• Published 9th Oct 2013
  • 1,287 Views, 38 Comments

The Amazing Race Equestria! - River Dashe



With spike as their host, the amazing race comes to Equestria!

  • ...
2
 38
 1,287

Second leg in canterlot pt 3. "Not you again!"

Apple Bloom and Babs seed were by far the slowest team, and especially since they got out last, they weren't getting very far, on the other hoof they were lucky, they were the only team who didn't get lost, even though they had no idea where they were going they were just lucky.
"Bah, or sell?" Apple Bloom asked her cousin.
"Ah say we do buy, it's less work."
"Gotcha"

Apple Bloom and Babs Seed are currently in 5th place

As they started to pick clothes, Sky was having some problems with Pinkie.
"Pinkie...I think that map is up side down."
"Oh silly-willy-filly Sky!"
I'm not a-"
"The earth is ROUND there is no up and down!"
"Okay but it's just... There's also two holes in the map."
"Well DUH, if there wasn't I wouldn't be able to seeeee!"
"Pinkie, how bout you take some relief and I'll do the map reading."
"Really? You'd do that for me?"
"Of course, I guess I'm your coltfriend, it's what they do!"
Pinkie wiped a tear from her eye as she handed him the map, she then said this in A voice over:
"He really..." *sniff* "taught me what" *sniff sniff* "love could do that day...and I took some relief," she bawled out crying. "AND IT FELT GOO-OO-OD."
While sky was reading the map correctly, the Cakes had arrived there, and chose sell.

Mr. And Mrs. Cake are currently in 6th place.

"Great, this is just great!" Rainbow growled, they were still lost, "just to think we could be safe YOU lost the map!"
"It was an accident! You never let things go!"
"What? YOURE the one that never let's things go!" She started doing really bad impression of Applejack "Rainbow daawsh! You were napping Whigle iahr dihd ahall tha work BLABLABLA."
They did nothing at first, but instantly dived on to eachother and started fighting again.
Meanwhile Sky with his awesome navigating skills, found the boutique next
"Let's do buy, i think you needa nice pink and black dress, maybe pink and white."
"Okey dokey lokey!"

Sky and Pinkie are currently in 7th place

Meanwhile at the theatre, the four teams snapped back to reality,
"Uhhh I'll do this River...I guess"
"You sure? You just went through a painful and horrible breakup, you really want to get together with someone?" River said jokily
"Oh shut up" Vortex said half laughing "I'm gonna do this and you're gonna let me!"
"Okay, good luck, you can do this."
Suddenly Vortex kissed River on the lips.
"Thanks" she then walked away.
River smiled.
Vortex had walked up to the siblings, and decided to tease them a bit. "So who gets to be my colt/marefriend?"
Shining Armour and Twilight looked at eachother. "Uuuh a moment please" they ran to a privet place and started talking
"Crap!" Twilight shouted, "why did we choose me?! I'm not gay!"
"Twilight, it's a show, trust me, you're gonna do great."
"Well I dunno, from what I know of Vortex...she's a bit of a psycho."
"Then you're gonna have to deal with a psycho, you'll do just fine."
"Oh....Kay"

Meanwhile pinkie and sky had picked out clothes, so did the crusaders.
"Ugh! Skippy why does this take so loooong? This line is like forever! Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrp!"
"Don't worry pinks, we'll get there eventually."
"Ugh! But i don't want to get there eventually! I want it nooooooooooooooowww!"
"It's okay pinks it's okay."

Meanwhile on stage, Twilight and Vortex's play had started.
"Butterscotch??" What are you doing here?!" Twilight had said, dressed as a pony named cookie cream.
The scene was at a sidewalk, and butterscotch (vortex) was found by cookie, drinking,
"I...I don't know...it's just...I was hurt, claimed that everypony hated me...I can't seem to remember much but I'm depressed...and...I hurt all over..." Butterscotch said depressingly
Twilight hated to admit it, but for a psycho, vortex was really good at this, it was like she knew how to act...uh oh...she was so focused on vortex she forgot about the lines!
'GAH! What were they?! Uhh...shoot, I should try improvising...'
"Why?" Cookie said, a bit pressured.
Vortex looked at twilight confused, but realized it wouldn't intercept with her lines anyway
"BECAUSE EVERYPONY THINKS IM CRAZY! THEY ALL THINK IM JUST A PSYCHO THATS STUPID AND ITIOTIC! NO PONY LOVES ME! AND THATS THE TRUTH."
Twilight then then just realized why Vortex was so good at it, it was because she felt butterscotches pain, everyone thought they were both psychopaths...just then, the lines came back to her
"But I-"
Vortex's cue
"BUT YOU WHAT?! BUT YOU HATE ME TOO?! I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED, ITS EVERPONY ELSES FEELINGS AS WELL"
butterscotch then buried her face into her hooves and cried
"I was going to say I lo" she mumbled the rest
"Huh?"
"I said I was going to say I...I...I love you"
Butterscotch turned around and looked at Cookie Cream, surprised.
"What? Are you serious?"
"Yes, you bet I am serious! I love you and I want you to love me too!"
"I...don't know what to say"
"You don't need to say anything, all you need to know is that"
"Th-thank you" and with that Butterscotch kissed cookie cream, that was it, the play was over, as they bowed the likes were shown at the back of the crowd on a big board, and it was:
How many of the audience liked vortex:894
How many of the audience liked twilight:498
Twilight looked shocked at the scores, she was shocked that she had to repeat a play again.
But Vortex celebrated, River joined Vortex and they ran looking for the pony with the flag.
While they were doing that, Soarin and Octavia were doing the roadblock and doing a play called Poneo and Juliet as they finished the play, the scores looked like this:
Soarin:511
Octavia:987
The teams split up to look for the clue, but Soarin and Spitfire found it and shouted to Octavia and Vinyl where it was however the ex exes over heard it and made it before the musicians and followed the wonder bolts.
And when the wonder bolts got out of the crowd, they opened and read the clue:
"Make your way to the next pit stop..."

Teams must now make their way on foot to the next pit stop somewhere in Canterlot castle, one Catch, they don't know where.
The last team to check in here, may be eliminated

"Alright, let's go" Spitfire said to her partner.
As they ran off, Vortex and River got out of the crowd, read the clue, and ran off, followed by Vinyl and Octavia

Spitfire and Soarin are currently in 1st place

Vortex and River are currently in 2nd place

Vinyl and Octavia are currently in 3rd place

meanwhile the cakes finished and made their way to the theatre.
The cousins bought their clothes and started changing while sky just bought his followed by pinkie, after the changing, the first team to get to fleur was sky and Pinkie, fleur approved of it and handed them the clue, fleur also approved the crusaders who were right behind them.
Meanwhile Apple Jack and Rainbow's fighting literally brought them to the boutique, once they realized they were there, they ran in, and decided to do buy, knowing they wouldnt be able add very well. They really just grabbed a mish mash of everything but the kitchen sink, but they were too much in a rush.

Meanwhile the cakes, sky and pinkie, and the crusaders all made it there, the Cakes decided (hesitantly) that Mr. Cake do it and thand they work with Twilight, while sky and apple bloom worked together,
Mr. Cake And twilight went first and did poneo and Juliet and the scores were:
Twilight:511
Mr.Cake:357
Shining armour ran to her partner and they started looking And instantly found the made with the flag, they read the clue, they didn't even need to say anything, both knew very well where the Castle was.
Speaking of the castle the three teams arrived And all split up.

As that was happening, both sky and apple bloom had gotten just enough goood votes to move on, as they reunited with their partners, they found the pony with the flag, and ran off.

meanwhile applejack and rainbow dash had changed, and they looked awful, when they showed their clothes to fleur she said.."that's uh...that's ho-"
She was interrupted by a mystery pony "absolutely splendid!" The mystery pony said, apple jack and rainbow dash couldn't reconise her because she was in the shadows, but fleur obviously knew who it was because she said this "really? If you say so" she handed them the next clue, they couldn't say thank you they were too far behind so they read the clue and ran off.

Meanwhile it had happened, spitfire had arrived at the castle, followed by river and vortex, then soarin
"Not you again!" Vortex shouted
"Shut up, we're just as displeased to see you guys, and yet we don't go screaming it in others faces" spitfire replied.
"Why you...." Vortex was about to burst..
"Tex, calm down" river tried to stop her...to late
"YOU ARE THE MOST DISGRACEFUL PONY I HAVE EVER SEEN! YOU KNOW SOMETIMES YOU STUPID CANTERLOT PONIES REALLY GET ON MY NERVES!"
"Tex you ARE from-"
"SHUT UP RIVER!"
"Tex, did you realize that they left?"
"What?" Vortex looked around, only to see that no pony was there but guards staring at her and river. "OHHH....HA-HA run."
As they ran off the musicians arrived, they took a right, hoping it was the correct turn, and dashed off.

The crusaders were the only ones who really didn't know where the castle was, luckily, they followed twilight, shining, sky and pinkie, as they arrived, they split up, the first one to find the pit stop would come first.
The first two teams were racing... And they stepped on the mat at exactly the same time!
"Welcome to Canterlot Castle" princess celestia said.
"Spitfire and soarin, and vortex and river, you are tied for team number one!" Spike said to the two rivals.
"Yes!"
"Woohoo!"
"Good job soarin"
"Nothing we can't do river!"

"And all four of you have won a trip to Manehattan!"

"YEAAAAAAH"

As they checked in, five minutes later, another team stepped on the mat.

"Octavia and Vinyl, you are team number three!"

"Oh good" said octavia

Meanwhile twilight was looking for clues as to where it was, so she and her partner could get a lead
"Hmm...AHA! I GOT IT! I know where we go!"
"Really? How?!"
"See that guard? Vendor greyskull!"
"Oh I get it!"
"Yep!"
They then ran towards the door closest to greyskull, as they opened it, indeed, there, down the hall was the pit stop.
They stepped on the mat
"Twilight and shining, you are team number four!"
"Dang, we moved down." Said shining armour,
"It's okay, we weren't eliminated so..."

Meanwhile the athletes finally made it to the theatre, the cakes were waiting so they could do it with them,
Rainbow dash read the clue, and said "well screw that, I'm not doing it"
"Ah can't do it either, ah would fail righ' away."
"Well then what are we gonna d-" rainbow dash realized something "I got it."
"What is it?"
"This" Rainbow pulled the express pass out of her bag
"Ooooh okay, let's use it"
They gave the express to the manager, the manager told them that the clue was waiting in the audience.

The Cakes weren't too happy about this, but they had to roll with the punches, as they were assigned to an actress, Rainbow dash and Applejack pushed their way trying to find the mare with the flag.

Meanwhile the lucky crusaders had stepped on the pit stop, followed by sky and pinkie

"Apple Bloom and Babs seed, you are team number 5! And sky and pinkie, lucky for you that means you're team number 6! I want to talk to the cousins for a second, so girls, did you know that you were voted to be the first out?"

"Really? Who knew!" Babs said

"Yes, so I'm very surprised you have made it this far, how do you guys do it?"

"Well..." Apple bloom started, "ah guess seeing as we're small we gotta rely on the older ponies sometimes, but normally we're just lucky"

"I see...now sky and pinkie, a lot of people thought seeing as you have only been dating for a week that you guys would fight a lot, is that true?"

"Oh nononono nononononono! Me and skippy are getting along great! He even gave me some relief!" Pinkie said

"Okay, thank you, now go get some rest, and be ready to race in twelve hours, both of you good luck!"

Rainbow dash and applejack had found the mare with the flag and had just made it to the castle, they immediately started searching, meanwhile, the play had ended...and...mr. Cake got...567! He had done it!, they budged their way to the mare who had the flag, carrot cake had already seen her from stage, and ran off....

One pair stepped on the mat

"Rainbow dash and Applejack you are team number 7!"

"YES" rainbow dash shouted "WE DIDIT WE DIDI-"

"Hold on, I'm not finished yet," spike said,

"What? Aw..."

"Because you both fought twice, that goes against my pg rules, and it's a five minute penalty each fight, that adds up to ten minutes, when ten minutes is up, I can check you guys in"

"WHAT?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Five minutes were left when the cakes arrived at the castle, they immediately searched for it

two minutes left...

one minute left..
The cakes were busting open doors trying to find one that had the hall way...

10 seconds left

They ran down the hall way

...............

One team stepped on the mat

"You two are team number seven....RAINBOW DASH AND APPLEJACK!"

"YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH" rainbow shouted then hoof-bumped applejack

"And unfortunently, that means Mr. And Mrs. Cake, you're the last team to arrive, and that means you've been eliminated..."

"That's too bad..." Said Mrs. Cake, but while it lasted it was fun.

"Yeah, we did our best, and if this is it, then I guess that's that...."





Next time on the Amazing race Equestria...
Teams travel to the crystal empire where the first yield is...and jousting, puzzle solving, and making and baking...
On the next episode!

Author's Note:

Sorry for the huge wait, I worked pretty hard on this one