apple Bloom slowly grew in fear but shook it, just thinking it was just a coincidence, when a suspiciously familiar looking well stood grimly beside the house.

Scootaloo was pulling the wagon with her scooter. Sitting about in the wagon laid their spades, quiver, oil lamp and soaked saddlebag. Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom trotted beside their scooting friend. They slowly made their way to the creepy household.

Sweetie Belle trotted up to the door, knocking it impatiently, wanting to get out of this creepy forest. No reply. "Anypony home?" Sweetie Belle shouted. Again, no reply or sound.

The door stood tall, towering the tiny fillies. The door knob is too high but Sweetie Belle slowly opened the door with her magic. The door creaked open.

In the house, there was no furniture, no light, save for the fireplace that was emitting a dim red light, no signs of life. There was nothing at all. But there was a red silhouette of a desk or table, standing stationary to the left of the building. The red dim light was not able to light the whole room, the house was barely visible and dead silent. Even there was no sound from any woodland creatures making a cricket or wind blowing against the leaves. It was way to silent for comfort. The dead silent could make one lose their sanity in less then an hour or even a minute if left in the room.

Apple Bloom stood in the center of the room, starting to panic and hyperventilating, tried to convinced her mind that the red light and table are just a coincidence. Her shaking and heavy fast breathing didn't go unnoticed by her friends.

"What's wrong, Apple Bloom?" Scootaloo hastily, bringing their ride to the table, got down from her scooter and trotted to Apple Bloom's side.

Sweetie Belle clocked her head to see Apple Bloom in a state of panic too and quickly trotted over to Apple Bloom to pat her back, "now, now, Apple Bloom. Calm down now."

Apple Bloom slowly relaxed, but she was still tensed about being here again. "We... We shouldn't be 'ere... Let's leave this 'ere house and make a run fer' it!"

"And where to, exactly?" A raspy stallion voice dropped in.

The door went shut, the three fillies turned to the doorway, screaming and hugging for dear life as the red silhouette of a pony and glowing red iris slowly marched towards the frighten fillies. The fillies scamper fearfully backwards beside the fireplace. The stallion slowly got into view. The pegasus and unicorn shrieked in horror while Apple Bloom stared in horror, mouth open in shock.

"No... It can't be..."

"Oh yes, it can be, dear Apple Bloom." The zompony stallion, dragging a shackle and chains, drew his head closer to Apple Bloom. Apple Bloom continued to stare in shock while the other two fillies shrieked even louder. "Remember me? Roneo? I should probably thank you again for helping me boost my relationship with Starlet. Thank you, Apple Bloom, for finding my gem."

Apple Bloom continued to stare at the stallion while her mind went wild. She was back here. In all of the worst places, it had to be here. "What... What'd you... want ta' do ta' me... us?" Apple Bloom stammered. The other two fillies' shrieking was replaced with whimpering.

"Why, nothing my dears. Nothing... yet." The zompony stallion, namely 'Roneo', pulled his head away from the crusaders. "I can't do anything to you... Grey Hoof wants to personally talk to you personally. Don't worry, he has his hoof tied up with more important matters now."

Roneo dragged the shackle and hooked it to the metal bars that blocked any firewood from escaping. The 2 fillies shut their eyes and hugged intensely while Apple Bloom remained petrified. Roneo chained the fillies around their stomach area and neck tightly in order to prevent them from escaping. "Its nice seeing you again Apple Bloom. But I have business to attend to. Hope you'll enjoy your company." Roneo trotted, although he should be limping since he was zomponified, out of the house and locked the door.

There was a sound of a metal cranking and a sound of something touching a water, making a faint splash sound outside. Due to the deathly silence of the house, they could clearly hear everything outside like there wasn't any wall between them. The fillies heard Roneo speaking to somepony and the sound of 'yes sir's were heard.

A few seconds after the sound outside dissipate, another one was heard. But it was inside the building. Apple Bloom was awaken from her paralysing state when Scootaloo poked her. Apple Bloom turned to face Scootaloo to ask her what she wanted. But the orange filly shakily pointed her hoof to the pair of unnatural glowing red eyes that emerged from behind the table.

"Apple Bloom?" The figure rasped.

Author's Note:

Some people says that it's spelled Apple Bloom while others say its spelled Applebloom.

Comments ( 7 )

I have added this to my read later box. I love story of the blanks! Since my first Fic is about one this will definitely catch my interest. I will post a review later when I have read it. In the mean time, keep it up! I love Ruby! I hope see some references to her.

you can use both just so long as they know who/what it is.

Looking good so far, cant wait to see more!

3015354
Thanks for the comment, I'll try to actually plot out the story now. I'm hoping to wrap this up soon. :ajsmug:

This is good. To bad it was canceled

CANCELLED??!! Author... get on your keyboard, type and don't stop tiLL THIS STORY IS F-I-N-I-S-H-E-D!!! (Thunder & Lightning)

6361147

I might one day. Not planning to do that any time soon

Login or register to comment