• Published 20th Mar 2013
  • 3,988 Views, 49 Comments

Becoming Human - Brinde



Twilight and the rest of the ponies have found themselves as humans, now Twilight must find out the cause, reverse it, or then adapt and move on. Only time will tell what such changes will cause.

  • ...
9
 49
 3,988

Return of Celestia

As they walked Twilight couldn’t help but notice the change in Celestia’s appearance, now that she had more time… relatively, to take note of such things. The most obvious, as it had been with Luna, was the dress and hair. Once again as with Luna, the dress seemed to blend into the light of the day, all while revealing nothing, and if looked upon to closely, much like the sun, one could blind themselves. It was certainly a sight to behold, as if it gave off it’s own light, then there was Princess Celestias hair, Twilight had never really thought of it too much prior to the changes. Yet now that she was, her mentors hair reminded her of different hours of the day, starting from sunrise, and going into sunset.

Then of course there was Celestias bust size, which made Twilight turn red once or twice as she observed her mentor and idol practically. Cut it out Twilight, you shouldn’t be having such thoughts about your teacher, it’s improper! It was good to know her hormones were still in effect, if only in a different fashion, which was cause for a good deal of irritation. It neither helped the way Celestia was walking… with the graceful yet sensual sway of her hips, and movement of the fluid motion of her legs. The only thing that would make this worse, would be…

“Hey Twilight, you’re looking a little red there, you feeling alright?” Came Rainbow Dashes mischievous question, as she held a grin upon her face.

And there it was. Of course it had to be Dash, who else would it have been? “I’m perfectly fine Dash.” Came Twilights sharp reply as she sent a glare towards Dash.

“Whoa testy aren’t we? I’m just making sure so you don’t faint again.” Rainbow Dash replied with a teasing emphasis on faint.

“I can assure you that won’t happen again, I was simply mentally overwhelmed the first time.” Twilight replied just as sharply as she had the first time. Now if only Celestia doesn’t decide to join in…

Even if one had been looking at Princess Celestia, they would not have noticed her sly smirk hidden within her gentle smile. Of course like clockwork. “Why Twilight Sparkle, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the feelings you have towards me currently. In fact I think I should be honored that you would have such thoughts about me, it tells me that I look just as young now as I did a thousand years ago.” Came her response

Of course she did. Came Twilights mental groan. This was not going to end well… for herself, it was probably going to be a great source of entertainment for the others however, especially since Princess Celestia had decided to join in on the fun. Why wouldn’t she though? After all, ever since Twilight was young, she had known Celestia enjoyed jokes and pranks, it was one of her ways of unwinding from inconsequential problems of the bickerings between the other nobles. In some ways, she wasn’t surprised that Celestia had decided to join in, and was frankly half suspecting she would, even though she had hoped that her mentor wouldn’t.

“It’s alright Twilight, there’s nothing wrong with being hot for teacher.” Pinkie Pie said rather cheerfully if not slightly mischievously as she also joined in.

“Pinkie! I am not hot for teacher!” Twilight responded perhaps a little too quickly, which then caused her eyes to widen and clasp her hands over her mouth. Oh no… please no… please, please no…

“Why Twilight, you never told us you had a crush on Princess Celestia.” Rarity spoke up, while retaining her ladylike tone of voice.

“Rarity!” Twilight half whined before she was again cut off, this time by Applejack.

“Why heck sugah cube, there’s nothin’ wrong with likin’ someone, even if she was yer teacher.” Was Applejacks reply.

Et Tu Applejack. Twilight responded in her mind as she glared at both her and Rarity. Looking to see if Fluttershy had something to say as well, only to be relieved that the only thing she was doing was looking away, and by the time she looked back to where Celestia was, or in this case had been. Her entire mind went into full alert as the only thing on repeat was a steady line of no, no, no, no, no.

That was when she froze as Celestias hands gentle rested on each of Twilights shoulders, and her breasts pressing ever so nicely upon Twilights back. Immediately causing Twilight to go still. “Why Twilight Sparkle, I’m hurt. Have the years truly put such a distance between us?” Celestia asked as her hand began to move down Twilights side. “Or have you forgotten the skinship we used to share?”

“Th… that was a long time ago.” Twilight mumbled slightly as she continued for force herself to stay still… or at least try to.

“Hmmm is that so?” Celestia whispered into her ear mischievously. “Because if I recall correctly, you should be sensitive right around here.” She finished as magic pulsed between the fingers that happened to be touching the left side of Twilights waste, giving it a slight press. Then just like that, if smoke could appear from Twilights head it would have, before she finally fainted for the second time today.

Catching Twilight within her gentle arms, Celestia turned to look at Twilight Sparkles friends. “Too much?”

When Twilight came to again, she found herself resting against something soft, and a gentle hand stroking her hair softly. Shifting a bit as she opened her eyes, blinking a few times as she looked around a little before looking up. “Celestia?”

“Yes Twilight?” Celestia responded as she continued to look down at Twilight Sparkle, smiling that gentle smile she generally always had on her face.

Having been in Celestia’s room many a time, that was not a question she need ask. “Where are my friends?” She asked instead, not really moving from her spot on Celestias lap, if only due to the fact that resting against Celestia was like resting on a hazy lazy sunny Sunday afternoon.

“I sent them to get ready while we speak in private, they will be briefed later on so no need to worry.” Celestia replied calmly.

Finally deciding to sit up, and stretch a bit, before looking at Princess Celestia. “I wasn’t worried I was curious.” Twilight replied.

Celestia nodded slightly at that, with a small smile. “As always. Continuing on, I suppose you were wondering where my sister and I have been.”

“A bit of an understatement there, it was more than just wondering, but yes I would like to know why you and your sister decided to leave me alone with a bunch of panicking people with no idea of where to begin or do.” Twilight answered with a slight huff.

Placing a gentle hand on Twilights shoulder as Celestia looked into her eyes. “Twilight, I would never place anything on you that I think you couldn’t handle, I knew you would be able to perform the task even though my sister and I would be gone.”

Sighing slightly. “I just wish I was told you and Luna had to leave... what was so important that both of you had to leave?” Twilight asked as she looked at her idol.

“The fate of Equestria and all that is around it.” Celestia responded in all seriousness as she began her tale.

Flashback

It all began when I was awoken by my sister Luna as she swung open my chamber doors in a mad panic. Her form had completely changed by this time, and so had mine. This was initially the reason why she was rattled I had thought, but then I later found there was so much more to it than that.

“Sister get thine self up from thine bed... ack back to the old tongue...” Luna berated herself what was it they said again now that had more effect? Oh yeah... “WAKE UP!!!”

I woke up with a start noticing immediately that her body had changed. In order to lead properly, a ruler must learn quickly, especially a divine ruler such as us, with something that we could only describe as celestial knowledge and age which helps us. “What is it Luna? Besides the obvious that is.” I had asked.

“I have felt a rift in the fabric of this universe Sister, I know not what it will bring.” Luna replied in a worried tone of voice.

“A rift you say? how many portals are there?” Celestia suddenly became more serious.

“... There are 6 my sister...” Luna answered looking off into the distance. “There may even be more still if we do not act...’”

I got out of bed, as my body formed clothing around it, my sister had done likewise, as we felt the new shift in temperature around us. “Then we better get started, Twilight is an early riser, so that only leaves us with three or so hours.”

“I do not think you’ll be able to make it back in time Sister mine... they’re too far apart from each other, even Discord has felt this disturbance as well, yet even so he makes no move to do anything...” Luna spoke with a sense of urgency.

“He may simply be observing to see what will come of all this...” I replied remaining calm about it all, yet still worried. “But it’s best we begin then.”

End Flashback

“Portals? Portals to where?” Twilight Sparkle asked as Celestia finished her story.

“Different realities, times, and dimensions, where the most dangerous of beings dwell. We had no time but to immediately close them all.” Celestia replied as she recounted the moments.

Blinking a few times before Twilight spoke again as she thought on it all. “So they’re all closed then? Equestria is safe for the time being?”

This time Celestia sighed. “All save for one, when we came to the last portal we were stopped.”

Stopped? Who would stop Celestia and Luna from closing a portal? Was there anyone even powerful enough in Equestria to be able to do so? Clearing her throat, Twilight finally asked through her slight shock that someone would be bold enough to stop the two divine sisters. “Who… stopped you?”

“Starswirl the Bearded.” Celestia replied calmly.

This day was giving Twilight too many shocks than she was comfortable with, and this one nearly sent her over the edge… again. Placing a hand on her head as she looked down with a baffled expression, before looking back at Celestia rather confused. “Starswirl… THE Starswirl the Bearded?”

“The very same.” Celestia nodded as she replied.

Twilight finally stood up as she began to pace. “Why? Why would Starswirl stop you? It doesn’t make any sense… he was Equestria’s grand mage, and guardian back in the day, why in the world would he prevent the both of you from closing that portal to his time? What fathomable reason could there possibly be?”

“That is something you’ll have to ask him.” Celestia replied once again as she watched Twilight begin to pace.

Stopping, and turning rapidly around to face Celestia with a surprised look on her face. “You mean he came through the portal?!”

“Mmmmm not quite.” Celestia began as she tilted her head thoughtfully. “It’s more he spoke through the portal to us.”

“First Discord tells me I need to go to the badlands to gather potential help, and now I find out that Starswirl the Bearded… The Starswirl the Bearded is keeping open a portal open just to talk to me? Just what in the world is going on?” Twilight asked rather bewildered by it all.

Celestia blinked once and only once, and very slowly once she had heard the news. “Discord asked you to go to the badlands?”

Sighing Twilight nodded slightly irritated. “Yes, he said a new found forest had appeared which I should… investigate.”

Pursing her lips slightly as Celestia thought about this for a while, before finally responding. “It may very well in your best interest if you heeded Discords words in this.”

Twilight looked at Celestia in slight disbelief. “Really? You want me to listen to Discord, and go to a supposed forest that he said just happened to appear in the Badlands?”

“Twilight… I do not think Discord has any reason to deceive you with this information… I know he can be rather… untrusting, but there is always a method to his madness.” Celestia replied calmly once again as she looked back at Twilight, with an unwavering gaze.

Rubbing her eyelids, before finally responding when she had stopped. “Fine… I’ll go and look for this… forest, but then what? What do I do after I… do whatever it is I need to do there?”

“You’ll meet your friends as well as my Sister Luna at the remaining portal, while I stay here, and take over from what you have started in helping the people of Canterlot and beyond.” Celestia replied. “Which is why the coordinates to the remaining portal will be given to you now.” She finished as she waved her hand, bringing up a slightly transparent map of Equestria with a spiral in the form of a drawn portal rested within it.

“Really? That’s where the last portal is? Between the Ghastly Gorge and the Everfree?” Twilight replied as she sighed. “Why would it be there? You know what? No, nevermind, I’m sure I’ll find out once I get there.”

“That you will, the trickier part I suspect however, is finding that forest within the badlands.” Celestia responded as the map faded away.

“How hard can that be? It’s the badlands after all, it’s not like anything really grows there.” Came Twilights slightly sarcastic reply.

Princess Celestia arched a slight eyebrow at that before she finally answered. “The badlands are larger than you think Twilight, lets hope you don’t have to travel to far into them before you find the forest.”

Letting out a breath. “I know, and I’m sorry, it’s just… it’s been a rather long day already, and it’s not even evening yet, or the twilight hour for that matter. Which means I probably shouldn’t be wasting more time than I have.” Twilight said as she went towards the window in Princess Celestias chambers.

“I understand Twilight, a lot has truly happened today, none of which is appearing to slow down anytime soon.” Celestia replied with a gentle smile. “And yes it would be wise for you to be on your way.”

Opening the full sized window, Twilight looked back at Celestia. “I’m glad you’re back, and no harm came to you… I really am, I missed you dearly when you were gone.”

“I understand Twilight, I missed you too, now go.” Celestia replied, as she urged Twilight to get started.

Nodding at her Twilight stepped onto the windows edge before finally jumping out, and flying off into the distance. Eventually ending up at the border of the Badlands, she paused hovering for a moment, looking this way and that. All as she tried to logically figure out where a forest may randomly appear. Then again this was by Discords comment… so was logic something she should be relying on? In either case, hovering around and doing nothing wasn’t going to get her anywhere, so in the end she decided to continue to flying down the center.

She didn’t know how many hours she had been flying, but she finally noticed something… odd, in the distance. Bringing herself closer, as she landed on the ground, perhaps more gracefully than she ever had before. She found herself in front of a forest, not just any forest either, it was as if it shifted between this reality and next. There were also those shimmering lights, and silver outlines, everything about it felt… strange, even though it was also the most beautiful forest she had ever seen. As everyone knows, beauty can be deadly, and whatever lied within it, Twilight had no idea if it would be friend or foe. Regardless there was only one direction she could go from here, and that was forward. Which is exactly what she did as her feet stepped into the forest, before she finally disappeared into it’s thickness.

Author's Note:

My... my... my... I do wonder what strange things Twilight will encounter in the forest. No I don't I already know Bwahahaha. Anyways I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and look forward to the next chapter, I know I've certainly been looking forward to writing it for a few months now, and I am finally here yay.

Comments ( 11 )

Here's to hoping that you update more often. Though something tells me you don't quite have everything planned.

6184861 They retained their wings, not their horns.

6185240 Also I have roughly... 5 chapters planned ahead already...

6187082 That's good to know. Though I still think it's strange that despite them becoming human, they kept their wings and magic. They have a lot more power and abilities than normal humans have, when concept of being human is the exact opposite. If I may be so bold to say, more so with Twilight in a deus ex way. And so far, the only thing they had to adapt to was a change in anatomy, yet that hurdle was easily overcame, in just 1 chapter in fact. Now the transformation into humans is hardly presenting any sort of complication and it feels as if they are going about their biz like they were still ponies. I'm actually hoping they lose their powers soon.

6187179 That actually really depends on the world... in most fantasy stories humans have magic, whether it be through a wand, or various other means. Sure if this was real life it would apply, and they likely would have lost their powers, but since it is a fantasy realm, them losing their abilities would be like the X-men losing theirs. Also they haven't completely learned their anatomy yet, yes they've learned to walk, yes they've learned how to use their hands and all the basic skills a person would have. Eventually however, they will realize they can't go eating the same things they did before, can't do the same things they did before (i.e Applejack bucking apples) So at the moment in the story all they've learned is movement and magic, and even then they still don't have full control over it.

So far it's only day 1, and they really don't fully know all the implications of their transformations yet, and they're more susceptible to the elements, injuries, and the like. Also they're the only ones who changed into humans, which means you still have beings like Tirek, Dragons, Hydra, and the like, if they were powerless, and if some big bad wanted to invade and create havoc this would be prime time to do so if they didn't have their abilities. Also the time frame the portals were open, was enough for enough bad things to come in before Celestia and Luna got there, you as the readers just don't know what yet. So while your concerns are valid, I don't intend to have them be powerless by the time the villains enter the story, especially since the villains will have their powers since they're not human.

Comment posted by Blankscape deleted Jul 10th, 2015

6187312

So far it's only day 1, and they really don't fully know all the implications of their transformations yet,

And that's most of my complaint here. You're still at day 1. Well, that part is entirely up to you and when you decide to update the story.

But again, I repeat, the transformation into humans barely present them any challenge or hindrance. It's practically a minor inconvenience. At least you hint to that in some areas, like AJ has to buck apples differently, Fluttershy not being able to talk to her animals, RD getting wrecked after performing a Rainboom (which she should not be able to do in the 1st place.) But if they wouldn't be able to do the same things the same way, then why only apply it to a them?

IMO Pinkie shouldn't have Pinkie Sense anymore, shouldn't be zipping around like a cartoon, and should get tired like a normal person. Former pegasi shouldn't be able to fly due to the weight of the human body, much less walk on clouds. And former unicorns should be largely cut off from most of their magic. Even in fantasy settings where humans have access to magic, it is implied humans aren't the most magically adept race. Yet Twilight seems even more powerful for it, and Rarity can sew dresses faster than you can cook Sunday pancakes. Sure you don't want them to be powerless when the villain comes, but you've given them power all too easily. You've skipped the struggle in adapting, hence me pointing out;

it feels as if they are going about their biz like they were still ponies

In fact, they have adapted so easily to their human bodies, you've done away with most of the compelling foothold of your story. Their reason to adapt. Retaining their wings and magic (which should have been gone when they lost their horns) is another nail to the coffin, so the most crucial motivation to adapt and develop is largely lost. They are not vulnerable, thus there is no reason to grow in the way the story description promised.

Not only that, you're giving more focus than needed on describing their bodies and physical sensitivities in detail, and playing around with their insecurities. And no offense, but I can't help infer some ulterior motives here.

Okay, I have caught up to the last chapter and, I gotta say, I have some mixed feeling about the story. On the pro side of the story, it is pretty entertaining and the plot have enough pulled to keep me reading. However, on the con side, I was floored badly by bad grammars and illogic flow of a couple lines/paragraphs (one such example was the one I look at for Chapter 2). It also feels a little rushed in some areas of the story, and that there are some things that could been better left out of the story, or in the very least, have been more discreet (the shipping nonsense, which seems more distracting than anything else, and the fourth-wall breaking, which seems to come across a little too strongly).

As for the latest chapter, I’m curious to why Starswirl the Bearded would requested that one of the portals kept opened. And, I would like to see where this whole thing is building toward. I’ll keep my eyes out for more, but whatever or not I’ll fave and like it might depends on how future chapters will come out.

6210978 Well one part of the whole bad grammar bit is the fact of me doing this with no editor (due to no one being interested... the uh... last one stopped about a year ago). So yeah my bad on that, I do try and keep it reasonable I suppose you could say. As for the pace, that's a personal issue with me in thinking so far a head into the future, that I don't stop and take in everything that could be done, I try not to do it, but it usually ends up happening. I do however, thank you for those suggestions. As for the thought that was going through my mind, it wasn't so much that Twilight saw her as evil but her friends. Also yes, you are correct in the fact that Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy also didn't provoke her, and for the most part stayed out of it.

As for the shipping thing, that was meant to be a I guess you could call it a running gag? As in nothing serious would ever come from it, but in a sense it was still me slightly poking fun at all the other shipping out there... if that makes sense. As for the fourth wall breaking, I only give that to the characters who would use it, so in this case it would be Pinkie Pie, and Discord. As to why Starswirl is keeping the portal open, you'll find that out after the next chapter. Speaking of which, and I'm just throwing this out there, but if you are interested on helping me out, it would also mean you'd get earlier access to the chapters.

One last thing, while not showponies, the Flim Flam Brothers, in the way they perform, could be considered to be showponies, but they're also conartists so the group might see them as bad, which was another thing that went through my head.

6211531
About the part with Starswirl, that wasn't actually a question, just talking about the chapter as a whole. As for your request, I'm afraid that I can't. To be honest, I am already acting as an editor to a couple of stories as it is, and sadly, I'm kinda falling behind on a few things. And, for the fourth-wall breaking dealing, try to be a bit more subtle about it...make it feel like a part of the story, rather than disrupting it. Many authors have done the same gags before, but so few did so without being so obvious about it.

Well, anyways, good luck with this, and I'll keep my eyes out for more.

Had a lot of potential, but didn't meet my expectations. Overly sexualiazed, with an obsession for breasts. Would not want to meet author irl. 3/10 would not read the first chapter again.

Login or register to comment