• Published 27th Mar 2013
  • 413 Views, 2 Comments

Knew (Canoe) Jubilee - Uncle Knot

  • ...
 2
 413

4th & 5th Chapters

We arrived in the ‘best’ neighborhood, at the best of houses. The crusaders pointed out the house and gave me room for my embarrassing errand. Most of the windows were open to let the cool air flow in and out of the house. The initials ‘F.R.’ were upon the mailbox. Around the house were flowers growing in abundance and their fragrance enhanced the breeze. My paltry bouquet appeared even more dismal. Two ornamental apple trees adorn the front yard, with more along the sides of the yard. They had a special brass knocker upon the large double door.

I used it, and waited. The door slowly opened partway. Silver Spoon stood in the opening blocking any attempt at entrance.

“What do you want?” she asked.

“Good day Miss Spoon, I am so sorry to burden you with my bad impression. I have come to apologize to Miss Tiara.”

“She doesn’t want to see you” she said and closed the door.

Knowing that my voice would carry through the open windows I raised it and said “how terrible, I had hoped that she who is dear would entreat with me and accept my supplication in private. Oh that I had not pledge myself this course to follow for I must accept the embarrassment of proclaiming my apology in public. Woe is me to suggest that she is beautiful, nay she is not, rather she is radiant, luminous as the moon, dazzling as the stars, brilliant as the sun, resplendent as …”

The door opened.

“Enough” Tiara hissed. “Why are you here?”

“I beg thee to accept my apology.”

“If I accept it, will you go away?” she demanded.

“Banish me to the moon if thy will, only forgive me the sorrow I have caused thee.”

“You’re forgiven, now go. Go to the moon” she said, turned and walked away.

“Why do you talk like that?” asked Silver Spoon still standing in the doorway.

Presenting my flowers to her I said “It works.”

I spent the rest of the day enjoying the tour of Pony Ville, the crusaders provided. We traveled to Fluttershy’s to meet her critters. Then we went to Rarity’s Boutique, but she was not there. At Sugarcube Corner, Pinky Pie introduced me to Mr & Mrs Cake. From there we went to the clubhouse and I was made an official member following a very, very long drum roll by Scootaloo. Applejack called us down from the clubhouse for dinner. She led us to the barn? She opened the door to this dark cavern. I entered timidly.

“SURPRIZE” echoed the hall. Balloons rose, streamers flew across the hall, confetti dropped from the rafters. My classmates were there, all of them. Miss Cherrilee was there, standing next to a big red stallion. Aunt Caroline was there. Derpy was there, standing next to a brown stallion. Aunt Julienne was there. Miss Fluttershy and Spike were there. Miss Twilight and Silver Spoon were there. Snips and some white unicorn were there. Every pony was smiling. Featherweight was taking pictures with his flash camera. My eyes were watering. No, I was crying. I was so happy, I was unhappy. I wanted mom to be here. I didn’t want to be this happy and not be home. I wanted to be miserable. I wanted to be home with my brothers and sisters. I started sobbing out loud. Applejack hugged me and asked “What’s wrong partner?” I couldn’t stop crying. Aunt Julienne was hugging me now. I was hugging her back tightly. Everyone was getting quiet. Except me, I was bawling.

Pinky Pie said “Silly pony, I promised you a silly party, but I didn’t think it would be this silly.”

I started to giggle. I choked out “thanks Pinky.” I loosened my grip on my aunt. I was still crying, but I wasn’t sobbing anymore. Some pony got me a glass of cider to drink. Ponies were talking again. Some were talking about leaving early. I choke out to Applejack “please partner, don’t let them leave yet.”

“Sure thing, sugarcube” she said.

The tears refused to stop. I think Applejack must have closed the barn door to keep every pony inside. I let go of my aunt. Most of the smiles were gone, some ponies were glum or embarrassed. The tears were still flowing. I climbed up on a hay bale and tried to speak. My audience was attentive, but I had no words. The ponies shuffled nervously. The silence seemed eternal. I tried again “I’m such a silly pony… thanks”. The tears started pouring again. “Bravo” shouted Miss Cherrilee. “Bravo” echoed Apple Bloom and Diamond Tiara. Forelegs were clopping on the earth floor. More cries of “Bravo” sounded, more hooves clopped. I stepped down from the hay bale and was immediately hugged by Aunt Julienne, followed by others. Even Rainbow Dash gave me a quick hug. Applejack opened the doors and let some fresh air into the barn. No pony left, yet. I moved around thanking every pony.

Diamond Tiara asked me “how was the moon?”

“Wretched, cheerless, and depressing, Princess Luna has forbidden me to return” I said.

“Glad to have you back” said Silver Spoon.

Spike said “that was the best speech ever, short and sweet.”

Rarity introduced herself saying “darling, I must teach you how to be more dramatic, how to let the words flow from your heart, how to elucidate your deepest feelings…”

Comments ( 1 )

While this story was published in March 2013, an update has been added, that would include part of a missing chapter.

Login or register to comment