• Published 25th Feb 2013
  • 450 Views, 2 Comments

Climbing Mountains - thegingerbrony1



The Crusaders are given a task.

  • ...
 2
 450

Poem

Into the sky she rode,
Carrying in her mind the code,
The freedom of her people.

Stars shone brightly. The orange Pegasus sat on the highest peak of the Foal Mountains. The stone was cold, but she didn’t mind. The rocks scratched her hooves, but she didn’t mind. The real pain was in her head.

That streak of colors, that bright blue mane,
Those were the things that caused their pain.
As they watched from their small steeple.

The tears were now streaming down her cheeks, hitting the cold rock. She should go back, explain to them why she left. But she couldn’t. They would never understand.

Scootaloo stood, gazing out at the fields below her. The wind whistled around her.

Fly now, our friend,
Fly until the very end,
And find a cure for eternal death.

The poem that Sweetie Belle wrote in honor of her mentor. It continued to fly through her mind. It was the only thing she had left. Besides the goggles.

“These used to be mine. Here, you’ll probably need them now, you Wonderbolt.”

“What about you?”

“I’ll get myself some new ones sometime soon. Besides, you don’t really need goggles when you’re a weather pony. But those Wonderbolts do all those crazy stunts. And really high, too. Wouldn’t want your eyes to freeze shut.”

At the arrival of these memories, Scootaloo chuckled through her tears. She removed her goggles and stared at the lenses. It was as if she was still here. And that made her happy.

Comments ( 2 )

Why did you decide to stop writing this story?

Login or register to comment