• Published 24th Mar 2013
  • 7,686 Views, 473 Comments

An Eque$trian Payday - The card holder



A group of robbers end up at ground zero of Earth and Equestria having portals opening between them. The robbers blend in with the crowd and bide their time; at least, until they decide that Equestria has some nifty things to steal...

  • ...
26
 473
 7,686

Brief Post-Op Adjustments

Once their client had paid them for their services, the crew gathered in Bain's computer room, where they celebrated another success over a few beers.

"But here's what I don't get," Hoxton said. "How did they know we were there in the first place?"

"I looked into that," Bain responded. "Apparently, someone managed to recognize you from our last heist, due to your hair and accent. Both of which we can easily correct."

"My accent? Well, what should I do, then?"

"You could just not talk," Wolf suggested with a laugh. Hoxton shot him a glare, and smirked.

"You're not off the hook, Wolf," Bain said. "According to some police reports in the aftermath, one of the civilians at the hospital was able to tell them what you looked like, thanks to your beard and bald head."

Dallas, Chains, and Hoxton laughed, while Wolf felt his beard. "You're not saying...?"

Bain took an electric razor out of a drawer. "Sorry, but this is the only way to stay undetected while in town. We'll also need a wig for your head, but that shouldn't be too hard."

Wolf grumbled.

"So, about that accent," Hoxton said in a stereotypical southern U.S. voice. "How's this?"

Silence filled the room.

"Horrible," Wolf said.

"Terrible," Chains agreed.

"And quite frankly, I find it offensive," Dallas commented.

"Bloody twats," Hoxton laughed.

"It is pretty bad," Bain said, "but you could probably just not talk much while out there. Now, what are we hitting next?"

"That bakery with the gold is still open," Chains said, "but I don't know how we're gonna get in there and get it out."

"I can think of a few ways," Bain replied, taking a swig. "You guys feel like bringing back Bodhi's?"