• Published 21st May 2013
  • 4,982 Views, 16 Comments

Young Love - DoctorSpectrum



Octavia and Vinyl Scratch spend a brief night together. But is there something more to it?

  • ...
7
 16
 4,982

Young Love

Vinyl Scratch blearily opened her eyes, squinting due to the sunlight shining through the window into her face. It was early morning, and Vinyl was lying in bed. For a moment Vinyl wondered why the bed she was in wasn’t her own, before recalling the events of the past night. She rolled over to see, as she had expected, a grey Earth pony still sleeping. Her hooves had been wrapped around Vinyl in a hug, but as Vinyl had rolled over she had broken out of it.

Vinyl smiled cheekily as she thought of the previous night, and all of the things that she and the other mare had done together. Upon meeting her, Vinyl had been amazed and pleased to find out that the Earth pony was a fillyfooler like her, and from there, one thing had led to another. What was her name again?...Octavia. That was it.

Quietly, and trying to make as few movements as possible, Vinyl slipped out from under the covers and off the bed. At least, she attempted to – as Vinyl landed onto the floor on her back with a heavy thud, she winced in pain and realised that there had probably been a much safer way off the bed. In spite of the thud, Octavia hadn’t woken up, which suited Vinyl just fine.

Vinyl got to her hooves and levitated a pair of purple glasses, which had been lying on the bedside table, onto her eyes. After putting her saddlebag on, which had been thrown to the ground the previous night in a frenzied rush, Vinyl double-checked to make sure that she hadn’t left anything behind. Satisfied that she hadn’t, she left the room.

As she closed the front door to Octavia’s small yet quaint house, Vinyl felt a pang of guilt. Was it fair to just leave Octavia like that, without a goodbye, or even a note? Especially after they had had such an amazing night? Vinyl shook the thought away as she walked up the path which led from Octavia’s front door to a small gate. There was nothing to this. Octavia was probably expecting her to do something like this from the start!

That being said, Vinyl could admit to herself that if she hadn’t already left the house – she was walking up the street now – she probably wouldn’t have been able to resist climbing back into Octavia’s warm bed and cuddling up to the grey pony. After all, Octavia looked adorable when she was sleeping the way she had been, and her warm presence was certainly a nice change to the cold, empty bed which Vinyl would find back in her tiny apartment. And Octavia’s mane! It was so silky and –

Once more, Vinyl shook the thoughts away, convincing herself not to dwell on the wonderful Earth pony any more. She turned the corner as she reached the end of the street, relying on her instincts and vague memory of the previous night rather than bothering to check where she was. At this hour in the morning, there were a few ponies up and about, either heading out for some early shopping or simply going out for a walk on such a nice day.

“Ah, Manehattan!” Vinyl said out loud to nopony in particular as she took another turn down a new street, guessing the direction she would have to take to get back home. A nearby pegasus overheard her and nodded to her friendlily, and she returned his casual nod. “Is there anything which could make my favourite city any more perfect then it already is?” Well, a voice in the back of Vinyl’s head reminded her, things would certainly be better if you were to hypothetically move in with Octa-

“No! Shut up shut up shut up!” Vinyl muttered to herself, hitting her head with a hoof a few times. She noticed a nearby family looking at her in confusion, and gave a weak smile as way of explanation to them before ducking down a side alley. Although she wouldn’t admit it, Vinyl had no idea at this point how to get home, or even where she was. “Dammit, Vinyl, stop thinking about her!” she muttered to herself. “That was for one night only! Nothing more, nothing less!”

Vinyl emerged from the alley, stopped, and bit her lip, her thoughts running wild. “Still… Octavia is really pretty,” she admitted to herself under her breath. She climbed onto a nearby bench, trying to make sense of the thoughts running through her head. Right now, she was feeling very confused and anxious.

What if there is something more? Vinyl pondered. What if something more could come of last night? But at the same time… what if Octavia doesn’t feel the same way? I could go back there, tell her I like her, and she could – wait a minute, what am I thinking? I am Vinyl Scratch! DJ PON-3! I don’t fall for ponies – I keep things strictly to one night only. Even if those ponies are as beautiful as Octavia, with a sexy bowtie – and her voice! Her sexy, alluring, voice, saying “Come to me, Vinyl. Come and let’s –”

“Aargh!!” Vinyl shouted out loud in frustration. “I do not like Octavia!”

“Sounds to me like somepony’s in denial,” a passing unicorn said as he casually walked by Vinyl’s bench.

“I am not in denial!” Vinyl hissed after him. “…Or am I?” she questioned under her breath after actually considering what he had said.

==================================

Back at Octavia’s house, the owner of the property was just waking up in her warm, double bed. Mentally she was, anyway – physically, Octavia still hadn’t opened her eyes, and was planning on spending at least another hour just lying in bed, cuddling with the cute unicorn she had met the previous night. Octavia realised that her front hooves were feeling unexpectedly cold, and stretched them forwards, planning to drag her lover closer for some snuggling.

There was nopony on the other side of the bed.

Octavia’s eyes snapped open as she realised that she was alone in her bed. The covers were off the bed slightly, explaining the chill Octavia had felt in her hooves. It’s okay, Octavia, she thought to herself. Vinyl has probably just gotten up to use the bathroom, or take a shower. A moment later, Octavia noticed Vinyl’s oversized glasses missing from the bedside table, where they had been placed the previous night.

“Oh, no! No no no no no no!” Octavia said hastily as she threw the covers off herself and got out of bed. It only took her a moment to realise that Vinyl’s saddlebag was also gone, confirming Octavia’s worst fears – Vinyl had left.

For a moment, Octavia felt a bout of anxiety, before a new thought occurred to her. “Maybe… maybe she had an important appointment this morning, and had to leave early! Maybe she’s left me a note around here somewhere!”

In spite of Octavia’s optimistic idea, and her thorough search over every inch of her bedroom, she finally had to face the truth – Vinyl had left with no intention of coming back or seeing her again. Octavia sunk into her bed and pulled the covers over her head. “Why is it that every time I meet a nice pony, nothing ever comes of it?” Octavia asked herself slowly and sadly, the reality of the situation sinking in. “I thought… I thought that Vinyl actually liked me last night. She seemed… so interesting… and pretty…”

Octavia took a deep breath, her eyes quivering slightly. However, before she could voice her next thought, a new one occurred to her. “…But then again, who is it to say that nothing has come of this?” She pulled the blankets off her head and sat up. “Why can’t I see Vinyl again? Why can’t we at least talk about last night, and our feelings? True, there is a chance for even worse consequences to come of this, but that is a risk that I am willing to take!”

Confident now, Octavia leapt off her bed and to the floor, a fiery passion in her eyes. “With Celestia as my witness, I swear that I shall find Vinyl Scratch somehow, and – and we shall discuss things if nothing else!” Octavia declared, faltering slightly as she declared her goal on the spot.

Octavia swiftly put her bowtie on, grabbed an apple for an impromptu and small breakfast, and then headed out her front door. “Wherever you are, Vinyl Scratch, I shall find you!” she stated boldly.

==================================

“Okay, okay… so I like Octavia,” Vinyl muttered to herself, rubbing a hoof into her forehead. She was still lying on her bench, finding it much easier to sort through her thoughts and feelings whilst lying down. “I can admit it to myself – she is bucking hot, after all. Only thing is… what do I do now?”

Vinyl slowly got off the bench and started pacing in a small circle, still feeling very confused about the feelings she had apparently developed for the grey Earth pony. “I couuuld go back to her place… but what’ll she do if I just rock up there after leaving like I did? No, that won’t work… unless I can make it look like I left for a good reason?”

Vinyl stopped pacing for a moment and looked around from the ground she had been facing, wracking her brains for an idea. “Urgh! Why is this so damn hard?!” she shouted after nothing came to mind. “This is such a stupid idea! I should just head on back home!”

After inspiration failed to hit her for another minute or so, Vinyl started seriously considering doing just that, before she noticed a shop she hadn’t before. It was nothing, really – just a small coffee shop. Nothing too fancy, nothing too cheap. Just an ordinary coffee shop. However, that ordinary coffee shop gave Vinyl an idea.

Several minutes later, Vinyl emerged from the shop, two cups of coffee being levitated by her magic. She had a gigantic grin plastered all over her face, having thought of (what was in her mind) the perfect plan.

“All I have to do is get to Tavi’s house, and then I can tell her that I went out to grab coffee for both of us!” Vinyl said deviously. “She’ll totally believe it, and she’ll think that the gesture is awesome!” For a minute Vinyl’s pace slowed as she started fantasising as to what Octavia would do when she found out about the gesture, before Vinyl snapped back into reality as she realised that she had a problem.

“Uh… where am I?”

==================================

“Now, logic dictates that Vinyl will have gone straight home, wherever that may be,” Octavia thought out loud to herself as she exited and closed the door of her small home. “What did she say again about herself last night…?” Octavia closed her eyes and thought back to the events of the prior evening…

Octavia was wearing a simple black dress and her trademark bow tie. She was up on stage, playing her cello easily and confidently – it was her special talent, after all. Although she occasionally played at high social events such as the Grand Galloping Gala, her true calling was in small downtown jazz bars such as the one she was in now.

As Octavia finished her final piece and the crowd applauded, she caught the eye of a unicorn in the crowd. She had a messy blue mane, and although it was hard to tell behind her purple glasses, she seemed to have been watching Octavia throughout her performance as intently as Octavia had been watching her.

After packing up the cello the establishment had provided her with, Octavia headed on over to the mystery unicorn. Surely it wouldn’t hurt to just talk to her, would it?

“Hello,” Octavia said as she sat down in the unicorn’s booth, acting more confidently than she felt. “I noticed that you seemed to enjoy the show quite a bit.”

“Eh?” the unicorn asked her, apparently not hearing her.

“I said, ‘I noticed that you seemed to enjoy the show’,” Octavia said a bit louder. Maybe the unicorn was slightly deaf?

The unicorn shook her head. “I can’t hear you properly. You’ll have to come closer.” Octavia frowned, but nevertheless did as she requested.

“I said –”

“Much better,” the unicorn said, grinning. “Now I can do this!” Without warning, she leaned forwards and started kissing Octavia. Although Octavia was taken by surprise, she offered no resistance at all to the soft pair of lips caressing her own, eagerly exploring everything her mouth had to offer. The two continued like this for several minutes before Vinyl pulled back suddenly, leaving Octavia confused.

“What- what’s the matter?” she asked, worried that she had been doing something wrong.

“Nothing. Just, uh, wondering what your name is,” the unicorn answered, looking slightly embarrassed that she had stopped the kissing to ask such a simple question. “Mine’s Vinyl Scratch.”

“I am Octavia,” Octavia replied simply.

“Got it.” There were a few moments of silence between the two mares, each unsure how to continue.

“So, um - ” Octavia began.

“Shall we -?” Vinyl offered.

The two mares leaned back in together and resumed their kissing, each one very much interested in the other and what she had to offer.

“…No, now that I come to think of it, I didn’t learn too much about Vinyl last night,” Octavia admitted out loud. “Other than her body, that is.” Octavia simply stood and thought about her next course of action for a minute.

“Maybe I’ll head to the bar we met in last night,” Octavia suggested. “Perhaps Vinyl is a regular attendee there, and I simply hadn’t noticed her prior to last evening.”

==================================

“…Nope, it’s not this street either. Damn! And I thought that this area was starting to look familiar!” Vinyl sighed, and sat down on the ground, feeling helpless. It took her a moment before she realised that the area she was in was familiar – she had somehow found her way back to the bar in which she and Octavia had met each other. The sky had gotten somewhat gloomier, and between that and the darkness of the previous night, it had been hard to recognise the bar.

“And if I recall, Octavia lives in the more upper-class part of town… Huh, I was waaaaay off!” Vinyl thought out loud. “Still, maybe the people in the bar will know something about Octavia! She was playing a set here, after all.” Ignoring the CLOSED sign on the door, Vinyl casually opened the door to the bar. Inside were a hoof-full of ponies. Most of them were cleaning and barely paid any attention to her appearance, but at the bar was a dark-coated stallion refilling some barrels of cider.

“Hey!” he barked as Vinyl entered the bar. “Can’t you read the sign? Bar’s closed until five!”

“This is much more important than a bar being closed,” Vinyl said in what she thought was a cool voice, trotting over to the bar. “I need information, and I can make it worth your while.”

The stallion cautiously raised an eyebrow, intrigued now. “What are you offering?” he asked, his curiosity getting the better of him.

Vinyl levitated some money out of her saddlebag and dumped it onto the bar. “Fifty bits. How’s that sound to you?”

The bartender picked up a coin with his hoof and examined it. “This… this is Monopony money,” he said.

“It is?” Vinyl asked incredulously, examining a coin for herself. “Huh. I have no idea how that got into my saddlebag.” She returned the fake money to her bag and got out some actual cash. “Sorry about that. Anyway, how’s this look?”

“Much better,” the stallion agreed, sweeping the money into the cash register. “Now, what do you want to know?”

“There was a performer last night… her name’s Octavia. I need to find out where she lives. It’s super important!”

“So you need to know where she lives, huh?” The bartender grinned. “Sounds a little suss to me, but I won’t ask any questions…”

“It’s none of your business!” Vinyl blurted out.

“...Especially after the way you two were going at it last night,” the bartender continued, pointing a hoof to the very booth where Vinyl and Octavia had been kissing. Vinyl found herself blushing strongly, and she resumed talking to try and cover it up.

“A –are you going to help me, or not?” she asked.

“Yeah, sure. I’ve got Octavia’s address somewhere in the record book out back,” the stallion replied. “Need it for payments and stuff. Come with me, I’ll write it down for you.” He came out from the bar and led Vinyl to a back room.

A minute later, the door to the bar opened once more, as Octavia came in. She felt slightly guilty about coming into the bar when it was closed, but then again, she played here often enough that she could consider herself an employee. That made it okay, right?

Seeing nopony more important to speak to, Octavia went over to one of the cleaners. “Hello there,” she greeted. “Tell me, do you know where Double Shot, the bartender, is?”

The cleaner stopped mopping the floor for a minute to think. “Uh, he was over by the bar most of the morning, but just a minute or two ago a pony came in and started talking to him. They went out back just before.”

“Hmm.” Octavia looked over to the bar, feeling impatient. If there was one pony who could possibly tell her something about Vinyl – assuming that Vinyl came here often – it would be Double Shot. “Any idea what they were talking about?” Octavia asked. She was debating just barging into the back room and asking Double Shot about Vinyl if he wasn’t in the middle of something important.

“Dunno, but the pony gave him a lot of money before they headed out back.” The cleaner shrugged and resumed mopping the floor whilst Octavia thought this over.

Bother. That sounds fairly important, not to mention potentially illegal, Octavia thought. “Thank you for your help,” she told the cleaner. Although she could have just waited for Double Shot to finish his meeting, she didn’t want to stay in one place for too long when Vinyl was out in the city somewhere. And besides, who knew how long Double Shot could take? “When Double Shot is finished, could you please tell him that Octavia would like him to contact her as soon as possible? He has my address and should be able to contact me,” Octavia said.

“Sure, no problem,” the cleaner confirmed. With nothing else keeping her here, Octavia headed for the door.

“Maybe Vinyl frequents a variety of bars,” Octavia suggested to herself out loud before exiting the building.

“…so anyway, if you take that street there, and go past this roundabout, you should be able to find it pretty easily,” Double Shot explained to Vinyl, pointing a hoof at a piece of paper Vinyl was levitating a few minutes later as the two ponies emerged from the mysterious and dusty back room of the bar.

“Wait… which road do I take from here again?” Vinyl asked, staring at the piece of paper. It had a crude map drawn on it by Double Shot, along with written instructions on how to get to Octavia’s just to be sure.

Double Shot facehoofed, and gave Vinyl a little prod in the direction of the door. “Just follow the instructions, and you’ll find your marefriend just fine!” he grunted. Vinyl felt herself blushing once more. “Now get out of here! I still have work to do, y’know!” Vinyl complied eagerly, happy to get away from the bar and to Octavia’s place as soon as possible.

Double Shot had barely gotten back to work when the cleaner Octavia had been speaking to called over to him. “Hey, Double Shot!”

“What now?” he grunted. “You’re getting paid to work, y’know, not paid to talk to me!”

“A mare came in whilst you were out back – she wanted me to give you a message. Says her name is Octavia and she’d like you to contact her.”

Double Shot had just picked up a glass to begin cleaning it, but dropped it as the cleaner gave the message. “Octavia was in here?!”

“I guess that was the pony’s name, since that’s what she wanted me to say to you,” the cleaner said, ignoring the fact that his boss had just dropped a glass that would require imminent cleaning.

“As in, grey fur, silky mane, pink bowtie Octavia?” Double Shot asked.

“Yeah. What’s the big deal? She plays here sometimes, doesn’t she?” the cleaner asked.

Double Shot facehoofed once more. “That mare that was just in here was asking about her! If I’d known, I could have saved her a trip to Octavia’s place! I should go out there and tell her that – she’s probably far away by now.” He sighed, and slowly began picking up the larger glass shards from the glass he’d dropped.

The cleaner grinned. “Trying to set up two pretty mares together, boss?”

Double Shot scowled. “Shut up and get back to work.”

==================================

Vinyl trotted down the street, as cheerful as a filly who’d been accepted into Princess Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns. She had Octavia’s address! She could go see the amazing mare once more! Of course, “I was getting coffee” is a bit of an weak excuse when you’ve been gone for more than an hour, but who cared? Not even the lightly drizzling rain could dampen Vinyl’s mood.

“Wow- I’ve got a fair bit of distance to go!” Vinyl said, examining the map to double-check that she was on the right path. As she looked at it, a few drops of rain drizzled onto the paper. She looked up to the clouds, and scowled when she realised that things were only going to get worse. Then her expression returned to one of joy when she thought once more about how she was going to be seeing Octavia.

“Now, how to do this?” Vinyl wondered out loud. “Maybe I’ll come into her room, cuddle up to her, and then when she wakes up, I’ll pass her a coffee like it’s no big deal!” Vinyl had failed to notice by now that the coffees she’d bought were already cold and would taste worse than dishwater. “Or… maybe I’ll take a shower when I get back there, and then when she gets up and looks to find where I am, I’ll come out and say something like, ‘Sorry, but when I’m around you I can’t help getting – WET?!’”

Vinyl shouted as a nearby pony galloped through a deep puddle, splashing her with water and soaking her from head to hoof. “Hey! Watch where you’re going!” she shouted angrily after him.

“Sorry!” he called back, although from his tone it was clear that he wasn’t actually sorry.

“Jerk,” Vinyl spat. Her sour mood was gone in an instant though, as she levitated out the map Double Shot had drawn her… only to see it break down into pulp, having been soaked as thoroughly as she herself had been.

“What – what the -?” Vinyl stammered, watching the one chance she had had to find Octavia disappear. The mess of pulp that had been a crudely drawn map fell to the ground and into a puddle. “No!” Vinyl shouted loudly. She stomped a hoof onto the ground harshly, ignoring the jolt of pain that shot up her leg.

“Dammit! Why can’t I just find you, Octavia?!” she said angrily. “Why is nothing working out today?!”

==================================

Meanwhile, Octavia was having problems of her own in searching for Vinyl. She’d visited every bar in the downtown area of Manehattan, and none of them were open. Octavia was ready to give up. She knew nothing about Vinyl other than her name, and the fact that Vinyl had left so abruptly already suggested to her that Vinyl may have just been viewing the night as unimportant.

Right now, Octavia was lying on a bench, ignoring the rain falling all around her in favour of her own self-misery. She knew in the back of her mind, of course, that there was a chance that Double Shot would contact her and help her to find the most adorable unicorn she’d ever known, but right now that felt like a very small condolence.

Being a musical pony, Octavia often found it easier to express her feelings through music than through thoughts or words, and so she took it upon herself to start humming a song summing up her emotions at the moment. It may have been a small way to make herself feel only slightly better, but every little bit helped.

Though I only know your name, I’ll go from door to door,” Octavia sung, making up lyrics to fit her song on the spot.

Searching all the crowded streets for the mare that I once saw.

Though I only know your name, I’ll go from door to door.

Tell me have you seen the mare I met just once before?”

Octavia sighed. “I suppose the only thing left to do is to go home and await Double Shot contacting me,” she reasoned. Sadly, Octavia picked herself up from the bench and started heading for her fancy yet lonely house.

==================================

On the other side of Manehattan, Vinyl Scratch was sulking. She had been so close, dammit, to finding Octavia’s house, and then her map had been destroyed by that stupid pony. She couldn’t even go back to the bar and beg Double Shot for another map – she’d already forgotten the way back to the bar. Right now, there was nothing to do but lie on a bench and sulk.

Just like Octavia, Vinyl was also a musical pony, and she too often found it easier to express her feelings through music than through thoughts or words. She took it upon herself to start tapping her hooves to a beat as a way of cheering herself up slightly. It may have been a small way to make herself feel only slightly better, but every little bit helped.

UNTS UNTS UNTS UNTS!” Vinyl started making a beat to go with her humming, before giving up shortly after realising that a heavy beat and bass drop just didn’t suit the song. She decided to try her hoof at something a bit softer.

One night of love, nothing more nothing less,

One night of love, to put my head in a mess.

Is that you on the – nope, buck it,” Vinyl stopped, interrupting her own song. “Just – just stop thinking about her, Vinyl, you idiot. You’re never going to see her again.” She looked up at the sky, which was still drizzling fairly constantly.

Vinyl sighed. “I suppose I’d better start finding my way home,” she said, picking herself up from the bench and looking for a possible way back to her small and lonely apartment.

==================================

By the time Octavia had gotten across town to her apartment, it was nearly midday. The rain hadn’t let up, and she was soaking wet and cold, but these things were nothing next to the disappointment she’d felt from being unable to find Vinyl Scratch. As Octavia opened her front door – which she could have sworn she’d left locked – she decided that she would spend the rest of the day in bed with a nice mug of tea, to help make herself feel at least a little better.

At least, that was Octavia’s initial plan. As she entered her room after drying herself off with a towel which she’d found lying around the corridor, she found an unexpected sight waiting for her on her bed.

“’Sup, babe?” Vinyl asked her, grinning happily.

“Vinyl!” Octavia squealed happily. To Vinyl’s surprise, Octavia launched herself onto the bed and at Vinyl. “Where –were – you – I –was – so – worried – and – confused!” Octavia asked, giving Vinyl a kiss between each word.

“I uh, went out to get – Mmph!” Vinyl’s explanation was cut off as Octavia planted her lips over Vinyl’s. She hadn’t meant to, really – it’s just that there were much better things Vinyl could be doing with her mouth than talking.

The two mares kissed passionately for a few moments before pulling away from each other. “S-sorry,” Octavia said. She was feeling a rush of emotions and thoughts right now, primarily along the lines of Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes! “You were saying?”

“Uh, yeah,” Vinyl continued awkwardly, “I, uh, went out to get us both coffee, but I kinda got lost. But in the end, I ended up finding your street through a random coincidence, and now here I am!” She was lying on her side right now, and she raised a hoof as a show of drama. “Whaddya think?”

“I think…” Octavia said, pretending to think carefully, “…that you’ve left yourself open… to this!” Swiftly, she pounced upon Vinyl and started blowing raspberries upon her exposed neck.

“H-hey, Tavi! Sto-stop that!” Vinyl giggled, finding herself oddly ticklish to Octavia’s raspberries.

Octavia took a brief pause to say, “Never!” before continuing her relentless assault.

“W-well, if you’re gonna kee-keep doin’ that,” Vinyl gasped, struggling to breathe in amongst all of her laughing, “I’ll just have to do… this!” With both of her hooves, she grabbed Octavia around the waist, and rolled them both over so that she was now on top of Octavia. She had been planning to give Octavia a hickey once she’d gotten her into the optimal position, but now that she was here, she found herself staring into Octavia’s beautiful violet eyes instead. Likewise, Octavia found herself unable to tear her gaze from Vinyl’s deep magenta eyes.

Wordlessly, the two mares kissed each other. Unlike the other times they had kissed, this was a kiss of love, rather than a kiss of passion. After a minute or so, they stopped, and soon found themselves cuddling each other, content to be in the company of one another.

After a few silent minutes of this, it was Vinyl Scratch who broke the silence. “Hey Tavi…?” she asked.

“Yes, Vinyl?” Octavia answered, feeling an immense surge of joy, knowing for sure now that the mare she had her hooves wrapped around right now cared for her just as much as she herself cared for her.

“Wanna have sex again?”

Octavia smiled. “I wouldn’t have it any other way, Vinyl.”

THE END

Author's Note:

Why can't I hold all of these one-shot Octavia/Vinyl fics?!

I got the idea from this from the song Young Love, since I'm a talentless hack who needs to steal ideas from real people. Anyway, hope everyone enjoys!

Comments ( 16 )

Nice, sweet and funny. The pacing's rushed, IMO, but then again, it's a one-shot. Glad you followed my (and other people's) advice and wrote a real, decent OctaScratch shipfic. :twilightsmile:

Niiiice:ajsmug:!
Great story, really funny and all!
a five out of five in my book:raritywink:
I'm really curious about how Vinyl found her way back to Octavia's place now:pinkiehappy:

Hm....I'm honestly not sure how to feel about this. I mean I liked the plot line, and absolutely thought it was very sweet, but it still felt a little...ehh.... It felt like a small element was missing, but I can't quite figure it out. Well, in any case I still liked it, it was a little funny, and it is rather interesting to see Vinyl be somewhat annoyed for once over something like this. (Usually, it's Octavia)

They're polar opposites Dubstep VS Symphonies it's that sort of thing that attract each other.

Oh my...an author that specializes in Octa-Scratch stories...I think I am going to enjoy this. :pinkiehappy:

Lol nice one shot man really liked it very funny

2609949
Yeah, I definitely felt like I was rushing it towards the end. It got to a point whilst I was writing it when I said "I just want to finish this damn thing tonight and get it over and done with!", so I can certainly admit that I rushed it.

2612520
I actually have been meaning to write some other fics for a while now, but I keep getting good OctaScrach ideas. Glad to see you're interested, though!

2614459
I hope that using the vectorised version is okay?

Cute little story. Well done!

It was a really cute story. especially for my first vinyl and Octavia story I really liked it:heart:

I thought it was good

PS . You are not talentless

this was well done and kinda funny i liked it great job

 ‘Sorry, but when I’m around you I can’t help getting – WET?!’”

I have tried that before. Didn't go very well....

Anyway, loved the fic and I'm questioning why there isn't a "Feel good" search tag. Seriously, there's a dark tag, why not a Feel good tag?

Great story, :twilightsmile:

Dude, you aren't talentless, you should have a cutie mark in writing :raritystarry: simply wonderful:heart:

since I'm a talentless hack who needs to steal ideas from real people. Anyway, hope everyone enjoys!

You mean your not a real person?!

Login or register to comment