• Published 29th Jan 2012
  • 1,761 Views, 25 Comments

Wherever She Ends Up - Frizzy



Set after the events of Boast Busters. Trixie learns that she is not so Great and Powerful.

  • ...
2
 25
 1,761

A Warm Bed, and a Belly Full of Food

"Well, this is the place." Twilight said, holding open the library's door for Trixie. "Sorry if it's a little messy." She added, blushing sheepishly. "Not to worry." Trixie said. "It's not THAT messy." That was a blatant lie. There were books, maps, star maps, and a half eaten daisy sandwich all over the library. "It usually isn't this messy. This only happens when I go on a study binge." Twilight insisted.

"Twi? You home? Lunch is ready!" A voice called from the kitchen. Trixie recognized the voice, but couldn't put her hoof on it. Appearing from the kitchen appearred a small dragon, carrying a large pot of soup. Oh, that's right: the voice belonged to the dragon. What was his name again? Spine? Upon seeing Trixie, the dragon froze in his place, glaring at Trixie. "What are YOU doing here?!" He asked, malice dripping from his voice.

"Spike!" Twilight scolded. "That is no way to treat a guest! Besides, Trixie is a changed pony. Apologize to her." Spike stared at Twilight for a moment. Had she just invited that liar into their home? Had she just insisted that that egotistical maniac had changed? Had she actually yelled at him? The last thought stung the most. He hated disappointing her. He hated it when she was angry with him. She wasn't often angry with him, but when she was he always felt tremendous guilt.

Spike carefully set the pot of soup down on the table. He looked at Trixie. She was an absolute mess. She was thin, she was filthy, and she looked... Different. Like she had changed from the pony she had been when he last saw her. Perhaps she had actually changed. Guilt flooded through every nerve in Spike's body. "I-I'm sorry, Trixie. I shouldn't have behaved like that." Spike apologized.

Twilight smiled. Her Number One Assisstant had learned his lesson. All three of them sat around the kitchen table, while Spike poured carrot soup into three bowls. After all had been served, they began eating. For the first time in weeks Trixie actually had an actual meal. Not the wild berries she scrounged up, or the garbage she dug up. Real food. She happily ate the soup. After going so long without food she had actually stopped noticing the stomach cramps. Now she remembered what it actually felt like to have food in her body.

After their bowls were empty. Twilight asked where Trixie had been during her last few weeks. "W-w-well, Trix- I mean I, have been traveling around Equestria looking for work. But no matter where I went, they had all heard about what happened here. I couldn't find work anywhere. So I just wandered. Doing the occasional... Err... Favor for ponies I met. Eventually I ended up back here. The you found me, and here we are."

Twilight looked down at the table. "I had no idea that by beating you things would have ended up so badly. I'm so sorry." Tears slid down Twilight's cheeks, as she stared into her empty bowl. Trixie wrapped a hoof around Twilight. "No, Twilight. I am the one who should be sorry. I shouldn't have made a fool of myself. Without you, I never would have seen the error in my ways. Thank you."

Twilight wrapped Trixie into a warm embrace. "I'm glad you learned a lesson through all this. The Princess may be interested in hearing about this one." Twilight said, holding Trixie.

Trixie couldn't believe what she had just heard. Twilight knew the Princess?! AND sent letters to her?! "Y-you know the Princess!? You can't be serious!" Twilight chuckled. "I'm her personal student. I came here to study the Magic of Friendship." Trixie was dumbfounded. Twilight Sparkle was Princess Celestia's personal student!?

Trixie could only sit there, with her jaw agape. Twilight laughed at the sight. "Well that is most certainly the most interesting reaction I've ever gotten. C'mon, let's go get you cleaned up." Twilight said, rising from the table. Spike immeatiatly began clearing the table. Twilight and Trixie climbed the stairs, and headed towards the bathroom. "Feel free to use whatever you like. In the mean time, I'll be getting he guest bed ready." Twilight closed the door on her way out.

Turning the knobs on the tub, she slowly lowered herself into the steaming water. Her joints ached after weeks of walking and getting little sleep. She began to rub the dirt and grime out of her mane and coat. After a few minutes of this, and feeling sufficiently clean, she got out of the tub. The water had turned gray, and her fur was now several shades lighter. She had forgotten that this was her actual color. Draining the tub, she left the bathroom.

Walking down the hallway, she looked into one of the rooms and saw Twilight preparing a bed. "Hello, Trixie. I'm almost done here. You'll be able to take a nap once I'm done." Twilight quickly finished putting sheets on the bed before scrambling out of the room. Trixie lowered herself into the warm bed. It had been far too long since she had actually used one of these. So soft. So warm. Trixie's tired joints screamed in pleassure. It wasn't long before the azure mare was fast asleep. While she slept, a certain lavender unicorn remained in her dreams.

Comments ( 15 )

272638 I accidentally clicked publish. The actual chapter is out now. I am terribly sorry for the inconvience.

272770

No prob, though I had hoped the chapter would have been longer.

Oh, thankyouthankyouthankyou, I have waited so long for this, good chapter, a bit on the short side, but a good chapter none the less!:pinkiehappy:

274997 thank you for yelling at me to publish it. Skyrim is very distracting on top of school and guitar lessons.

I have to say..

*tracked*

:)

so i don't mean to be rude but eny idea when a new chapter might be coming out "hopefully soon?"

547045 I've been meaning to start writing more. The new chapter can hopefully be expected before the end of the month.

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Frizzy great news! thanks for replying and just remember take your time and keep wrighting great!

*Looks at Character list*

Dude, there is a Mane 6 tag, use it.....

Some ponies these days.

1339424 I have plans to, but I haven't written this in months.

Any day....or year now

9321628
I'm honestly scared to even reread this. Sixteen year old me probably wrote some cringeworthy shit.

9322017
it was going good though, and it doesnt matter if its cringy, some of us loved this story.

Login or register to comment