• Published 29th Jan 2012
  • 1,761 Views, 25 Comments

Wherever She Ends Up - Frizzy



Set after the events of Boast Busters. Trixie learns that she is not so Great and Powerful.

  • ...
2
 25
 1,761

Kindness that isn't deserved

Twilight Sparkle walked through Ponyville's park. The rainstorm from last night had left the while place muddy and wet. As to be expected, nopony was here. The whole place was a mess, and it was a Tuesday, so all the children were in school, instead of playing in the puddles. Why was Twilight here? Because her schedule said to go for a walk through the park, and last night's impromptu storm wasn't going to stop her. Besides, she spent far too much time in the library, and needed do something other than study.

Twilight was taking her time on her walk. Enjoying the light drizzle of rain on her coat, picking up the occasional piece of trash that she found. Twilight thoroughly enjoyed walking in the rain. It gave her time to herself to think, and rain always had a refreshing smell to it.

As she walked, something caught her eye. Something out of place. There was a pony sleeping under a bench. Perhaps Berry Punch got drunk again, forgot where she lived, and decided to sleep under a bench. Like she did at least 3 times a week. But that wasn't Berry. She was shades of purple, while this pony had a blue coat, and a silver mane. There was something oddly familiar about this pony. Twilight just couldn't put her hoof on it. As she got closer she recognized the pony. Except last time she saw her, she didn't look like she was dying.

"T-Trixie?" Twilight asked, tentatively, giving the unicorn a soft poke. Trixie stirred a little. That's a good sign. "Trixie." Twilight said in a stern voice. "Give Trixie 5 more minutes. She's tired." Trixie mumbled in her sleep. "Trixie!" Twilight shouted, trying to wake the sleeping mare. Trixie quickly sat up, banging her head against the bottom of the bench. "Rubbing her head with a filthy hoof she spoke. "Trixie is up! What do you need of-" She stopped suddenly, now aware of who she was talking to. "Oh. T-T-Twilight Sparkle. I didn't realize it was you." Trixie said, blushing. "What can I do for you?"

Twilight looked at her sternly. "Well, you could tell me what happened to you. No offense, but you look absolutely terrible. And why are you sleeping under a bench? Didn't you notice the storm last night?"

"W-well," Trixie stammered. "Trixie arrived kind of late into town, and it started to rain, and..." Then Trixie broke down in tears. Twilight tightly embraced her. Trixie had been treated rather unfairly during her last visit here. She deserved at least some kindness. Especially since she looked as if she had fallen on hard times. "Trixie has had the worst couple of weeks! I lost my money, haven't eaten a decent meal in a long time, and done some rather... Unmentionable things." Trixie sobbed into Twilight's shoulder. "I considered ending it last night! You might not have found me under a bench today. You might have found my body someplace else!" Trixie was just letting her emotions flow. Finally, for the first time that Trixie could remember, she was getting her feelings off of her chest, and somepony was listening. And caring for her well being.

"Trixie," Twilight spoke up. "I'm taking you to the hospital. I won't take no for an answer. I'm worried about your condition. Now, get up, and follow me."

...

About an hour later Trixie was sitting in a Doctor's office, next to Twilight. Trixie absolutely hated these places. They just made her feel so... Weak. As soon as they walked in, Trixie was immediately taken in for treatment. She didn't realize she had looked that bad. They had run all kinds of tests on her, and now they were patiently awaiting the results.

The nurse walked in, carrying a clipboard in her mouth. "Well, Miss Trixie, you should make a full recovery as long as you start eating again, and give those scratches time to heal." The nurse looked up at Trixie and smiled. "And your chlamydia will go away after you take these for about 2 weeks." The nurse said, giving Trixie a bottle of pills. Trixie quickly took the bottle, blushing.

"Just sign these papers, and you're free to go." The nurse handed her the clipboard and a pen. Trixie hastily scribbled her name down onto the paper. Her and Twilight got up and left the office.

"So, Trixie, do you have any place to stay while in Ponyville?" Twilight asked. "No, actually Trixie does not." Trixie said, staring down at her hooves. "Please, why don't you stay with me while you recover." Twilight said, looking over at the battered unicorn. "Trixie could not ask that of you. You have already done so much for me, and I don't want to impose on you. You cared about Trixie. You took her to the hospital." 'You convinced her not to jump off a bridge.' She thought to herself. "Please, I insist. Besides, I have plenty of room, and I know you would enjoy sleeping in a bed rather than under a park bench." Twilight said, smiling. What was it about that smile that made Trixie feel so damn weak? "Alright, if you insist." Trixie said, smiling back at Twilight. "Great! Just follow me. It's not far." Twilight said enthusiastically. Trixie smiled. For the first time she had a friend. As they headed towards the library, the sky cleared, the rain stopped, and the sun came out. Things were beginning to look up for Trixie.