• Published 25th May 2013
  • 1,706 Views, 15 Comments

I Need You To Need Me - Diamond Sparkle



Silver Spoon has a secret, that is revealed by the rain

  • ...
7
 15
 1,706

Chapter One-Caught in the rain

Silver Spoon smiled happily as she walked along beside one of her favourite ponies in all the world, Diamond Tiara. Tonight will be just a normal evening where I can hang around and talk with Diamond but tomorrow, tomorrow is her birthday. There will be a party to rival her cutecenara and it's been planned by Pinkie Pie herself so everypony our own age who is not a blank flank will be there. There will be feasting and games and of course Diamond will get such a pile of presents including a very fine bracelet from me. And she and therefore I will be so happy. The sky darkened and she looked up at the sky, where the pegasui were putting a large raincloud together. Oh no...we're supposed to know exactly when it's going to rain, especially in a town. Whoever makes the daily weather reports must have got it wrong, and that means that I'm going to be soaked. My umbrella is back in my bedroom. She looked at the gleaming silver spoon cutie mark upon her flank and shuddered. If we get rained on, she's going to find out, and then she'll freak out and won't want to be my friend anymore.

Far above them in the clouds the Ponyville weather team finished putting together the large raincloud and one of them peered down below and cloud-walked over to the pony in charge, Rainbow Dash. "Rainbow, there are a lot of ponies down there without umbrellas. Perhaps today's weather report was wrong and we should put off the rainstorm for now?"

Rainbow shook her head. "This is summertime, the weather is warm, so nopony is likely to catch a cold because of it. They were warned-the Weather Service never makes mistakes. It's their own fault that they forgot to bring their umbrellas with them. Let's make it pour, everypony." She and her fellow weather team members started to jump up and down on the cloud to force out it's rain.

Down below, Silver jumped as a single drop of rain fell on her nose, followed by a deluge of rain. "Ponyfeathers!" snapped Diamond, as she broke into a trot, then a canter and finally a gallop. "We're going to be soaked because some fool got the weather report wrong." It was a long wet five minutes before they got to Diamond's mansion, and Silver Spoon sneaked a look at her cutie mark. It's gone, the rain washed it right off my flank! This is a disaster. Maybe I can cover it up with my tail and Diamond won't notice and then I can get back home and get it stencilled back on as soon as possible. Why is Diamond staring at me?

"Silver, why are you holding your tail over your flank like Babs Seed? Can I see your cutie mark?"

Silver shuddered. I can't refuse her, not even if what she sees makes her really angry with me. Slowly, reluctantly, she flicked her tail aside to reveal her flank. Her blank flank.

Diamond scowled. "You're a blank flank. You lied to me and held a fake cutecenara. I don't like blank flanks, and I really don't like liars."

Silver Spoon started to shake again with fear. "You don't understand, I need you. I need you to need me." She blushed, her silver-furred cheeks darkening with embarrassment. "We've been together so long since we were little fillies, and I...I think I love you. I learnt early on that I was a fillyfooler but I told nopony, not my parents, my family, my teacher, and least of all you. I feared that you would be disgusted with me and shut you out of your life if you knew. Being with you...talking, going shopping together, the occasional kiss goodbye on my cheek from you, the feel of your hooves and your flank on mine when we do our "bump, bump, sugar lump rump"...I love it all. I want you...I love you just for being you." Just then her flank flashed for a second, and a new, genuine cutie mark appeared upon her flank. A pink heart, with a diamond tiara on top of it as if the heart was wearing the tiara.

Diamond Tiara stared at it.

"You finally got your true cutie mark...and your special talent is being in love with me. Clearly, I'll never find anypony who loves you as much as you do." She pressed a soft kiss upon Silver Spoon's forehead. "Which must mean...if you love me that much, then you are clearly my special somepony. I want to take this slowly...I'm not quite ready to move beyond kissing and cuddling quite yet...although I will do when I feel ready for it. My parents...I'm not sure how they will take it when they find out that I am now a fillyfooler with you as my fillyfriend, but they'll get used to it in time. Tomorrow at my birthday with everypony that has been invited looking on, I want to stand next to you and tell everypony including our parents that you and I are now a couple and that we don't care what anypony thinks about us. I...if this works out between us, then I want to spend the rest of my life with you by my side. I want you to dry yourself off with a towel and go home for now and cover up that cutie mark until tomorrow, as I want it to be a big surprise for everypony." She kissed Silver again, this time lightly on the lips, and then went and got her a towel.

As she walked home Silver thought to herself She loves me, she really does love me. By Celestia, I didn't think that she was going to become my fillyfriend and even make it public to everypony. I am so lucky to be loved by her. She won't regret it, I promise.

Comments ( 15 )

I like were this is going and I can see some trouble not only from Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon's parents but CMC at some point.

Nice concept , very descripitive but it feels rushed , too much happened in so little time

2629952 If I had been writing this with someone else, it would have been so much better. At least I made it descriptive enough this time. :ajsmug:

Wait what?!?!!... That's it???? Wha.. WhA...
.
.
.
Really??

2631589 There will be at least one more chapter, maybe two or three.

2631682 if you could make This chapter like, 20%x10 less event dense that would be great.

2631704 If I ever rework it I'll let you know.

Wow. You really need more... stuff in between events like that. Just anything to make everything not happen all in one ball of rushed words and actions.

The slang term is 'pacing'.

Relevant (somewhat):

S.S. is super creepy right about now. Her special talent is being in love with D.T.? Can some one say emotionally dependent stalker?

2717276 Cheap Trick is a better fit:pinkiehappy:

To all who say that to much happened in so little time, know this, time is an ilusion our minds make time flow so that every thing doesn't happen at once. So no the story was not rushed:derpytongue2:

This feel a bit rushed but is not that bad. But this will not go well. The Sad tag annoy me.:flutterrage:

2944646 Einstein, Hawking, and String Theory say differently!:facehoof: Time can be measured as easily as space. Time perception is relative, and in a story you need pacing. It's the difference between swallowing horse pills (LOL) and a stand of spaghetti.
The story was rushed. You could have made it work with two thousand words. Add in a sub scene with DT thinking over what happened. Tell us how nervous SS is before and after her confession. Where did they run to get out of the rain? Things like that.

3211682 well doctor who.

"I feared that you would be disgusted with me and shut you out of your life if you knew."
should be
"I feared that you would be disgusted with me and shut ME out of your life if you knew."
(and there is at least one more mistake where "you" is misused)
I would interpret such a mark as not LOVING her but SERVICE and LOYALTY to Diamond Tiara being her special talent.
and she got it too soon after the fake washed away. Too convenient and you missed a golden opportunity to create friction between them and therefore conflict. She should have had to suffer as a blank flank for a day or two while Diamond considers what she said and what Silver means to her.
Diamond would feel betrayed, she would have yelled, sent her away, maybe go home and think about it. It would take her a while to realize she feels the same way. Maybe she recalls when the would bump their butts together and how good it felt to have her by her side.
Either the next day or on the second day Diamond would confess she has feelings that are similar.
I mean for Luna's sake, DT said she wanted Silver to meet her parents and be introduced as a couple. that is WAY too fast.
And I see DT as the "Closet lesbian" type
I predict that the CMC would react this way. (if Silver was a blank flank for a day or more)
:unsuresweetie:Would be most eager to forgive and accept Silver has the same affliction they do.
:applecry:would be reluctant to forgive and maybe act indifferent, neither condemning nor supporting Silver.
:scootangel:would probably be most likely to make fun of her for being a hypocrite.
You could have used this conflict as well. Maybe DT see's Scoots making fun of Silver and defends her.

Login or register to comment