• Published 24th Mar 2013
  • 7,681 Views, 473 Comments

An Eque$trian Payday - The card holder



A group of robbers end up at ground zero of Earth and Equestria having portals opening between them. The robbers blend in with the crowd and bide their time; at least, until they decide that Equestria has some nifty things to steal...

  • ...
26
 473
 7,681

A Lucrative Business Opportunity

"How much longer do we have on that drill?" Wolf asked.

Bain looked over to the detached room, a drill mounted on the front with a display showing how much longer it would take to get through the lock. "About two minutes."

"So, how are the reactions?" Dallas asked.

"Not good." Bain brought up a story on their heist on his computer. "Apparently, we've gotten a bit of national attention now. Not enough that the government is gonna come looking for us, but enough that we're gonna have to keep an eye out."

"You saw how that one pony was reading up on our past heists," Hoxton said. "I'm pretty sure she might be the reason for this."

"Kinda." Bain pulled up more news stories. "Turns out that our last heist was at the residence of one of the so-called 'Elements of Harmony'. Basically, a national hero."

"Well, shit," Chains commented. "Think we're gonna have to move?"

"Not yet," Bain reassured them. "They still seem to have no clue as to where we are, but they are being more wary. We'll have to be more careful in the future."

"I still say we should've shot that unicorn," Hoxton said.

"That would get us even more heat. That unicorn is supposedly the princess's personal student, so it'd be like killing the president's family."

Before the conversation could continue any further, a pop-up appeared on Bain's computer. He clicked on it and looked over it, while the others wondered what happened. "What you got there, Bain?" Dallas asked.

"We got someone asking for a job from us," he said. "They say that they want to rob the bank in Ponyville, but they need some 'muscle', as it were. All you'd have to do is keep the civilians down and the cops at bay while they get the vault opened and empty."

The four looked at each other, before shrugging. "Why not, some more cash is always good," Wolf said.

"Alright," Bain said. "We'll hit the bank in a week. In the meantime, I'll keep an eye on the news, and we'll load up some more." He looked over to the now-finished drill. "We got some gold to spend, after all."