• Published 18th Sep 2013
  • 1,012 Views, 19 Comments

Collateral History - Genesis Swift



"We can discover life through means of history; not just ours but the beings before us, and maybe the beings before them..."

  • ...
4
 19
 1,012

Chapter 5: Answers to the End...

Prepare Blink for Equestria itself is in grave danger. The elements I don't know if they will work; or if the elements can even be used against it in time. I just don't know what we are truly up against now. What I saw may have not been the worst of it, but it was for them...

Elevator on the move, and a human to confront with, of all things. Why do I have to do this, well I bloody know why; for the sake of research, for the sake of discovery, and maybe for the sake of my very own life! Mostly my own curiosity but, I bet anypony would be curious. Static sound came in and than the man was back for his final one way talk.

"I had to I'm sorry, I just had to try and stop anyone from entering this compound. If you got this far I failed. I can only wish whatever happens, it isn't a repeat of what happened already. But the world may be changed now far more than mankind could of comprehended. Or this could just be all for nothing. Adjatent disable security systems."

"Containment bunker security offline."

"Good luck."

I was completely confused by this whole message. What did he mean may be changed? What was this event that happened once already? All for nothing? What does it all mean?

The elevator had stopped. I grabbed my journal and a writing utensil to take notes on everything I wanted to know. I had so many questions to ask and I knew I was gonna have answers. The door opened wide and a whole room filled with screen projections was revealed. One major thing that caught my eye was the seat over watching it all. I entered.

"Greetings, uhh human I am Genesis, anthropologist researcher, and explorer for the land of Equestria."

"..."

"Uh, hello?"

I got no response. Maybe I was a little unexpectedly kind to him; he may of thought I disliked him for his attempt at my execution? I approached the seat and it started turning towards me.


Moment of truth. Reward of answers. The biggest find yet. All so much what I had fought for. The Tragic Reward...


Nothing but bones which crumbled to dust in front of me. The elevator draft didn't even let me see my dreams intact just destroyed.

"W...Why? Did I do all this for nothing? How did he even speak," The man returned to tell me my answers.

"Now you know. After a while I left these prerecorded messages as a way to maybe be saved one day," he said very weakly.

"But now I know I won't make it through. I survived four months of life with nothing and no one."

That was the end of the man's last message. I sat there with tears building up in my eyes. I didn't want to be here anymore all this place had for me were whispers of the past, whispers of sadness. This place only reminded me that there were people who had family's that died off with the world, somehow; and it sounds like their end wasn't a pleasant one.

I searched the command room and looked up at the main projected screen thing. It was waiting for some code or something to be typed in. If this is the command room it may hold a lot of information on what had happened. I didn't know how to put the words on the screen. I looked down and the main seat had the same panel as all the other screens had under them. Maybe just maybe that journal I had could help.

I took out the journal I had found on floor five. All it kept repeating was the word "Able" but it was capitalized that's not how it works. I don't know but this could be the screens lost code. I went ahead to put the same letters in; but hooves don't allow for easy typing. I took out a pen and well, jabbed at the keys. The screen went on and brought up a film of a sort. I saw a panicking intact city of human civilization. Than destruction washed through by some other man causing it all; but he wasn't like the others he had a strange magical essence. The man was pouring energy from his body into the ground below making it crack, the screen than showed an image of the planet itself and you could see the arcane magic being imbued around the world. Than it cut back to the city below and people were being slaughtered, I couldn't hold my stomach now. This being continued a rampage of destruction and the video ended with that. Another message came in from I believe the man called her Adjatent, the very robotic female voice voice.

"Subject Able eliminated all life on the planet on the year 2096 along with changing the planets logic and laws of science."

I attempted asking this Adjatent a question," Um Adjatent whats the current status and whereabouts now of Able?"

"Subject class keter, end scenario, Able is active, and escaped containment approximately forty five minutes ago."

I immediately froze in place. Escaped forty five minutes ago but that's around the time I was knocked out. I knew what it was, the coffin the chains they held this "Able" and he was contained until I hit it. I couldn't spend any more time here no matter what the research. Equestria was on the precipice of the same fate humanity had undergone.

At the time I felt weak, my vision was blurred and my stomach cringed. I couldn't help but wish I never entered this building or that it was even discovered in the first place. I needed to escape I needed to get the word out to Blink. He was the closest pony I knew to Princess Celestia and my best friend I can always count on him. We need to prepare to defend Equestria from Able.

I flew back to the elevator but it had completely stopped working from going up. I looked up and took flight through the whole in its roof Headed as far as I could. When I reached the entrance where I had first been observed by a laser grid; Adjatent offered me advice I needed to take.

"Would you like a copy of all information on Subject Able?"

And of course this answer was,"Yes."

I grabbed a few papers that slid out of a machine behind me. It had all I needed to know. Five keys had also come to me via delivery system of technology I did not understand. I exited the compound, took out a pen, and began my letter to Blink.


All I know is that if we don't stop this Able all of Equestria is doomed. I will do anything to assist; for I have caused this problem and, I take full responsibility. I ask for your help along with Celestia and her loyal subjects. We all must do what we are able to do; and now more than ever.

Signed Genesis.

Author's Note:

I know its called a monitor.
But ponies don't.

Comments ( 12 )

Good story. But if I were to make a list of errors, my head would explode. You should get Blink on that one, because I don't have the editing skills to fix it. All in all, it is a great prelude to the zany adventure that will likely decide the fate of the world... And my OC is sooo fucked.

3220961
That's great to know Blue Lightning and yes after many error fixes it will be a lot better but I just needed it to be there first if anything. I loved writing this story because I got to express something I feel is deep true understanding. Oh and yes.

3221231
Oh yea haha funny story that's originally what it was back when I had it in a composition book 2 years ago. Nice to meet you by the way.

I will always be improving I'm only human after all haha. I think everyone has a shot at doing whatever they want, as long as its legal lol.

3221254 ha i don't get that often on the internet, it's nice to meet you. probably

3221737 god damn that was amazing...are we getting anymore? and also


Without nothing

without nothing the out should not be their...it should be i lived with nothing and no one..not without nothing...thats redundant :facehoof:


~Nightmare

3223571 Yes I am creating a story to continue this along with some other writers that I know that are aiding me on my need to ever improve my grammar. Thank you though I plan to write a lot more. Oh and I made the correction thank you it does sound a lot better.

Comment posted by Genesis Swift deleted Sep 25th, 2013

Good news the working of the sequel has begun so now all that enjoyed this story will get an amazing conclusion. I don't have a release date set because the outline has it so its going to take awhile but I guarantee it to arrive.

Reminds me of Dead Space 3

5409475
Hey I got a little bit of ideas from that game hehe.

Well damn, this was pretty good

Login or register to comment