• Published 9th Oct 2013
  • 1,287 Views, 38 Comments

The Amazing Race Equestria! - River Dashe



With spike as their host, the amazing race comes to Equestria!

  • ...
2
 38
 1,287

Introducing the teams.

Under the clouds and through the roads of ponyville, stands town hall, inside it stands a small purple dragon.
"Hi, I'm spike, and this, is town hall, where ponyville began, and home of mayor mare, the mayor of this small town, it is also the starting line, for the amazing race. And her stands nine teams, shall we meet them?"

An orange colt smiled at the camera along with a blue mare.

Mr. And Ms. Cake
Relationship: married
Hometown:Ponyville

"It's been a great twenty years, and this is our annerversary, I think it'll be much better than one of Pinkie's crazy parties"
Said Mr. Cake, smiling at the camera.

"We're gonna win, me and my husband have been together for a long time now, we know each other's strengths and weaknesses, it's going to be a challenge, but I'm sure we'll pass"
Mrs. Cake said, hugging her husband.

The camera shifted to two younger mares, one a Pegasus, and one an Earth pony.
Rainbow Dash and Applejack
Relationship:rivals/friends and athletes
Hometowns: cloudsdale and ponyville

"Heh, normally I'd do this with Pinkie Pie, but she's so random, I just don't know if she was the best partner, so I decided to have the most athelet- aside from me, the most atheletic pony, Applejack."
Rainbow Dash said with a smirk.

"Rainbow can be overconfident at times, but ah gotta admit, she's fast on both her feet, and her wings, it's an ahdvantage for sure."
Admitted Applejack, spitting on her hoof, and hoof bumping Rainbow Dash.

The camera moved on to a view of a unicorn and an earth pony kissing....wait...KISSING?
"Ahem!" The camera man shouted.
"GAH! Oh...right, the race, I forgot all about the race!"
"Oh vinyl."

vinyl scratch and octavia
Relationship:dating and fellow artists
Hometown:ponyville

"I can't wait to do this with tavi!" Said vinyl, "it's gonna be SUH WEET! WUBWUBWUB"

"Vinyl is a bit forgetful," Octavia explained to the camera, "but she's sweet, and I'm very very happy to do this with her."

The camera moved on to another team, one a small alicorn, and a bigger white unicorn.

shining armour and Twilight sparkle
Relationship:best friends and siblings
Hometown:canterlot

"I can't wait to do this with my BBBFF," said twilight, "he's fast, I'm smart, its the ultamite team!
"We're fast, we're strong, we're smart, I don't see why we can't win this one!" Shining armour said.

The camera moved on to the fifth team, where a pink pony was hopping up and down
"Ugh! When are we gonna get our turn?!"
"Hush pinks, soon." A blue colt said to her marefriend.

Pinkie Pie and Sky Skipper
Relationship:just started dating
Hometowns:cloudsdale and a rock farm

"WEE! Me and my coltfriend are gonna kick flank! Not literally, but, you know what I mean! I mean, come on! I wouldn't really kick somepony's flank, that would would just be plain mean! Especially to fluttershy! Who would be so mean to hurt flutters? She's so cute and harmless! Unless she uses the stare, I mean, that's SCARY, I'm glad she's never done it to me, has she? Maybe, I don't remember, but I once had a dream that we were trapped in fluttershy's shed, I mean, she wouldn't really turn derpy into a toaster right? OF COURSE NOT! Hm, I think I should give skippy a turn!" Pinkie giggled

"Me and pinkie met a few weeks ago, I gathered the courage to ask her out about a week ago though, I think we can definentley win this, for sure!" Sky shouted with a smirk.

The camera shifted to two pegasi

Spitfire and Soarin
Realtion ship:captains of the wonder bolts and coworkers
Hometown:cloudsdale

"Me and Soarin have known each other for a while now," said Spitfire, "we can definently challenge ourselves win.

"Heh, I really don't see why we shouldn't win, we totally deserve it!" Soarin shouted, "with me and Spitfire, its gonna be great!"

The camera moved on To a very small unicorn, and a really tall one.

Snips and Snails
Relationship:I don't really know, I think they're friends or something
Hometown:ponyville

"I may be slow, but I'm smart!" Snails said, "i'll be doing the brain challanges."

"I'm not as smart as snails, but I'm fast, I'll be doing the physical challanges."

The camera moved on to the second last team, two more pegasi.
River Dash and Vortex
Relationship: exes
Hometown: unknown

"Heh, there's absolutely no doubt we're gonna win" vortex said with a smirk "just because we broke up doesn't mean we don't get along, I'm sure we can do this!"

River looked at the camera
The camera man cleared his throat "AHEM"
"Yeah...I don't know what to say..."
"WELL THINK OF SOMETHING BECAUSE YOURE DISQUALIFIED IF YOU DONT!"
"FIIINE"
"My name is river dash and km gonna win"

The camera man rolled his eyes, "moving on"

The camera viewed the last team, the smallest team

Apple Bloom and Babs Seed
Relationship: cousins
Hometowns:ponyville and manehattan

"Ah know," Apple Bloom began, "many of y'all would say we're too young fer this, but me and may cuzin' are gonna win!"

"Seeing ahs we didn' get to see each other during the reunion," explained babs, "we thought, hey, amazing race! So we entered it!"

"And that's our teams!"

The next scene was spike standing in front of all nine teams, "now, in this race you're racing for 25.000 bits," the tea.s screamed in joy, "a mentoring session with princess celestial herself," they screamed again, "and the amazing race equestria!" They all screamed again.
"But before we start, may I call up all pegasi and unicorns?"
They all walked up to spike. Spike put bands on their hooves, "these are for so we make sure you don't fly or use magic during the race. "Aaaaaaw"
"Anyway, back in your lines"
"Now, on your marks," the teams got their hooves ready to gallop,
"Get set," they all leaned down.
"GO!"