Straight Shipping 2,895 members · 6,611 stories
Comments ( 101 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 101
HMB
HMB #51 · May 17th, 2015 · · 1 ·

I seriously can't stand Octavia x Vinyl

*PUTS ON EOD SUIT*

Any gay/lesbian ship (Especially RariJack, plz no hate RariJack fans) any incest ship :fluttershysad: also Shining Armor x Queen Chrysalis
so what Im saying is I want braemac to be sunk no offense braemac fans

Pardon me, I should have been more specific: I meant that most females I know don't want males younger than themselves. Though there are exceptions, the general rule-of-thumb is that they desire males of the same age or a little bit older, because let's face it, guys can be immature.

4374420 Mane6 all. RDXPP, RDXF, RDXA and RXF not included. They're OK.

4374420 I :heart: fluttercord, it's cute.

Buuuut I have a particular dislike to Appledash (sorry) and Rarijack (sorryaswell), as well as Carajack, Dislestia, Fluttermac, PokeyPie, Raripants and several more.

Flashlight should be destroyed, burned and never spoken again to the general public.

Also, Rarijack and Fluttercord.

Oh and maybe...Twidash. I say that because ever since Twiligt got "Wings" Imjust don't get it ?

4375825 Why PokeyPie? I'm not a PokeyPie shipper. I'm just asking because you see so little of it anymore.

fluttercord- discord need to date someone his age
sparity- age gap and THEY ARE DIFFERENT FUCKING SPECIES
Cherimac- errrrrr I just don't like it
flashlight:pinkiesick:brad has no personallity and twilght has loads

Octavia and Vinyl. I don't get that ship. Sure they know music but I can't see how that would work. And I don't care what the shippers say, the author can't know and can only create their own versions.

Also any gay/lesbian, incest, anything that involves fetishes.

I don't know much about ships. I mean there's submarines, battleships, etc but never know too much of models.

We're talking about pairing ships aren't we? :applejackconfused:

4375887 I don't know. It just doesn't sit write with me.

Especially since I have his collectible. He's technically 'Royal Pin', a stallion who loves making clothes. That's more... Rarity.

I got ones I prefer over others but I usually just think "fans will be fans" and leave it at that for some other ones.

It's a canon fact that Sunset Shimmer is a cougar.

I find it hilarious that the only fan work that gets Sunset's age right is a parody while every damn fic ever written about her is happy to just ignore canon and pretend she isn't quite a bit older than the mane six so she can make out with Twilight and, i dunno, not feel as icky or something.

Hilarious.

I think every fan is entitiled to their own opinions and how and what pairings they like, but to go out on a rant just because you don't like a ship you are going a little overboard. Each pairing either being straight or homoxesual have their reasons why, when, where, who, that's why we write fanfiction to answer those questions and to see how it would have played out. I have my own ship's that I like, but that doesn't mean I'm going to dislike a story or shout at someone via messages just because that respective pairing is not there. And for a show like My Little Pony, the producers take a huge risk by making a shipping cannon because despite our brony fan base the show is still directed at younger audiences, which may affect them in some way for better or worse and this could give ammunition to those who are really out there to destroy the show and its fanbase. All in all the discussion of shipping should be kept at a fan base level. Yes producers can give us suble hints and different scenarios, but they can't do much more than that. No shipping so far is cannon, so hold your ponies!

Adding Appledash to my list as well as for,two,ponies that is voiced by one woman that are just too much alike just boggles my mind how can anyone see those two together ?

I think every fan is entitiled to their own opinions and how and what pairings they like, but you're not entitled to express them in public.

FTFY.

No one is planning to go boycott or troll any stories here, people are just talking about ships they dislike or find annoying, we have every right and reason to do it, and we're not going overboard on anything.

4374911 Yeah, it's not technically incest even if they're from the same family line. Odds are, most citizens of Ponyville and cities settled after it can trace their heritage back to the Apple family at some point, seeing as the Apples were the first ones to settle there.

The one straight ship that I dislike from conception is CheesePie...not helping matters at all the fact that Cheese Sandwich is basically a non entity that most likely will never appear again in the show because his voice actor is too famous for his own good.

I expect a ton of hate-comment for saying it, but I can't stand SoarinDash shipping; it's overrated, overused, and even as a new ship it bores me because it's so obvious. Maybe I'd enjoy it more if I didn't see fanart or a story about it almost every day. And don't get me started on SoarFire; (Or SpitSoar, whatever it's called) same exact problems.

FlashLight. Toss a Tsar Bomba on that forced piece of shit.
• SoarinDash. Because boring stock pairing is boring.
• Any inter-Mane 6 ships, especially AppleDash.
• Anything with Discord. Dislestia in particular.
• To a lesser extent, Spike and any of the Crusaders. He's shown to be a mite too mentally mature for them.

Just my two cents.

Someone shipped Queen Chrysalis with Flash Sentry? I can't say I'm surprised... :trixieshiftright:

4381720 yes and it still makes me twich

Fluttercord,Dislestia,Sparity,Flashlight,Rarijack and Doctoderpy.....(please,don't hate me :twilightblush:)

I personally consider shipping to be utterly cancerous. It can be done well, but 9 times out of 10 all it is is people wanting their favourite ponies to bang so they can "feel all tingly in their special areas".

I don't think that's quite fair. Lots of people write shipfic with no sex, including me, and we write it for a number of other reasons than "wanting our favorite ponies to bang." I have a lot of favorite ponies whom I have no desire to ship at all. And I suspect that the gratification gained is emotional, rather than sexual.

But even if that were true, how is it "cancerous?" I think we can agree that cancer is a Bad Thing, and it is bad because it affects people. How does shipping negatively affect you? How does it negatively affect anyone?

The TDN Iconoclast, it ate my entire fleet of heavy cruisers and got away without so much as a scratch... twice.

Back on topic.

As some others have already stated, shipping is fine, just another means to a common end we all share; littering the world with more horse words. Any ship has the potential to be good or bad, it's all in the execution

Comment posted by Mr mustash deleted May 20th, 2015

pinky is the mouse from that kids show from the ninties the pony is named pinkie not pinky unless you're trolling and mispelling it on purpose. That colt friend thing was a april fools joke created by the analysis community.

4388532 Welp I fucked up than.

(No I am not a troll I'm just really bad at spelling)

Wow a shipping war, I love a good shipping war! :rainbowkiss:

Not to offend anyone here with my humble opinion, I would personally sink Sparity, because after all of those moments in comics and in show where Rarity gets lovestruck with others and Spike is just like a servant (Wink and flutter eyelashes to persuade him) I just think that each of them would be better off with someone else than each other.

Its cool dude don't sweat it we all make mistakes. :scootangel:

And this is where I appear and say......buck Spike/Rarity. But that's just me and I'm not a fan of Twilight/Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Big Macintosh or Celestia or Spike/Celestia (she's his adopted mom by the gods!) or almost any OC's.

Other then that, depends what I'm into at the time.....GO SPILIGHT!!!!

VinylTavia.
Sparity
Appledash
Fluttermac
Twidash.
ButtonBelle.

And some random Sailboat.

I have encountered the most disgusting shipping ever the shipping is

THIS IS NOT EVEN RIGHT MY THOUGHTS ON THIS ARE :ajsleepy::rainbowwild::raritycry::raritydespair::raritycry::facehoof::flutterrage::fluttershyouch::unsuresweetie::pinkiegasp::pinkiesick::pinkiesick::ajbemused:

THATS RIGHT ITS PRINCE BLUEBLOOD AND FLASH SENTRY

JUST YUCK

Datr #86 · May 24th, 2015 · · 1 ·

Let me see.

Now don't hate me for this. I'm not a homophobic, I support gay rights, but Homosexual Ships make me uncomfortable. Religion and stuff. I don't really want them destroyed, but in a fandom like this where everypony thinks every pony is homosexual it gets really annoying.

Real life ships. I just don't like shipping real people. The exception to this is if the two are in an actual relationship, in which case I'll gladly ship it. So Goldenfox x Keyframe I'll ship. Firebrand x Inkrose no (I get its just the OC's but the way I picture the OC's is based off of Josh's Hearts and Hooves day video, meaning the OC is just a form of the actual person in my eyes)

Incest ships. Taboo. I'm looking at you Applejack x Big Macintosh, Applejack x Braeburn, and Twilight Sparkle x Shining Armor! It won't be okay. IT WON"T BE OKAY!

Speaking of Shining Armor, Any Married Pony x Not Their Spouse. This one REALLY pisses me off. Second biggest Pet Peeve. It just KILLS me to see Shining Armor paired with Big Macintosh or whatever, and that's not even memorizing the fact its Homosexual (That's part of it, though). THAT CHARACTER IS FREAKING MARRIED ALREADY!

Finally for the groups, the pedophile ships. Jerry Peet once said Spike x Rarity is messed up without the shipping goggles. I say its messed up WITH the shipping goggles. I get when two characters are adults then age difference shouldn't matter. I get it. However, the way I see it is like having an adult seeing baby and saying they're going to marry it! I will admit though that it can work. One of my favorite authors has an OC who was I believe in his 20's or 30's marry Celestia and another Pony of the same age do the same to Luna. It doesn't take me out of the flow though because the characters met as Adults.

Now for the specific ships that don't fall in these categories. Note that wanting the following ships "Destroyed" is a bit harsh, but I don't really like these ships.

Fluttershy x Big Macintosh- I'm with AnY, It seems too dull.
Rarity x Fancy Pants- I don't see it.
Spike x Applebloom- I don't see it.

Lesbian. I rather prefer them as friends. Like this

Any gay/lesbian ship

You're gross.

I'm sick of seeing Aryanne shipped with filthy mudponies.

I’d destroy Twilight and Timber Spruce.

#1: Timber is a more annoying version of Flash. After seeing him, I got why people hated Flash. The first thirty minutes of Equestria Girls 4 was just Twilight moaning about magic, and making goo-goo eyes at Flash 2.0.

That might not have been so bad, if that was the first five minutes of the film instead of the first thirty. But stretching that into thirty minutes was way too much. I could tolerate Flash 1.0, and even develop a soft-spot for him. Because Flash 1.0 came in small doses, Timber didn't.

#2: But it’s worse then just Timber being a more annoying Flash. What’s a camp councilor doing, blatantly hitting on one of the kids at his camp? What made Hasbro think it was appropriate to put that in a movie aimed at kids?

Spraity because its fucking pedophilia!

Pedophilia? Spike does seem younger then the Mane 6, but not that young!

But now that you mention it, I’d destroy an entire category of shipping: Foalcon.

This highlights one of the fundamental reasons why Fluttercord is never leaving the disliked ships pile and just doesn't work romantically. And I've never seen any story with them that has ever tried to address this, appeal to fans outside the ship, or turn this around. They always go under bad shipping assumptions in writing by acting like they're already perfect and never highlighting anything about the pair that could be seen as good chemistry.
4374420 And this is just a whooping good essay about why AppleDash can be so meh. I'm neutral on it, and prefer it on a story by story case. It certainly has a lot of strong writers, though (with bookplayer and skirts coming to mind). But often it is a case of just equating a masculine woman with being gay for the sake of a stereotype instead of any investment in the pairing that goes beyond being flat.

The only "ships" (and I use that loosely) that I don't want anymore of are incest and foalcon. Everything else is really just a matter of people's preferences and isn't a bother. Though, I don't really like it when other ships are written in ways that are creepy, abusive, and played off as normal. There's some that I'm tried of seeing so much of, but none that I really want gone except those two kinds of content.

"But often it is a case of just equating a masculine woman with being gay for the sake of a stereotype instead of any investment in the pairing that goes beyond being flat."

That is a problem! From what I've read: A lot of tomboys are being told that just because they're masculine, it means they're lesbian or transgender. Society won't just let them be tomboys.

To be fair, a lot of people who started off as tomboys have turned out to be trans guys later on, but it isn’t like being a tomboy is the sole factor in that.

I think you've got the cause and effect backwards there. If a lot of tomboys turn out to be transgender: I think that's probably because of societal pressure on tomboys to become transgender. I don't think modern society really accepts tomboys anymore, if it ever did.

7152018 True, which is such a shame. Having grown up with friends and relatives who were tomboys. Personally I think tomboys can be quite cute and if they are willing to show their girly side around you, you should appreciate that they trust you enough to do that.

So I agree, just because Applejack and Rainbow Dash act like tomboys it doesn't mean they're gay or transgender.

Though I do think that SoarinDash is a bit overdone.

My comment didn't say that or imply that all tomboys are trans guys. It just so happens that a sizable fraction of them are, just like many trans girls were often very shy or feminine and mistaken to be "the gay kid" as per stereotypes. It's pretty well-researched that trans people will often start off as not conforming to their birth sex, but yes, obviously many tomboys would not be trans guys. But most trans guys often started off as tomboys. It's the order that I said it in that was pretty important.

Aside from that you can't "become transgender" most people are (unfortunately) very non-accepting of trans guys. There's pressure on them to stay tomboys and an even bigger misconception that they're butch lesbians, etc. So, it's harmful stereotypes all around. So, no, nothing was backwards, I think you just misread the comment.

Interesting point. Let's take this to PM.

Lol I wished Rarijack didn't happen but now I regret it because what we got was worse.

FlutterCord. And, every homosexual MLP pairing.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 101