• Published 2nd Mar 2013
  • 305 Views, 2 Comments

The Days of the Valore - Akorthebrave



This the untold story of how a race came from the stars, saved a race in need, and how they disappeared leaving little to no trace of their very existence. This is the story of Akor and how he changed a hole world.

  • ...
 2
 305

Chapter One: Arrival

Chapter One
The Arrival


"What are we going to do?" asked Commissioner Frank. "If we inter fear we could destroy everything that the races of this planet has built."

Both Commander John and Commander Akor where looking at the hollow map projection in the center of the room. The planet was just like the home world Valcore, but that was before the war. The planet had some differences like instead of 2 continents like with Valcore, there where 3 massive contents and mostly covered by water. The planet was like Valcore being one of few massive terren worlds ever found. They where looking at the map for a long while. John and Akor where thinking the same thing. They saw the Committees side that they could end up doing more harm than good, but they also knew that if they did nothing that they would be sentencing an entire race to its extinction.

Akor began to speak. "If we do nothing, we are no better than the very things we are running from. We don't have to share our weapons tech, but we should go down and help, not because we might be getting something out of this, but because its the right thing to do."

The Committee looked at each other for a minute, talking and discussing what was to be done. John looked at Akor. They had known each other since they where young playing tag in the valley that they lived in. Though they joined the Valor Space Defense Force (or V.S.D.F.), they went their sepret ways as Akor left the F.S.D.F after his ten years where up. John would go on to become a commander after the Rebellion Wars and was hailed as a hero by all as he prevented the war from going nuclear. Akor, after his time in the V.S.D.F, Akor would go on to practice a form of druidism, trying to find peace not only with nature and the world, but also with himself. That would all change after the Dark Ones arrived and devoured the home world. He would become recognized as a hero after he came out of hiding and held his own against a hole army of Dark Ones that had invaded his valley home. He was severally injured, but got most of the people out of the valley. Akor was reinstated and given the title of Commander Akor. Though Akor had become a hero, he had to watch as he and his people fled the burning home world. The Valor had been on the run for now some 10,000 years (the Valor have ridiculous life spans) and this new world was a new start, a new home.

The Committee turned and looked at the two commanders with a look of contempt. Cron, The Committee leader, stood up quietly. When he spoke, it was low and deep, after all he was the oldest living Valor ever recorded. There are records stretching back as far as 900,000 years ago.

"This committee has come to an agreement." Cron began to speak. "We the committee have come to the decision to help the Pony foke, but we will send three warning beacons to these 'griffons'. If they dont heed the warnings, then we will go to war with them."

Akor looked at the committee with anger. though he never would say it to Cron, he was filled with rage. He was glad that they would be doing some thing, but he would have to wait three days, one day for each warning. He wanted action and he wanted to act now. Before Akor could say anything, John spoke up.

"But the longer we wait the closer the pony foke come to extinction. We need to act now or it will be to late for any of them."

Cron looked at the two commander with a smile tat only says that 'i knew that was what you where going to say' then Cron started to speak.

"Don't you worry about that. I have a suspicion that our bird friends arnt going to listen to our warnings. We are going to need the three days to prepare and I'd like you two to over see the preparations. If they want a war well give them a war. Once we are done with them, these 'Griffons' are going to wish they never picked up a weapon ever."

And with that the two commanders bowed to Cron, then took their leave. They had a lot to prepare for with little time to do so.

Three Days Later

Constance Sparkle had been on the run from the Griffon marauders for the past year. He only heard roomers of Griffons rounding up pony's for the slaughter camps. The Griffons thought that the pony races where inferior. He had also heard other roomers of strange objects falling from the sky giving strange warnings. If he heard correctly there where three found, though he wasn't sure why, but it worried him.

Constance was trapped in the back of an old home and all alone for the past three days as his hole family was killed three weeks ago. It pained him not only that he lost his family, but his entire race was going to be wiped out. He barely escaped the ban of griffins that had been pursuing him since they got his family. Constance had been cut pretty bad during his last encounter and was worried that he wasn't going to make it.

It was just then that Constance felt a claw grab his throat and yanked him out of the window then slammed onto his back. He tried to move but relised that the griffin had him pined. Constance could see out the corner of his eye other pony's, Unicorn, Pegisi, and Earth pony's alike to the center of the town. The griffon pinning him took out a blade and brought it to his throat . "I'm going to enjoy this." the griffin said with a creepy smile that sent a chill down his spine.

Constance was about to embrace his demise when another griffin ran up to the one pining him and started to point up to the sky. The griffin pining him turned to look, but never letting go of Constance 's throat. What Constance saw filled him with dread.

What Constance saw was fire. Big balls of fire. He thought it might be meteors, but they where too close together and moving way too fast. He noticed that a small group was heading towards the town he was in. It wasn't long before they plowed into the ground. The griffins started to investigate the object that had fallen out of the sky. The griffin dragged Constance over to the site of the crash. What he saw shocked him.

The object began to move, standing on two legs and was made out of metal. As it began to rise out of the hole, the griffons drew their weapons and began to approach the now moving creature. One got close enough to strike the being across the chest with his sword, but when he swung again, the being took the blade from the griffin, stabbed him strait through his head with his own blade, ripped it from his skull, and through the blade at another one of the griffins impaling him immediately.

Constance had feared this being more than the griffins. He knew the griffins intentions, theirs was very clear, but this new being was a total unknown. It had no eyes, was bipedal, and was very large. Larger than any griffin and nearly as brood as any minotaur. It showed no emotion of any kind to indicate that this being was benevolent, or malevolent.

As the griffins began to recover from their recent shock, the being picked up a very, very large object off the ground. It too was made of the strange metal as itself, had a large box with metal objects coming from the box to the top of the object witch looked heavy seeing that the being had to hold it by a handle on its bottom and a metal bar on its top. The griffins began to charge and then it happened.

A terrible sound came from the object the stranger was holding and the object began to light up and spit fire at the griffins. Each one was cut down before getting anywhere s close to the stranger.

Constance saw the stranger looking around, then started to approach him. Constance closed his eyes, ready to face his demise at the hands of this terrifying stranger. The strangers heavy foot steps where getting closer and closer, getting louder and louder as the stranger got closer making a crunching sound as the weight crunched and cracked the earth under the strangers very weight. Constance was sure this was the end when the footsteps stopped in front of him. Constance slowly opened his eyes to see the strange being standing in front of him the being extended out what he though was the beings claws and helped him to his hoves.

"Are you alright to walk?" the strange being asked him. " The nearest E-vac point is right around the corner."

Constance didn't know what to say. Not only did this creature save his life, but also spoke his peoples language. " Whats your name? What are you? Why are you here? What is a E-vac point?" Before Constance could ask another question, the strange being cut him off.

"All of your questions will be answered in good time. As for my name, I am Commander Akor." As he said this he began to take off what Constance thought was his head, only to reveal that it was only the beings helmet. Constance was not sure how to react to this being. The face was a pail white color with a long black main. His eyes where a bright green color and though he looked young, with a closer look he could see that there was more age to this being than what is first presented. He also realized that this being was without a doubt the biggest being hed ever seen even more so than a minotaur he saw when he was younger.

"You need to come with me now." said Akor with some authority. "We need to get you to the E-vac point now before the Titans arrive. If that happens then we will have to find another way out of this area."

As Akor said this they both looked up into the sky to see giant balls of light and fire falling from the sky in all directions and one was headed their way. Constantine looked terrified when he saw the fire coming towards them, but when he looked at the stranger, Akor looked unfazed, only looked back to Constantine and said, "We need to go now."

Akor then swooped up Constantine under his left arm nearly giving Constantine a heart attack, and started running faster than anything he'd ever seen. Constantine say the small village fly by, saw griffins coming at the horizon and began to worry. "What can one do against a army?" he thought. He wasn't sure what this creature was or where even such a creature could have come from. This being fell out of the sky unscathed only to get up and cut down a hole group of griffins. The only ones that had the level of capability where the Dragons and Alicorns, but there Empire exists on the other side of the world cut off from all others.

His question was about to be answers. A hole squad of griffins landed in front of them, cutting them off from what ever destination they where heading to. With out stopping or hesitation, he watched Akor draw an object, that he concluded was another strange weapon, and take aim and fire it upon the griffins. They never had a chance to react as four dropped like a sack of dirt and jumped over the remaining griffins and continued on running towards his goal. Though Constantine could hear the remaining griffins shouting orders to catch the stranger at any cost, but if Akor heard this he ether didn't understand what was said, or didn't care.

As the two rounded a sharp corner, Constantine could see a green hill not far off and thought that if Akor kept running they might make it, but then more griffins came surrounding the two. Akor put down Constantine and took a stance that looked like he was ready to fight. The griffins began to close in and looked like it might be over. Then they heard the noise that saved his life.

The sound, like many other things that happened this day, was unlike anything he had ever heard. This thing that was hear was so loud he had to put his hooves over his ears. then heard the very noise he had heard when Akor first got up out of the crater and attacked the griffins. It lasted for a few minutes and in that few minutes, all he could hear was the screams of the griffins being torn apart. He wanted to look up and see what was happening, but as he did he felt a hand push his head down and Akor drop on top of him telling him to stay down. Constantine was terrified as he heard explosions and the sound of rapid pinging on Akors outer shell and screaming, the screaming he heard scared him the most because it felt like it lasted for eternity.

After a few minutes, all nose ceased. He couldn't hear anything, not the pinging, not the screeching coming from the object above them, and the screaming had stopped. Constantine was about to look up again when Akor's hand covered his eyes and swooped him under his arm again and before he could ask to know what had happened, Akor responded with "Its better if u don't see."

Constantine couldn't see anything, only hear. What he heard sounded like a cave in. He heard Akor saying something to someone, then felt like his stomach was sinking.

When Akor finally removed his hand away from Constantine eyes and set him down, Constantine was very,very confused and scared. He had never flown in his life (him being a Unicorn and all) but even he knew that even a Pegasus could never fly this high. He would have asked what it was that they where in but he was drawn to a window to his left. What he saw did scare him a bit but also saw how beautiful his world truly was. So many questions where answered right then. Not only was the world round, but all the lands and oceans, it was more than he could handle. But then he saw great areas on fire and it was spreading in some areas. "What is with all the fire?"

Akor looked out the window and simply replied, "Don't worry. It will be over soon."

Author's Note:

This is my first story so I'd take anyone's ideas and opinions. Criticism is excepted and welcomed as it will help me in the direction of my writing. I'll answer question as I am on often. I will also take ideas cuz well that's how this came to be. Thanks for reading.

Comments ( 2 )

I am willing to take comments if anyone has any.

sorry it is taking so long have writers block like you wouldn't believe. want to do a chapter two but not sure how to approach it. any ideas.

Login or register to comment