• Published 4th May 2013
  • 464 Views, 4 Comments

Crossroads: Changing Paths - TwilightSparklefan97



a hopefully decent story of an adventure following twilight and her friends throughout the grand land of equestria

  • ...
 4
 464

Prologue: returning home

Crossroads: Changing Paths
prologue: returning home

As her eyes slowly fluttered open from a not so long night of sleep twilight groaned. She knew she would have to be awake soon to begin another long day of being taught the ropes of princess hood. As she slumped out of bed she used her magic to cross off another date on her calender attached to her bedroom wall. She took a quick glance and turned to go to the bathroom hopeful that a shower would wake her up, her eyes widened and she raced back to her calendar and as soon as she saw the date she flared up her wings and jumped for joy. Today was April 13th the day she could finally return to ponyville and see all her friends again.

It had been several months since twilight had seen her friends sure she had received the a letter from each of them almost every week saying how they were doing but she hadn't been able to leave the castle to visit them and they hadn't been allowed to see her in that time. She began packing her saddlebags filling them with some new books and spell tomes given to her by Celestia and Luna, after a while of doing so twilight began to wonder what had happened to them during the last month the princess had asked both her and her friends to stop sending letters for a while, twilight didn't understand why but she decided not to press the issue.

"I wonder if AJ managed to get her extra plot of land for more trees not that she and big mac need more work" twilight chuckled remembering the last time the stubborn farm pony took more work then was good for her.

"at the rate rainbow dash is going in her wonderbolt training, i think spit fire should be worried she may take her job from her" she continued. Twilight thought up all the different things she could about her friends she assumed that rarity's line of fashion had become more popular in Canterlot firstly because of all the ponies she saw dressed in outfits made by when she looked out of the windows and balconies of the castle and secondly, she kept getting dresses delivered from a shop that recently opened on the street near by one of which came on her birthday. She could think of fluttershy running a full blown animal hospital, in one of the letters she was sent from the yellow pegasus it sounded like she couldn't fit many more animals inside her cottage and a majority of the woodland creatures population had been pushed out of the everfree forest thanks to more predators taking over the territory. Pinkie was the last that came to her mind and then she remembered the last time she tried to understand something that happened to pinkie pie and shuddered at the thought

"the day i learn what happens in pinkies head is the day the world stops" twilight muttered to herself still tired from the day before and her restless night sleep.

as she finished packing and about to head out of the door to the hallway to head to her carriage she noticed celestia and luna had waked in "ahh celestia luna you frightened me!!" twilight yelled.

"we are sorry twilight" replied the the night princess "my sister and i had no intention of scaring you"

twilight took a minute to calm down then turned back to her fellow princesses "it's okay but still why did you come into my room unannounced?"

"we came over to wake you for breakfast and to say goodbye" came the reply from the much taller and elegant looking celestia her mane also seemed a bit brighter like she had it groomed for some sort of special occasion.

Again twilight shrugged it off as nothing, her usually curiosity was drowned out by the thought of seeing all her dear friends again. After having a quick breakfast and talk with the two other princesses twilight headed outside to where her carriage was waiting and set off for the familiar tree shaped house she called home, she was looking forward to finally getting back there also remembering she had gifts for each of her friends and one especially for a certain green and purple scaled dragon when they arrived. The journey to ponyville was uneventful at least twilight had had someone to talk to the first time she ever went to ponyville even if she didn't want to go but now she was alone and if she interrupted one of the guards pulling her carriage they'd assume something was wrong and they would slow their journey making her arrive late.

"now i know how rainbow feels when she hasn't flown for a long time" twilight moaned " i don't know how she can deal with it."

Still feeling bored from the long trip twilight began looking up at the clouds trying to see if she could see any shapes in them but she only ended up explaining how clouds work, how long they took to make and the fact that pegasi once made a famous drink specifically from the remnants of a previously used cloud. Ponyville finally appeared in her line of site as they flew over the town twilight got to look at some familiar faces, she observed the residents going about there daily business even watching Lyra and Bonbon having a chat in the park Lyra still sitting in that awkward position she always sat in. Twilight tried looking for more recognizable ponies eventually seeing ditzy walking over to a stallion she recognized as the doctor, however she'd heard ditzy call him time turner a select few times so twilight wasn't sure what to call him she, made a mental note to ask him what his actual name was and what that blue box he always had was all about.

Before twilight could see anymore familiar ponies she noticed they were descending so she guessed her journey in the carriage was almost over after they finally stopped moving she hoped out and onto the soft feeling of grass on her hooves she left the air flow through her mane and into her lungs for a minute before looking at the tree and sighing

"it's good to be home" she said stepping to the door and as she walked she had expected it but it still surprised her to say the least for as soon as the entire lower floor of her library was visible streamers and confetti flew into the air and all her friends aswell as spike jumped out yelling.

"WELCOME HOME TWILIGHT"

Author's Note:

Honestly this is my first time writing anything fan fiction related please only give constructive criticism and don't expect it to be very good i wanted to try this out to see how it goes if it's decent enough i may make a sequel to it if not then... oh well hope you enjoy reading this

-TwilightSparklefan97

Comments ( 4 )

You need sentences. :)

If you're not using sentences, then all you have is a stream of text, which won't be able to convey any emotion or excitement to the reader. It's also a chore to read, because you're forcing your reader to do the work of figuring out where your clauses start and end.

As her eyes slowly fluttered open from a not so long night of sleep twilight groaned she knew she would have to be awake soon to begin another long day of being taught the ropes of princess hood, as she slumped out of bed she used her magic to cross off another date on her calender attached to her bedroom wall she took a quick glance and turned to go to the bathroom hopeful that a shower would wake her up her eyes widened and she raced back to her calendar and as soon as she saw the date she flared up her wings and jumped for joy today was April 13th the day she could finally return to ponyville and see all her friends again.

I'll try to break down this first paragraph for you so you can see where sentences are appropriate.

As her eyes slowly fluttered open from a not so long night of sleep, Twilight groaned.

She knew she would have to be awake soon to begin another long day of being taught the ropes of princesshood.

As she slumped out of bed, she used her magic to cross off another date on her calendar attached to her bedroom wall.

She took a quick glance and turned to go to the bathroom hopeful that a shower would wake her up.

Her eyes widened and she raced back to her calendar and as soon as she saw the date she flared up her wings and jumped for joy.

Today was April 13th, the day she could finally return to ponyville and see all her friends again.

yeah thanks for that i'm pretty new to this so i guess i'll edit this and break that paragraph down in some way :twilightblush:

jesus i've been lazy as hell i need to update this:facehoof::twilightsheepish:

Login or register to comment