• Published 24th Mar 2013
  • 7,687 Views, 473 Comments

An Eque$trian Payday - The card holder



A group of robbers end up at ground zero of Earth and Equestria having portals opening between them. The robbers blend in with the crowd and bide their time; at least, until they decide that Equestria has some nifty things to steal...

  • ...
26
 473
 7,687

The Harmony Hei$t (Day 2) - Prepping

"Alright, let's run through the plan one more time."

"Sounds good to me," Chains said. "Shoot."

"I arranged for some 'accidental' damage to be done to the roof of the ballroom. You two will go in and fix it, while also planting some of those magical jammers in key positions. That way, we'll be ready for the big night."

"Look alive, my friend," Dallas said as the van pulled up to the castle. Both him and Chains exited the vehicle, carrying various tools with them. If one were to take a glance at them at the moment, they would probably guess that they were construction workers, rather than master criminals.

The guards at the gate thought this exact same thing, and led them into the ballroom, where there was quite a bit of visible damage to the ceiling, just as Bain said. The guards then showed them outside to the gardens, where a ladder was already erected to allow access to the roof.

After the guards left them to do their work, the pair ascended the ladder and walked over to a damaged portion of the roof. Once there, they began to work.

Occasionally, while repairing the damage, Dallas would slip one of the jammers into the space between the roof and the ceiling of the ballroom, making sure to cover it immediately after. Chains did the same thing, on the other side of the roof.

Eventually, the roof was suitably repaired. It wasn't pretty at all, but it looked good enough from inside, which was good enough. The guards gave them a decently sized bag of bits for payment, and the pair left in the van.

"Okay, we got a good map of the inside, and jammers are in place," Bain said. "It's nearly time for us to make history."


"Please stand still, Kevin!"

"You know, didn't you say that most guys had about the same dimensions, or something?"

The unicorn ignored the human's question and kept measuring him for his suit. "So, this will be your first Gala, correct?"

"Yeah." Kevin let out a small chuckle. "Twilight wouldn't let me not go, anyway."

Rarity also gave out a small laugh at this. "Yes, that certainly sounds like the Twilight I know..."

The pair fell into silence for a bit, before Kevin noticed a slight spring in her step. "You seem happy."

"Why wouldn't I be, darling? The Gala is coming up, Blueblood has completely vanished, and I'm helping one of my best friends' coltfriend get ready for the Gala!"

"The technical term would be 'boyfriend'."

Rarity rolled her eyes. "You know what I mean."

Again, the two drifted into silence, before Rarity spoke again. "How is Twilight doing, anyway?"

Kevin shrugged, ignoring the unicorn's ensuing glare. "She's been fine. Not much has changed with her, so that's good. I'm just glad she got over trying to stop that one gang."

Rarity paused in her measuring. "Yes... them..."

"I mean, I don't doubt that she could help put them behind bars, it's just that... They're dangerous, you know? I wouldn't want her to get hurt because she decided to play detective."

Rarity hummed in response. "Well, at least they aren't a problem, anymore."

"Yeah... I guess not."

Kevin shook his head, ending that line of thought. Why was he worrying about things like that, when one of the biggest pony events was just a few short weeks away?

After all, what could go wrong?

Author's Note:

Good god Deathwish is kicking my ass left right and center
So why do I love it so much