• Published 8th May 2013
  • 4,685 Views, 334 Comments

Po-Ni-Oh!: Rise of the Heroes - flawlessvictory20



Follow the exploits of young pegasus named Star Driver as he sets out to become the next King of Games.

  • ...
13
 334
 4,685

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 07 - Battle of the Sky (part 02)

Pinkie merely smiled.
“Is it duck or rabbit season?” she inquired.
“Joke while you can, Pinkie. Because this Field Spell increases my monster's ATK by 200,” said Gilda.
At that moment, Harpie's Brother's ATK is increased to 2000.
“Next, I summon 'Cyber Harpie' in Attack mode!”

Cyber Harpie
ATT: WIND
Level: 4 stars
Type: Winged Beast/Effect
Card Text: This card's name is treated as "Harpie Lady".
ATK/DEF: 1800/1300

A female humanoid avian warrior emerged on the field. Her appearance was much like 'Harpie Lady 1' except now is equipped with a dark violet breastplate, spiked armbands, and wields and plasma whip. Her ATK is then increased to 2000.

“And since I summoned her while I have 'Harpie's Hunting Ground' on the field, I can destroy your 'Spirit Barrier'!”
At that moment, 'Cyber Harpie Lady' destroyed Spirit Barrier.
“Aww, not again!” pouted Pinkie Pie.
“Now, 'Cyber Harpie Girl' destroy her 'Tribe-Infecting Virus' with Plasma Strike!” commanded Gilda.
The avian mistress then charged the trio of disease-ridden monsters. As she was prepared to unleash her whip, Pinkie activated yet another Trap card.
“Not this time, Gildie. I activate 'Negate Attack,” she said, as she motioned to her card.

Negate Attack
ATT: TRAP
Type: Counter Trap Card
Card Text: Activate only when a target opponent's monster declares an attack. Negate the attack and end the Battle Phase.

Before her whip could be launched a blue and white vortex appeared in front of Pinkie's monster. The vortex then absorbed the impending attack. With no other moves left, Gilda let out a dejected huff.

“I end my turn.”
“Goodie, it's my turn,” Pinkie stated, as she drew her card.
A huge grin appeared on Pinkie's face as she looked at her card.
“Perfect! First, due to the effect of 'Cloudian Squall' every monster gets a 'Fog Counter',” said Pinkie.

With that, light blue orbs appeared over every monster.

“Next, I activate Acid Cloud's special ability. By removing four of his 'Cloud Counters', I can destroy two of your Spell or Trap cards,” stated Pinkie Pie.
“What?!” said Gilda.
Four of the light blue orbs disappeared from above 'Acid Cloud', and its hands began to illuminate with two large blue circles.
“First, we're getting rid of this Field Spell,” said Pinkie Pie.

Her monster then ascended high above the field. Once it reached the optimum height, he launched one of the orbs toward the center of the field. As the orb impacted the mountainous terrain is then destroyed. The field is now returned to its original crystal floor.

“You're gonna pay for that, dweeb,” bellowed Gilda.
“I'm not done yet, Gildie. Next, I'm gonna destroy one of your facedown cards!” said Pinkie Pie.

As she was coming to a decision, her left knee started to itch. It was then she knew which card to target.

“Acid Cloud destroy the card on the left,” ordered Pinkie Pie.
Her monster then launched the final orb at her facedown card.
“Not fast, Pinkie. Before it's destroyed, I activate Emergency Provisions!” declared Gilda.

[Emergency Provisions
ATT: SPELL
Type: Quick-Play Spell Card
Card Text: Send any number of other Spell/Trap Cards you control to the Graveyard; gain 1000 LP for each card sent to the Graveyard this way.

“Thanks to this card I'll send my other facedown card to the Graveyard to increase my Points by 1000,” stated Gilda
Her other facedown card vanished, and her Life Points were increased to 4200. As the orb impacted the activated card, it was destroyed instantly.
“Why you!” seethed Gilda.
“Next, I play 'Pot of Greed'. Which lets me draw two cards,” smiled Pinkie Pie, as she drew her cards. “Now, I'm gonna activate the special ability of my 'Tribe-Infecting Virus'.”
“Now what?” huffed Gilda.
“It's simple, Gildie. By sending one card from my hand to the Graveyard, I can destroy one type of monster on the field. And guess which one I'm picking,” Pinkie explained with a mischievous grin.
“I have a guess,” answered Gilda.
“I'm choosing 'Winged Beast'!” stated Pinkie, as she discarded a card from her hand.

At that moment, her diseased beasts launched purplish bile at the opposing monsters. As their avian adversaries were covered with slime, they soon became discolored. In a flash, they were destroyed.

“Next, I sacrifice 'Cloudian – Acid Cloud' to summon 'Cloudian – Nimbusman' in Attack mode,” grinned Pinkie Pie.

Cloudian - Nimbusman
ATT: WATER
Level: 5 stars
Type: Fairy/Effect
Card Text: This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is in face-up Defense Position, destroy it. You can Tribute any number of WATER monsters for the Tribute Summon of this card. When this card is Tribute Summoned, place 1 Fog Counter on it for each WATER monster you Tributed. This card gains 500 ATK for each Fog Counter on the field.
ATK/DEF: 1000/1000

A dark blue cloud emerged onto the field. The cloud then morphed into a small, large-headed creature.
“And what does he do?” asked Gilda.
“I'm glad you asked, Gildie. First, since I sacrificed a 'WATER' monster, my creature gets a 'Fog Counter',” explained Pinkie Pie.
A light blue orb appeared above her creature.
“And for every 'Fog Counter' on the field, it gains 500 ATK. Since there are two on the field it gains 1000 ATK.”

Her monster’s ATK was then increased to 2000.

“Now, 'Tribe-Infecting Virus' attack her with Bile Shot!” ordered Pinkie Pie.

Obeying their master's orders, the three diseased reptiles launched three blueish slime spheres at Gilda. The force of the shots caused Gilda to stumble back slightly as her Life Points reduced to 2600.

“And now 'Cloudian – Nimbusman' attack with Nimbus Crush!”

Her cloud monster began to draw upon its energy. Soon its hands were engulfed with a swirl of dark blue winds. It then launched a wave of torrential winds at the avian opponent. The impact of the attack knocked Gilda off her paws. Due to the combined attack, Gilda's Life Points are reduced to 600.

“That ends my turn,” said Pinkie Pie.
As she rose to her paws, Gilda felt darkness swell up inside her. In an instant, her golden eyes changed to a crimson red.


Meanwhile, in a castle hidden deep within a dark realm, the figure in flames looked on with great interest. She had been observing the tournament so far through her magic mirror, but this current duel has peak her interest.

“My, my. That little griffin is certainly getting her feathers ruffled,” she chuckled.
She noticed the dark aura emanating from the griffin.
“Well...well. Now, this is very interesting,” she mused.

Using her magic, she telepathically communicated with Pegasus. Back at the tournament, Pegasus observed at Gilda's display. As he felt a small tingle at the base of his neck, he knew it was his mistress trying to summon him.

'Pegasus!' she spoke.
'Yes, my mistress...' responded Pegasus.
'How are things progressing?' she inquired.
'Everything is going well, my lady. The field has been enchanted to subtly drain duelist of the energy. From the previous match, we've gathered quite a bit of energy. By the end of the tournament, we should have enough to proceed with our plan.'

She laughed mischievously.

'Excellent, my servant. But keep an eye on that griffon,' she stated.
'Why, my mistress? asked Pegasus.
'She may prove useful in our future endeavors,' she explained.
'Really? Are you sure, my mistress?' questioned Pegasus.
'Are you question me, servant?!' she asked, with a bit of venom in her voice.
'O-Of course not, my mistress. I will be sure to observe her thoroughly,' he answered quickly, feeling that he spoke out of turn.
'Good. Be sure that you do. And don't dare fail me!,' she ordered.

She disconnected her link with Pegasus. Knowing that his mistress has an interest Gilda piqued Pegasus' curiosity.

'Interesting... Just what does she see in her that I don't?' thought Pegasus.


On the field, Pinkie noticed that Gilda's demeanor had changed. She could sense a dark aura around her. Seeing that she was slightly hunched, began to worry about her.

“Gildie, are you okay?” asked a concerned Pinkie Pie.
'I can't lose... I can't lose... I can't lose... I can't lose...' Gilda chanted to herself, with her eyes focused on the ground.
“Gildie?” said Pinkie Pie.
Gilda turned her attention to Pinkie.
THAT'S IT! NO MORE GAMES!” roared Gilda.

Pinkie flinched slightly at her words. It was then Pinkie Pie saw that her eyes had changed color.

“Gildie, what happened to your eyes? They're all red?” asked Pinkie Pie.
“That's none of your concern, dweeb. Now, let's finish this duel, shall we,” Gilda stated, as she drew her card.
As she looked at her card, she began to develop a plan.
“I play the card facedown in Defense mode and one card facedown to end my turn!” stated Gilda.
A facedown card emerged on the field.

“O-okay, it's my turn now,” Pinkie Pie said, as she drew her card.
Looking at her card, she proceeded with her turn.
“Due to the effect of 'Cloudian Squall' every monster gets another 'Fog Counter',” said Pinkie Pie.
With that, another light blue orb appeared above her two monsters.
“And since two more 'Cloud Counters' are on the field, my 'Nimbusman' gains 1000 more ATK.”
Nimbusman ATK is then increased to 3000.
“Now, 'Tribe-Infecting Virus' attack her facedown card!” ordered Pinkie Pie.

At her command, the trio of monsters launched another barrage of slime spheres at the defending beast. As the monster was attacked, it revealed a large mechanical jar. Its paneling was silver, and its face was light blue with a green eye.

“Perfect!” Gilda cheered.
“Huh? What do you mean?” asked Pinkie Pie.
“You destroyed just my 'Cyber Jar'. Now, its effect activates,” explained Gilda.

Cyber Jar
ATT: DARK
Level: 3 stars
Type: Rock/Effect
Card Text: FLIP: Destroy all monsters on the field, then both players reveal the top 5 cards from their Decks, then Special Summon all revealed Level 4 or lower monsters in face-up Attack Position or face-down Defense Position, also add any remaining cards to their hand. (If either player has less than 5 cards in their Deck, reveal as many as possible.)
ATK/DEF: 0900/0900

“First, it destroys every monster on the field!”
In a flash, her two monsters were destroyed.
“Aww, bummer,” pouted Pinkie Pie.
“Next, we both reveal the top five cards from our Decks. We can then Special Summon any level 4 or lower monsters from those cards and add the remaining cards to our hands.”

The two then picked up the top five cards and revealed them. Gilda's cards were: Harpie's Baby Pet Dragon, Harpie Lady 2, Harpie Lady 3, Enchanted Javelin, and Harpie Lady Sisters. Pinkie's cards were: Cloudian – Acid Cloud, Cloudian – Sheep Cloud, Raging Cloudian, Cloudian – Turbulence, and Spirit Barrier.

“I'll Special Summon 'Cloudian – Acid Cloud' and 'Cloudian – Turbulence' to the field in Attack mode, And I summon 'Cloudian – Sheep Cloud' facedown in Defense mode,” said Pinkie Pie.

At that moment, two clouds emerged on the field (a green one and a dark grey one) and one facedown card appeared on the field. The green cloud conformed to another Acid Cloud.

Cloudian - Turbulence
ATT: WATER
Level: 4 stars
Type: Fairy/Effect
Card Text: This card cannot be destroyed in battle. If this card is in face-up Defense Position, destroy it. When you Normal Summon this card, place 1 Fog Counter on it for each "Cloudian" monster on the field. You can remove 1 Fog Counter from this card to Special Summon 1 "Cloudian - Smoke Ball" from your Deck or either player's Graveyard.
ATK/DEF: 0800/0000

The dark grey cloud then morphed into a more massive, slightly muscular cloud creature with a hole at the top of his head.
“I Special Summon Harpie's Baby Pet Dragon, Harpie Lady 2, and 'Harpie Lady 3' in Attack mode,” stated Gilda. Three monsters emerged on her side of her field (two female avian monsters, and one small dragon).

Harpie Lady 3
ATT: WIND
Type: Winged Beast/Effect
Level: 4 stars
Card Text: This card's name is always treated as "Harpie Lady". Your opponent's monster that battles with this card cannot declare an attack for your opponent's next 2 turns.
ATK/DEF: 1300/1400

This female humanoid avian warrior's appearance is much like 'Harpie Lady 1', with the exception that her blue hair is spiked updo.

Harpie Lady 2
ATT: WIND
Type: Winged Beast/Effect
Level: 4 star
Card Text: This card's name is always treated as "Harpie Lady". Negate the effects of any Flip Effect Monsters that this monster destroys by battle.
ATK/DEF: 1300/1400

This female humanoid avian warrior's appearance was much like 'Harpie Lady 1', with the exception that her orange hair is short with a long bang that cascaded to the left of her face.

Harpie's Pet Baby Dragon
ATT: WIND
Type: Dragon/Effect
Level: 4 stars
Card Text: This card gains effects based on the number of "Harpie" monsters you control (other than "Harpie's Pet Baby Dragon" and "Harpie's Brother").
• 1+: Your opponent cannot select "Harpie" monsters you control as attack targets (except "Harpie's Pet Baby Dragon" and "Harpie's Brother").
• 2+: Double the original ATK and DEF of this card.
• 3+: Once per turn, you can destroy 1 card your opponent controls.
ATK/DEF: 1200/600

This little dragon has red-orange scales with black claws, a light green headdress with yellow lining with two sapphire gems, and green eyes.
“And since I have two 'Harpie Lady' monsters on the field, its ATK points are doubled,” stated Gilda, with a smirk.
“I'll play one card facedown and end my turn,” said Pinkie Pie.
“Awesome! Now, the fun can begin,” Gilda stated, as she drew her card.

As she looked at the card, she saw her plan come together.

“Everything is almost ready,” she said, turning her attention to Pinkie Pie.
'I know she has that 'Spirit Barrier waiting for me. So, I'm gonna just wait for the right time to strike.'
Gilda proceeded with her turn.
“I summon another 'Harpie Lady 1' in Attack mode,” said Gilda.
Another Harpie Lady 1 appeared on the field.
“And since she is on the field, my monsters get another 300 ATK boost.”
Harpie Lady 1-3 ATK increased to 1600 and Harpie's Baby Pet Dragon ATK increased to 1500.
“Then I place one card facedown and end my turn,” said Gilda.
'Hmm, Gildie must be up to something,' thought Pinkie Pie.
“Alright, it's party time Gildie,” said Pinkie Pie, as she drew her card.

Upon seeing her card, Pinkie Pie jumped with glee.
“Yipee, this is amazawesome!” shouted Pinkie Pie.
“Amaza-wha?” asked a confused Gilda.
“I just got what I needed. Sorry, but I'm gonna have to end this party,” stated Pinkie Pie.
“Is that so?” scoffed Gilda.
“Yep, but first due to the effect of 'Cloudian Squall' every monster gets another 'Fog Counter',” said Pinkie Pie.

Just then, a light blue orb appeared above every monster on the field.

“Next, I activate the special ability of my 'Turbulence',” said Pinkie Pie.
“And what does that do?” asked Gilda.
“Well, by removing one 'Fog Counter', I can Special Summon 1 'Cloudian – Smoke Ball' in Attack mode,” explained Pinkie Pie.

Cloudian - Smoke Ball
ATT: WATER
Level: 1 star
Type: Fairy
ATK/DEF: 0200/0600

A small yellow cloud appeared on the field. It then transformed into a tiny, big eye cloud creature.
“Aww, isn't he just the cutest,” said Fluttershy from the sidelines.
“But don't worry Gildie, he won't be staying long. 'Cause I sacrifice 'Smoke Ball' and my facedown card, to summon my strongest monster....'Cloudian – Eye of the Typhoon',” said Pinkie Pie.

Cloudian - Eye of the Typhoon
Attribute WIND
Level: 8 stars
Type Aqua/Effect
Card Text: This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is in face-up Defense Position, destroy it. When this card declares an attack, change the battle positions of all face-up monsters, except "Cloudian" monsters.
ATK/DEF: 3000/1000

A giant dark blue cloud then emerged onto the field. It then conformed into a giant one-eyed cloud monster.
“So, that's what you were waiting for, huh?” inquired Gilda.
“You bet ya! Now, 'Eye of the Typhoon' attack with Hurricane Blitz,” ordered Pinkie Pie.
Her giant monster then launched a massive wind burst at the opposing monsters.
“And one more thing Gildie. Whenever my monster attacks, it switches the Battle Positions of every non-Cloudian monsters on the field,” said Pinkie with a mischievous grin.
“What?” said Gilda.
Gilda's monsters were all switched to Defense mode. But before the wave of wind could reach her monsters, Gilda activated her trap.
“Not this time, dweeb! I activate the Trap card 'Zero Gravity'!”

Zero Gravity
ATT: TRAP
Type: Trap Card
Card Text: Change the battle positions of all face-up monsters on the field.

“And thanks to this card, I can switch the Battle Position of every monster on the field,” stated Gilda.
“Oh no...” said a shocked Pinkie Pie.

It was then that every monster's battle positions were changed. As a result, all of the Cloudian monsters were destroyed.
“Aww, no fair,” pouted Pinkie Pie. “But good thing I planned ahead.”
“Huh?” said Gilda.
“I activate my Trap card, Raging Cloudian,” said Pinkie Pie

Raging Cloudian
ATT: TRAP
Type: Trap Card
Card Text: Activate only when a 'Cloudian' monster(s) you control is destroyed by its own effect and sent to the Graveyard. Special Summon 1 of those monsters from your Graveyard in Attack Position and place 1 Fog Counter on it. It cannot be changed to Defense Position by a card effect.

“And with this, I'm bringing back my 'Eye of the Typhoon'!” said Pinkie Pie.
“No way!”
Once again, the giant dark blue one-eye monster emerged on the field.
“Now, 'Eye of the Typhoon' attack 'Harpie Lady 1',” ordered Pinkie Pie.

Like before, Gilda's monsters are switched to Defense Mode. As Harpie Lady 1 was struck with the force of the wind, she was automatically destroyed.

“That ends my turn,” said Pinkie.
“Let's see what I can do,” said Gilda.
Looking at her card, a massive smile appeared on Gilda.
“Yes, this is it!” Gilda grinned.
“Wow, Gildie. I didn't know you could smile that wide,” said Pinkie Pie in amazement.
“Whatever loser, all that matters is that this duel is over!” stated Gilda.
“How so?” asked Pinkie Pie.
“I'm activating the Spell card Lightning Vortex,” explained Gilda.

Lightning Vortex
ATT: SPELL
Type: Spell Card
Card Text: Discard 1 card. Destroy all face-up monsters your opponent controls.

“And by discarding one card from my hand, I can destroy your monster,” spoke Gilda.
“Uh-oh...” gulped Pinkie Pie.

A swirl of yellow lightning bolts then destroyed the one-eyed cloud creature.

“Now that you have monsters on the field, your Life Points are wide open,” Gilda stated, with an intense glare. “I switch all my monsters back to Attack mode.”
Her monsters then changed to an attack position.
“Oh, boy...” said Pinkie Pie.
“Now my beasts, attack her Life Points directly!” commanded Gilda.

Obeying their master's command, the three monsters launched a combined attack. The resulting impact sent Pinkie Pie flying backward and crashing into the ground. As a result, her Life Points were reduced to 0.


On the sidelines, Star and company stood in shock.
“N-No way! Pinkie lost...” said a dumbfounded Star.
“I know, I thought she had that duel in the bag,” said Spike, who was equally shocked.
Back on the field, Gilda walked over to a prostrated Pinkie Pie. As she towered over her defeated opponent, she merely scoffed.
“Next time, know your place loser,” mocked Gilda.

She turned to leave the field. As she left the field, her eyes returned to their original golden hue. Concerned for his friend, Star flew onto the field. By the time he arrived, Pinkie had begun to open her eyes. The first image she saw was her friend Star.

“Hey, Star. Did you get the number of that bus?” she asked groggily.
“Are you okay, Pinkie?” he asked with concern.
“Yeah, I'm kinda bummed I didn't win, but oh well. There's always next year right,” she smiled.
'Same old, Pinkie Pie...' thought Star Driver.
“You need some help getting up?” offered Star Driver.

Pinkie tilted her head in confusion.

“I'm not up?”
“Wow, you got hit harder than I thought,” he chuckled.
He helped his friend to her hooves and escorted her off the Duel Field. As if on cue, Pegasus flew to the center of the field.
“How about that amazing duel folks?” Pegasus asked the crowd.
They responded with roaring applause.
“Well let's keep this ball rolling with our next match!” said Pegasus, as he looked toward the screen.
The next two cards then flipped over to reveal Big Macintosh and Shining Armor.
“We there you have it, folks. Our next match is Big Macintosh vs. Shining Armor!”

PreviousChapters Next