• Published 9th Oct 2013
  • 1,287 Views, 38 Comments

The Amazing Race Equestria! - River Dashe



With spike as their host, the amazing race comes to Equestria!

  • ...
2
 38
 1,287

Third Leg in The Crystal Empire PT. 2: "I told you!"

the first Train arrives at 9:45
the four ponies rushed out one by one, Spitfire found the clue
"Make your way to the crystal empire jousting station to receive your next clue'
the two teams ran, and because of the wonderbolt's speed, they arrived first, and read the clue (Spitfire and soarin are currently in 1st place)
"Roadblock: who is the best jouster?"

the next scene has spike riding a pony and holding a lance.
"a Roadblock is a task that only one team member can perform. in this roadblock, that team member must joust and beat three ponies without losing, if they lose, they must go all the way back to the first jouster! and if there are multiple ponies, they have to take turns every fight"

spitfire looked at the camera and said:
"soarin actually has experience jousting, so he's gonna take this one"

as soarin got the costume on the musicians arrived
Vinyl and Octavia are currently in 2nd place

"I'll do this one ta-" Vinyl was about to finish when she was cut off by her partner
"sorry Vinyl, but I'd like to do this one" she said with confidence.
"whatever you say, just don't get us in las-"
she was cut off with what she saw, and what the wonderbolts had missed: The Yield sign.
"you go ahead tavi, Imma yield a team" a devilish grin creeping upon her face.
"okay then"

while that was happening, soarin' was on his third opponent, he dashed toward him on the apposing side, his lance smashing into his foe, knocking him to the ground. that pony gave soarin the next clue, he read it out loud to his partner:
"make your way to the library, where the librarian will give you the next clue."
as they started to dash, soarin noticed the yield. wanting to kill himself for not noticing it, soarin realized who was on it and smirked.....

Vortex and River
........................................................................................................................................................................

Octavia stood at her end, she was nervous, it was her first time jousting, after all. her lance attached to her armor, she dashed, her opponent did the same, as she reached the middle where she was supposed to hit her foe, but she missed, luckily, she dodged. As she reached her Opponent's end, she turned around, she was less nervous now, she dashed even faster, knocking her opponent to the ground with her lance.
"WHOOHOOOOO! THAT WAS AWESOME TAVI!!!!!!" she heard her partner shout, this gave her even more confidence for her next opponent.
........................................................................................................................................................................

The second train arrives at 10:00
the siblings and athletes both hopped out, and even though twilight found the clue first, the athletes were too fast and dashed past them. "HA take that egghead!" rainbow dash shouted at her nerdy friend.
"why that little..." twilight began, but was interrupted by her brother
"C'mon twi, she's your friend, she was just joking"
"yeah you're right, sorry I got so Angry all of the sudden"
"It's okay, now let's run, wanna piggy back ride?"
"REALLY?!"
"yeah"
he didn't have to ask twice, she hopped right on his back. as he dashed, he went past the athletes; twilight stuck out her tongue at them.
........................................................................................................................................................................

Octavia was doing great, she was on her last opponent. she shuffled her hoof, waiting for the right time and............RUN!
she ran as fast as she could, so fast she sent her foe flying. a few minutes late he trotted back to giver her the clue,
as she read it, she immediately returned to her fellow musician, and dashed off.
.........................................................................................................................................................................

Rainbow dash, apple jack, twilight sparkle on the back of her brother Shining Armour, all neck and neck and neck, they all arrived at the same time each grabbing the clue.
Twilight Sparkle and Shining armour & Applejack and Rainbow Dash are currently tied for 3rd place
The Siblings agreed on Shining, seeing as he has experience doing it, and the Athletes decided.......well....they decided to fight over it.
"I TOLD YOU! I BEAT FLUTTERSHY AT IT" Rainbow Dash shouted at the Cowmare
"No offence to fluttershy, but, that ain't a big achievement, she's not athletic at all!" Applejack said, in no way to say that fluttershy was bad.
"uh....guys?
"I BEAT OTHERS AS WELL!"
um.....guys?
"Yeah, that hadn' plays for thousands of years!"
"Guys...."
"YEAH WELL..."
"Guys?"
"GAH!"
"Oh....was I too loud?"
"That voice....." Rainbow Dash said, it was strangely familiar............
There was only a silhouette of a Pegasus...
"Please stop fighting, you'll lose the race, I don't want that to happen...."
All they could do was nod, as the silhouette disappeared...
"Okay, ah think you can go Rainbow Dash, ya have done it before anyway..."
"Y-yeah......" Rainbow couldn't stop thinking about what had just happened, mainly because it happened to them before, back in canterlot, just when they were about have to try the fitting again, a mysterious pony convinced fluer de lis that the outfit was good, even if wasn't...
.........................................................................................................................................................................
Shining Armour had already taken off to the library when Rainbow Dash got ready, she dashed toward her foe instantly knocking him down, Applejack knew she made the right choice....

After two more opponents, the Athletes made a run for it, while the other three teams all arrived there...
Sky & Pinkie, Vortex and River, and Babs and Apple bloom are tied for 5th place
"Ah'll do it" said apple bloom
"I'm up!" Sky said.
"I think I'll..." River was about to say he'll do it, but then Noticed the Yield sign....
"DAMN IT VORTEX I TOLD YOU!"

Author's Note:

Another short one just to get back on track sorry again

Comments ( 2 )

All right, glad to see this story updated...and man, things are getting intense. Nice job! :twilightsmile: :ajsmug:::yay: :rainbowdetermined2: :raritywink: :pinkiehappy:

3936949
thank you very much,
and again, sorry for the big wait, I gotta get more productive!

Login or register to comment