• Published 24th Mar 2013
  • 7,678 Views, 473 Comments

An Eque$trian Payday - The card holder



A group of robbers end up at ground zero of Earth and Equestria having portals opening between them. The robbers blend in with the crowd and bide their time; at least, until they decide that Equestria has some nifty things to steal...

  • ...
26
 473
 7,678

A Vengeful Death Wi$h (Part 1) - Sneaking in Silence

The crew observed the warehouse across the street, its floodlights clearing away the dark of the night. They had been casing the place all day yesterday, though they still weren't able to find out what the layout inside was. Murkywater troops milled about, guarding the warehouse, while various gangster-types entered and exited the place regularly. Humans, ponies, and even a few griffins were spotted amongst the guards present.

Nearby, Houston finished up assembling his suppressed sniper rifle. A larger case sat next to the now-empty one, though when he was asked what was in it, he just smiled and said "Insurance."

After taking one last look at the warehouse, Dallas put on his mask. "Alright, no time like the present. Let's do this."

"Bout time," Wolf said, also masked. "I never was a fan of casing places, anyway."

"Just remember the plan," Hoxton warned. "Keep it quiet, avoid guards and searchlights." After putting his mask on, he looked down at the street between the warehouse and the building they were in, where their escape van was parked, next to a manhole. "What's our point of entry?"

"The sewers seems like the best option," Bain said. "There should be manhole access to the inside of that place, or at least close enough to get in unnoticed."

"Good luck out there," Houston told them while performing some last minute adjustments on his scope.

"We don't need luck," Chains said, masking up. "We need some goddamn payback."

With that, the four of them made their way into the street and to the manhole. Dallas opened it up, and they all climbed down into the sewers. A grate blocked their path, but it was easily dealt with by way of an application of thermal paste.

After burning one more grate away, they found a ladder leading back to the street level. Wolf climbed up and checked it out, and found that it led straight inside the warehouse. After checking to see if the coast was clear, he motioned the rest of the crew up, who followed silently.

"You got a lot of guards outside," Houston told them over the radio. "But hardly any windows. I can't help you when you're inside, but you won't get spotted from the outside."

The crew moved swiftly yet quietly, keeping an eye out for any signs of guards, or where the Elements might've been kept. Considering that they could be in one of the many storage boxes littered around the place, Hoxton grabbed a crowbar. While the others covered him, he pulled the top off of a nearby crate, finding some gold inside. "Well ain't that a pretty sight..."

"Why do they have gold here?" Dallas asked, after seeing what was inside.

"Murkywater operates all over Earth, and apparently they're moving in on Griffonia, too," Bain said. "I know the loot's tempting, but it'd be best if we just ignore it and keep looking for the Elements."

Slightly disappointed, Hoxton replaced the lid on the crate, before moving with the others to the next room. There, a guard was busy inspecting the various crates and boxes scattered about. He didn't appear to be moving anytime soon, so once he was sure the coast was clear, Chains slipped up behind him and shot him in the head, moving quickly to catch his falling body. As the others checked the now-empty room, Chains stashed the body in the one place he knew was safe to do so. That is, he dumped it into the sewers.

Meanwhile, Hoxton opened more crates, but they were either empty, or held miscellaneous loot that they couldn't afford to take with them.

From the doorway leading into the next room, Wolf let out a low whistle. "Guys, I think I found the armory."

The others came to investigate, finding a Gensec-brand security door unattended in a hallway. A key card reader beside it made it obvious how to get inside, and a sign just above the door labeled it as the armory.

"Nice find, Wolf," Dallas complimented. "That's one issue solved, at least."

"Hey, guys," Houston broke in, "you got a couple of choppers flying in. Looks like one transport chopper and one attack chopper."

"What? There weren't any flights in or out scheduled for tonight," Bain said.

Whatever it meant, it couldn't have been good. "We split up here," Dallas ordered. "We need to find the key to this armory. Me and Hoxton will go this way," he said, pointing left, "and Wolf and Chains go that way," he added, pointing right. "When someone finds it, meet back here. Houston, keep an eye on those choppers for us."

"Roger that."

They split up, with Wolf and Chains eventually going upstairs, while Dallas and Hoxton remained on the ground floor. There, they entered into the main room of the warehouse, which was stacked nearly thirty feet high with all sorts of boxes and crates. A large amount of Murkywater mercs, consisting almost entirely of humans and even the odd griffin, were currently gathered, so they stuck to the shadows and watched.

"Groundwalker 8 is about to land," one of them said. "Get the Package and move it to the roof."

The rest saluted, and one of them going inside another Gensec door. Shortly after, he emerged, holding a box that was all too familiar to the two criminals hiding in the shadows.

"Alright, let's move out!" the lead Murky said, and with the one holding the Elements in the middle, they began walking the way Dallas and Hoxton came, passing within only a couple of feet of the hidden heisters.

"They're bringing the Elements to the roof," Dallas said once they were gone. "Houston, what's the situation up there?"

"Both choppers have landed, and it looks like some people are coming out of the transport one. There's only a couple of Murky's, though."

"Shit, that must be the cartel leader himself," Bain said. "We got here just in time."

At the same time, Wolf finished moving a dead body out of sight just as the group of soldiers marched past. Once they were clear, he looked at Chains, who held a Gensec key card in his hand.

"Shit, we gotta move," the Swede whispered, and Chains nodded in agreement. They hurried back downstairs as quickly as they could without making noise, and soon they found Dallas and Hoxton, who arrived at the armory door at the same time they did.

"Whole bunch of mercs just arrived on the roof," Houston reported.

Wordlessly, Chains inserted the key card, and Dallas pulled the door open. Inside, a single Murkywater soldier was sitting on a bench, reading a magazine containing questionable content. He jumped at the sudden intrusion, only to have four handguns pointed at him. He quickly put his hands up in defeat.

"Don't do anything you might regret," Hoxton threatened, while the others began to arm up using the quite expansive collection of weapons and body armor in the armory. Much to Wolf's delight, there was even a good amount of C4 available to use.

After Dallas was fully armed and armored, he took over watching the soldier for Hoxton while he did the same. Once they were all finished, holding their weapons of choice and wearing body armor over their suits, Chains shot the soldier with his handgun.

"It looks like they're discussing some kind of deal," Houston said.

"He's gonna leave with the Elements!" Bain shouted. "Guys, move your asses! We only have one shot at this!"

"How we gonna do this?" Chains asked, swapping his suppressed handgun for a sawed-off shotgun.

Wolf grinned evilly under his mask, clutching a few bricks of C4. "Oh, I think I have an idea..."

Author's Note:

In other news, it's about fucking time we get word of a Hoxton jailbreak heist.
And the other upcoming heists don't sound half bad, either.