• Published 24th Mar 2013
  • 7,678 Views, 473 Comments

An Eque$trian Payday - The card holder



A group of robbers end up at ground zero of Earth and Equestria having portals opening between them. The robbers blend in with the crowd and bide their time; at least, until they decide that Equestria has some nifty things to steal...

  • ...
26
 473
 7,678

A Vengeful Death Wi$h (Part 2) - Bringing the Violence

While the crew moved quickly inside the warehouse, across the street, Houston began unpacking his 'insurance'. After making sure the scope was attached and zeroed, and that a full mag of five .50 caliber rounds was loaded, he looked back to the roof, where it appeared the deal was happening right now.

"You guys better hurry," he said. "I can make sure the choppers don't leave, but the rest is up to you."

"Don't worry, we got it under control," Dallas said.

Back inside, Wolf just finished applying the last brick of C4 to the ceiling. Thankfully, nearly all of the guards and mercs were topside, so they met no resistance getting into position.

"We ready?" Wolf asked, thumb hovering over the detonator.

The others nodded. "Let's blow this party sky high," Hoxton said, the grin on his face matching the one on his mask.

Wolf slammed down on the detonator, and a whole section of the roof was blown out, then caved in. Numerous bodies were in the wreckage, mostly Murkywater mercs, but in the chaos, they spotted the case containing the Elements.

Shooting the few survivors of the blast, Chains grabbed it. "Got it!"

"You got red lights all across the board, crew!" Bain said. "You already got SWAT teams dispatched to your location. Keep those guns up!"

Shortly after the explosion, several deafening gunshots rang out from across the street, disabling both choppers.

"Alright, birds are grounded," Houston reported. "I'll keep a lookout for anything nasty."

Outside, a number of police cars and SWAT vans pulled up, blocking off all roads away from the warehouse.

This didn't go unnoticed by Bain. "Shit, all roads are blocked, we're gonna need an alternate escape. Let me see what I can find..."

Back inside the warehouse, the first wave of SWAT units entered, only to be gunned down by the crew. Notably, while every other SWAT unit they had fought had a SWAT patch on them, these guys had GenSec patches, instead. They also seemed to have better armor and were much better shots.

Still, it wasn't anything the gang couldn't handle.

Behind them, the same manhole they originally entered through opened up as a Cloaker emerged. Wolf spun around and spotted him just as he barreled forward and kicked the Swede right in the jaw. Not even a second before he hit the ground, Dallas unleashed a torrent of gunfire at the Cloaker, killing him.

Seeing Wolf on the ground, Dallas shouted a few words of encouragement. "Pain is just mental! Get off your ass!"

Sufficiently inspired, Wolf shook off the pain enough to get back to his feet and keep shooting, though a killer headache was still making itself known.

Suddenly, the cops threw down some smoke at the door, which a unique Bulldozer walked out of. This 'Dozer had much thicker armor, a skull painted on his faceplate, and an LMG instead of their usual shotgun.

"BULLDOZER! MAKE WAY!" he shouted, beginning to open fire. The crew immediately ducked down as the hail of bullets flew overhead, and Hoxton threw out a grenade to try and disorient him.

The plan worked, and after the ensuing explosion, the crew hightailed it up the stairs, though not before taking a few potshots at the Dozer.

Back upstairs, the four reloaded their weapons as they listened to the Dozer's heavy footsteps following them up the stairs.

"Stay alive... A little longer... So I can kill you myself!" he taunted as he exited the stairwell. However, the four of them were seemingly gone.

"What the hell- The Bulldozer was cut off as a fifty cal round was shot through a nearby window, penetrating straight through his faceplate, killing him.

"Dozer's gone!" Houston said.

As the crew emerged from cover, they began shooting at the cops who were right behind the slain Dozer. Shields led the way, though they were easily flanked and dealt with.

"What's the plan, Bain?!" Wolf shouted as he gunned down a Tazer. "We're waiting!"

"Alright, this is tricky, but I think I can get you guys out of there. First, regroup with Houston at the south end of the warehouse yard. There should be plenty of shipping crates to provide cover."

"Alright, moving out. Stay alive, guys, you'll be without sniper support for a while."

Back across the street, Houston began packing his .50 cal rifle back up, and began heading to the roof of the building. There, an innocent-looking cable led all the way from there to the roof of the warehouse. To the average observer, it looked pointless. To the eye of a trained criminal, however, it was seen as a shortcut.

Making sure he had a good grip, Houston took a running leap and began ziplining to the warehouse roof. A few cops noticed him and took potshots, but none of them hit.

Once he landed, he quickly sprinted to the south end of the building, where the other four were already fighting for their lives in the yard, hiding in a small grouping of shipping containers.

Using another container to break his fall, Houston ran through gunfire to the others, where he immediately hunkered down and began to return fire at the cops. "Alright, what's the plan?"

"Just, just give me two minutes. You'll thank me later, just don't die!"

"Oh, that's pretty encouraging!" Hoxton said, popping helmets into the air one at a time with his rifle.

"Just keep the pressure up!" Chains said back, narrowly avoiding a Tazer's namesake."We'll keep the sons of bitches back!"

"They just won't let up!" Houston yelled, grabbing more ammo from a nearby dead officer. "Jesus, this is a normal day for you guys?!"

"You'll learn to love it, trust me!" Dallas shouted back, applying the final few shots to another 'Skulldozer'.

"Okay, guys, get ready to run!"

Suddenly, they could hear an engine revving over the sound of the firefight, and soon after a bus smashed through the nearby wall, taking out an unlucky Cloaker. "Alright, go! Go! There's a van in the neighboring parking lot for you, now move your asses!"

The crew wasted no time, piling into the crashed bus's open door, then moving to the back and leaving through the other door. Sure enough, another van was waiting for them, and one after another they piled in.

Houston got behind the wheel, and within moments they were rolling back onto the road, police cars, SWAT vans, and police choppers all moving to chase.

After pulling onto the main highway out of town, the crew looked behind them to see quite a lot of cops on their tail.

"You got the whole damn police force on your ass! I hope you have a plan, Houston!"

"Don't worry, I got it!" Houston flipped a switch on a device he pulled from his pocket, then placed in in the empty seat next to him.

"What do you have planned?" Dallas asked.

"You'll see."

The chase continued for a couple more minutes, leaving the town behind and entering the desert. The pursuit didn't let up at all, however.

Up ahead, a pair of radio towers sat on either side of the road. Upon seeing them, Houston grinned, though the others didn't notice.

Just before they passed them, Houston began counting down. "And five, four, three, two..."

A moment after they passed the towers, a pair of explosions broke out at their bases, causing them to fall inwards towards each other- And the road.

Almost the entirety of the pursuing vehicles were taken out, and even the choppers were knocked out of the air. All that was left chasing them was a single police car, which was easily dealt with by way of Dallas opening the back door and shooting the driver.

Once they were sure they were clear, everyone in the van let out a loud cheer, celebrating their victory.

"Fucking assholes deserved it!" Chains said, looking over the Elements they had just recovered. "And now we get off the hook, too!"

"Not so fast, guys," Bain warned, "we're not out of the woods yet. We still have to meet with Celestia. I'll contact her now. Let's just hope we'll be done with this afterwards."

"When we get to a bar, remind me to buy you crazy bastards a drink, alright?" Hoxton said.

The rest laughed as they drove off into the early morning light.


Celestia stared out over the ballroom, the aftermath of the incident still present. Bullet holes marked the walls here and there, blood stains were evident on the ground, and empty shell casings littered the floor. As she began her duty of setting the sunrise in motion, she thought about what had happened. If only she had been here, she could've stopped it herself, then-

"Sister!"

Celestia was broken out of her thoughts by her sister rushing into the ballroom behind her. "What is it, Luna?"

"You have a call." Luna levitated the phone closer to the elder princess, who raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"And how is this impor-"

"It's him."

All of a sudden, the words died in Celestia's throat, and it felt like the room was spinning. Wordlessly, she accepted the phone.

"Yes?"

"We've done our part, now you do yours. The bridge just outside Las Pegasus in one hour. Be there."

The line clicked dead, and for a second, Celestia didn't know what to do. She figured it out quickly, though, and turned to a nearby guard, who looked like he was about to doze off.

"You!" Celestia called out, making the guard jump as he quickly recovered and snapped to a salute. "Assemble a small team of pegasus guards, and tell them to meet me at the castle gates in five minutes."

The guard saluted. "At once!" He ran off, while Celestia let out a sigh.

"Let us hope this is the last we'll see of them," she said, leaving her sister behind as she walked to the front of the castle.

Author's Note:

Also, happy America day.