• Published 8th Feb 2012
  • 643 Views, 2 Comments

Nightmare Over Equestria - Creative Charmer



The tragic tale of Princess Luna's transformation into Nightmare Moon...

  • ...
 2
 643

Nightmare Over Equestria Part 6

Nightmare Moon laughed at seeing Celestia in her weakened state. "I knew you weren't strong enough to defeat me! You were a fool to think anypony could ever be stronger than me! Even your precious elements could not help! All because you believed in the useless power of friendship!" she laughed more, as did the spirit of the night.
..."you're wrong."
Nightmare Moon stopped laughing. "Who dares to speak against me??" she said as she looked around.
"I do," Nightmare Moon, the spirit, and Celestia turned their heads and saw an Earth pony glaring at Nightmare Moon without any sign of fear in her eyes.
Nightmare Moon glared back at her. "What makes you think that I am wrong? See how your princess is losing this battle? Her elements have almost no power, because without friendship they are nothing. And we all know that friendship is a weak and worthless thing!!"
"No it's not!" A unicorn shouted as she walked next to the Earth pony. "Friendship is one of the most powerful forces in the world!" More ponies, unicorns, and pegasi started to gather around.
"Friendship is what steers us through our darkest hours!"
"It's something anypony can always count on!"
"Something that we all share!"
"Even with our princess!" Celestia felt touched by hearing the words of all these ponies, but when the pony who said they share their friendship with the princess spoke, the Elements of Harmony suddenly had a slight increase in power, which stopped the nightmare from pushing the rainbow beam back. Everypony was shocked to see this; even Nightmare Moon and the spirit.
"What is this?" the spirit asked, bewildered.
Celestia realized what had happened, and she knew just what to do. "Ponies! Unicorns! Pegasi! I beseech you all! Share your friendship with me! Show Nightmare Moon what the magic of friendship can really do!!"
The ponies, unicorns, and pegasi all then started to shout out their words of friendship to Celestia.
"We all love our friendships with each other, princess!"
"We all know how important friendship between ponies is!"
"Not just with each other, but with you as well!"
"Everypony here shares their friendship with you, Princess Celestia!"
"And we all believe that the power of friendship will overcome the power of anypony else!"
These words gave the elements even greater power, and the more ponies that shared their friendship with Celestia, the more power the elements gained. Soon, the Elements of Harmony started to push Nightmare Moon's nightmare beam back towards her.
Nightmare Moon was absolutely flabbergasted. "How can this be?? How can friendship have this much strength?? More strength than I have?? It's implausible!!"
The spirit also could not believe what was happening. "This cannot happen!! You can't lose! Everything will be ruined! You have to defeat Celestia no matter what!!"
"But spirit! I haven't the power to overcome the increasing power of the Elements of Harmony!"
"You can't give in to Celestia! You are the princess of the night! Night will always rule over day! Or do you want everything to go back to the way it was?"
"...no...no! No!! I will not surrender! Not ever! I am the princess of the night, and I will defeat you!" These intense emotions inside Nightmare Moon then gave her a sudden increase and power, which was powerful enough to even out hers and Celestia's beams.
Celestia was astounded at Nightmare Moon's unremitting anger at her. It seemed impossible to persuade her to stop or force her to give up. "She won't see the error of her ways," Celestia thought. "This means...I have only one other option..." A tear trickled down her face. "I'm sorry, Luna...I'll never forgive myself for this, but it has to be done...for the good of Equestria...I will cherish our past friendship forever..." Then, Celestia thought of her past friendship with Luna, and used the magic power from those thoughts of friendship to increase the power of the Elements of Harmony even greater than before. With this new energy, the rainbow beam instantly ripped through the nightmare beam, completely obliterating it.
Nightmare Moon's eyes widened as she saw the rainbow beam coming right at her. She had no way of avoiding it. "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!" she yelled as the beam engulfed her.
"NO!!!" the spirit yelled in horror.
The magical energy from the Elements of Harmony started to swirl around Nightmare Moon, going faster and faster. As this was going on, the energy surging from the blast was absorbed into Celestia's mane and tail, giving them a striped texture of different colors. Celestia then took one last look at where Nightmare Moon was. "Goodbye, sister.." and with those final words, the rainbow beam dissipated, and the energy around Nightmare Moon focused itself one more time, then blasted straight up into the sky at an incredibly fast speed. The other ponies and the spirit covered their eyes from the intense light emanating from the energy blast. The beam that came from the blast, with Nightmare Moon still inside, went higher and higher into the sky. When the intense light had settled, everypony looked up at the beam as it kept going...and going...and going...until...the beam had collided with the moon. A few seconds after the beam hit the moon, another large flash of light came from it, covering all of Equestria with its light.
After the light had faded, everypony looked up and the moon, and were surprised at what they saw. On the surface of the moon, it look like a silhouette of Nightmare Moon's head and neck was on its surface. The ponies were all unsure as to what had just happened. "Princess?" One pony asked Celestia. "What did you do?"
Celestia sighed. "I realized I could not persuade Luna to see the error of her ways, so I banished her to the moon."
Everypony gasped in shock. "That was Princess Luna?!"
"What happened to her??"
"How did she become evil??"
All the ponies, pegasi, and unicorns started flooding Celestia with their questions regarding Nightmare Moon, and Celestia couldn't get in a word edgewise. "Silence!!" she yelled, silencing all of the ponies. "I am afraid that Luna felt unappreciated because everypony slept through her night, but played during the day. She thought they did not care about her or the night, so she tried to take control of Equestria."
"But how did she become so powerful?"
"And how did she change the way she looked?"
"For those questions, I do not know the answers. But it is too late now. Luna is gone, and it saddens us all..." All of the ponies lowered their heads in sorrow for Princess Luna, all feeling responsible for what had happened to her.
One Earth pony walked up to Celestia. "We are all so sorry for this horrible turn of events. If we had known how Luna had felt, we would have shown her how much we do care about her night."
"The night is important to us! We could never go to sleep during the day because it's so bright! Nighttime is much more peaceful and darker for us, so it's easier for us to rest."
"And we also love how beautiful the night is! No offense, my princess, but the night is so beautiful to look at, and those of us who stay up to watch the night sky enjoy every minute of it."
"I am truly touched by the kind words of all you ponies," Celestia looked up at the moon. "I know Luna would have been too if she had known..but she be able to know for a very long time..."
The ponies looked confused. "What do you mean by 'for a very long time' princess?" one unicorn asked.
Celestia sighed. "Well...I even though I was able to banish her to the moon...I couldn't banish her permanently. She will be back one day," all of the ponies gasped. "Because Luna was bonded with the elements as I was, and because I still considered her my friend, the power of the elements could not be used to permanently get rid of her; her power will increase over time, and in 1,000 years, she'll be able to use the stars to aid in her escape from the moon..."
The ponies seemed speechless. "...but," one pony began to say. "Can't you just banish her again?"
Celestia shook her head. "That is no longer possible. I used the power of my friendship with Luna to give the elements their last bit of power. Now that that friendship is gone..." Celestia used her magic to show the ponies the Elements of Harmony, and they were all aghast at what they saw. The elements had all turned to stone spheres with carvings of the each element on each of their respective stones.
"What happened to the elements??"
"Without the bond of mine and Luna's friendship, the elements have lost their power, thus making them turn to stone."
"But then...how will you stop Luna when she escapes??"
"I cannot," the ponies all gasped in horror again. "But, somepony else will," the ponies then looked confused. "In less than 1,000 years, a new pony will arise to inherit the powers of the elements to stop Luna."
"What pony?"
"That, I am not, sure, but I know it will be true. The Elements of Harmony cannot exist without someone to bond their powers with, so when the time comes, somepony new will do just that—and I will be waiting for them."
"But how will you know which pony it will be?" A pegasus asked.
"Well, the pony will have to bond with the element of magic first, since it is the most powerful of all the elements, and is the one that controls the others. To find out which pony is the chosen one, I will administer a test that only a pony of great magical skill can accomplish. But that is something I have not thought of as of yet, so I will need time to create a test."
"Well, we are all behind you, Princess Celestia," the pegasus said as the other ponies gathered around her.
Celestia lightly smiled. "Thank you everypony. You are all so dear to my heart, especially after all you did to help me."
"We would do anything to help you, Princess," all of the ponies bowed their heads.
Celestia smiled more, then looked back up at the moon. "What has happened tonight...it is important what has happened tonight is not forgotten. It will have to be chronicled so that nopony forgets Luna or what had happened to her."
"Well, we'll do our part to help, princess."
"Thank you, my little ponies. Although, I feel like that is not enough...there should be more done to remember this night....this...Nightmare Night..." Celestia looked up at the moon as she was thinking, as did the other ponies.
During the time the ponies had been talking, the spirit of the night had been withering...slowly withering away. His body was getting smaller and breaking apart into tiny bits that dissipated away. The spirit looked at his degenerating body. "Without her...without Nightmare Moon...I...I have no power..." And with those final words, the spirit burst, his whole body now just tiny black bits floating in the wind...
But then, the remaining pieces started to float away. The pieces floated through the Canterlot grounds and into the Canterlot sculpture garden. The pieces then floated up and went into a statue that had a small black glow emanating from its chest. Once all the pieces had went inside the statue, the glow went away. Just then, Celestia used her magic to move the moon and bring out the sun at last. As the sunlight filled the sky, the statue the pieces went into is bathed in the light, showing it to be the statue of Discord...

Comments ( 2 )
???

i say...this is very well written! keep up the good work!

200548

Thank you very much~! :heart:

And I will! :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment