• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 717 Views, 4 Comments

Code: Lyoko: The War For Cazareth - DanBoeing



the whole of creation is threatened by war, a war that revolves around a small group of people

  • ...
2
 4
 717

Chapter 4: The Day That Was, and The Days That Never Were

Chapter 4

The barracks were empty when Starfall awoke. Not only were they empty, but covered in dust, as if nothing had been there for ages.

"Where the hell is everyone?" he asked himself.

"I think the proper question would be: 'What happened to everyone?' To which, my answer is this, I have not the slightest idea." said a voice from behind Starfall.

Dan was standing next to Starfall's bunk, apparently he had been there a while now.

"I told you once before, Reality is falling apart, and it gets worse and worse as we near the day it all happens, but for now, the mystery of the missing recruits needs to be solved." said Dan.

"Ok, but why is everything covered in dust? I haven't slept that long, plus, I would have starved, or some other thing, I would have been woken up!" said Starfall, frantically trying to make sense of what is happening to him.

"You are falling through time, every now and then you will jump either forwards or backwards in time. Each displacement become farther apart the more it happens, and the jumps occur more often as we near that day, soon others will jump, but you are the only one who is jumping, for some odd reason, just you..."

"So, how long has it been since, well, they were here?"

"5 years."

"What?! 5 years?! I have jumped 5 years into the future?!"

"Oh no, you jumped farther, you wen't M.I.A 3 years before that."

"WHAT?!?! 8 YEARS?!"

"Yes, 8 years."

"So, what happened to everyone?"

"What the hell are you talking about? Were fine, I should be asking you what happened." said one recruit.

Starfall was back in the Mess-hall again, but everyone seemed different.

"You have been gone for 3 MONTHS!" shouted the recruit.

"I-I'm sorry, I have to go!" Starfall said as he ran out of the Mess-Hall and to Dan's office.

"Y-you said I was gone for 8 years! But it was only 3 months!" shouted Starfall in anger.

"Oh, you have been gone for 8 years, but now you have been gone for 3 months, history changed." said Dan.

"What? How? That doesn't make any sense?!"

"I'd give you an explanation, but you wouldn't understand, so I'll simplify it, Reality is like concrete, well, it was, now, it's concrete that has yet to harden, anything could happen to it, say, it was supposed to come out flawless, but instead, someone steps on the mush, and their print hardens and becomes the concrete... You see?"

"I guess, but, if history can change so easily, why is that bad?"

"It's bad because the universe can now be changed without the risk of a paradox, meaning, time is being re-written, the universe will slowly become more and more controllable the closer we get to the day that this all surrounds."

"So what do I have to do with it?"

"I honestly don't know, you're just the one person to fall through the cracks first."

"We aren't in your room anymore, are we?"

"We haven't been in it for about 5 minutes. Now I'm falling with you. As the cracks grow larger, more people fall in, but at the same relative time, meaning, if someone else were here that was falling through the cracks, he would follow us exactly."

"So, I could jump, and no one would notice it?"

"Well, for them, you would simply just disappear, then you would just reappear, out of nowhere, no flashy lights or anything. I'm sorry, but this meeting is done, I have work to do."

With that, Starfall walked out of the room and shut the door. Dan sat down at his desk.

"What the hell are you planning Datherik..."

Comments ( 2 )

sorry I haven't been updating, I haven't been free up to today.

2831556
Are you still continuing the story

Login or register to comment