• Published 24th Mar 2013
  • 7,678 Views, 473 Comments

An Eque$trian Payday - The card holder



A group of robbers end up at ground zero of Earth and Equestria having portals opening between them. The robbers blend in with the crowd and bide their time; at least, until they decide that Equestria has some nifty things to steal...

  • ...
26
 473
 7,678

Out of the Frying Pan...

Dallas, Hoxton, Chains, and Wolf walked down the street, away from the train station. It was pretty easy to smuggle themselves on board, and given the size of Canterlot, not only would they have a pretty easy time blending in, but they'd be in their element.

"Take it in, fellas; this will be where the action will take place now," Bain told them. "I spoke to some people, and I've already arranged for a safe house to be made for you guys up there. It's not as good as the one I'm in, but it'll get the job done."

Heading to the address, the four came to the entrance of a nightclub that went by the name of "The Saddle". Walking inside, they saw that despite the sun just barely setting, there was already a fair number of patrons there, including a few human women that drew the four's eyes.

"Stay focused; you can get phone numbers later."

Approaching the bar, a stallion walked up, polishing a glass. "What can I do for you gentlemen?"

"We'll have the payday," Dallas told him.

The bartender nodded, understanding the code phrase. "In the back, downstairs."

The four followed his directions, arriving in a mostly empty back room. A single handle stood up from the floor, which Wolf pulled up to reveal a set of stairs heading downward, a door with a keypad awaiting at the bottom. Closing the trapdoor behind them, Hoxton punched in the code and opened the door. Inside was a room that had a pair of bunk beds in the back and a table covered in a map of the city in the middle of the floor. A door was on the opposite wall, which opened into another room that had a gun rack on two walls, and a door leading into a garage on another. In the garage sat an unmarked van.

"Get acquainted with the place, guys. This'll be your base of operations while you're in Canterlot. I paid the club owner good money, so he'll help keep this secret from cops and the public as long as you don't do anything to deter any potential clients of his. I managed to buy some of the bare essentials as far as firearms go, and I even got you guys a personal escape vehicle complete with magically hidden garage, but I couldn't get you the fancier toys just yet. That shouldn't be a problem for you guys, though."

While Chains checked out the guns, Wolf inspected the van, and Hoxton tried out the beds, Dallas looked over the map. Notable landmarks were marked, including The Saddle, and various banks, jewelry stores, and other major businesses. The castle was also marked, though the map seemed to stop at the walls. "So what's up first?" Dallas asked, putting his bag of luggage down.

"I've been doing some talking around, and I have a few potential clients lined up for you guys. While the princesses are a bit busy dealing with politics and such, make sure you don't cause too much of a stir; Canterlot does have its fair share of crime, but I don't want the entire damn country going after you. You're in the hornet's nest, after all. For today, I'd get some sleep; big plans and bigger heists await you."

Dallas nodded, even though Bain couldn't see it. Wolf and Chains walked back into the main room, joining Dallas and Hoxton.

"So, who gets what bed?" the Brit asked.

"I don't know about you guys, but I think I deserve a drink," Wolf said, pulling out a bag filled with a modest sum of bits. "And besides, I saw some nice ladies up there!" Wolf let out a howl as he left, causing the other three to laugh.

"I guess I better keep an eye on him," Hoxton grumbled, following his fellow criminal. Dallas and Chains just laughed some more.

Author's Note:

Good god Payday 2 is so addictive why is it so good I mean the heists the guns the soundtrack oh god the soundtrack it's so good everywhere