The Collab Cage 651 members · 141 stories
Comments ( 86 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 86
Peregrine Caged
Group Admin

After giving it much thought, I have decided it's rather ridiculous to grant someone an entire Organizer slot if all they're after is a handful of other authors to co-write with them.

So, if you have a story idea you wish to collaborate on, but only need, say, 1-5 other people, please come here, make a post explaining your idea, how you might co-write it, where it'll be posted, and other such details. Make sure you end your post asking for people to PM you if they're interested--I think PMing the poster will be more efficient then drowning the thread with a single idea and then replies (hah, as if this will get that much use).

Anyways, get to co-writing! Challenge yourself or learn new things! Established writers, take on the newbies! Everybody--make friends! Go go go!

Go show, old bean.

In Derp We Trust.

I guess I'll toss my hat in here, seeing as my original collaborators have been AWOL for sometime:

The idea I have was intended for a fic I'm currently doing, but I started getting more and more story ideas that it just branched from there. I'm pretty big on music, specifically late 80's/early 90's R&B & Hip-Hop. Guys like N.W.A., Kid N Play, Bobby Brown, Teddy Riley etc. This fic would be based somewhat around that era of music, but in a modern setting with a focus on other music genres as well (Dubstep, Funk, Rock, ect).
Basically, the story revolves around an OC named Swing (Kinda lame, but "Swingbeat" just doesn't flow with me) who begins as a typical wannabe rapper until he and some of his friends start creating a new sound in rap, which is subsequently dubbed "New Jack Swing," combining elements of R&B, Funk, & Hip-Hop. After some moderate success, The princess' eventually invite them to the Grand Galloping Gala to perform, but are turned away by Prince Blueblood (Or some other stuck up official, I haven't decided yet), along with several other performers that were invited.

Each person involved takes turns writing the chapter and starts where the first writer left off. I already wrote and posted the first chapter on my account, but if you're interested, Send me a PM and I can give you the full story outline. I only need 2 people for this one (3, if I'm in a good mood) and I'd highly recommend that you'd be well versed in late 80's/90's Hip-Hop and R&B, though it's not necessary. ;P

While trying to write my first action story, I've discovered that I am absolutely horrid at writing fight scenes. Since there will be a number of them peppered throughout the story, I was hoping to find someone actually decent at writing them to help. Basically I'd tell you who was involved in the confrontation and who should win, and then let you go to town on however you want it to work... 'cause I have no clue how it works. I'd be awfully grateful if someone out there would help me, since I really don't want to give up on the story. Please? I'll give you full credit and mention you in every chapter... :fluttershysad:

Story Information

Description:
Each night, as she lay in bed, the sea called to her, and the tide pulled at her bones. Soon, Siren Song will have to answer its summons, lest her nightmares consume her. She will find herself mounting a perilous journey, and her reality will be shattered forever in its wake.

Link:
The Tears of a Siren

I have a story called Unleashing Eris, and it's about the first generation of the Elements of Harmony in an AU.
Basically, it's a before alicorn Cadance, Colgate, Berry Punch, Bon Bon, Vinyl Scratch, and Lightning Dust.

I have the whole plot set in mind, I'm just horrible at details, and I'd love a co-writer to help me have ideas. I'd like no more than two, maybe three.

Here's the plot layout, if anybody cares.
Oh-
Eris= Goddess of Discord, she's like a Rule 63 Discord, a female version of him.

Cadance is Celestia's daughter, Celestia is thirty-five and Luna is twenty-five. Cadance is 16. Celestia and Luna think there's an oncoming threat in Canterlot, so to keep the regular Pegasus safe, they send her to Ponyville, where she reunites with Sweetie Drops, now known as Bon Bon, who will end up being the Element of Kindness. Bon Bon was formerly a baker's apprentice at the palace, twelve, and Cadance was ten. They became close friends, but Bon Bon moved back to Ponyville.
Bon Bon is dating Lyra, by the way.
Bon Bon goes out to lunch with Cadance, since Lyra can't make it, and they go to Berry Punch's Cafe, and help out Berry Punch when something goes wrong, and Berry Punch thanks them. Berry Punch invites them to dinner later. (Berry will be the Element of Generosity.)
Cadance stays at Bon Bon's for the night, and wakes up with a horrible toothache, and Bon Bon starts freaking out, saying that they can't go to the dentist, but Cadance insists.
There, they meet the new dentist, Colgate. Colgate's a calm, pretty pony, but she can sometimes be obsessed with dental hygiene. Obviously, she can't be the element of Honesty (This won't hurt a bit.), but she's pretty fast for a unicorn, which explains the hourglass cutie mark, and she is a quick thinker. She ends up becoming the element of laughter.

Meanwhile, Cadance has a baby dragon like Spike, so she can communicate with her mother, Celestia. She is ruby red *if you care* and is named Scales. Scales goes to school to become educated, because Cadance insists, and she comes home arguing with Lightning Dust. Surprisingly, to Cadance, Lightning Dust never says "No I didn't!" in the argument, and when Cadance demands to know what's happening, and Lightning Dust tells the truth, ending up to be the Element of Honesty.

That is all I have planned out for now, and I have a few chapters done.

I need help writing it, ideas for more plots, and to add details to the story. If interested, PM me.

Okay, guys, I have this idea. I think it may just be a winner.

It's a story I call "Holes." (nothing to do with the Louis Sachar novel) It's intended to be as confusing as humanly possible. Basically, what's happening is that ponies are randomly getting sucked into small inter-dimensional gates that send them to a random point in time and at a random spot in Equestria. Their goal would obviously be to somehow stop the holes from showing up, but it proves incredibly difficult considering they have no idea where they came from or how they work. The holes can't be predicted or controlled. I want people to have to think hard about the chronology of events, as the story would jump from one time period to the next, and from pony to pony, so that each section of the story doesn't flow together in any easily understandable way. I'll also be mixing up the chapters to confuse even more. I want people to basically feel like a legend for having put all the pieces together in the right order.

The problem I'm having is that, with such an incredibly complex story, the plot is fairly hard to come up with. It doesn't focus on any one pony a lot more than others, and a lot more than the main cast will be featured. Trying to find out where/when to send all of them is also kind of hard. This story is gonna be big. Like, the FIMFiction version of Homestuck. If you have any ideas on plot elements or something, please PM me. You could even just send an idea for a single event. I need a LOT of events, so don't be shy about it. If you want to help write it, that's fine too. There's just so much to be done! I realize the description I gave might not do the story justice, so if you want anymore details, I'd be happy to supply them. Thanks to anyone who decides to help. I really appreciate it.

Comment posted by LordDrake deleted May 18th, 2013

Currently I'm looking for a partner-in-crime :pinkiecrazy: to not necessarily share a fic, but perhaps write companion fics or merely brainstorm. That way, nobody (me) hogs the spotlight. Brainstorming with another author can get the brain juices flowing, but with the privacy that a open forum doesn't allow. My story, the intro being written, will hopefully break general fanfiction rules and subvert them.

PM me if you enjoy any of the following:
-time travel :coolphoto:
-chaos theory (actual chaos theory) :twilightsmile:
-next generation ponies :twilightangry2:
-straight parodies :rainbowkiss:
-dramedy :raritydespair: :fluttercry:
-crack ships with buoys of reasoning keeping them afloat :ajsleepy:
-fanboys :scootangel:
-making fun of high school :twistnerd:

as for the plot, while somewhat still in the works, I would rather not reveal on a forum post. Just to clarify, it's not HiE or EQG related whatsoever. :trixieshiftright:

Hello out there, to the Collab cage. I am new here, so you probably do not recognize me, but no biggie. :pinkiehappy:

I have a Crossover/Alternate Universe fic in the works, and while I know those can be met with scorn in some corners of the community, I really do think that I'm onto something here. It will be a mix between My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door; those of you who have played other console games in the Paper Mario series should recognize this popular title. I intend for this story to be quite long and detailed, to the tune of about 40 or so chapters (not counting interludes and other fluff), and I am going to need a full-fledged co-author to help me work on this; I'm a decent writer on my own, but sometimes I hit a brick wall or have trouble figuring out just the right words to make a fic flow and capture attention really well.

Please keep in mind that I am not just looking for an idea guy, spellchecker, proofreader, editor or anything common like that; I'm looking for a partner, whom I can count on to provide me with regular support and inspiration for the fic, yet still sternly hold me accountable for procrastinating and keep me on the straight and narrow. I can take harsh criticism, as long as it is constructive, and indeed I encourage it; I want this fic to be as good as it possibly can, and am willing to compromise or change almost anything about my story and its constituent chapters and scenes if you think it could be written better.

Some prior experience with the Paper Mario franchise, especially The Thousand-Year Door is preferred, but not a deal breaker; as long as you are able and willing to assist me regularly with the fic, it doesn't matter if you have played the games or no. I can easily bring you up to speed on the plot and all the ideas I've got so far.

If you are interested or have any questions for me or anything, please send me a PM here on FiMfiction or contact me on Skype (account name is 'umbranoth'). I am on Central US timezone (GMT-06:00). Looking forward to meeting potential co-authors! :twilightsmile:

Hello everyone,

I am currently looking for a co-worker to help me with one of my projects. Since I know it's best to give as much information as possible when asking for help, I've gone ahead and laid out the details as to what kind of help I'm looking for and what story we'll be working on below. It's gotten a little bit lengthy, but I wanted to make sure I covered every detail. To make for an easier read, I've divided my plea for help with questions, so you can simply read the information you seek and scroll over the rest.

- Q: What story am I asking you to help me with? -
The story in question is called "Wings of Tomorrow ~ Lament of the World" and can be read here. The story is set in an altered, steampunk-ish version of Equestria and is mainly an adventure story, with the occasional instances of sad, slice-of-life and dark (no gore, though). It consists of thirty-six chapters for the moment, counting 226.509 words. For information about the plot and characters, please head over to take a look at the story itself, perhaps read a few chapters if the description manages to catch your interest. That should give you a good idea of what the story is about, much better than any brief summary I could come up with. Or maybe you've already read it, which is even better.

- Q: What kind of help am I expecting from you? -
A major part of it will be to edit my work and comb out any mistake or error that managed to sneak into it, but you will not just be my editor. As my partner/collaborator/co-worker or whatever you want to call it, you'll also have a hand (or two) in the process of the writing itself. You'll be allowed (even urged) to give your opinion on the characters and the unfolding of the plot and offer suggestions of how they could be improved. Help me write the characters correctly and make their dialogue sound natural. If I am stuck or stumped of how to start or write a new scene, it may be that I'll ask you to give it a go and write a few paragraphs until I can pick it up again. This partnership is not one of author and editor. Even though I will still take up the majority of the writing, it is important to realise that we are writing this together. We both will contribute to the writing process itself. So, in a way, you will be both editor, critic, proof-reader and co-author all at once.

- Q: How exactly do I see us working together? -
My preferred way of working is through Skype, though I'm open to other chat-media if Skype isn't your thing. Once you've decided that you want to help me, first order of business is to get to know each other a bit, after all, we'll be working together for quite a while, so it helps if we're at a comfortable level with each other. Naturally, you'll be filled in on the entire plotline of "Wings of Tomorrow" and all ideas I have for the mythology surrounding it. You're very much welcome to give your opinion on these ideas and to offer your own. This exchange and discussion of story ideas will be an important element of our partnership, since there will be times when I simply may not feel like writing and instead just want to discuss ideas with a like-minded individual.

As for the writing process itself, that is something that can be discussed. I've worked in a similar partnership before for a few years, and the writing of the story usually went as follows: I would write a few paragraphs, then send the doc to my co-worker. She'd look what I'd written over for errors, then wrote a few paragraphs herself, after which she send the doc back to me. Then it was my turn again, and this continued until the chapter was complete. It worked surprisingly well, and we were able to complete at least a chapter a week, often times more. I would prefer a similar method of working, but I'm open for other ideas. However, one method I cannot accept is that I write an entire chapter, and then send it to you for editing. That's not how this is supposed to work. I require your help and participation during the writing process itself, not after it. If I didn't, I would simply be asking for an editor now, not a co-worker.

- Q: When can I be found online? -
That can be discussed, of course, though ideally we'd do at least a bit daily. At least more than once a week, please, because at that rate I might as well continue working on my own and work just as fast. I'm primarily looking for help in order to finish chapters at a quicker rate than one a month, after all. Of course, you probably need to know at what times I'm online, and when not. On Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I'll usually be online between 12:00 and 24:00 CET (Central European Time), except for Monday, then I have to quit an hour later. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, I'll be on from 17:00 till 23:00 CET. (CET = GMT + 2:00 during summer time, + 1.00 during standard time.)

- Q: Are there any special conditions I expect you to meet? -
Since an important part of your job will be to edit our work, it is of course expected that you're fluent and good at English. It would help if you have past experience in editing, but it is not a required. All that matters is that you'll be able to comb out any errors I make, since English is not my native language and even after eight years of writing fanfiction, I still make mistakes. Aside from that, the only condition I have is that you are enthusiastic about the story and have fun working on it with me. A lot of people tend to forget that we write fanfiction for fun. It's a hobby, a way to creatively spend our free time. Even if it can take a lot of work to finish a fic, it's important to have fun doing it. If we don't, we're doing it wrong. Good English and fun, that's all I'm looking for in my co-worker.

- Q: I've been writing this story on my own for 36 chapters, so why am I suddenly asking for help? -
Because, to put it simply, if work on the story continues at my current pace, I'll still be writing this by the time season 9 airs. There is still so much more story to tell, and so many other stories I want to tell afterwards, and if I keep doing everything by myself I'll simply never get any of it done. WoT~LotW alone would take years to complete, with a big risk of me simply getting discouraged along the way. I don't want that to happen. I want to see my story finished within a reasonable span of time, both for my own sake and that of my readers, but it'll never happen if I continue to work on my own. It's simply too big for one person, I realised that as I was writing the latest chapter. So, I spend some time thinking about it, and finally decided to look for help. I pray there is someone out there who'll be interested.

- Q: Am I aware that I'm asking quite a lot of you? -
I am more than aware of it. The story I'm writing is a big and lengthy epic. There's no getting around that. That means that writing it, or helping me write it, will be a long and time-consuming process. It'll take months. A year, maybe even more. I'm aware of that, just as I'm aware that this is a lot to ask of someone. Which is why I plead to anyone who might be interested in helping me: please don't say yes if you don't have the time to work on this, or if you don't think you can see this through to the end. I appreciate the offer, but I need to be sure I can rely on you and not fear having you drop out on me all of the sudden. Please don't say yes if you're only looking for your next editor job, but because you're genuinely interested in working on the story and seeing it finished. Again, I appreciate the offer, but I need my co-worker to be as enthusiastic as I am about the story. Simply helping me because you needed some editing work to fill the empty spots in your schedule won't help either of us.

Again, this is a big job and a lot of work. I know that. I know how much I'm asking. So, please, do not say yes lightly, but only if you're absolutely sure you want to do it.

- Q: So you have decided you want to help me and you're absolutely sure about it, how do you let me know? -
Simply send me a PM. We'll then exchange Skype names (or whatever chat medium you prefer) so we can get into contact and get things started.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask them below and I'll do my best to answer them.

With that said, all that's left is for me to thank you for your attention, cross my fingers and hope for the best.

I'm a long time fanfic writer ( not on here, but still) and this is the first time I've heard of collabs. They sound like fun and I'd love to give it a go. I do however need a partner ( or several if that's how it works. Not entirely sure how this works.) ( oh and this will be a darker fic. I don't want to call it a Grimdark though because I always picture Cupcakes and the like when I do. Here's the plot I've worked out in my head so far. ( I have the first chapter nearly all the way done. I think I'll have the story begin just after the end of the second season. That way we can avoid Alicorn Twilight. I don't mind her in the show, but it's to easy to get mary sue with a character that the show itself nearly does this with.)

We start with Fluttershy holding the battered, half dead, form of Rainbow Dash. As she waits for the guards, too pull her last and best friend away from her, She recalls how each of her friends (minus Twilight who had died of a mysterious ailment that was impervious to magic not long before the first battle of the war) was slowly tortured to death, over the course of as many weeks, and then returned to the same cell to add to the mental torture of the rest. Now it's just Rainbow Dash and herself, and as soon as her friend dies it will be her turn. They were tortured for information on the Elements of Harmony that they had never had to begin with.

She also wonders what has become of Equestria since their imprisonment. She knows that the Princesses were killed fighting alongside the remnants of the royal guard in the Battle of Canterlot. They fought the 'Tribal Horde' an alliance of Griffons and Zebras, led by King Ioza (not good with names. TOTALLY fine with the other collab writer ( PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, somebody volunteer :fluttershysad: ) making up all the names ( or at least laying the options on the table) and backed by the monsters of the Everfree under the mind control of Zebra magic, in a desperate last stand to keep them out of the royal city. However, she and her friends were captured very soon afterwards, and they have no idea what became of the nation after it's benevolent leaders were toppled.

As she muses, she looks down at her Cyan friend who is gently sobbing. Broken, as is Fluttershy in a different way. She has no more tears to shed, they've all gone out of her as she watched her friends die in much the same way as Rainbow is now. She thinks to herself if she were a better pony she would do the moral thing and put her out of her misery.

Rainbow makes direct eye contact with Fluttershy and admits that she always loved her, lamenting that it took until now for her to confess it. Fluttershy admits her feelings in return, and they hold each other, waiting for the inevitable.

Eventually a guard walks in, a Griffon in a helmet hiding its face. The Griffon comes in, and orders them to come with her. Fluttershy is startled that she is being taken with Rainbow as they have always been taken individually but it comforts her that she can accompany the Cyan Pegasus, her mare friend, to the end.

( This is where the story starts to get foggy, as it's as far as I've gotten, and I'm not entirely sure on the details right now,)

Eventually the Griffon guard leads them to a room, where Fluttershy assumes she'll die in, but when they enter and there is no sign of blood or tools of torture she turns to the guard in confusion, and sees that she's taking off her helmet. When she does the Pegasi are too stunned for words, it's Gilda. After giving a cocky grin she explains that she joined the guard of the 'Tribal Horde' in an attempt to help the Equestrians however she could. ( we get too see a different light of Gilda. She's still hot headed, brash, and arrogant, but she's also loyal and has a hidden soft side.) She pushes the book shelf out of the way and reveals a secret tunnel. She tells them how to get to a barn, and that in a few days time somepony would come and lead them to another safe house, and eventually they would reach freedom.

They reach the farm house and enter an underground railroad that was started after the enslavement of the Ponies of Equestria had begun. They realize quickly that the Zebras had been messing with their perception of time in the prison, and what they had believed to be only a few weeks had actually been more like a decade. ( This detail will probably change. I need them to have been in prison for a long time, and with the torture killing most of them, that's going to be hard. It doesn't make sense for the interrogators to have the mercy of shortening the feeling of their stay in hell, however, so I'll need to find a way.) As they travel to along the railroad, we see how damaged they've been by their experience. Rainbow Dash has become a lot more timid, and reserved. She ( like Fluttershy) has had her wings clipped by their captors ( Rarity had her horn broken, Applejack had her back legs broken, and Pinkie Pie had been blinded. ( this was an attempt to break them mentally early on, which worked to varying degrees ( also considering taking this part out, it may be seen as TOO dark. Which it is, but I don't want to disgust my readers) Fluttershy has lost her ability to communicate with animals. She still gets along well with them, but she can no longer talk to them. She's lost her gentle nature. She's still a very kind pony, but she is no longer timid. She angers much easier than she once had, and she takes very little abuse from anybody. In a way Dash's and Fluttershy' positions have been reversed.

We also see the budding romance between the two Pegasi, and how much the two grow to need each other over time.

( honestly I half wish I could have kept the entire mane 6 around, but the plot doesn't allow for that. Honestly it's a bit self serving to keep Rainbow Dash around instead of just Fluttershy. I just had to have my RainbowShy)

After they reach freedom they're brought before Resistance leadership ( headed by Princess Cadence) , and after it is confirmed that they are the last bearers of the Elements of Harmony they are asked to go on a mission that only they can complete. Find new element bearers, ones for themselves as well, so that their power can be used to topple the insurmountable might of King Ioza and allow Princess Cadence to lead the resistance to victory. ( the reason Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are the only ponies for the job is because they still have ties to the elements) With only a vague idea of where to search, a nation of enslaved ponies, and a sea of enemy soldiers finding the new elements will be anything, but easy. Will the broken mares have what it takes to brave the odds, and save Equestria one final time?

Name: Connor Gorden, but my friends call me bambie. I also enjoy Connor, or Fry. Pretty much anything non-insulting is good by me.

My weaknesses:

Punctuation: I have difficulty with commas. I always have, tend to overuse them when they're not needed, and under use them when they are. ( I also have nearly no idea what : or ; are for)

Character: I'm told I sometimes have trouble with staying in character. I can see why this might be true. While writing emotional scenes I sometimes feel the characters are straying from their true selves.

Detail: Sometimes I add too much, sometimes too little, usually too much.

Consistency: This isn't a HUGE issue ( especially considering I always do a read over before handing it to my beta who reads it over, before handing it to my friend who reads it over, and reading it again myself to make sure there aren't issues with the work.) but from time to time ( especially when I walk away from the computer for a while.) I'll forget what Tense I'm writing in ( past, present, or future) or what Person ( first, second, or third) I'm writing in

Confidence issues: I sometimes start to doubt myself. Start thinking my writings crap, and that I should just quit while I'm ahead. I usually ignore this voice. Just as long as I avoid the comments section. WAY too many flamers online now-a-days

Strengths:

Plot: I'm told that I come up with very interesting plots. I also spend a majority of the time I'm alone deep in thought about where I'll put my characters next. One of the major reasons I listen to music is so that It'll give me inspirations as to the future of the story.

World Building (connecting somewhat with my ability for creating Plot): I may not be able to describe the world extremely well, but everything in that world makes sense ( even if sometimes I try to keep things looking like they don't, so I can give surprise answers later)

Creative Wording: One of the first things I was taught while learning to write, was that you never wanted to use the same word in the same paragraph if you could help it. Especially nouns. This has forced me to adapt a thesaurus like vocabulary to my writing ( dont judge me on the above, however, as I tend to need to proof read to get out the repeats.) ( though on occasion I feel like it seems a bit forced at times. ( haven't gotten a complaint yet, however, and have even gotten a few compliments.)

Accents: I notice that some authors seem to struggle while writing for Applejack ( thinking of just this site, not even mentioning fictionpress, or fanfiction) I've never had that difficulty, and even even enjoy writing like that. Though I do sometimes accidentally get stuck thinking ( and talking) like that for a few hours after.

Notes: Again I don't know how Collab works exactly. If the above plot summary is too restricting, and breaks the agreement between Collab authors, tell me and we'll go through an idea together and find some happy ground to do this project from.

As to the number of Collabers I'd like for the project? As many as possible, but one will do equally fine.

OH! Right. Almost forgot.... Ok well I did forget, but I'm back Dang it. ( :twilightblush:)

(Also sorry for the long above. I just noticed how much longer it was than everybody else's. Totally willing to give it an edit if neccessary. Going to be now, though, and work in the morning. So give me a little while.

ANYway... PM if interested *Pinkie Pie voice* Please be interested!!! Please be interested!!!

I have a story in mind and I want to share the writing experience with a fellow writer. The story takes place in an alternate universe 200 years into the future where Equestria's technology level has advanced past the Industrial Revolution-era tech. It was a future dominated by computers and advanced cybernetics allowed for ponies to become more than what they were born to be. However, the advancements in technology meant more ways for the power-hungry to take control. While the world relished in the benefits given by advanced tech, an invisible war is being waged between those who seek to control the world and those who want to stop them.

Yes, this is very much like Deus Ex because it's where I get my inspiration from. It would help if you have some knowledge of the game but I'm open to anyone. If you like writing fics that involves magic, technology, conspiracy theories (humans!), and maybe a little bit of romance, I hope you'll consider co-writing this with me. We can come up with an in-depth storyline together. For your convenience, my time is GMT +8, which means I live somewhere in Asia. If you're American, your morning would be my night and vice versa. Time zone is magic!

It would be better for us if you have Skype. My account is kanto-50 if you're interested. I leave Skype on most of the time though I may not be on it all the time so I apologize if I do not reply immediately. All I ask from my co-writer is that you have a very imaginative mind (magical horseshoes of flying anyone?).

So what say you?

Um...Hi all, new to the group, and oh...

*cough hack* Right, anyways, I'm looking for at least one to three people who might be willing or interested in collabing something with me. I've tried asking for help in the specific groups it pertains to, but didn't have much luck, so I figured a group who is dedicated to collab might be able to help more. If not, no harm done.

The story idea: I'm trying to write a sort of reconstruction of The Conversion Bureau setting, something that doesn't sit at either end of the extremes that the sub-genre has created. At the moment, I'm in the process of rewriting the first chapter of the story, (story seen here) but due in part to a general (and annoying) dip in my will to write, as well as some feedback that has had me decide to slash a good thousand words from what I had, I don't know if even the rewrite will get any traction.

Anyways, further details: The setting more or less involves the first decade of events following after Equestria appears in the middle of the Atlantic ocean as its own sub-continent (something akin to being a bit bigger than say Texas), the effects that Earth has on Equestria and the interactions that Equestria has with the rest of Earth. The final chapter brings forth the creation of a Conversion Potion that is declared to be a cure for terminal illnesses and debilitating physical problems. The thought is that this would be the first in a series of stories detailing the changes the two worlds bring to each other.

Link for the 1st chapter rewrite

Process of Writing: At the moment, it'd be rather loose as I'm kind of desperate for someone who can not only aid in writing and offer feedback on ideas, but specifically someone who can help inspire me to get into a mood to write. At the most, I have a few set things I absolutely want to see happen in the story, but otherwise things would be open to discussion and back and forth.

Outline document for it at current

Where it would be posted: It would currently be posted under the story already created and published for it, as seen in the above link in the story idea section. If people think there are other places it could be posted, then I'd be open to suggestions for such.

Other details: Firstly, the original premise for the story was for it to be written in a manner similar to that of the book WWZ. I've dropped the interviewer thing for the rewrite, but I'm not exactly wanting to have a central main protagonist. This is in part because I want to explore multiple POV's in the story, and also because I've been influenced to some degree by the many Alternate History stories I've read which didn't always have 1 single main character, or even a few.

Secondly, I don't necessarily need someone who will be writing as much as I am. The primary thing I'm looking for in anyone willing to collab is someone who can help inspire me to write, which sometimes only takes someone writing a paragraph or two that gives me the boot to the ass I need to get writing, or just doing some back and forth over minor or major details in the story.

If anyone is at all interested, please kindly send a PM my way, or comment on my user page.

Code 2, disregard my post. I think I'm just gonna go ahead and throw in the towel on that one.

I'm interested in getting writer's on board for a graphic novel project that's been inside my head since the age of 14. I'll give you a run down of what the story is about.

Daemon is a series of graphic novels that take place in an alternate universe, much like ours, except that the third planet from the sun is called Xandria. On Xandria, just like Earth, Humans exist, as does their many nations and cultures; unlike Earth however, Xandria's Humans coexist with many supernatural and fantasy creatures, also unlike Earth, Xandria's landmasses remained two supercontinents called Aurania and Ravinia. As the centuries came and went, Xandria became more modern, just like our Earth; as Xandria became more modern, the supernatural and fantasy creatures seemed to decline and by 2012 all but disappeared. Fearing an end to his race, and out of mere self-preservation, Abaddon, the self-proclaimed King of Demons, amasses a force of demons and magical artifacts and declares war on Humanity; this Demon Apocalypse plunged Xandria into an age of darkness that lasted a thousand years; during this Dark Age, Human civilizations degraded into medieval-like kingdoms, save for a few that utilizes "lost technologies" and many supernatural creatures also claimed territories for themselves, often engaging in wars with Humans or each other.

The stories follow Draven Morrigan, a 1500 year old Shadow Demon mercenary that becomes a permanent minion to the cat-like Demoness Ashera. The first book, called Daemon, chronicles Draven's first year as Ashera's minion; his mission is to travel the world with her and her other minions, a Lich called Grimm and a Flesh/Steel Golem called Atlas, on a diplomacy mission for her small kingdom called Andorra. While this is the main story plot, there will be some smaller subplots, ranging from overthrowing the tyrannical King of Britannia to solving the ritualistic murder of twin sister spirits.

Now, I find myself having trouble with the opening scene; I've pictured it a million times in my head, but can't seem to describe it properly.

In the opening scene, Draven is wandering the ruins of New York City in the Kingdom of New Albany; he's here searching for the vicious mutant Ogre Amon, leader of a dangerous mutant gang. He eventually comes across the ruins of Madison Square Garden and is immediately surrounded by Amon's goons; he explains that he only wants Amon and that he's not being paid to kill them, so he tells them to run if they want to live. Naturally they don't and Draven kills them with his twin .50 caliber Desert Eagles, Lenore and Ligiea. Once he's done slaughtering the goons, he makes his way to the center of the garden and finds Amon on a throne of skulls. Amon at first mocks Draven for his size, but then notices the sword on his back; he recognizes it as Malik, a soul sucking claymore. He challenges Draven to a fight and naturally loses his head.

After killing Amon and taking his head, Draven returns to his employer, the King of New Albany. Once he brings him the head, Draven demands his payment of 100,000 gold and once he has it, tries to leave. As he tries to leave, the King's honor guard block the doorways and the King demands that Draven serve him permanently; he plans to use Draven to eliminate those who'd expose his corruption. Not wanting to serve him since he violated a clear cut contract by trying to bypass the one year trail, Draven blows his brains out and he sarcastically asks the stunned guards if they'd object to a regime change. No one objects and they let him loose.

I'd explain more, but I feel like this will suffice for now. PM me if you're interested. Also, if you're interested in checking out character concepts, click here.

Hi, I'm working on a story ls called "Journeys In Equestria" I need a co-author/collaborator from the second chapter on out. I need help with character development, personality development, maintaining internal consistency, and help with some of the complex plans that the Royal Pony Sisters and their enemies will be using.

Story summary: For thousands of years the Royal Pony Sisters ruled over, guided, and protected their subjects but then the younger sister reluctantly parted ways with her older sibling out necessity. Now with the sinister threat of Discord looming over the land the siblings reunite to plan anew. Six friends must work together to stop the Wicked Mare of Darkness from plunging half the world into chaos and starvation.

I might vaguely be willing to help, I'd need to see the first chapter and more details on what exactly you need help with so I'd be able to be of any help.

What do you mean by "vaguely?

The first chapter will be ready soon, those though it will still need editing. you will be able to find it on Google-docs.

OK, should I send you a private message with more specific information?

Vaguely because until I have more info, I'm not all that interested and barely willing. With info on what help you need, the setting and of course a read of the first chapter to see if its something I can help with.

One thing I'd like to know, the way you wrote the story summary implies Discords the villain...but then seems to suggest Nightmare Moon is the main villain. Elaboration on that would definitively be needed.

OK, I sent a note to you and I'm wondering if have you have read it yet?

Hello, Im new here, and was quite recently sent here. I have no idea if this is the right place to post this, but i need a Co-Writer, for a Fic im planning on writing, but honestly cant find the time, as im working on 2 other fics at the same time, and juggling school as well.
Anyone willing to learn more about this fic, feel free to respond to this post, and have a fantastic day :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Hey guys!

I've got a project underway that's pretty ambitious - it's a multi-story HiE fantasy epic, with very classic "Hero's Journey" elements. I know it's best to give as much information as possible when asking for help, I'm gonna lay out the details on what the storyline is gonna be, and what kind of help I need with it.This is gonna be pretty long, but I'm just gonna cover as many details as I can. I'll try and summarize it as best I can in an FAQ format so that you can easily find whatever information is pertinent to you.

My latest fanfic, Equestrian Joe, is the first book of four in a series I have planned to make a good HiE. I plan for it to be pretty much a long-running fantasy epic with a very classic "Hero's Journey" feel to it. It's a little something like the old-school fantasy RPGs, just with the exception of the whole "Chosen One" prophecy bullcrap. Along the way, he meets many other characters, explores the world, ends up being dragged into a war, slowly begins to develop his own powers, and finds out why and how he was brought to Equestria in the first place. Word of warning, you're probably going to see this entire thing ridden with cliches, but fact of the matter is I don't really care about cliches - hell, I eat up cliches like fine wine and cheese. If you love your cliches as well, even as a guilty pleasure, I think you're gonna like this story.

- Q: What kind of help am I hoping to get? -
Well, I need pre-readers, proofreaders, editors, people to sound ideas off of, and more heads to contribute to brainstorming sessions when I'm trying to iron out a particular kink in the plot. Most of what I'm hoping to get will be engaging in discussions regarding what I have planned for the story, putting forth ideas of your own as suggestions, and suggesting how the ideas I have already come up with can be improved and streamlined. If I ever get stuck in a rut, suggestions on how the chapter can be continued will most definitely be welcomed - sometimes I need a little bit of a prod in the right direction to get my gears really grinding. If you have any additions of your own to make to the story on your own, please do so as well - even if it might not be exactly what I'm looking for, it might generate the inspiration that I need to come up with what I am looking for.

I'm online most of the time on Skype, and all of my work and what I have planned for it is already on Google Docs. If you have an email address that I can use to keep in touch you, PM it to me along with your expression of interest in helping out, please do include it so that I can share the documents with you and you'll be able to take a look at what I have so far.

- Q: Are there any special conditions I need met? -
Well, it goes without saying that I will need your command of English to be strong and fluent. I intend to keep this story as free of even basic grammatical and punctuation errors, much less spelling errors, and if you're really good at writing genres that I'm weak at (e.g. Romance, Drama), I will also most certainly welcome your expertise.

Quite, actually. I understand that this is quite a lot to ask for, but I have huge ambitions for this series, and I want to make it the best that I possibly can, so I am getting all the help that I can gather to that end.
If you would like to see this series become a reality, PM me your interest and I'll see if we can work something out!

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/35583/a-jewel-of-a-problem

Searching for a Co-Author again, this time for something that I've put more work into.

The above linked story, A Jewel of a Problem. Its a HiE self-insert story that until recently was co-authored with HoneyHoneyHoney. Issues arose though, and now he's no longer co-author.

- Q: What kind of help am I hoping to get? -
At the moment, I am working on finishing Chapter 9, and primarily what I need is a review of the chapter and suggestions on changes I could make to either streamline things, make things clearer, and of course to make it a good read and the like. However, I am also seeking help beyond Chapter 9, as the primary thing I have a problem with is getting myself motivated and in the mood to write. Having someone to talk with and bounce ideas off of has helped in those regards before.

For chapter 9, it'd be via comments on the google doc its housed on. For Chapter 10 and onwards, I'd add whoever co-authored to the list of people who can edit the document.

- Q: Are there any special conditions I need met? -
The first thing is of course an interest in the story. I don't want someone who isn't really all that interested or excited about the story helping. The second requirement is an ability to, at the very least, keep in contact via this site and the google docs I use to write the stories. Communication issues was the primary problem with my last co-author that led me to having to end that cooperation.

Other than that, being decent in grammar would be nice.

Yes, but I'm desperate and I don't want to end up abandoning this story, which I'm afraid without someone to help get me into the mood to write, will eventually end up on permanent hiatus.

I'm in need of additional help for my story, Janissaries.
pm me for the details if interested.

I'm looking for someone to help me oversee a large project. I'm looking for someone who can help me mold my idea into being and help get it produced.

Idea - Well, I just watched "The ABCs of Death" and thought of how awesome it would be to do something like that. The details are currently fuzzy, but I need you to help me decide what the big picture is going to look like. If you are interested in writing one short story, recruiting 24 unique authors, and overseeing production, please PM me.

Or if you are simply interested in writing a story for it, PM me as well and I'll get back to you as soon as I (along with my companion) figure out the details.

Happy 2014! :rainbowwild:

Hey.
Got a number of ideas, but no one on any of the forums dedicated to said ideas seems to want them, so I thought I'd give this place a shot.

Q: What story am I asking you to help me with?
Mostly Crossover fics with past mlp gens, with some occasional Equestria Girls ideas.
What kind of help am I expecting from you?
Mostly just doing the writing, getting the ideas to paper and executing them in a solid manner. That sort of thing.
Q: How exactly do I see us working together? -
I can supply the ideas and outline, while the you (should you chose to accept) do the writing. I'll make some edits/suggestions to the chapter and we'll move onto the next. Rinse and repeat until the story is finished
When can I be found online?
FimFiction, Rpg.net Forum, and skype (I'll give out my skype info by way of PM on this site and we'll talk more there)
Are there any special conditions I expect you to meet?
Since a lot of my ideas involve by Equestria Girls and Past generations of MLP, high tolerance if not outright fondess would be the best way to go about doing this, I think.

So you have decided you want to help me and you're absolutely sure about it, how do you let me know? Just PM me here on the site and I'll let you know if I'm ready for it.
So what excatly is this big idea of yours?
Basically, the entire MLP franchise meets Eric Flints 1632 series.
The idea is my take on the likes of Davidson's Mighty Demonslayer Grooms Ponies, or The Elements of Harmony and the Savior of Worlds by RK_Striker_JK_5
Both fics, among many others, deal with the idea of all the gens (or at least Dream Valley G1) taking place in the same world/past as Equestria. My take on it's more or less what would happen if the town of Coltenvillie from MLP Tales and Dream Valley from MLP N Friends suddenly appeared in Equestria, both of which would respectfully be near Ponyville or The Crystal Empire.
Although there’s some build up to an eventual big bad villain (Terck and Sombra will fuse into one big demonic unicorned centaur at some point), the stories mostly going to deal with how the different ponies from the different Gens react and adjust to life in Equestria, and highlight a number of the similarities and differences between them (such as the fact that ponies seem to like breaking out in song, have a fondness for the color pink, and abuses the heck out of heart symbols everywhere). Basically, it Striker JK's First Contact idea, but with nothing but ponies.

You seem like you have a pretty good handle on this idea, why don't you just write it yourself?
Honestly, I've tried many a time to write a pony story, but more often then not I just haven't had the energy/motivation to finish the dang thing, and for whatever reason ponys and I just don't seem to be able to click writing wise. The annoying thing is I can come up with some (in my humble opinion) interesting ideas, but know that I'll never get around to finishing them. So that's why I'd like to have a collaborator to help bring my ideas to daylight
You do know you're asking a lot of me, right?
Yea, it's a lot to ask of strangers on the Internet and I understand if most people aren't up for it, but I figure I have nothing to lose so I figure the worse that will happen is that my plea for a co writer will go ignored again, which while disappointing, is hardly the end of the world.

Ok I need help with a four stories that connects to a bigger story so I am going to need a lot of help so here are the storyes
Lightning Bolt the: musician after Lightning Bolt's brother Red Lightning kills has parents for his dark master, Lightning Bolt get cheered up by his friend Braeburn
Fruity: Is about an OC named Fruity who is looking for his father but runs into a town of Cyberpones and a pony named Colt Saxion.
Drake: the dwarf dragon is about a dragon who suffers from a rare disability called dwarfism so he his made fun of and what's worst is he is the son of one of the most powerful dragons in the realm named King Tyros king of all the dragon.
Oliver the Alchemist ( I may change Oliver's name) This story is probably the hardest one I have ever made but it also the most important one, This story is about my OC Oliver who what's to seek the philosopher's stone but it will destroy everything he cares about, this story is set in the pony version of Atlantis.
anyone interested in helping me then welcome aboard but be sure to PM me I which story you what to CO write or you could write it if you ask my permission and has long as you connect it to my bigger story then we are cool

Hi there, I'm perhaps the newest member to this group... so I don't know if this the right forum topic to goto in terms of the help I need right now...

My dilemma is for a current story that started out as a collaboration, Softening the Stone... but due to some 'personal issues', the collaboration fell through and now I am in a boat up a creek without a paddle...

I was wondering if there is someone on this group willing to help me out and finish this story (since it's nearing the climax, the one that was originally planned at least)... thank you for your time in reading this.

Alright, so I've got an idea for a story entitled When the Dead Roam. It's made to be a crossover with the CoD Zombies storyline in terms of places and major events, but with a lot of changes so that it's not simply an X-but-with-ponies-instead fic. The story is planned to take off from the events at Shi No Numa (that swamp level from World at War) and end at Buried (that Western level from Black Ops II). Major plot changes have been made to the original storyline so that the protagonists (4 of the Mane 6) are friends who are fighting for survival, not three test subjects and their master who all don't really care for each other that much.
I've already planned out chapters, characters, major events, and locations, but I need someone (or someones) to help me with the execution of it. I'm willing to work Origins into the beginning, but only if it can be done while keeping the protagonists' aforementioned friendship. PM me for more details.

Basic plot: Luna pulls a good prank on her sister, Celestia decides to retaliate with a confidant but as readers will discover things aren't quite what they seem. After the royal sisters have dinner Celestia brings up a bet that Luna has lost and agrees to honor that bet, Celestia suggests that Luna goes to a small town so she can make a public appearance or two before her reintroduction to public life next year.

After going through two small towns Luna goes to Ponyville on the eve of a local festival. after taking care of some business, After making some preparations she goes there with the intent to put on a show for the locals, but they're justifiable historical ignorance makes her change her plans. And when it intends to put on a special story for their benefit. Meanwhile an old enemy of hers plots revenge during a time when the number will be almost powerless, as another figure test the waters preparation for a larger scheme.

I need help with character interactions, portraying Luna's character, and coming up with an ending

I had the idea to write a comedy on Rainbow's autobiography from The Mysterious Mare Do Well. Each author would write a chapter from the perspective of a different fan of rainbow. It could be from 1st or 3rd person perspective, and it would be them attempting to glorify Rainbow. Anyone is welcome, so PM me if you're interested.

Looking for one or more partners. Story is called 'Murders At Twilight' description: Detective Sherlond Holm, a well known detective similar to Earths story character, Sherlock Holmes. The detective and dog Botton have taken on a rather nasty case. 12 murders across Equestria have occurred during a seven day period. All occurring at just after sunset, but before it's dark, Twilight. This distinct killers memo gives the case already called by many, 'Murders at Twilight". The first happened in Ponyville. The victim was local shop owner of Mustang Hardware, Ferrum. Cause of death is fast acting poison. The most recent, number 12, happened in Fillydelphia, local reisident Delon. This murder so far is the most gruesome, he was skinned in places, his left eye taken out, his front hooves cut off and shoved down his throat, his mangled body hung up on the cieling by his tail, and on the wall written in his blood was a message reading "Who's next?". Ten others have occurred in areas such as Trottingham and Canterlot. Where shall this monster strike next?

Comment posted by CheesewedgeFTW deleted Jul 14th, 2014

Right, here goes:

I'm currently working on a fanfic about an old pony who develops Alzheimer's pretty early on in the fic, then gradually goes through each stage of the disease until his untimely death at the end, at the same time often forgetting about the ones he cares most about along the way. More ideas are needed to help flesh out the story,so anyone willing to help is much appreciated.

Looking for a partner. The story is called 'Of Blood And Water' description: The mythical Atlantean Empire strikes from the shadows one summer day, leaving Equestria's eastern seaboard in ruins. Now they seek to lay death and destruction to the rest of Equestria using strange weapons and magic. All hope seems lost as Equestrian defenders are killed or captured.
Princess Celestia must now find a way to turn the tides and drive them back from whence they came, before it is too late to save her country…and somepony dear to her.

I'm still learning the art of storytelling, so i'm weak in a lot of areas. So if you're interested feel free to pm me for more information.

Hello, I'm looking for two or four co writers to help me with five stories I been writing since almost last years [ All Spike fics] I'll link three, and tell the last two.

Dark Seduction
Description
It's the Night of Princess Twilight Sparkle Birthday, and she invited everypony she knows, with the exception of Spike. The reasons she didn't invite him was because one: there had a fight, and two: She had a secret that could ruin both Twilight, Rarity's and Spike friendship.

Corrupted Kingdom
Description
Chrysalis had finally taken over Equestria, 18 years later her daughter Crystal live a normal life as a changeling princess, until her 18th birthday she was kidnapped by the rebels and taken to the only know place Chrysalis hasn't corrupted, the crystal empire.

A Dragon's Requiem
Description
Spike was trail and banish for a crime he didn't commit. Luna know he's innocent but her sister said others, upset she exiled herself. Four years later, Spike alone with Nightmare Moon seek revenges for those who frame and betray Spike.

Heat of the Moment
Description
It a three part clop flick where Celestia, Scootaloo [grown up] and Apple Bloom [also grown up] are in heat. question is how will there deal with it.

Sliver Lining
Description
Sliver Spoon is sad that she nor her friend Diamond Tiara had a date for hearts and hooves day. One day Spike came along and ask Sliver Spoon. I haven't work out the kinks but to sum it up, Spike and Sliver Spoon have been dating for three months [or years] how ever Diamond loves Sliver Spoon, Rarity loves Spike, Spike and Sliver Spoon love each other. Rarity and Diamond team up to break up those two, by any means necessary. [And yes I could do any one of the crusaders But I want to do things outside the box]

So if you're willing to help pm me

Hi, I'm looking for at least one person to collab with. I have several stories and several more ideas that haven't been fleshed out farther than "Hey I wonder what this would be like". I have a couple of stories already posted and some that aren't that I have done some work on. I prefer writing shipping (TwiDash), HiE, PoE, and a general mix of them all. I also like to come up with stories that focus on ideas that I haven't heard of someone doing before or that I would work differently.

The main reason I am looking for a collaborator is I am absolutely atrocious at writing even the simplest of dialogue. :facehoof:

I do have a story in the works that probably has way too many ideas put into it, but I would like give it a try anyways.

PM me if you are interested, I can send you more info on any of the ideas I have or we can make something completely new! I also don't mind re-writing anything that I have already made. :pinkiehappy:

Still looking for another author if anyone is interested. PM me if you are and I can get you caught up. Thanks in advance. This is an HiE story btw.

Unfortunately, I don't have any good ideas for a story right now, but I would like to collaborate with other writers to hopefully come up with something interesting and/or unique.

If anyone has anything interest they wish to write and need some help, or just want to create a story idea with me, please feel free to send me a PM.

Upsides: I can create rather interesting story ideas, medium-complex grammar and vocabulary, editing is extremely simple for me.
Downfalls: I have trouble keeping a story, most of my work rushes through the story, and I lose hope in projects rather frequently unless I have a group of people supporting the idea/motivating me to keep writing.

Looking for a co-author to help me write a new story. The story is about one of the main six being the daughter of Chrysalis. This takes place after the events of the Canterlot wedding and the Changelings are nearly extinct. I sort of have an idea where I want to take this, but I'm always open to adjustments. Send me a PM if you're interested.

I plan on doing this on google docs, so if you don't have a google account, you might want to get one if you want to do this.

Comment posted by TheEmberMan deleted Oct 22nd, 2014

That moment when your desk is almost bloody because you cant find a co-author, inspiration, plot ideas, and need something to write to kill time. fFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFff-

Argh finally got something. Took me long enough.

To get down to the basic idea, it's mostly just a band of pony OC's who go around equestrian and play their songs to the ponies across the world. It focus' on the lives of an older colt and his three friends and what goes on in their lives. Their families, their pasts, everything. To keep themselves happy, they just continue to play songs to their fellow kind to put smiles on their faces and such. It's only a basic idea but I might be able to make this work with the help of someone.

The band members:
Singer - (Unknown)
Guitar - (Unknown)
Bass - (Unknown)
Drums - (Unknown)

Guest Bands/Stars throughout the story
CMC

Unfortunately, this was hastily thought of, and this is all I have so far. I have to post this before I lose my motivation to continue and delete this, if you have questions, feel free to message me.

Hello, I'm currently looking for a co-writer to help me with a story I've been working on. It has two co-writer's already but both of them are very busy with their own projects as well. If anyone's interested please PM me! Here's link to the story:

In Brightest Day...

I'm looking for help with one of my stories: My Little Mousehunters. More specifically, I'm looking for someone who is willing to take a quick glance over what I have published, get a good idea for the direction I want to take the story, and help me finish the next chapter.

Requirements include:
1. You must have a Google+ account, since I have an editor's version up on Google Docs.
2. You can't spoil the story for others. I've written more than 6,000 words for future chapters, and I want that to stay secret until I publish it.
3. You must be willing to read at least part of another, non-MLP fanfic. The chapter I'm struggling with is based off of a concept introduced in that story, and I want to try to stay kinda true to the source material.

There are a couple of requirements for the story:
1. No smut, no blood.
2. OCs don't get major roles. The story focuses on the mane six and their journey through Gnawnia and beyond.

Bonus points to you if you:
1. Have a Facebook account.
2. Play Mousehunt, or are willing to start.
3. Can help with more than just the next chapter.

...So, PM me if you're interested. Seriously, I've been stuck since April. I'd really appreciate the help.

'lo everyone.

My most frequent artist collaborator, Swirling Line, recently revealed that she shares my love for the classic TV show 'The Twilight Zone.' She floated the idea that she wanted to do something 'Zone' inspired for next Halloween.

Naturally, I pitched the idea of a fic.

Basically, each author would select a classic episode from the series and do their own take on it, Pony Style. Each author would have free reign to tell the story as they wished with very little restriction. There would be some rules.

1. No two authors can use the same episode.
2. While it is okay for the same characters to be used in different stories (ala the same actors appearing in different episodes) try and broaden your horizons.
3. We're going to keep this as low rated as possible, out of respect for the original series.

These are just thoughts that popped into my head. Nothing set in stone yet, but Swirling and I are looking for interested parties. If you're interested, PM me with a sample of your best work.

(I'm really hoping this becomes a thing)

I'm currently writing The Equestrian's Guide to Humanity, a story involving Rarity taking human form and living with a human OC as part of a project to study humanity and learn it's in and outs.

I've written a few segments and am looking for others to write segments as well. I'll write a few more segs but I'd like to get some others to help. Basically, unlike a lot of fics, I'm trying to show that humanity is not a bunch of monsters, but capable of so much good, as it's shown time and time again. Mixed in will be segments done just for fun, such as Rarity adjusting to Earth and the human learning to live with her, and how the bond between them grows stronger as time goes on.

If you are interested, please PM.

I've been working on ideas for a collab since 2012 based on a complete ponification of J.R.R. Tolkien's the Silmarillion . Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find anypony who's read the book to discuss it with, and the friends who suggested I start a group for it here on fimfic (which I did) sadly didn't have time to help. But I'd love to start a collab for it, as was my original intention. Here's a post explaining what I had in mind. Points of interest:

1. The pony version is its own infinitely expandable alternate history of Equestria. Think FoE, that sort of thing.
2. I've been working more on timeline and appendix material than the fic itself, because:
3. I can't really write in the absence of feedback, not a pro writer who keeps a journal or anything like that, all my ideas come up in conversation with others, and I can't seem to write except in a colloquial setting such as a blog or email or for a small audience.
4. I'm willing to do most of the writing for what promises to be a long fic, because I'm good at emulating other people's writing style. This makes me a good editor of other people's work, however.
5. I'm especially comfortable with Tolkien's writing style. This means I'm good at description and bad at dialogue. ;)

The "rules" of the fic are:

1. It's basically the history of Equestria as Tolkien would have written it, if the Silmarillion was actually a mistranslation. So similar standards apply.
2. Alicorns = High Elves (from Alinor) led by Princess Starfall and her sister, Celestia's mom. Princess Starfall is Fëanor.
3. Silmarils = Elements of Harmony. Unicorns = Grey Elves. Pegasi = Vanyar / Gondolindrim. Earth Ponies = Tolkien's men.
4. No Human in Equestria except as a literary joke (Dwarves = my little humans, presumed to be prehistoric men, but play little role).
5. Some amount of parody and meta allowed, intertextual etc. but need to strike a balance with super-serious prose for what is a pretty dark tragedy (probably by leaning heavily on the over-the-top prose).
6. "Dark" means family-friendly dark, however, Tolkien-style.
7. Tirek = Morgoth, Discord = early Sauron but he's basically playing himself. This was true for long time.
8. Heroic characters are mostly "played by" canon ponies (or their "ancestors") Hearths Warming Eve style.
9. So the "real" FiM characters only into it in flashbacks or if their characters are supposed to have lived back then.

So things I'm looking for are: somepony who's read and loves the book; or willing to read it and into dense, epic historical sounding stuff; somepony who's really into historical / literary / meta stuff including worldbuilding and that sort of thing; somepony who's a Tolkien fan and a good writer, especially if they are good at over-the-shoulder narrative vignettes, since the book provides me with no guide for how to write those. If you're into art, I'm working on sketch art for the fic including potentially heraldic cutie marks, family trees and that sort of thing. Please PM me if you're a Tolkien fan, I could use somepony to talk to about it even if you don't have time to write ;) -- Ponyweed

I'm looking for assistance with my story: Every Colt Has Their Day (If it seems familiar to you, then shh! I transferred it to this account, as I am both accounts, so I'm incognito! :pinkiehappy: I would like to keep it that way, as I acted rather shamefully on my other account. :raritycry:)
Anyhow, My story is an alternate take on the fallout of the episode Boast Busters, and in it there is an original character who has PTSD because his parents died 4 years before the events of Boast Busters, and when he saw Trixie’s stage show, he was happier than he had been in those 4 years, and decided that he wanted to become her apprentice (possibly adopted son? I had that idea first, but I’m not quite sure how to pull that off) and then he saw the events that led to her fleeing the town, and he saw how Twilight Sparkle rewarded the two foals that led the Ursa Minor to Trixie’s wagon by giving them mustaches, and in his state of mind, he immediately latched onto that action as proof of a conspiracy. He waits for weeks for somepony in Ponyville to do something about her, but none of them do anything, and he rationalizes this to himself thinking ‘she’s the princess’s personal pupil, and the defeater of Nightmare Moon. Of course nopony is going to rebuke her for her actions!’ and he decides to take the law into his own hooves. This leads to him using the fact that he is a foal and so no one would expect him to capture anyone, let alone hold onto them for days, to his advantage and captures Twilight Sparkle, and the two foals that led the Ursa Minor to Trixie’s wagon. Princess Luna finds out about what he had done through his captives dreams, and she finds out why he did this through his memories of the event, which he continually has nightmare-recollections of. So, she gets in contact with Trixie, through her dreams, and summons her to Canterlot. If you are interested, P.M. me with how best to give you what I have so far, and I will do so. The reason that I need help is because I realized that I have no idea how Twilight Sparkle will react to the situation, and so I am looking for someone that will help keep Twilight Sparkle in-character.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 86