• Published 24th Mar 2013
  • 7,685 Views, 473 Comments

An Eque$trian Payday - The card holder



A group of robbers end up at ground zero of Earth and Equestria having portals opening between them. The robbers blend in with the crowd and bide their time; at least, until they decide that Equestria has some nifty things to steal...

  • ...
26
 473
 7,685

Fir$t World Problem$

First World Banks was a fairly common name back on Earth, particularly in America, and it didn't take long for them to begin a few branches in Equestria. Their Ponyville bank didn't have as much traffic as one in, say, Manehattan, but given its size, it did enough business to get by.

Inside the bank in question, humans and ponies alike were waiting in lines, either to deposit or withdraw funds. Off to the side, four suited men looked around, taking in the sights- Namely, the location of guards and cameras.

"I got four cameras in the lobby, and three guards," Wolf quietly reported.

"Not too many, that's good. You'll be able to take care of this no problem, guys."

"Vault's to the right, behind the desk," Dallas whispered to the others.

"Let's just hope our client knows what they're do- Wait a second..."

Bain's end went silent for a bit, and the four men grew a bit anxious. "Bain?" Hoxton asked. "What happened?"

"Guys, no wonder the police line's been completely silent; they were using an encoded frequency! They were setting up a sting operation on us!"


Twilight waited, as did the numerous SWAT officers around her in the dark warehouse. At any moment, the men that had hurt her friends would come in, thinking they were doing another job. Then they would be caught, and this string of heists would finally be put to an end.

But it was ten minutes after the agreed meeting time now. Did they manage to find out about the trap?

Outside, a fairly light rain fell onto the roof and streets, which would be enough to cover any minute sounds.

Suddenly, the SWAT's radios went off. "All units be advised, four men matching suspect descriptions have been spotted inside First World Bank."

Twilight stiffened. Would they go on with the heist regardless? Were they checking the place for vulnerabilities?

Then she realized something. Rarity said she was going to the bank today.

"Get to the bank!" Twilight shouted at the officers, shocking them. "They're there! Move!"

All at once, the assorted SWATs ran out into the rain, heading towards the bank that was only a block away.


"Alright, SWATs are mobilizing towards the bank. Time for plan B. Action, guys!"

The men nodded at each other, then pulled on their masks and pulled out their guns. At first, they weren't noticed, being at the back, but that changed when Chains fired a shot from his revolver into the air. "On the ground, all of you!"

The guards tried to draw their own guns, but were stopped by a few well-placed shots from Dallas and Hoxton's pistols. Now without any sort of protection, the civilians did as they were told, dropping to the ground. Dallas jumped onto a nearby desk, and began speaking to them.

"This is a robbery! We're after the bank's money, not yours! Just sit tight and shut up, and this will all be over soon. Think of your loved ones; don't try and be a hero!"

Meanwhile, the other three immediately went behind the desk, towards the vault. "Solid steel doors. I think it's time to try out the new saw, Chains."

The robber in question pulled a rather large hand-held saw, with a blade made entirely out of diamond. While the gems were now less valuable due to their abundance in Equestria, they were still the hardest non-magical material known to man and pony. With this in mind, Chains started it up and began sawing at the vault door. Sparks flew, and slowly progress was made in cutting a hole in it.

"Okay, cops are here now, give them a warm welcome!"

Dallas, Hoxton, and Wolf got into position behind the desk, pulling out rifles. Through the glass doors, they could see SWATs running in the distance, ignoring the rain. A few squad cars were driving over, as well. Hoxton fired the first shot, hitting a police car in the windshield. The driver swerved, ending up stopped right in front of the SWATs, giving them a piece of cover. Chaos broke out as the two sides began firing. Civilians screamed as bullets whizzed by overhead, and a few helmets that were sent flying landed on or near them.

A smoke bomb went off at the front door, obscuring the criminals' vision. This let the cops get farther inside the bank, but most of them were still shot dead. A pair of shields moved in, but a single shot from Wolf's grenade launcher sent them both flying. A single unlucky human civilian got caught in the blast.

"Hey, watch it with those shots, we don't want civilian blood on our hands!"

The firefight lasted another couple minutes, until the flow of cops slowed down to a small trickle.

"You really handed their asses to them! But, they'll be back within minutes, probably, so keep at it!"

Behind them, Chains turned off the saw and gave the door a strong kick, causing the detached panel to fall inward. "Vault's open, let's clean house!"

All of them piled inside, and began filling their pockets and bags with cash and bits. There were a few locked strongboxes, so Chains started working on them with the saw.


Rarity was shaken completely. Of all the things that could've happened today, this was the worst, and for once there was not an ounce of hyperbole in that statement. She had kept her head down the entire time during the gunfight, and at some point she had started crying from fear. Even now that the shots had stopped, she stayed down with her face planted to the carpet, for fear that she would be shot.

She heard footsteps approaching her, and she feared for the worst, curling into a ball. However, instead of the rough treatment she was expecting, a hand lightly tapped her shoulder. "Go, get out of here," a voice whispered to her.

Rarity looked up, coming face to face with a cop, one of the hostage rescue units. She wasted no time in doing as he said, getting to her hooves and heading for the front door. After just two steps, though, there was another gunshot, and the cop that had urged her to escape fell in front of her, a gunshot wound evident on his head. She froze, fear reaching levels previously unknown to the unicorn.

"On the ground," a voice behind her said, commandingly but somewhat quietly. She obeyed, and this time she felt her front hooves be pulled behind her back and tied with something. She noticed that once it was on, she couldn't feel her horn. It was as if it went completely numb.

She just lie there, eyes shut, waiting for this mess to all be over...


"Alright, now to make our exit; the airspace is being heavily watched now, so I can't fly in and pick you guys up while you're in town. However, I managed to get you guys a getaway driver, so make your way to the river."

Wolf looked out a nearby window, seeing the river in question not too far away. However, there wasn't much cover between it and the bank. Still, they could make it if they were fast enough.

"This way!" he told the others, busting out the window with the butt of his rifle. They all sprinted through the rain, dodging occasional shots from the cops outside. Soon, they made it to the river, and a boat being driven by a man in a ski mask pulled up. The four of them jumped in, and they pulled away, the boat's motor kicking up water as they left. They soon got into the forest, and once they were a sufficient distance away from Ponyville, the four jumped out and ran into the trees. The driver kept going, now being pursued by a few pegasi and a helicopter. None of them seemed to notice that the robbers had jumped off yet.

"Nice one, fellas! The safe house shouldn't be too far away; I can't risk picking you guys up at the moment. Also, I looked into it, and it turns out that unicorn who's the princess's student organized the trap."

"So what does that mean?" Chains asked.

"It means that we're now essentially on the national most wanted list."

"So what do we do?" Hoxton asked. "We can't stay in this town, then."

"They still don't know we set up shop in the castle, but you're right, so I made arrangements for you guys to be moved somewhere else; I'll keep operating from here."

"Where are we going, then?" Dallas inquired as they reached the bridge to the castle.

"Where they least expect it," Bain answered. "You guys are going to Canterlot."

Author's Note:

I would say Payday 2 has been taking up a lot of my time recently, but my computer does like 5 FPS for it
In the menus
Yeeaaah