• Published 17th Apr 2013
  • 966 Views, 9 Comments

Comic Relief - ThatGirlOnFire



Comic relief. That's all she was.

  • ...
2
 9
 966

three

"RAINBOW DASH!..." Rarity screamed indignantly. Twilight was giggling with Fluttershy while Applejack tried to hide a snicker as Rainbow Dash pranced around the room and Rarity's white, excessively frilled nightgown. "I am Raaaaaariteeee!" she proclaimed as she twirled. The real Rarity put her nose in the air, unable to hide the smirk on her face. Pinkie watched, a huge smile lighting up her whole face as she laughed so hard it was painful. She wasn't sure if she would be able to last the night here, surrounded by all the mares she loved so deeply. She forced a grin as she kept cackling about Dash's exaggerated Rarity impression. ---

Late in the night they had all put their sleeping bags in a circle on the library floor as they played one of their super-competitive games of Truth or Dare. Twilight was hovering a marker beside the large classroom whiteboard, waiting to make a mark in one of the point tallies.

"So what'll it be, Dash?" Applejack asked mischievously. "Truth?..or Dare?"
Dash wrinkled her nose as she thought carefully about her move.
"....dare!"
Applejack smirked. "Alrighty then... YOU have to eat one of Spike's GEMSTONE CRUNCHIES!"
Dash protested. "That'll KILL me! Ponies can't eat gems!"
Twilight grinned. "It's fine. They're imitation. You can eat one."

Dash was never one to turn down a dare. She bounded into the kitchen and took out the box of Gemstone Crunchies, holding it in the air over her head for everyone to see. She stuck her hoof in and yanked out one crusty Crunchie, trotting back to her place in the semicircle.
Everyone leaned in intently as she took a deep breath and bit in. She winced. "Eeuuuuggghh. Applejack, this is DISGUSTING!"
"You have to eat it all! Part of the dare!" Applejack said smugly. Dash made a face as she finished the dragon treat.
"My turn now!" she said as she wiped the crumbs off her face. "Umm..."

She glanced around the circle at all her friends. "...Pinkie! Truth or dare?"
Pinkie froze. She had been distracted by the thought of the laughter again and wished more than anything she would sink into the floor as to not have to take a turn. "...Truth!" she said in a falsely happy tone. Dash's face lit up.
"Okay then..if you had to kiss somepony here, who would it be?"
Pinkie's eyes went huge as she tried to think of somepony, anypony she could lie about. Her mind finally settled on a solution.
"Spike!" she said cheerfully, making everypony burst into laughter as they thought of the grumpy little dragon who had taken his pillow and stomped down to the basement "so he could finally get some sleep around here!"
Dash looked annoyed. "That's not a real answer!" she began. Twilight interrupted.
"How about we just keep going? Pinkie, your turn next!"

Pinkie named some mindless dare for Rarity next without really thinking about it. They continued with Pinkie managing to not be chosen again, ignoring it for the most part until Dash looked at Twilight with that devious smile. "Truth, huh?.."
she mused. "..I know! If you could go out with one of us would you and who would it be?"
Pinkie tried to look away but her gaze was firmly fastened on Twilight. Twilight shrugged. "I don't have time for dating, Dash, are you crazy? I have a paper due, and then I have to do a weekly study on.."
Rarity interrupted. "I know what you mean, darling."
Applejack nodded too. "I've got so much work on the farm lately now that Big Mac's fancying a mare..." Her gaze flicked to Fluttershy, who blushed deeply.
Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes. "Sucks to be you guys. I'VE got a date with SOARIN! The WONDERBOLT! It's going to be SO COOL!" she squealed.

She rambled, Pinkie not focusing. She felt like her head was underwater. It was one thing to tell yourself you would be rejected. It was another to really be rejected. Her head was buzzing. "Don't have time for dating..." Rarity and Applejack agreeing...Fluttershy blushing about Big Mac...Dash's date with Soarin..
She abruptly stood up and ran for the door, not really listening to their cries of "Pinkie! Where are you going?! Come back!" She ran through the shadowy night, tears flying out behind her as she ran and sobbed. She didn't know where she was or where she was going, and she didn't particularly care at the moment. Or EVER AGAIN! she thought bitterly. This dream, with her and her friends being together in that way, was exactly that. A dream.

Comments ( 5 )

Ohmigosh, someone wrote a story about me!:pinkiegasp:

This is so sad... Too bad it doesn't seem like it is going to be continued

MORE!!!!!! I WILL GO CRAZY WITHOUT MORE!!!!!!!!!! :pinkiecrazy:

Login or register to comment