Five Score, Multiplied By More 1,235 members · 80 stories
Comments ( 46 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 46

Just curious.

Still interested in 5S/4?

Not really, the main story ended and I never was really interested in all the different sidestories. There are a few 5S/4-sidestories on my tracking-shelf but I from most of them I can't even remember when they last updated. That is probably also the reason why they are still on my shelf, I never noticed them so I never threw them off my shelf...

I still like it

Yeah, and I've been writing one for a while only to figure out that the character was already used. Incidentally, I finally got around to reading the first chapter and realized that pretty much half of it is actually canon seeing as it was finished before the original even ended. Luckily for me, that opens it up for me to still add my own, I guess. I think there are several with notable characters repeated anyway.

So yes, I'm still interested at least. I'm also keeping up with the updating ones. I'm confident that CyborgSamurai will finish The Last Crusade eventually, and I know Phenrys and SparkyBrony are updating their side stories rather frequently as well, adding in much of the later show canon and post-war content if you're interested in reading some.

On the same token, I've been rather upset that I rarely see people who are into Five Score, and I never have anyone to talk about it with :ajsleepy: but whatever.

I am most definitely interested. Interested enough that I'm writing one of the aforementioned side-stories. So is SparkyBrony. His story, Dust on the Wind, updates rather frequently. My story, Dust on the Wind: Irony's Tale, is updated regularly; though, admittedly, not as often as his.

We are collaborating on these works, and feel that there is much worth writing about in the Five Score universe.

Don't be afraid to use a character that is already used, especially if the story isn't being updated. You were kind enough to give me a peek at what you're working on, and I think it will be pretty amazing!

3887279 You probably know all this, but not only is it not being updated, it's complete
Lol. But I read the first chapter, and looked at the stats and user page. I don't think I'll be stepping on anyone's toes with this one, especially if Celestia and Luna were used twice, once referenced in the chain (each author referencing another from the original to Lunar Phases) and with the other referenced directly by TwistedSpectrum on his page. If you don't mind me asking here, which ones have you read, and can you tell me if any of my ideas clash with them so far? Aside from the obvious one of course.

Not according to my follow-up story to Music, Muscle and the Multiverse, The Empire of Discord. Only about ten percent of the people in the group have checked it out, sadly. Probably less in reality. This group has gone the way of the five score universe's MLP, dusty and mostly forgotten. That said, I'll continue putting out chapters, as usual. I certainly haven't forgotten about it, and that's certainly something. (Funny enough, I still haven't finished the main story yet.)

3887298 first, I'm sorry to see those ratings for the story, but I actually have an explanation.
When you first posted the side story, it was at a time before the ban when the site was flooded and before the related stories had a place. It was also so soon, that very little of the massive amount of readers for five score today have actually seen it. Truthfully, I didn't really know it existed until you put up the sequel and by then I was put off by having to read one before the other. It's not long, but it also uses Lightning Dust, who (unpopular opinion) is not a character I was very interested in... and admittedly was already invested in another author's take on her already. That said, I would still like to give yours a try. I just haven't gotten to it yet.
tfw Sparky's probably going to see this comment:derpytongue2:

I'm actually slowly plugging away at one myself. The problem I have is that a certain other crossover story has been dominating my inspiration of late.

It's hard work creating 30,000 words before submitting when your muse keeps handing you stuff for other stories.

3887305 I understand what you are saying. That is certainly true. It just makes the author part of me a little heartbroken that practically no one has read it and those that have have given it only downvotes. (I have one favorite and one read later, though, so that's nice.) I think that once someone gives it a like, then people are going to see that and will give it the chance it deserves. Also, the way you feel about Lightning Dust, I feel towards Trixie. TNAB and pchn00 have the only Trixies I actually like, so it's hard for me to give a story with her as a main character in it a read. Thanks for lifting my spirits a little, it's appreciated.

I don't know about the rest of you, but my time to read stories at all anymore is rather limited. I write when I can, and all too often it's choose between writing and reading. Plus, so many of the Five Score stories never get completed, or even updated.

I'd love to hear everyone's favorite side story, so far.

I'll start: Dust on the Wind.

FYI, I stayed writing Irony's Story before I ever met Sparky Brony. He read what I posted, started commenting, then told me he wanted to write a Five Score story too. I preread for him, and liked what he wrote so much that I wanted to work with him. He has amazing ideas, and knows how to get them onto paper. After a whole, I realized that my story want a Five Score fic anymore. It is a Dust on the Wind fic, which takes place in the Five Score universe. His writing has influenced me so much, and I'm very glad to have him as a friend.

To Sparky, I want to say thank you. You have brought a lot of joy to my life.

I'm still working on my side stories, A Gentle breeze of change and On Our Own, which have my Original characters, a Pegasi named Summer Breeze and her sisters, along with various other original characters showing up (created by authors who wanted to help collab).

The other story, On Our Own, is a sequel to Little Horn's Story, and it's all about this unicorn filly called Little Horn and her adventures with her cousin, Harmony Trebleheart, as they meet other ponies. Little Horn was reunited with the Cutie Mark Crusaders (along with Babs Seed) and a new friend, JXWheeler's Duo (his unicorn colt). Together the group has discovered the sonic rainboom and are making preparations for the trip to Iowa.

The same is happening in A Gentle Breeze of Change. Although I think the group led by Summer and her sisters have already found the farm's location from their scouting reports (they sent out a few flying patrols to find the farm's location from the sky and reported back).

I haven't heard much from my collaborators, but i am sure they would like to continue the stories.

It's hard work creating 30,000 words before submitting when your muse keeps handing you stuff for other stories.

Yeah...

I get the why, sadly, because there was a lot of one or two chapter crap for a bit... but that rule really took a lot of steam out of this group. :pinkiesad2:

I wonder if we could get it lifted now, now that 5S/4 isn't the hot flavor of the moment anymore? Anybody here that has tried to raise that point with the mods?

Personally, I'm still writing though, and my own Five Score story recently updated after a long hiatus. :twilightsmile:

Heck, I'm actually tapping away on a new, shorter one, but I have to admit that 30 K thing is a bit tiring.

3887242 I do, just wish they would continue the main story

Uh? The main fic is complete and has been for over half a year.

I think 3887427 is talking about The Last Crusade and that Daring Do once I can't remember the name of, since they were/is the main 'with official seal of approval' off-shoots and they're not yet finished.

I'm still interested and have a couple of side fics in the works. I still download a lot of side fics to my kindle and read them on my way to work, where I think of ideas for my own fics. It takes over an hour to get to work, and about two to get home, so I do get quite a bit of reading in.

So far my favorite side fics are 'Dust on the Wind', and 'Earning Wings of a Different Nature'. There are more but don't quite remember the titles off the top of my head. One involves Cadence, and another Chrysalis.

- Incognito Brony

I might be interested in writing a shit fic for the group. Only problems, is that most if not all of the characters I'd want to write about are already being written about in either the main fic or ones that update frequently (like Sparky & Phen's).

3887332 I feel more than a little possessive of Lightning Dust. But I've got another browser window open to give it a shot. That being said, I'm actually pretty upset that such an excellent story as the original 5s/4 is fading away, and so many are unwilling to try out the side stories. Buy I will keep plugging away at Dust on the Wind until the story reaches a conclusion.

There are a lot of incomplete five score stories I'd love to see continue. I do think the setting still has potential for interesting stories. As far as I know only Dust in the Wind and Irony's Tale attempt to continue the story beyond the main story's conclusion, which is an unexplored place. Stories that greatly change the events of the main story also have interesting butterfly effects.

I'm kind of sad that more of those stories are unpopular, a good deal of five score stories are significantly better than a good deal of HiE ones (certainly less cliched), yet have significantly reduced view counts.

I still like it, though I've only read three.

Of course I like it. I even have my own side-fic.

3887242 , Yes, but on top of everything else that I do such as tending to real life needs, writing updates for my other fics, procrastinating on said fics, and prereading work for another person, it's still a long way off before I can get around to writing all 30,000 of my 5s/4 fic's minimum word requirement.

I don't have much of a problem with the ban. It keeps stories that don't have enough fuel to be completed from being posted in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I understand that the feedback is important, but if that's the case, there are ways to get around that by letting people read the story before it's actually published. The thing is, if you really have a story to write, the 30k word limit doesn't really seem like that much.

Earning Wings of a Different Nature was just updated recently, and The Last Crusade is still in the works, but the ending was postponed due to medical reasons.
Symphonies and Wubs is on hiatus due to the author being away from a computer for several years (planned and announced), but I don't have much faith in their return. As mentioned before, this is pretty much the whole reason for the ban. While I know that TLC and EWoaDN are pretty far in and likely to be completed, as well as Dust in the Wind going above and beyond in that department, I've been through four or five side stories with only one or two chapters and no ponies. I feel like I should also note that the rule doesn't specifically state that 5s fics are banned. It says that if it's not originally about ponies, or doesn't have ponies, it has to reach the 30k requirement or be finished. I could mention a 5s fic that got around the rule by doing this, but it was more of a set of one-shots that only made sense in the story's universe.

3887394 As a side story, I still love The Last Crusade the most. I think that the original is hard to beat imo, but then again, how easy is it to beat a character who was basically drooling all over themself unkowingly. I wanted to see a Lyra one where the role were reversed for the human and the human-crazed mare.

3887413 On another note, I bet I can find at quite a bit more fallout equestria sidefics.
also YOU were the one who wrote the trixie fic that I haven't seen yet >_< I really hope you did her justice.

Just fair warning on my story: I only recently got editors for it, so there's quite a few spelling errors that's currently being fixed.

Still, not to brag (too badly :trixieshiftright:), but it's currently sitting on more views than the rest of the mature rated stories combined, so I must be doing something right, right?

Do feel free to leave feedback if you give it a go, though!

I loved the main story, and I love anything related to it

Strayan Phoenix
Group Contributor

I must admit that as far as the side stories go, I think 'The Last Crusade' and 'Dust on the Wind' are both better than mine. :twilightsheepish:

Yes. At least I am.

I actually am, still waiting for some stories to update.
3887648 Doesn't mean you couldn't still write another one using one of those characters.
I actually had started one, too, right at the beginning, but never got far with it at all.

Defiantly still interested in Five Score, still looking for good side fics to pop up and new chapters of the ones I've found to be released.

3889694 I wouldn't agree with that, thank you for the compliment, but your story is excellent. Keep it up, I always like your updates!

My stories are still getting written, and I hope to wrap them up with some help from talented proof-readers and some writers who can write for some of their original characters or some canon characters.

On Our Own - Featuring Little Horn, my oc unicorn filly. She and her cousin, Harmony and the Cutie Mark Crusaders (including babs seed) are meeting new ponies and helping them cope with some challenges of ponies living among humans.

A gentle Breeze of Change - a weather reporter finds himself the subject of a change into a pegasus mare and also discovers his/her siblings have been also been transforming into ponies. Along the way, our female pegasi and her siblings meet up with some new ponies and they form a herd, working together and helping the youngest fillies and colts among them discover their true pony selves. Their goal: reach the resserected mane 6 and help find a way back to Equestria and defeat Discord!

PM me if you are interested in helping me finish up my stories....

Well I am in the planning process soon to be writing my Celestia story so. It'll be put up when it's over the 30k ^^

Well I recently viewed irony's story and liked it.( although i'm not too keen on the shape shifting pony) (( and coming from a changeling fan.. that must sound weird..)) but it finaly added the spark i needed to write my Fic. i want to focus more on the conflict with the human world. with two main leads being my Oc's Noble oath, and Teller Scribe, the latter being at the start of the story in prison. I would like to know if anyone had any idea if there is some overlapping force that i should know of before I start writeing

yes defiantly I know some of the story's have dried up or just plan died but there are also some huge story's that are going strong.
I love them all.
Harts Fire

Oh I'm still interested in it. Still following Dust in the wind, Still hoping that The Last Crusaide will continue Still hoping for more in Earning your wings.

Still reading Irony's tale.

I've even started writing my own fic following the story of Twilight Velvet. Figured it might be fun to choose someone that few others would use.

Anyone want to do a story featuring Trouble Shoes? It would be called Just My Luck (tentative title). Person gets an upside down horseshoe cutie mark, and then a lot of bad luck stuff happens. Eventually, Trouble Shoes meets some friendly humans-turned-ponies who help him look at his cutie mark a different way.

I was also thinking of a story about the buffalo tribe from Over A Barrel, featuring Little Strongheart and Chief Thunderhooves. An aspiring gymnast ends up embracing his/her Native American heritage when he/she ends up as Little Strong Heart. Her coach or father becomes Chief Thunder Hooves.

But, I'm sticking with A Gentle Breeze of Change and On Our Own. Both are being worked on as we speak.

I just got through reading a number of the stories here along with the main one (VERY well written and quite believable as a story).

I'm going to give it a shot myself.

3887242 I don't know what this is. May you provide me a link with what story to start off with?

Nevermind, found it.

I'm always interested. Just terrible at writing.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 46