Comments ( 27 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 27

I heard about this series a lot. But never got around to it, What is the chronological order of the stories?

Also is this also the series where the ponies are all insane / have mental disorders?

Do you mean chronological in the order they were written, or the events in the story? Because there's a lot of flashbacks and origin stories to sift through if you mean the latter.

Also, it's possible that the fic you mention about them having mental disorders might be the
Pony Psychology Series. http://www.fimfiction.net/story/183/pony-psychology-series

I'm not 100% sure of the order that some of the side stories take place in, but as far as the main canon of the Pony POV Series goes, this should be the correct order, if I'm not mistaken:

Season 0 - Discorded Ponies
Season 1 - Reharmonization
Season 2 - Pearls
Season 3 - Butterflies
Season 4 - Generation Transitions and Origins
Season 5 - Mind Games
Season 6 - Dark World/Shining Armor
Season 5.5./6.5 - Side Story: Seven Dreams/Nightmares
Season 7 - Not The Wedding You Remember
Season 8 - FINALE!

As for the second question, I believe you might be thinking of the story Asylum , but I'm really not sure about that since I haven't read that one yet...
Nevermind, I'm positive the previous comment answers that.

Chronicological order.

And yes it was the Pony Psychology Series, that had the mental disorders. Heard a lot about that, and might've switched what I remember hearing about that and this.

I do know that I heard that PoV series was good, and it pops up in comment sections here and there. What's it about [This series]? Sorry for the stupidly newb question btw.

Thank you. And I'll have to give Asylum a read. Thanks for linking it.

No problem.

OK, The Pony POV series starts out as a series of one shots written from the Mane Six's perspective about what they thought and felt when they were Discorded in Return of Harmony. That's what happens in Season 0 - Discorded Ponies.

After that, it goes into showing the deep psychological scars left behind by Discord playing with everyone's minds and torturing them. We get some serious character growth and development as ponies learn to deal with these issues. And along the way, we get a AU version of season 2, along with some returning characters like the Great and Powerful Trixie, character depth for established characters like Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, and some brand new friends and villains.

One new character that will be prominant is Fluttercruel, a new personality in Fluttershy's head who was created when Discord forcibly made her cruel. She's that cruel side as a seperate mind, but she's most harmless. Mostly. She and Fluttershy basically develop a parent/child relationship that develops and changes as the story progresses as well.

Also, the POV Verse has a vast mythos. It not only includes Friendship is Magic, but also includes all the previous incarnations of the show, and puts them together into one big history. We see how it went from Generation 1, where they lived in the castle in Dream Valley with Megan, to Generation 2 with ponies living in a human-like society, to the utopian cuteness of Generation 3 to the current Generation 4. Hell, this series redeemed the widely disliked G3 for more than a few people, which is saying something.

The whole series basically examines everything that is My Little Pony, plays it straight, deconstructs it, and then reconstructs it, and along the way gives plenty of moments that tug at the heartstrings, give you nightmares for years, and make you shout "FUCK YEAH!"

If you got the time to archive binge, I'd definitely recommend checking it out. In my opinion, it's the best fanfic series in the fandom.

You're welcome. :twilightsmile:

What's it about [This series]? Sorry for the stupidly newb question btw.

That's not really a stupidly newb question at all, since there is a lot to this series. It's been a while since I first read it, but I think the initial premise of it was more or less focusing on the mental scars that Discord's chaos left behind.

Looked at the story folders, and what I wouldn't give for a L!Verse like episode list. Although I did get a look at the POV Sesaon X: title, ones. But the rest in the Main / POV central Canon don't know where to start. Has anyone gone through the effort of listing them in order?

Once I get a good footing on where to start past the Sesaon fics. I definitely am going to give this series a go. It really does look like it has a lot to offer.

Well, going by the Central Canon folder, I think it goes in this order. Most of them are supposed to be between the Season 7 and Season 8 fics.

Season 7 - Not The Wedding You Remember
Pony POV Nightmare World: Spike The Dragon
Pony POV Series: Sunset Shimmer's Cutie Mark
Pony POV Series Triple Treat's Three Way Story
Pony POV Series: Setting The Record Straight
PonyPOV Series: Mixing of Trixie
Pony Pov Series: The Last Temptation Of Silver Spoon
Pony POV Gaiden: History of Tirek
Pony POV Series: Button Mash
Pony POV Series Origins: Dazzlings
Pony POV Possible Futures: In Sunset We Trust
Season 8 - FINALE!

Well, I'm fairly certain 3972055's list is accurate, but here's another option on the off chance it works better for you: Start reading it over on DeviantArt. Every chapter has a link to the next one in the description. Here's a link to the first chapter. (Also, you may like to know that new chapters appear over on DA before they pop up over here.)

Well the chronological Order of the Main Arcs would be:

Season 0 DISCORDED PONIES
Season 6 Dark World
Season 1 Reharmonized Ponies
Season 2 Pearls
Season 3 Butterflies
Season 4 Generation Transitions and Origins (mostly Flashback told by Celestia)
Season 5 Mind Games
Season 5.5/6.5 Seven Dreams/Nightmares (another Bunch of Flashbacks "told" by a Diary)
Season 7 Wedding Arc
Season 8 Finale

Season 6 Dark World is an alternate Future where Discord won and Shining Armor Shows the Adventures of Twilight's Brother starting at the same Day where Twilight left for Ponyville

3971474 The Chronological order? Well....there's a difference between published and actual series timeline for which is which. Though for a bit more ease of understanding the framework of the series's chronology, I'd go...

season 0, season .5 (dark world), season 1, season 2, season 3, season 4, season 5, season 6.75 (G2 ponies), season 6 (shining armor), season 7, season 8.

In terms of some of the "side" stories, they mostly take place over the course of seasons 1-3, though the princess and lore side stories are all post season 4. The tricky part is that season 4 is entirely a flashback story that mostly takes place before season 0, but the reason why it's told as a flashback is only known by following seasons 1-3. The POV series is complicated in that sense.

As for the mental disorders, I admit that no pony is perfect, but they feel more like character flaws than mental disorders.

Can't find the link, and my tablet is horrible with sites like DA.

Thank you for the list :twilightsmile:.

Sweet!, Now I got the proper reading list for main and side stories. Thank you :pinkiehappy:.

Sweet!, Now I got the proper reading list for main and side stories. Thank you :pinkiehappy:.

Well there a couple of Chapters in the Dark World/Shining Armor Arc that take place after Dark World and I would still recomend reading the Story in the Order Alex uploaded it

Awesome. And the Main Folder looks like it takes place after the Discord Event (so ReHamonization), am I right? And thanks for letting me know.

Well I would read the Chapters starting with Season 0, then 1, then 2 then...

I wonder why your tablet gives you trouble with DA... It seems to work on my phone just fine. :applejackunsure:

As far as the chronicle order of events go, the Shining Armor Arc should actually be placed a little earlier than the others are saying since it is more or less Shining Armor's backstory intended to occur simultaneously with Dark World (as you can probably see by just looking at the chapter titles), but I would still recommend reading it in the numerical order of the seasons.

As for the 7 Dreams/Nightmares side story, I would definitely recommend reading that one before starting Season 7.

It's recommended that you read Season 5.5 BEFORE Season 6.

Do you really recommend splitting the Dark World chapters out from Season Six and reading them before Season One? I would have assumed that the interleaved way they're presented was the way they should be read; as 3972686 says. Why aren't they posted as separate stories?

Recommended by who, and why? Why is it called "5.5/6.5" in that case?

5460225 I suppose it depends on how you approach the "narnia" syndrome. Namely, that the story of the dark world leads to the reharmonized world in the author's interpretation, but that by reading it where it is, you understand parts of Shining Armor and the things before it differently. It all depends on how you want to approach it.

5460225 Recommended by me. While you CAN read Season Six first, there are several moments in Dark World that become a thousand times more rewarding (ESPECIALLY a certain climactic moment (You'll know it when you see it, trust me) if you read Season 5.5 first. Trust me on this.

I guess. Still suspicious about the lack of any indication to that effect in the story descriptions, though.

Taking your word for it, I guess the complete extended-series order to date is something like this?

(Updated in response to subsequent releases and feedback, though still not complete or fully accurate yet.)

Before Season Zero
Origins: Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara

Season Zero
Season Zero: Discorded Ponies
Discorded Ponies Side Story ("STAMP OF APPROVAL")
Prince Blueblood: Reach For the Stars (Warlorn Approved Canon)
Discorded Celestia: Not Loved (Warlorn Approved Canon)
Fancy and Fleur-Dreams and Duty: Chapters 1-2 (Schrodinger's Canon)

Season One
Episodes 1-10: Season One: Reharmonization
Reharmonized Celestia: Feared AND Loved (Warlorn Approved Canon)
Tales of Derpy and Family (Warlorn Approved Canon)
Fancy and Fleur-Dreams and Duty: Chapters 3-4 (Schrodinger's Canon)

Season Two
Episodes 11-23: Season Two: Pearls

Season Three
Episodes 24-45: Season Three: Butterflies

Season Four
Episodes 46-55: Season Four: Generation Transitions & Origins

Season Five
Episodes 56-66: Season Five: Mind Games
Seven Dreams/Nightmares
Gusty (Warlorn Approved Canon)

Season Six
Episodes 67-94: Season Six: Dark World/Shining Armor: Chapters 1-29
A Day At the Circus (Warlorn Approved Canon)
Episodes 95-98: Season Six: Chapters 30-33
Civic Duty (Warlorn Approved Canon) (placed according to publication date)
Episodes 99-120: Season Six: Chapters 34-61
Dark World Drabbles (incomplete) (Warlorn Approved Canon)
Episodes 121-148: Season Six: Chapters 62-90
Fading Futures Final Cut (Warlorn Approved Canon)

Season Seven
Episodes 149-208: Season Seven: Not the Wedding You Remember
Episode 209: Nightmare World: Spike the Dragon
Episode 210: Sunset Shimmer's Cutie Mark
Origins: Dazzlings
An Adagio Melody
Origins: The Smooze 'Mount Gloom's Last Blitz'
Episode 211: Triple Treat's Three Way Story
Episode 212: Setting the Record Straight
Episodes 213-214: Mixing of Trixie
Episode 215: The Last Temptation Of Silver Spoon: Chapter 1 (contains entire story) (last numbered "episode" to date)
History of Tirek (incomplete)
Cadence's Letters To the Changelings
Button Mash (this and subsequent stories placed in publication order, apart from Season Eight: Finale)

Season Eight
The Day Love Cried
Pony POV Princess Twilight's Lightly Visits to Grim Worlds
Sewing Buttons
Origins: Starlight Glimmer
Tree Hugger 'Past lives'
Origins: Queen Majesty ("legacies...that still exist today...") (incomplete)
Season Eight: Finale (incomplete)

5466304 Close, but the Ancient History stuff includes references to stuff in Seasons four to six. So I'd read them after episode 210

Do you mean after episode 120?

5467421 No, 210. That's what you had listed as Sunset Shimmer's Cutie Mark.

That's well after Seasons four to six. But I'll take your word on that too. (You'll note that I've updated the post.)

Also, the numbering isn't mine; it's (mostly) in the title of each chapter.

Updated with Tales of Derpy and Family.

(Also, asked AW here for help in ordering the unnumbered stories.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 27